Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I too am interested in what spares, etc should be added to the cart while the shipping is free.

Yeah it's all been said, but I have to advocate for the fury2 bent glass stem and wpa for being able to load glass stem. I also really like the bent black glass mouthpiece for the Edge, that is what I use with my Edge capsules. I think a cooling mouthpiece could be a good choice as well though... So many options available!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah it's all been said, but I have to advocate for the fury2 bent glass stem and wpa for being able to load glass stem. I also really like the bent black glass mouthpiece for the Edge, that is what I use with my Edge capsules. I think a cooling mouthpiece could be a good choice as well though... So many options available!
This seems to confirm my perception of the Edge, that it must use the adapter to then use the Edge water piece, glass stem, etc.
So, am I correct, you only fill the chamber or capsules, unless you fill and use the F2 water piece or stem, which fit direct into Edge chamber as they do with F2?
Thanks.

Grandpus

It seems all these glass pieces many are talking about are because the vapor from the Edge needs additional cooling, either through a 3D stem, water pipe, bong, bubbler, etc. True?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
It seems all these glass pieces many are talking about are because the vapor from the Edge needs additional cooling, either through a 3D stem, water pipe, bong, bubbler, etc. True?

i think it’s definitely cooler/smoother/tastier vape through glass.

However, the heat isn’t harsh up to around 390F with the native mouthpiece. (My opinion - everyone judges “harsh” differently.)
If you aren’t overly sensitive to heat, the native mouthpiece does a good job on its own.

OF

thx, good answer

Yep, sure is. Once again, the Lady is wise. IMO it's obviously not necessary, many/most use the normal MP? However, cooler and smoother are almost always welcome. Lucky for our side it's an easy/cheap thing to test out the only place it maters.....to you personally. There's only one way to find out if it 'fits your pistol', right? Until you try it out, you won't really know you know.

Regards to all.

OF

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

More so about the pure flavor with glass and easy cleaning, also a smaller bowl, mouthpiece shape and angle, plus debatabley more convection... Bent stems are great for comfort and the bend breaks the vapor flow and stops any herb particles. Like any vapor, it can be hot and harsh depending on how you use it, best way to combat that is with smaller hits, and a glass of water in between of course. I wouldn't even say that hits at the upper temps are necessarily cooler (or smoother) through a bubbler compared to dry native use...

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
When I first got my Fury 2, I couldn't imagine using the native mouthpiece. Seemed too short and plasticy, though the innards are glass. Now when I'm out and about its the only mouthpiece I ever use. Compact, convenient, decent cooling, and not hard to clean. The last may be because I always use dosing caps.

OF

When I first got my Fury 2, I couldn't imagine using the native mouthpiece. Seemed too short and plasticy, though the innards are glass. Now when I'm out and about its the only mouthpiece I ever use. Compact, convenient, decent cooling, and not hard to clean. The last may be because I always use dosing caps.

Good points. I'd also add that the rubber cover is handy with it sometimes, not possible with other MPs. It not only protects the screen and controls smell but keeps pocket lint (and spiders and such) from getting in when not in use.

I think many, of not most, owners come back to it. Although the curious should consider alternatives and make the call personally. It's all compromises.......

Regards to all.

OF

OF

Is there a consensus for the temp sweet spot (not using a water tool)?

Of course there's no consensus, just groups of strongly held opinions, one of which you're likely to fall into when you've tried at least some of them personally?

For my money I like a single setting of 390F. Some like to milk flavor at lower levels, some chase immediate gratification full blast after the biggest possible cloud. Some are fond of 'temperature stepping', I'm too lazy. I dial up 390 on most vapes and sip away.

The next fellow along is sure to have a better idea based on his experience?

OF

olivianewtonjohn

Is there a consensus for the temp sweet spot (not using a water tool)?
I like to start at 375 if using the dry mouthpiece and then bump up as needed until I max out at 430.

3d stem is my go-to portable setup, I leave it inserted since its either in my pocket or in my car. I find it to be noticeably smoother than the stock setup, as @Jill NYC said its personal preference.

Mr. Me2

My Edge arrived!!!

It’s charging now and next is burn off / swabbing.

So naturally I have some questions:

1. Is the bent glass stem intended to be inserted in the accessories attachment?

2. If so, should it be snug in there? As snug as the glass stem that comes with the attachment?

3. My bent glass stem fits very loosely in the attachment. Seems like there will be a lot of air leakage. The bent stem will definitely fall out if the Edge is tipped. Is that normal?

4. Favorite storage case suggestions?

5. Anyone turn off between pulls?

That’s plenty for now. After I fire this puppy up, I’m sure I’ll have more.

Thanks in advance!!!

OF

My Edge arrived!!!

It’s charging now and next is burn off / swabbing.

So naturally I have some questions:

1. Is the bent glass stem intended to be inserted in the accessories attachment?

2. If so, should it be snug in there? As snug as the glass stem that comes with the attachment?

3. My bent glass stem fits very loosely in the attachment. Seems like there will be a lot of air leakage. The bent stem will definitely fall out if the Edge is tipped. Is that normal?

4. Favorite storage case suggestions?

5. Anyone turn off between pulls?

That’s plenty for now. After I fire this puppy up, I’m sure I’ll have more.

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes, it uses the accessory adapter. While mine is snug, I'm not sure what normal is. If you're unhappy contact HR, they're sure to 'make it right'. Understand, sometimes makers don't think stem fit is an issue, try to get your Solo replaced for this reason. It's not a handle, it may come with no guarantee it won't fall out?

It seals very well, 3 o-rings! Very light pressure needed in such systems. You can easily test yours by plugging up the vent in the bottom with your fingertip or a bit of tape. The airpath is quite tight in this guy, basically all the airflow is blocked off? Compare it to your other stems.

Nobody I've heard of shuts off between hits. It takes too long to cool off enough to stop making vapor and then too long to heat up for a normal next hit. Nor is there any reason to, really. The THC isn't 'lost' buy reasonable idle time at temperature. In the early days of Purple Days (a stem vape) several of us did an informal experiment where we loaded a stem, put it in to heat, then forgot it until the next day. Yes, overnight. It tastes 'stale' the next day, but is still potent.

Time, I think, to kick back and enjoy your new vape. See what it has to offer?

Regards to all.

OF

Mr. Me2

Thanks for the info, @OF! Your description helped me find my problem - I wasn’t seating the bent stem in the o ring. When I figured that out (thanks to you) I got a snug fit. I mistakenly thought the stem would seal by friction with the accessories attachment.

Another question - does the Edge have haptic feedback? If so, how/when does that work? I’m doing a burn off now and there seemed to be one during heat up. Definitely one at the time out of the burn off.

And another - can the o ring be soaked in iso?

And sorry for the double post. I screwed up in the above one...

OF

Another question - does the Edge have haptic feedback? If so, how/when does that work? I’m doing a burn off now and there seemed to be one during heat up. Definitely one at the time out of the burn off.

And sort for the double post. I screwed up in the above one...

Glad you got it sorted out. Time to enjoy?

Yes, it should buzz 3 times. Startup, shutdown, and 'making temperature'. AFAIK it can't be turned off

FWIW the approved procedure for goofed up posts you can't fix is to report it and the Mods will take care of it. I took the liberty of reporting the post above, hopefully fixing it?

OF

Mr. Me2

Thanks @OF (again). The mods can just delete my copy of your post without comment. That will clean things up.

Close to time to enjoy. I want to give the glass stems a quick iso soak.

Can the other pieces be soaked in iso; o ring and/or mouthpieces?

I need to be extra careful because I’m immuno compromised and with all this covid stuff I’m a little nervous.

Thanks again!!!

D4Dank

Sorry to be another “just got my edge” post but wanted to ask about the wax pad thing.
How do you guys set this up?(can’t be used with a dosing capsule right?)
I’m worried the wax will drip through if I put it in the chamber. Or do you guys sandwich wax between weed?
Also what temps do you use for wax?

Top Bottom