Discontinued Haze Square

TimeBomb0

Sent in my device for the seal issue, they got it Wednesday, fixed it and updated me in less than two hours, and I got my device back that Saturday. Awesome! My unit had issues prior to sending it in with having to press the button three times twice before it actually turned on, but no longer has these issues after it being serviced. Have you guys been updating firmware on serviced units by any chance @Haze Vaporizers?

Vapor is better and more consistent now. Been having some issues combusting, with a reasonably fine grind and light tamping. Think I may be filling the pods too much - I overfill a little bit at first, then lightly tamp the pods bringing them to 95-100% filled. Will be trying to fill them less and see if that helps.

TimeBomb0,

Petunia Vanish

Sent in my device for the seal issue, they got it Wednesday, fixed it and updated me in less than two hours, and I got my device back that Saturday. Awesome! My unit had issues prior to sending it in with having to press the button three times twice before it actually turned on, but no longer has these issues after it being serviced. Have you guys been updating firmware on serviced units by any chance @Haze Vaporizers?

Vapor is better and more consistent now. Been having some issues combusting, with a reasonably fine grind and light tamping. Think I may be filling the pods too much - I overfill a little bit at first, then lightly tamp the pods bringing them to 95-100% filled. Will be trying to fill them less and see if that helps.
What temp are you vaping at?

Petunia Vanish,

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Just wanted to share some thoughts on the Square after owning it about a month. I find I'm falling into a pattern of vaping a pod a day while I'm out at work, and just rotating each day till I'm out. So that means I'm only having to fill it every couple days.

I usually charge everyday just to keep it topped off. I was getting through all four pods no problem when I ran small loads, but now that I'm filling the pods all the way I seem to get about two. Some of that has to do with how efficiently I use it, though.

I'm finding that I basically get one decent hit and 1-2 wispy hits before and after the good one before I need to step up the temp. I've been wasting a lot of juice from the battery trying to squeeze vapor out of the material past those 1-2 good hits. Heat settings could also a factor...I think I lowered mine to 330 and went up by increments of 15, except tor the highest temp which I set to 420 :spliff:

Maybe I could go lower?

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Square...vapor is great, it's convenient to use, semi-low maintenance, and highly portable. @Haze Vaporizers has also been awesome in handling all the 1st run production issues :tup:

Pablopicasso

Hi
I want to share my opinion about my experience with haze technology.
In my opinion they didn't be very transparent with me.
I don't want to bull them or anything like that,Im sure they going to answer and tell their part of it.
to make it short bought at 26.4.18 from vaposhop ue and it was defective,haze contacted me after few minutes and asked me to send it over sea and I answered that I didn't like the option because worried about Spanish custom.
They told me to don't worry and send it we are going to pay the ship back some accessories and of course fix it ,I don't have any experience with that so I asked how,they said priority and so I did.
I send it 2 weeks ago with dhl priority at 63€ and have to lie about battery and cost of it to avoid custom.
In 5 days was there and after one week they said it was ready (11-5-18)but they weren't sure it could be possible pay all that amount(63€)back.
To be fare i lost few days before to send the receipt to prove my expensive.
I admit I started to be upset and start to be rude with them,not with bad words but with my attitude but in other hand they look very slow to replay now,and not be transparent(not saying clearly) and not keeping their word.
Basically I had to stalk them in order to be aswered and be clear
Right now they said the refund is done but I didn't receive it ,they send me a screen witch prove the send me 49€ refund and I send them my PayPal screen witch prove I don't recive anything 18-5-18
Right now I bought a vaporizer which it was defective,received amazing customer service until I send the square over,after things get slow and not more sure like it was before olso spent about 262€ for a voporizer that I can't use(it is in Spanish boarder now)not getting my full refund back and lots lot of time to fight for.
I apologized with them to be rude and stated that my behavior wast respectful and not justified just for not be happy.(they make their point)
This doesn't mean that Im happy,because for me it hasn't be a good experience from the 26.4.18 and keep waiting for a partial refund because they decided it was to much but when I asked them it was like:don't worry send it priority and we will fix it.
I did a mistake,in my opinion it was better option for a refund with vaposhop but I been to naive to trust completely what they said.

Last edited:
Pablopicasso,
Reactions: Baron23

Baron23

I haven't noticed the coil staying on if I keep the button pressed to sustain the heat (in the dark).

I believe that Haze addressed this and that it goes like this....when you first press the button the coil will glow as its pedal to the metal for the heater until it reaches your set temp (from where ever they are measuring temp) and then transitions to maintaining that heat which will not cause the coils to glow.

But this rather implies that you need to keep the button pressed when drawing.

Just still not clear to me but as said, I'm a wee bit dense today, apparently.

but what they put in box was only a Quick Start Guide.

And as far as I can tell, that's it on available manuals. There is a FAQ section on their site with some additional info but.....

Petunia Vanish

Just wanted to share some thoughts on the Square after owning it about a month. I find I'm falling into a pattern of vaping a pod a day while I'm out at work, and just rotating each day till I'm out. So that means I'm only having to fill it every couple days.

I usually charge everyday just to keep it topped off. I was getting through all four pods no problem when I ran small loads, but now that I'm filling the pods all the way I seem to get about two. Some of that has to do with how efficiently I use it, though.

I'm finding that I basically get one decent hit and 1-2 wispy hits before and after the good one before I need to step up the temp. I've been wasting a lot of juice from the battery trying to squeeze vapor out of the material past those 1-2 good hits. Heat settings could also a factor...I think I lowered mine to 330 and went up by increments of 15, except tor the highest temp which I set to 420 :spliff:

Maybe I could go lower?

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Square...vapor is great, it's convenient to use, semi-low maintenance, and highly portable. @Haze Vaporizers has also been awesome in handling all the 1st run production issues :tup:

What 1st run production issues Did your unit have?

Petunia Vanish,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Haze clearly said (and I quoted them) that you hold down the button while you draw.

Not sure why anyone is still questioning this.

If you take your finger off the button after it reaches temp, it cools very very quickly and it stops vaping. If you continue to hold the button, no it doesn't continue to "glow", but it does heat the coil as needed. You don't need the technical schematics to know this - you can easily test this yourself.

So please, stop confusing users. It's how the unit operates, period.

Djsleepy

Haze clearly said (and I quoted them) that you hold down the button while you draw.

Not sure why anyone is still questioning this.

If you take your finger off the button after it reaches temp, it cools very very quickly and it stops vaping. If you continue to hold the button, no it doesn't continue to "glow", but it does heat the coil as needed. You don't need the technical schematics to know this - you can easily test this yourself.

So please, stop confusing users. It's how the unit operates, period.
Actually on FAQ's on HAZE website..... it says to press and hold button until turns green... you can continue to hold button for bigger clouds but run risk of combustion. Noone is confusing users besides the people who tell them to use it differently then was meant to be used.

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

junny89

Microdosing refers to using very minimal herb in the pod. The pods are rather big to use for microdosing and is why Haze is coming out with smaller pods or inserts for the pods so those who like to pack almost crumbs in their haze can.

What benefits would there be to micro dosing? why not just fill the pods up?

junny89,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Actually on FAQ's on HAZE website..... it says to press and hold button until turns green... you can continue to hold button for bigger clouds but run risk of combustion. Noone is confusing users besides the people who tell them to use it differently then was meant to be used.

I think you are misunderstanding the wording here. It doesn't say to release the button and draw, it says that if you continue to hold it for a prolonged period, it might be too hot. Not the same thing.

Do you have a vid of you using it without button being held producing any vapor? What does your ABV look like?

And who are you talking to????

This question was raised earlier in this thread, and I posted what Haze said just a few posts back. I have also tried using the Square without holding the button, and I get nada.

If, in point of fact, it is supposed to "vape without the button depressed", then I should send mine back to Haze because it is severely malfunctioning.

On the other hand, using the "heat and hold" technique (which I honestly believe is the only way it works), I am loving this thing! Smooth cool tasty hits. Battery gets me thru a day without a recharge. Easy clean for a 4 bowl unit.

junny89

Heat n hold, but you can release early depending on how the vapor feels. If it's hot/ near combustion, obviously stop the heat

Only the first to presses, last the full duration for me. After this the unit is fully up to temp and I can't handle anything more than 3-5seconds. I just start coughing lol it clearly does work :)

The manual can be read both ways. But if you think once it goes green to let go; I do not get anything at all.
What the manual is trying to say is that if you are on the highest temp, keep hold of the button for too long you can combust- this happened to me as I accidentally put it really high and the pod was too full/packed. That's what I think anyway.

Stdudez

What benefits would there be to micro dosing? why not just fill the pods up?

The benefit would be for someone who doesn't want to vape a full .2-.25g bowl at once and wants to maximize the "green hits" (most flavorful/potent initial hits)

Me personally I'd rather toast 4 half bowls all day than 2 full ones. Ya dig??:rofl:

Stdudez,

junny89

The benefit would be for someone who doesn't want to vape a full .2-.25g bowl at once and wants to maximize the "green hits" (most flavorful/potent initial hits)

Me personally I'd rather toast 4 half bowls all day than 2 full ones. Ya dig??:rofl:

I see what you mean.
If it's a full pod only first few hits are tasty after that it's all almost burnt taste. I get that on my full pods anyway. Saves some bud I guess aswell!
I'll give it a go!

junny89,
Reactions: Stdudez

ginolicious

I microdose with sativa hybrids. Keeps me awake and not too high throughout the day. Keeps anxiety low too.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Kali880

junny89

I microdose with sativa hybrids. Keeps me awake and not too high throughout the day. Keeps anxiety low too.

Only problem is I'm from the UK and here we do not have the facilities USA have so I can't just go out and buy some of og kush etc. It's what ever I can get hold of whether it be sativa strain, hybrid or indica.

junny89,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom