Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

D4Dank

I start at 320 with the capsules, temp step by ~15 as vapor thins, ending around 390. I start a little higher, like 340 with Fury2 bent stem in oven. Caps need a little more time to get going, stem gets vapor instantly (even if I start lower)
Oh very interesting. At 360 I felt I was getting the end of the flavor hits even though it was my first hit. Didn’t know we could start that low while still getting a good extraction. How long do you wait after the temp reached vibration to start hitting it? I’m assuming at that low a temp and factoring in the capsule, I’d have to wait a few seconds for the heat to really soak in

D4Dank,
Reactions: C No Ego

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh very interesting. At 360 I felt I was getting the end of the flavor hits even though it was my first hit. Didn’t know we could start that low while still getting a good extraction. How long do you wait after the temp reached vibration to start hitting it? I’m assuming at that low a temp and factoring in the capsule, I’d have to wait a few seconds for the heat to really soak in

I don't really pay attention, just slow sip, shorter hits at first so you don't steal the heat too much I guess. Eventually it starts kicking out more visible vapor, but you taste it from the get-go. Temp settings are still relative, but yeah I'm always disappointed if there is a vape that doesn't have a setting lower than 360 personally

D4Dank

Is there anything that can be done about the heat of the unit? By the time I finish one power cycle it’s pretty dam warm, I get scared like it might overheat. Is this normal? I’ve only been running it at 360

O
I don't really pay attention, just slow sip, shorter hits at first so you don't steal the heat too much I guess. Eventually it starts kicking out more visible vapor, but you taste it from the get-go. Temp settings are still relative, but yeah I'm always disappointed if there is a vape that doesn't have a setting lower than 360 personally
oh wow I think that’s the issue. I’m used to the dynavap where you have to really pull on it. Perhaps the trick is slow sip

Last edited by a moderator:
D4Dank,
Reactions: C No Ego

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there anything that can be done about the heat of the unit? By the time I finish one power cycle it’s pretty dam warm, I get scared like it might overheat. Is this normal? I’ve only been running it at 360

Just don't hold it near the oven, it shouldn't get unbearably warm, and I've never seen one overheat... Oh yeah dude this is nothing like a VapCap, you have to readjust completely

C No Ego

I give it about one minute after you reach desired start up temp ... maybe even a little longer if starting @ 320 F

O

oh wow I think that’s the issue. I’m used to the dynavap where you have to really pull on it. Perhaps the trick is slow sip

it's normal for the conductive [properties of the vape to exit out form the central heater and make the entire unit warm or even hot in some cases , like maxed out @ 430 and on a bubbler ETC.... ... the battery is insulated from that heat somewhat so no worries there like there would be with some cheap e-cig mod waiting to blow your face off @ any sec....

Edit - Fury vapes use Lipo batteries too ...

Last edited:

jlxturbo

Hi everyone, new around here. I've got a bit of a dilemma. I ordered the POTV One on 4/20 for $89.99, including the water bubbler attachment and $15 Gift Card for later use at POTV. Seemed like a great deal.

I then got to researching the other models and found the Healthy Rips Fury Edge model, which includes larger battery, USB-C, etc. Most importantly to me, it includes solid stainless steel/glass internals. I emailed them and because I had the model in my card at checkout, they are honoring the 4/20 discount price of $125 for the Fury, if I complete purchase in the next 24 hours.

I can't find a lot of info online, but the POTV One mentions an aluminum oven and isolated airpath. Can anyone tell me if the aluminum is reason for concern of the Fury Edge model? I'd rather save the money if no big deal, but health is my number one priority in vaping.

Thanks so much and happy (late) 4/20!

edit: clarified I'm speaking about the Fury Edge model, not the earlier Fury 1/2.

Last edited:

OF

Hi everyone, new around here. I've got a bit of a dilemma. I ordered the POTV One on 4/20 for $89.99, including the water bubbler attachment and $15 Gift Card for later use at POTV. Seemed like a great deal.

I then got to researching the other models and found the Healthy Rips Fury model, which includes larger battery, USB-C, etc. Most importantly to me, it includes solid stainless steel/glass internals. I emailed them and because I had the model in my card at checkout, they are honoring the 4/20 discount price of $125 for the Fury, if I complete purchase in the next 24 hours.

I can't find a lot of info online, but the POTV One mentions an aluminum oven and isolated airpath. Can anyone tell me if the aluminum is reason for concern of the Fury model? I'd rather save the money if no big deal, but health is my number one priority in vaping.

Thanks so much and happy (late) 4/20!

Careful here, the EDGE is the upgraded Fury 2 being sold by HR. Not the F2 which has a smaller battery and Aluminum in the bowl area. You get to decide if Aluminum is a problem, personally I don't see it as such but many do. I don't own a POTV One, but if you want bigger battery, a few more features, and SS and glass in the air path (even though there's still a Silicone rubber seal between bowl and stem, you'll need the HR EDGE, not F2.

HTH?

Welcome to FC, hope you get it resolved. Either model from HR is an excellent choice IMO.

OF

jlxturbo

Careful here, the EDGE is the upgraded Fury 2 being sold by HR. Not the F2 which has a smaller battery and Aluminum in the bowl area. You get to decide if Aluminum is a problem, personally I don't see it as such but many do. I don't own a POTV One, but if you want bigger battery, a few more features, and SS and glass in the air path (even though there's still a Silicone rubber seal between bowl and stem, you'll need the HR EDGE, not F2.

HTH?

Welcome to FC, hope you get it resolved. Either model from HR is an excellent choice IMO.

OF

Thank you! I clarified I'm comparing the POTV One vs. the Fury Edge model.

May I ask, why don't you see aluminum as an issue? I've read arguments on both sides, and research seems fairly split between inert and dangerous.

OF

Thank you! I clarified I'm comparing the POTV One vs. the Fury Edge model.

May I ask, why don't you see aluminum as an issue? I've read arguments on both sides, and research seems fairly split between inert and dangerous.

You're welcome.

Glad you corrected your post, at least part of it? It still says "they are honoring the 4/20 discount price of $125 for the Fury", shouldn't that say 'EDGE'? As long as you know what you're doing it should be OK.

I recognize material safety in formal terms. MSDS and all that good stuff that quantifies the threat in terms of how much for how long is problematic. Too much alcohol is fatal, but lots of folks enjoy beer? Some even like a nice Single Malt Scotch from time to time. There's one number for guys who work around a hazard 8 hours at a time, another for shorter periods and so on. Rated on what exposure sickens half the group. No such information exists for Aluminum exposure (not that it hasn't been tested a LOT). To me, that ends the concern. If there was such carefully tested data, that too would end the discussion the other way. And we'd fall back on 'ALARA' (As Low As Realistically Achievable) like we do for radiation and other established threats.

In practice Aluminum itself isn't really involved. Aluminum instantly oxidizes, to Al203 IIRC), a very hard layer a few molecules thick. Ironically a ceramic as I recall. Very hard, we make 'sandpaper' out of it, you can actually sharpen you knife on it, even though you can ironically carve the Aluminum with that same knife (once you cut through the protective layer). So that bowl really is lined with Aluminum Oxide, a bit like a perfect coat of paint?

As an observation, if the case that Aluminum was dangerous in vapes I'm sure the makers who use SS would make big deal of it, pointing the the documentation.......wouldn't you?

There are indeed two groups of folks on this issue, I'm just in the 'no big deal' group.

Your call, as ever. Enjoy your EDGE when it finally gets to you. BTW consider buying the dosing capsules for it, and maybe a bent stem? Many of us use that stem exclusively, very handy.

OF

GetLeft

Thanks, HR! Nice to know you're paying attention; you saved me having to go back and refresh my memory (I was thinking my HR F2 had a SS chamber). And thanks also for the great customer service. Excited for my Edge to arrive and finding out how it's going to fit in. I'm certain it will take some study.

Agent_Age

Yeah I done a bit of a number on myself yesterday as It was my last day off before my working week so I wanted to give it a proper go before packing it away for 7 days.

I was proper blasted, such a nice little vap

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! Just wanted to give a shout out to @OF for supporting @Vitolo's cause by generously donating six FURY 2 devices and dosing capsules to his cause. We were honored to match @OF's contribution with another six FURY 2 devices and dosing capsules for a total of 12! Thank you @OF and @Vitolo for all you do and helping others in need! Truly inspiring!

Be safe and healthy everyone in these challenging times.
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

Bazinga

I think the Edge is a great device with one exception. After using the Mighty and the Splinter I find the draw restriction of the Edge unacceptable. I use the device with a dosing capsule with the lid (of the dosing capsule) removed. Maybe there is another way, but I feel it's just the nature of the device.

OF

Hi All! Just wanted to give a shout out to @OF for supporting @Vitolo's cause by generously donating six FURY 2 devices and dosing capsules to his cause. We were honored to match @OF's contribution with another six FURY 2 devices and dosing capsules for a total of 12! Thank you @OF and @Vitolo for all you do and helping others in need! Truly inspiring!

Be safe and healthy everyone in these challenging times.
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

Did you catch that? Our good friends at HR matched F2 units donated to @Vitolo! Still from years back. Sincere support for sure. For those that don't know about Vitolo you can find out here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/paying-it-forward-a-new-direction.13802/

You might even consider donating one (hopefully to be matched) to the project. Vitolo will see that it, along with necessary instruction and support, will find it's way to someone truly in need of both. You too can enjoy the genuine good feeling of 'giving back'.

I think the Edge is a great device with one exception. After using the Mighty and the Splinter I find the draw restriction of the Edge unacceptable. I use the device with a dosing capsule with the lid (of the dosing capsule) removed. Maybe there is another way, but I feel it's just the nature of the device.

It's in the nature of all conduction vapes to limit airflow one way or another. Drawing in cold air robs heat from the load that would otherwise make vapor. And vapor can only be made so fast. That means hitting it harder gives larger less dense clouds. Extra air dilutes what comes out of the MP.

That said, if the goal is lowest restriction seems to me putting the capsule in is going the wrong way? Even if only using the bottom part (first I'd heard of this technique). Just looking at the number of holes (and more importantly their size) in the bottom of the oven and the bottom of the capsule shows adding the capsule will further block air flow?

In the end, of course, you should be able to use the vape you buy the way you want. Good show you've identified others you prefer. No single vape can be expected to suit all owners?

OF

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hmm. Any chance you are tamping too much? If so, try adding herb almost to top of capsule loosely - no tamping and see if it’s better.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is there any noticeable difference in draw resistance (Edge) between the standard mouthpiece and using glass mp in adapter? How about when using only F2 glass stem?
Geez, I've found myself asking a lot of questions about this vape. So far I think I would be pretty happy were I to have one, but of course I don't need one atm; there's the rub.

Bazinga

Oz - we are in agreement.
Jill - I do not tamp.

I was trying to keep the bowl pristine. Now I will try without the dosing capsule. I must say, using the dosing capsule in the Mighty has no, or negligible, effect on draw resistance.

BigJr48

@Bazinga if the chamber screen is removable, I would suggest to replacing it with a mesh screen helps with air flow.

BigJr48,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Did you catch that? Our good friends at HR matched F2 units donated to @Vitolo! Still from years back. Sincere support for sure. For those that don't know about Vitolo you can find out here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/paying-it-forward-a-new-direction.13802/

You might even consider donating one (hopefully to be matched) to the project. Vitolo will see that it, along with necessary instruction and support, will find it's way to someone truly in need of both. You too can enjoy the genuine good feeling of 'giving back'.

OF

Is this a second dozen or are they talking about the same dozen from a couple of years ago? Several of us donated back then. I'd donate again if this is happening again.

OF

Is this a second dozen or are they talking about the same dozen from a couple of years ago? Several of us donated back then. I'd donate again if this is happening again.

No, this just happened. HR is still matching contributions vape for vape. Actually I've done this several times since the initial batch of 12 'back then'. Each time, much to HR's credit, they matched my donation. They just did it again.

He should get this next bunch later this week. Remember, he's stated he considers this the best vape for the new users he works with. Consider what this means to them, facing the dire situation they are in.

So yes, you can order one for @Vitolo, identify it's for him (ship to him, no matter what the order form says) and they will match it. And Vitolo will have two more F2s in his care to dispense to those in serious need like he has so many before.

Bravo Vitolo!

OF

Dunwall

It's a shame HR forgot that 420 is a month long event this year, lol.
Went to checkout my cart with the new Edge and accessories, but the 420 promo deal was gone. sigh
Well, maybe next time.

Dunwall,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom