Discontinued Haze Square

Squatch

Exister
I'm also hitting the extra three presses to on bug. No big deal.

I've been using the Santa Cruz Shredder and found its normal grind is more coarse than ideal for this vape. Packing it semi loosely and tamping it down a little bit led to some good hits but many poor hits, low vapor etc. Packing it tightly led to even worse vapor and higher chance to combust. Packing too much increased the chance to combust, no matter the temperature.

I've used the tip some people talked about in here earlier, and flipped the grinder upside down for a bit to grind it more finely. Packing the finer material near to the top with a light tamping leads to better, more consistent hits than the coarser grind. Haven't tried packing the finer grind tighter yet, will try that.

Tried holding button down entire time while hitting, gets too hot, seems unnecessary. Tried what someone else recommended, holding it down for 2 seconds then stopping. Seemed to lead to less than ideal hits for me. I've been finding that holding it down while its green for 3-5 seconds, stopping if it gets too hot, is the sweet spot for me.

Random question, is there a preferred way I should be holding this vape when taking a hit? Button on top, button on bottom, doesn't matter...?

Oh, and how exactly can I tell if my vape has seal issues? Anything to notice visually? Anything to notice with vapor production?
If you take the top off the unit, on the side that has the coil there’s a small round seal...if that is FLUSH to the surface you have the seal issue. It’s supposed to be raised up just a bit to complete the seal on the other half when it’s together. If u think about it it makes sense I guess :)

StonerSloth

cui bono?
11v converted down to 5v for use/charging? 900mah would be slighlty bigger than a grasshopper (750mah). That all seems odd or mislabeled.

Edit: @Haze Vaporizers can you clarify why it's labeled this way?

11.1V @ 900 mAh is about 10 Wh. This is the equivalent of just about 2700 mAh if you use conventional 3.7V li-ion battery capacity ratings.

Edit to add that the USB C Power Delivery standard supports a nominal voltage of up to 20V.

Last edited:

jfkdidit

Coincidentally, I'm in the market for a new grinder. I'm down to either getting a Space Case or Santa Cruz Shredder. Can anyone else chime in on either of these grinders in conjunction with this vape?

jfkdidit,

Flame Gucci

Coincidentally, I'm in the market for a new grinder. I'm down to either getting a Space Case or Santa Cruz Shredder. Can anyone else chime in on either of these grinders in conjunction with this vape?
Since I purchased the LYFT Innovations grinder. It’s the only grinder I would ever recommend or purchase. You won’t regret it!

Flame Gucci,

Volteric

I don't know guys, but I think starting your draw before the vibration seems to create better airflow and coolness. Seems like when I don't do that I get a harsher, much more heated hit and sometimes the smallest of char. Like a few particles but enough to tase. It isn't full blow combustion but for being on the lowest setting doesn't appear correct.

Volteric,
Reactions: Jambi619

mephisto

@Volteric when you initiate the first press of the button and wait for green/vibrate, do you notice if your coil is glowing hot and does not lose intensity when the ready/green light indicates. I have to "preheat" with 1 button press to green and then let off, and refire. If not, instant combustion every time. Almost as though the vape is re-calibrating the heat application with each new session.

mephisto,
Reactions: Volteric

Petunia Vanish

@Volteric when you initiate the first press of the button and wait for green/vibrate, do you notice if your coil is glowing hot and does not lose intensity when the ready/green light indicates. I have to "preheat" with 1 button press to green and then let off, and refire. If not, instant combustion every time. Almost as though the vape is re-calibrating the heat application with each new session.
Interesting.I'll have to "prime" it before using

Petunia Vanish,

retteric

Hi all,

I preordered in the "second wave" and I was hoping to see more formal reviews. However, a lot of what I've been reading on here seems that this thing is pretty finicky, a lot of units were faulty. It's not instilling the greatest sense of confidence in me, so I'm considering canceling.

From those who have one now, to someone who is buying their first vape: would you return this thing and get something like a Mighty/Crafty/something else? Or does it seem promising? I'm also worried about longevity and this thing lasting a while.

retteric,

TimeBomb0

Update: Haze Vaporizers contacted me and claimed I may have a seal issue. (Less than 5 minutes after I made this post, so fast.) If your seal looks like mine, you may have the seal issue.
Mine seems to hit somewhat decently but still has this issue, so check yours!

Seal feels & looks pretty flush to the surface, but I'm not sure what the difference between a slightly raised seal and flush seal are. Any ideas if the seal here has the issue or not?

01zU0iO.jpg

More pictures:
https://i.imgur.com/yNBMDxm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bNrgkGC.jpg

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Hi all,

I preordered in the "second wave" and I was hoping to see more formal reviews. However, a lot of what I've been reading on here seems that this thing is pretty finicky, a lot of units were faulty. It's not instilling the greatest sense of confidence in me, so I'm considering canceling.

From those who have one now, to someone who is buying their first vape: would you return this thing and get something like a Mighty/Crafty/something else? Or does it seem promising? I'm also worried about longevity and this thing lasting a while.
If you don't already own a vape don't get this. You'd need a reliable backup (consistent first vape) to have before investing in new technologies. Just my opinion.

Mighty/Crafty just aren't comparable in my opinion if your wants led you to this vape. Maybe talk to some vapers in the Ask FC section and figure out what you want for your first vape. I normally suggest people consider new vapes rather than older ones if they want that future proofing but if you don't have one I suggest a butane vape like the Vapcap or something that is tried and true such as Fury/Arizer/Mighty.

Squatch

Exister
Seal feels & looks pretty flush to the surface, but I'm not sure what the difference between a slightly raised seal and flush seal are. Any ideas if the seal here has the issue or not?:
yNBMDxm.jpg
That to me looks flush. It should sit slightly higher so when the 2 halves are joined that slight rise in the seal touches the other half creating the air path seal. The 2 halves are not completely touching each other when it’s together...so without that slight lift in the seal you’re just sucking in air from everywhere. This looks like mine did...flush. I sent it in and they fixed it quickly, now it works exactly as I had hoped...the difference is like night and day.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Hi all,

I preordered in the "second wave" and I was hoping to see more formal reviews. However, a lot of what I've been reading on here seems that this thing is pretty finicky, a lot of units were faulty. It's not instilling the greatest sense of confidence in me, so I'm considering canceling
I had vapor issues, still have some other minor issues but I'm confident that @Haze Vaporizers will have it sorted out soon enough. Their customer service is on point. The Square is a fkn beast of a vape in a nice travel-size package. Having 4 pods is awesome, it's super easy to use, on-demand heat conserves your herbs....I regret nothing.

I'm also worried about longevity and this thing lasting a while.
It has a 10 year warranty...and I'm sure they'll have a V2 before then.

Update: Haze Vaporizers contacted me and claimed I may have a seal issue. (Less than 5 minutes after I made this post, so fast.) If your seal looks like mine, you may have the seal issue.

Seal feels & looks pretty flush to the surface, but I'm not sure what the difference between a slightly raised seal and flush seal are. Any ideas if the seal here has the issue or not?:
yNBMDxm.jpg
Can you take another shot of it eye-level instead of looking down?

ratsnest37

Hi all,

If you want one of the best get the Haze Dual v3, it's tried and true, you will not be disappointed. Shortly ....very shortly the Square will also be tried and true. I have them both and no others .... been through a bunch IMHO these are the best.

Squatch

Exister
Mine seems to hit somewhat decently but still has this issue, so check yours!

Seal feels & looks pretty flush to the surface, but I'm not sure what the difference between a slightly raised seal and flush seal are. Any ideas if the seal here has the issue or not?

01zU0iO.jpg

More pictures:
https://i.imgur.com/yNBMDxm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bNrgkGC.jpg
Yeah that’s definitely flush...

Squatch,

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
11.1V @ 900 mAh is about 10 Wh. This is the equivalent of just about 2700 mAh if you use conventional 3.7V li-ion battery capacity ratings.

Edit to add that the USB C Power Delivery standard supports a nominal voltage of up to 20V.

Thank you for clarifying. I'm used to arduino and synth circuits, and am still learning about this end of the electric spectrum.

Also wow usbC at 20v?! I thought it was 12v. Interesting.

Appreciate the info.

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Sure, updated my original post with an eye-level shot from the side of the flushed seal. Added a top-down view too.
I haven't rcvd mine back yet from Haze, but my seal was all crooked out-of-box. One wonders how well this seal will hold up over continued rotation switching from bowl to bowl. Personally, I plan on disengaging it from its other half when I need to rotate to avoid wear. Having a dynamic airpath is certainly part and parcel of its design, but wonder if a more active method (manually ejecting protruding nipple anyone :brow: ) of closing the airpath will help with consistency. IMO any amount of unwanted air into the path caused by the seal changing shape will result in each unit (each rotation?) behaving differently.

H43OQTJ.jpg

Last edited:

Squatch

Exister
I haven't rcvd mine back yet from Haze, but my seal was all crooked out-of-box. One wonders how well this seal will hold up over continued rotation switching from bowl to bowl. Personally, I plan on disengaging it from its other half when I need to rotate to avoid wear. Having a dynamic airpath is certainly part and parcel of its design, but wonder if a more active method (manually ejecting protruding nipple anyone :brow: ) of closing the airpath will help with consistency. IMO any amount of unwanted air into the path caused by the seal changing shape will result in each unit (each rotation?) behaving differently.

H43OQTJ.jpg
It comes with a ten year warranty, I’m pretty sure Haze made sure it would hold up prior to manufacturing it. But if it does end up being an issue just send it back. The whole bonus is being able to twist it from bowl to bowl on the fly, detaching it every time your done means 2 halves floating around and no more convenience. I’d just use it as it’s meant to be used, something happens Haze is on the ball. :rockon:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker

H43OQTJ.jpg
I agree it will eventually wear out.

I suggested to @Haze Vaporizers that they make this piece available for user replacement.

RogueGuy,

MonkeyTime

Personally, I plan on disengaging it from its other half when I need to rotate to avoid wear.

For that to work, you'll need to take the halves apart and manually turn the key 90° on the bowl side. Without doing that you can spin it 180°, but then it's a convection dual.

I'm not seeing this as much of an advantage, it's too close to the heater and bowls and will get at least warm.

The answers above make more sense to me, it's got a ten year warranty, use it!

@Haze Vaporizers , does the seal fix infinit involve replacing that seal, or just reseating it properly? Mine not only sits flush, but the ceramic sits above it and crooked.

ook4kQ5.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom