Discontinued Haze Square

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
I have the exact same issue with the turning on of the device—3 clicks on, blue but then unresponsive and then it’s like I have click it a again to “wake” it. It doesn’t seem right but isn’t the end of the world. I’m gyessing a firmware update with fix this.
I'm having false starts as well, along with charging issues. Not sure if they'r related?

Jambi619,
Reactions: Volteric

Volteric

Any chance you know where I can find the Window PC app? I've searched the forums, their site, and Google and cannot find it.

Volteric,
Reactions: Shrike

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I'm having false starts as well, along with charging issues. Not sure if they'r related?
I have the same false start button. Mine is going in on Monday. We will see if they address it.

As far as people who think maybe they have inconsistent heating issues, mine worked but seemed sometimes too hot or cold. I thought about sending it in but was unsure. Then I combusted and it stopped heating. If you have any doubt, send it in. Just my opinion.

Volteric

Me thinks the quicker we understand we are beta testers/early adopters of our own accord the less frustration. I wish it wasn't this way but I've decided I not going to let this stand in the way of experiencing new and exploratory technology and participating in helping shape its destiny. @Haze Vaporizers has demonstrated they are in this balls deep. I wasn't even a Haze fan and never felt compelled to by the Dual. Now I'm a fan. I like what I'm experiencing with the Square. I think it is a little too hefty, it came with scuffs, it feels like a prototype to some extent, but it nails what it is/this will be and since I am promised a free upgrade for next iteration I feel like I'm an honored part of the R & D of the company. I get to shape the next/my dream device!

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Never stirred.

Although the bowl getting tossed and turned or shaken might happen.

Correction, I don't stir with this vape but I may just give it a shake. I don't think it's necessary to open up and stir.

Today for some reason the Square was running very warm externally. It wasn't crazy hot but the temperature I clocked it at was 124F. I know none of my friends would have tried and held it, they'll touch a log vape and claim its too hot.

I am feeling it is already degrading externally with whatever coating it has. It is still operating fine, pretty easy vapor now maybe if there was more heater control for water pipe usage. Or maybe some kind of restricted water pipe adapter.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is everyone needing to stir guys? IMO kills the function of having 4 bowls...

No need to stir

I have the exact same issue with the turning on of the device—3 clicks on, blue but then unresponsive and then it’s like I have click it a again to “wake” it. It doesn’t seem right but isn’t the end of the world. I’m gyessing a firmware update with fix this.

Mine did this before I sent it in and still does, not a big deal at all, but yeah it'll be fixed ofcourse.

I'm still only using the one pod, but have tried different strains with my temps now set to 320 340 360 380 400. It was nice with my friend and we got lifted with good vapor, but I don't think I get as many hits as I expect (based on load and temps, we just ended up extracting one bowl in another vape even) and battery life still subpar. I actually still got some blank hits as well, but there is so much more testing to do...

Takes a good while to get used to something new for sure, need to get last ocd about emptying spent bowls and keeping it up right, at least to try it properly as a portable. I'll get there

subway13029

Although the bowl getting tossed and turned or shaken might happen.

Correction, I don't stir with this vape but I may just give it a shake. I don't think it's necessary to open up and stir.

Today for some reason the Square was running very warm externally. It wasn't crazy hot but the temperature I clocked it at was 124F. I know none of my friends would have tried and held it, they'll touch a log vape and claim its too hot.

I am feeling it is already degrading externally with whatever coating it has. It is still operating fine, pretty easy vapor now maybe if there was more heater control for water pipe usage. Or maybe some kind of restricted water pipe adapter.
Is it getting hot while using with water? Just curious what you meant by a restricted wpa?

subway13029,

django7

Interesting how many say they don't need to stir.

I definitely do need to stir, otherwise vapor stops after a couple draws.

Also, some say pack tight, and even Haze Vaporizers told me that, but when I pack tight I get zero vapor.

django7,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Is it getting hot while using with water? Just curious what you meant by a restricted wpa?
That was native. Water pipe usage is lackluster for me unless I pulse the heater, airflow is super high by default and there is no water pipe adapter... I was just adding words at that point but would like to see improved water pipe oriented update or accessories.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Summer

ginolicious

Me thinks the quicker we understand we are beta testers/early adopters of our own accord the less frustration. I wish it wasn't this way but I've decided I not going to let this stand in the way of experiencing new and exploratory technology and participating in helping shape its destiny. @Haze Vaporizers has demonstrated they are in this balls deep. I wasn't even a Haze fan and never felt compelled to by the Dual. Now I'm a fan. I like what I'm experiencing with the Square. I think it is a little too hefty, it came with scuffs, it feels like a prototype to some extent, but it nails what it is/this will be and since I am promised a free upgrade for next iteration I feel like I'm an honored part of the R & D of the company. I get to shape the next/my dream device!

Great outlook bro. It’s so true. I’m on the second batch of order. Wonder if I will get the new firmware. No seal issue I hope. Regeedless, we get a free upgrade. I’m down to be a “beta tester” but have to pay. And then get the upgrade. Help them in evolving their product. I got in jn the Dual V3 way after. But then never let me down on it.

Hope it made sense. Vaping alien OG in the Dual V3

Last edited:

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Shit....I just tried resetting mine to the factory defaults with the app and it put everything in reverse order. Easy enough to correct manually, but a PITA!!! Also, is it supposed to save our settings in the "Preset History" box? That's completely blank

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Does anyone know if the pre-order upgrade perk is transferable? If I sell my Square to a friend, will he/she be able to upgrade to a new version in the future, or will I need to process the upgrade/swap for them? TIA.

StonerSloth,
Reactions: KLo

django7

Shit....I just tried resetting mine to the factory defaults with the app and it put everything in reverse order. Easy enough to correct manually, but a PITA!!! Also, is it supposed to save our settings in the "Preset History" box? That's completely blank

Yes, I also reported this to Haze Vaporizers. It puts the temps in backwards. Of course, they still work just fine, it's just odd to press the minus button to raise the temp :)

I haven't had any problems with blank names, but I've only saved one set.

If I don't pack tight I get very thin vapor
I guess it comes down to a difference in material or something? I'm using nice fresh herb, medium ground in a metal grinder. Packing it down tight produces no vapor for me, whereas loosely filled works pretty well.

Then again, I'm also having to use higher temps than others have posted here. I get nothing at all below 400F, and that seems odd to me.

I actually tried just tearing up the flower buds with my fingers, and stuffing the nuggets into the bowl. I guess this would be considered a very coarse grind :)

But wow, did it ever work! Lots of vapor. Had to stir after a while, though, because the edges were still green (but that happens for me with the ground herb as well -- it needs to be stirred to get full extraction).

I dunno. I'm still experimenting with the device. It's interesting to hear how others are doing things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flame Gucci

I guess it comes down to a difference in material or something? I'm using nice fresh herb, medium ground in a metal grinder. Packing it down tight produces no vapor for me, whereas loosely filled works pretty well.

Then again, I'm also having to use higher temps than others have posted here. I get nothing at all below 400F, and that seems odd to me.

I actually tried just tearing up the flower buds with my fingers, and stuffing the nuggets into the bowl. I guess this would be considered a very coarse grind :)

But wow, did it ever work! Lots of vapor. Had to stir after a while, though, because the edges were still green (but that happens for me with the ground herb as well -- it needs to be stirred to get full extraction).

I dunno. I'm still experimenting with the device. It's interesting to hear how others are doing things.
Since I switched from medium grind to fine grind I’ve been getting pretty good results and packing tight makes the bowls last forever. Using the Lyft Innovations grinder with the fine plate.

Petunia Vanish

I have a Santa Cruz grinder I do not believe it is grinding fine or coarse enough would anyone recommend anything besides a Space Case

Petunia Vanish,
Top Bottom