Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

C No Ego

Candy mint? Breath mint? Two mints in one?
So much of this conduction/convection thing is in the name, or more specifically the marketing, and by that I mean that @OF's more strict interpretation - while quite technically correct - may not be allowing for what have now become, well, terms of art.

I like the heat sink reference as a way to distinguish.
Additionally, I point to the distinction between vapes that heat only the bowl/chamber wall itself (Pax), vapes that heat air just as it enters the chamber (Grasshopper, Milaana). or vapes that do a combination of the two (all S&B). Heat sinking enters the equation on each of these at some point.

If I can load a 'cold' hopper, click on and start drawing within 3 seconds, then receive substantial vapor within 5 more seconds, I'm thinking there hasn't been much time for heat sink. Candy mint!
Second hit, yes, and thicker clouds. Breath mint!

But this is Edge thread! I can see @OF's point about the heated air in Edge. Even though pre-heated, sounds like it's only aiding the substantial conduction in Edge's chamber. Two mints in one?
yeah the fury vapes work best after they have reached an exacting heat point and maintain that for duration ... that explains how they are conduction vapes with minor convection properties. my glass Furry2 WPA gets quite hot at the base where it seats into the herb chamber providing some conduction to the over all experience

GoldenBud

Yeah the Fury II/EDGE is a 100% conduction device with some coil outside the chamber, but it's too small and too close to the chamber..

C No Ego

Yeah the Fury II/EDGE is a 100% conduction device with some coil outside the chamber, but it's too small and too close to the chamber..

the isolated air pathway the coil is located in is metal , the bowl the herb sits in is metal as well ... there is certainly lots of conduction going on especially as the vape sits in that heat for a period of time ... most portable vapes have to be conduction based as a pure convection model would require to much battery power to maintain that for long ...

GoldenBud

most portable vapes have to be conduction based as a pure convection model would require to much battery power to maintain that for long
I still hope to see HR make some 100% convection portable device with a single 18650 battery replaceable, but with their own good electronics,clean airpath and high quality coils. it should be longer device, but still can fit most pockets i guess..
with 1 battery maybe you will get 5 bowls per battery only, instead of 8 in the EDGE, but your herb won't be wasted while you put the device away...

Bazinga

Holy cow !!! Last night I took the Edge out of retirement. I tried it without the dosing capsule and the bent glass stem. I used the original mouthpiece (that came with the unit). The results were close to spectacular. Draw resistance is now tolerable. Vapor never really gets hot (at least not at the temperature that I vape at). I will just have to learn to accept the the bowl is going to get dirty. The Edge has earned a place in my rotation !!

OF

my glass Furry2 WPA gets quite hot at the base where it seats into the herb chamber providing some conduction to the over all experience

Excellent point. I think most 'guys' sell the ability for the heat to 'soak' through the glass. It takes time, of course, but the heat is being pressed in 'from all sides'. This is why you can 'overrun' the vape, have the temperature in the load drop too far and need a 'heat soak' to recover.

Overall I suspect most of the heat enters the load this way (through the glass walls) rather than the open bottom?

most portable vapes have to be conduction based as a pure convection model would require to much battery power to maintain that for long ...

Again, another great observation. Convection sure is a power hog, isn't it? Having to heat the air with a source much hotter means heat will be lost to the outside at a much higher rate. And most will continue to burn the battery full tilt between hits. Not a very efficient way to make vapor from that POV.

I still hope to see HR make some 100% convection portable device with a single 18650 battery replaceable, but with their own good electronics,clean airpath and high quality coils. it should be longer device, but still can fit most pockets i guess..
with 1 battery maybe you will get 5 bowls per battery only, instead of 8 in the EDGE, but your herb won't be wasted while you put the device away...

I hope they will try as well. They seem to have 'their ear to the ground' where it comes to what we want, and will eventually be looking for a ''next product"? The battery life goal might be a bit optimistic, but not by much? As to conduction 'wasting' THC, I don't think you have to worry too much. While the subtle 'taste' can take a beating, the THC evaporates then re condenses elsewhere and is neither lost to the outside or made into something less useful.

In the early days of 'Purple Days', a stem vape now sadly gone, herb was put in a metal tipped stem (typical load size .035 grams) and put in the unit for a minute or two to heat up. You'd then pull it and hit it, exhausting the load often in one hit. I pull mine out from time to time and still enjoy it that way. Many of us conducted a casual experiment where you load a stem and insert it then get distracted (or crash....) and forget it only to discover it the next morning. Plenty hot, and still able to deliver a useful hit! Not tasty, but potent none the less......after say 8 hours of 'cooking'?

Vapes are to use and enjoy. And this one (OK, two if you count F2) is one of the best for that?

Regards to all.

OF

olivianewtonjohn

I think @HealthyRips.com should get into the 510 market for a convection vape. Can maybe even get into the FW side of things (open source ecig software) or suggest settings for a current mod. I think that would really contrast well with the Fury EDGE. Honestly they have the travel portable (affordable, stealthy, and easy to use) figured out and can just make improvements as needed. The 510 market is the most exciting new vape segment that can give near desktop performance (convection - my splinter is like a more restrictive enano) and a very long battery life (I use 2x18650 batteries). With what they did in the fury edge segment, I would be first in line for a HR 510 vape.

BuzzDanklin

I finished up my Fury Edge review. Big fan of this guy for the price. I think it's my new go-to under $150

Healthy-Rips-Vaporizers-Fury-2-Fury-Edge-Fierce.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Continuing thread from FC:

I copied some info from over there to get things started:

per @HealthyRips.com
Hi All! We have officially launched our FURY EDGE! The box bundle is now available for purchase on our website: FURY EDGE

What’s in the box:
  • 1 FURY EDGE Device
  • 1 Protective 'Smell' Cover
  • 1 Mouthpiece with Glass Vapor Path
  • 1 Accessories Attachment for Glass
  • 1 Glass Mouthpiece for Accessories Attachment
  • 1 Wall Charger
  • 1 USB-C Charging Cord
  • 1 Stainless Steel Oil & Wax Pad
  • 1 Extra O-Ring & Screen Set
  • 1 Wax & Cleaning Tool
  • 1 Cleaning Brush
  • 1 Tweezers
  • 1 User Manual

Per @sixstringtoker
A Cotton Swab and some ISO is all that you really need to clean the chamber. I usually just brush out the chambers with a Storz & Bickel brush and ISO Swab them when they look like they need it.

Temperature is way too much of a personal thing that's highly dependent upon what flavor or effect you're chasing. For a regular session, I usually start at 375 F but start a long slow pull once it reaches ~ 335 F, so the first hit is full of terpy goodness as the temperature climbs up through the lower ranges. This gets the chamber good and spicy for the hit @ 375. I then typically bump it up by 10 F after every hit (which in a regular session is ~ 10 seconds).

As for heat soaking, if you hit it as it's heating up, you don't really need to worry about it. Else it really only needs like 10 seconds; it heats up quickly.

One trick that I often do with the PoV One and HR Fierce when I'm planning on doing a long hard pull is I bump the temperature by 10 degrees F right before I start my hit so that it's climbing as I start the hit. This dramatically reduces the temperature sag that I get with those two, which can be as much as 40 degrees with the Fierce thru the WPA. I haven't had a change to do testing with the Edge yet to see how it compares to those two in that regard.

Per me:
First charge it for at least 3 hours (to prime battery)
You should wipe out oven with ISO q-tip and give it a couple of burn offs. I like to put in some AVB, run oven at 430 and give a few good exhales through the holes at the bottom.
I also like to soak the mouthpiece and glass and screens in hot soapy water. Make sure to rinse well as soap tends to stick to silicone if you aren’t diligent.

The rest is easy - fill the oven - don’t over tamp (to keep air flowing) and hit away!
Keep your fingers clear of the airholes on the bottom.
Enjoy! Let us know how it goes.

Per @Plutonic
Turn it upside down to vape concentrates so you don't leak any into the heater. (The only way I vape dabs now is by putting it into some rayon, which holds onto it better than a mesh pad, but even so.)

I know there is a ton more info to move over here including wise info from @OF! , @LesPlenty , @bossman , @Vaporific , @monkeytime , @olivianewtonjohn and so many others. Please paste in any info you think would be helpful on our new home.

Shit Snacks

So we're not waiting for HealthyRips then? lol tried flagging them down on oldFC. Remember this one is actually called FuryEdge btw and it may be worth including the Fury2? PS the Edge is a great vape!

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks I think the Fury 2 should stand alone because it is a multi brand, unlike the Edge. (My opinion only)
But you are def right about the title. @pakalo can you change title to Healthy Rips Fury Edge.

Yeah I like making it one word like this too: "HealthyRips" "FuryEdge" personally

But actually I think only the OG Fury is the multibrand, Fenix, Quant, etc. I think the Fury2 is special, if not quite as special as the Edge... Three separate threads seems a little silly though? Hmm Fierce is definitely more different at least!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: OF!

Bazinga

My wife has tried the Mighty (she likes), Solo II (didn't like), Splinter (thought it was stupid looking thing and of course didn't like), TinyMight (didn't care for it at all) and the Fury Edge that she loves and is her daily driver. Interesting, her favorite is the least expensive one.

Zoltani

I've got an OG Solo, Grasshopper, Firewood 3, Edge and a dynavap. The latter two are the only that see use. The fury edge really shines with the WPA, but is also great for around town and on hikes with the 3D flow stem.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yeah, there is something so easy about the HR Edge.
It’s so simple to use.
No special technique needed, no specific grind needed, no specific amount needed. It heats up fast (enough), consistently works, is easy to maintain and can be used with lots of different set-ups.
The price and customer service make it one of the best buys out there. (No, I don’t work for them, I am just a big fan!)

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! Our apologies for not getting this thread transferred over to this new site - we have just been extremely busy and working very long days. We like the title of this thread as it is now: Healthy Rips FURY EDGE. Thank you all for your amazing input and help continuing this thread from the original FC - you guys/gals are all awesome! A special thank you to @Jill NYC for getting things started :).
We are here for you as always - and you can contact us anytime at: customerservice@healthyrips.com.

Have a great day!
Healthy Rips Team

hayduke

I'm using my new edge right now. After doing lots of research I decided on the edge over the sticky brick because my girlfriend just wants something that works everytime. I am still getting to know this vape as my only other experience is with a dynavap. I'm liking it so far.

GetLeft

This vape is the everyman/everywoman vape. State of the art in my mind. Does everything you want an herb vape to do: be fast, be effective (430 is a powerful number), be easy to use. Check, check, check. In addition, it's palm sized. And versatile with the various attachments. And inexpensive. And top notch customer service. I'm in love with mine. Use it with the water piece but dry. Dedicated HR follower from here on out. This has all been said. But just in case someone was undecided :tup:

EDIT: Yup. I was right JillNYC has said it :)

OF!

My wife has tried the Mighty (she likes), Solo II (didn't like), Splinter (thought it was stupid looking thing and of course didn't like), TinyMight (didn't care for it at all) and the Fury Edge that she loves and is her daily driver. Interesting, her favorite is the least expensive one.

Sounds to me like you picked a great one! 'Well done, you' as the Brits might say? I know several guys who would be interested in trading........

How does the old (sexist by today's standards) joke go? 'You certainly have a fine wife, how ever did you find her?" 'I'm not sure, I opened up my wallet and there she was.....'

In a rare serious moment, you point out a very good point, dollar for dollar Edge is fighting way above it's weight. Couple that to the outstanding Customer Support from HR and it becomes even better. 'No home is complete without one'.

Best wishes to all in these trying times.

OF

Bazinga

This vape is the everyman/everywoman vape. State of the art in my mind. Does everything you want an herb vape to do: be fast, be effective (430 is a powerful number), be easy to use. Check, check, check. In addition, it's palm sized. And versatile with the various attachments. And inexpensive. And top notch customer service. I'm in love with mine. Use it with the water piece but dry. Dedicated HR follower from here on out. This has all been said. But just in case someone was undecided :tup:

EDIT: Yup. I was right JillNYC has said it :)

I'm curious. I have no experience with a water piece. How does the water piece effect performance when using without water?

Sounds to me like you picked a great one! 'Well done, you' as the Brits might say? I know several guys who would be interested in trading........

How does the old (sexist by today's standards) joke go? 'You certainly have a fine wife, how ever did you find her?" 'I'm not sure, I opened up my wallet and there she was.....'

In a rare serious moment, you point out a very good point, dollar for dollar Edge is fighting way above it's weight. Couple that to the outstanding Customer Support from HR and it becomes even better. 'No home is complete without one'.

Best wishes to all in these trying times.

OF

She also drives a manual transmission convertible. Most of her contemporaries couldn't drive a stick shift if their lives depended on it. Now if I could only talk her in to trying a motorcycle .

GeekyGodiva

Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie
I got my Edge in the 420 sale and did a little bit of experimental play, but with Lockdown going I had been mainly using my DBV. Flash forward to this week and my cat knocked a cold metal laundry rack onto my hot unit busting the glass. So my Edge has been put to the test and I am definitely going back to the site for more canisters and was wondering if others find the bubbler attachment worthwhile? I would love to hear from someone who has it.

Top Bottom