Discontinued Haze Square

jfkdidit

That’s amazing. Too bad I’m in Canada. Does that mean I can get reduced shipping rate instead of the $36? Lol

This thing is worth all those 36 dollars. Please pre-order. You will thank me later, without a doubt.

Honestly, at this point, I don't understand why this vape isn't priced higher. $199 and $229 seem like good price points to me.

jfkdidit,

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Did some field testing after work yesterday, the Square works well on a hike. I really liked not having to fight the wind trying to use a "windproof" torch and 4 pods are plenty for me.

20180504_171548_zpsq8cpao1p.jpg

Zeuss

Hello FC community! Long time follower, first time posting. Never written a review for anything so I hope it's okay. I thought I would write about my experiences with the haze square. How I received it and had to send it back, Haze's Customer service, and what I think about the unit after it has been fixed. *Spolier alert* It's Awesome!

First thing I noticed was the packaging is very nice, the box feels high quality to the touch. I took the square out and put it on the charger while I wiped down the rest of the unit with some alcohol. I loaded up the pods and waited for the unit to get done charging. It took a while for the charger to start working but it eventually did. I kept all the temps settings at factory default. I started at the lowest setting and got alot of great taste but no vapor. Bumped up to the next setting, same great taste no vapor. Bumped up to the next temp setting, a little bit of vapor this time but nothing that I was expecting, very whispy. So I bumped it all the way up, got more vapor this time but again whispy and nothing like I was expecting and felt like it slightly combusted. I checked the pod and it was done. I thought that was too quick to be done with one pod but I continued to the next pod. I checked the battery and it was already almost dead, so I put it on the charger. I continued with my next pod having the same experiences until the battery was dead again after a few hits. I tried to put it back on the charger and now it will not charge. I even tried the other non fast charging usb cable but nothing. This is where I decided to PM Haze here on the forum to see what to do next. Insanely quick response time! They advised me to send it in. I followed their instructions and sent the unit in. I overnighted it to them and they received it on Saturday. They fixed it and it was back in the mail by Tuesday and received at my house Thursday.

I totally understand with these first few batches that some problems would come up and Haze did a fantastic job keeping me updated and made the entire return process a piece of cake. They also added a couple accessories for my troubles :)

So now I have the new unit. I place it on the fast wall charger and it instantly lights up to let me know it is charging and it finished charging in 30 minutes! I brought a friend over to test the new toy out too.
I load two pods this time. Started at the default setting of 350f. Excellent taste and even got some vapor, the second hit was even more vapor at the same temp! Bumped it to 360f, huge clouds!
But then we bumped it to 390f and had some combustion. I am sure its because we are still trying to figure the best way to use it, any tips?

My friend that doesn't usually use vapes said the square hits hard! Even at the lowest temp he was impressed on how he felt, the taste, and the clouds!

I can't wait to get the micro dosing pods!!!

I am still playing around with it and will update more as I figure it out. I would like to be in the 390f range without combustion.

In short, the Haze square, the customer service all amazing and worth the wait! Thanks again @Haze Vaporizers !

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
fwiw
But then we bumped it to 390f and had some combustion. I am sure its because we are still trying to figure the best way to use it, any tips?
...The few combustion incidents, we believe that it is combination of two things: 1) few of the units that were shipped, have slightly raised ovens which come too close to the pods. 2) The default temperature settings on the device is too hot for some folks liking.

The first is addressed for the upcoming batch the second is also addressed by the firmware. The PRO has the app so everybody can take the defaults higher or lower to their liking so we do not think that the second one is a real issue.

Petunia Vanish

Hello FC community! Long time follower, first time posting. Never written a review for anything so I hope it's okay. I thought I would write about my experiences with the haze square. How I received it and had to send it back, Haze's Customer service, and what I think about the unit after it has been fixed. *Spolier alert* It's Awesome!

First thing I noticed was the packaging is very nice, the box feels high quality to the touch. I took the square out and put it on the charger while I wiped down the rest of the unit with some alcohol. I loaded up the pods and waited for the unit to get done charging. It took a while for the charger to start working but it eventually did. I kept all the temps settings at factory default. I started at the lowest setting and got alot of great taste but no vapor. Bumped up to the next setting, same great taste no vapor. Bumped up to the next temp setting, a little bit of vapor this time but nothing that I was expecting, very whispy. So I bumped it all the way up, got more vapor this time but again whispy and nothing like I was expecting and felt like it slightly combusted. I checked the pod and it was done. I thought that was too quick to be done with one pod but I continued to the next pod. I checked the battery and it was already almost dead, so I put it on the charger. I continued with my next pod having the same experiences until the battery was dead again after a few hits. I tried to put it back on the charger and now it will not charge. I even tried the other non fast charging usb cable but nothing. This is where I decided to PM Haze here on the forum to see what to do next. Insanely quick response time! They advised me to send it in. I followed their instructions and sent the unit in. I overnighted it to them and they received it on Saturday. They fixed it and it was back in the mail by Tuesday and received at my house Thursday.

I totally understand with these first few batches that some problems would come up and Haze did a fantastic job keeping me updated and made the entire return process a piece of cake. They also added a couple accessories for my troubles :)

So now I have the new unit. I place it on the fast wall charger and it instantly lights up to let me know it is charging and it finished charging in 30 minutes! I brought a friend over to test the new toy out too.
I load two pods this time. Started at the default setting of 350f. Excellent taste and even got some vapor, the second hit was even more vapor at the same temp! Bumped it to 360f, huge clouds!

My friend that doesn't usually use vapes said the square hits hard! Even at the lowest temp he was impressed on how he felt, the taste, and the clouds!

I am still playing around with it and will update more as I figure it out. I would like to be in the 390f range without combustion.

In short, the Haze square, the customer service all amazing and worth the wait! Thanks again @Haze Vaporizers ![/

In short, the Haze square, the customer service all amazing and worth the wait! Thanks again @Haze Vaporizers !

Why did you send unit back?

They paid shipping and you got extra accessories?

Petunia Vanish,

ginolicious

I really don’t want to get any combustion. Hat taste is hard to get rid of. At least the whole unit can be wiped in iso except for the silicone lids. Which is nice. Get the air paths are nice and cleaned out.

ginolicious,

Petunia Vanish

I really don’t want to get any combustion. Hat taste is hard to get rid of. At least the whole unit can be wiped in iso except for the silicone lids. Which is nice. Get the air paths are nice and cleaned out.

That taste does ruin the vaporizer experience

Petunia Vanish,

Zeuss

I sent it back for the seal and the charger not charging. They did not pay for me to ship there and that is why they added some accessories.

Zeuss,

ginolicious

Also looking forward to haze releasing their video on fully cleaning this vaporizer. He deep clean. Airpaths and everything. I know they been busy with launch. But can’t wait for that.

ginolicious,

Andorinter

Also looking forward to haze releasing their video on fully cleaning this vaporizer. He deep clean. Airpaths and everything. I know they been busy with launch. But can’t wait for that.
To get combustion out of my square, I soaked everything metal in alcohol (disclaimer obviously not the half with the heating element and battery) and washed the silicone with soap and water. I also took a pipe cleaner (those rigid sticks) absorbed some Windex into the tip, and scrubbeb what I could of the airpath. Iso swab to get the windex smell out.

A few good hand scrubs with soap and water took care of the silicone.

Edit: you can't fit a qtip through the whole airpath, but it's easy to smell the spots where combustion is, and after soaking and swabbing, it is back to normal

Andorinter,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Curious whether @Haze Vaporizers checks the preset temps when they receive the units back?

Read a few accounts of how people used the app, set temps, then found that all the temps were different than set.

Maybe some units have incorrect factory settings. Either causing low vapor or combustion.

Mine worked fine, then I had a combustion event, and then it stopped heating correctly.

ginolicious

Curious whether @Haze Vaporizers checks the preset temps when they receive the units back?

Read a few accounts of how people used the app, set temps, then found that all the temps were different than set.

Maybe some units have incorrect factory settings. Either causing low vapor or combustion.

Mine worked fine, then I had a combustion event, and then it stopped heating correctly.

Yours going back to be fixed again? Or was that issue before you sent it in and now you working great?

ginolicious,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Yours going back to be fixed again? Or was that issue before you sent it in and now you working great?
Mine came on 24th. It had a loose latch screw which I tightened. It seemed to work well for a few days. Then the heating element started to be inconsistent, had a combustion event, then stopped heating.

I am awaiting instructions to return.

RogueGuy,

RobTheThrone

So much for a one day turn around. My square arrived at their warehouse on Wednesday this week and won't get shipped out till Monday despite being told it would be shipped out yesterday. Bought this as an interim vape to tide me over till the tubo Evic came in and potentially have it as my main portable, but by the time it gets here I'm literally days away from my new vape coming in. If you say you're going to do something you make sure to do it. Also I wasn't informed they were giving out free shipping so I spent $28 to have it next day shipped only to have it sit there for over half a week. Now I'm $28 extra out of pocket and won't have my vape any sooner than those who got free shipping.

Last edited:
RobTheThrone,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
So much for a one day turn around. My square arrived at their warehouse on Wednesday this week and won't get shipped out till Monday despite being told it would be shipped out yesterday. Bought this as an interim vape to tide me over till the tubo Evic came in and potentially have it as my main portable, but by the time it gets here I'm literally days away from my new vape coming in. Really dissapointed with the customer service involved. If you say you're going to do something you make sure to do it. Also I wasn't informed they were giving out free shipping so I spent $28 to have it next day shipped only to have it sit there for over half a week. Now I'm $28 extra out of pocket and won't have my vape any sooner than those who got free shipping. I should've just bought the fury 2 instead of trusting Haze to treat me as a valued customer.
I just explained to you in PM. It is bummer that you prefer to complain publicly here even after my explanation.

Regardless, here is an update for all members:

Seal issue: Addressed, we turn it around the same day, ship back to you all and thanks to all members who provided their feedback.

Charging issue: Some members mentioned this problem that unit has a delayed charging. We have been investigating this issue past week and just came up with a firmware upgrade but it is being tested today. Members who experienced this problem, will not need to send units in. I will provide more updates on this by Monday.

We have few units at the office where we already applied the seal but since they also had the charging complaint, we did not want to send back prematurely until the charging issue is addressed.

@Volteric , it may be difficult to utilize wood since we have a complex design but i will bring this up at our next meeting to inquire.

Last edited:

RobTheThrone

I just explained to you in PM. It is bummer that you prefer to complain publicly here even after my explanation.

Regardless, here is an update for all members:

Seal issue: Addressed, we turn it around the same day, ship back to you all and thanks to all members who provided their feedback.

Charging issue: Some members mentioned this problem that unit has a delayed charging. We have been investigating this issue past week and just came up with a firmware upgrade but it is being tested today. Members who experienced this problem, will not need to send units in. I will provide more updates on this by Monday.

We have few units at the office where we already applied the seal but since they also had the charging complaint, we did not want to send back prematurely until the charging issue is addressed.

Then you shouldn't have led me to believe I was getting my unit replaced and shipped out yesterday. I've expressed to you how badly I need this vape sooner rather than later as I'm currently stuck smoking to treat my medical condition. I paid for next day shipping because this is a huge inconvenience to me and to keep having it's return delayed when I was led to believe there would be a one day turn around is very disappointing. I'm complaining publicly because the people have a right to know what everyone involved in the process is going through, not just the happy ones.

Edit: I apologize if I come across as bashing or combative, I know there's only so much you personally can do. I'm just really frustrated with this whole situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
RobTheThrone,
Reactions: Summer

Andorinter

Then you shouldn't have led me to believe I was getting my unit replaced and shipped out yesterday. I've expressed to you how badly I need this vape sooner rather than later as I'm currently stuck smoking to treat my medical condition. I paid for next day shipping because this is a huge inconvenience to me and to keep having it's return delayed when I was led to believe there would be a one day turn around is very disappointing. I'm complaining publicly because the people have a right to know what everyone involved in the process is going through, not just the happy ones.

Edit: I apologize if I come across as bashing or combative, I know there's only so much you personally can do. I'm just really frustrated with this whole situation.
They figured out the charging issue. That's why your unit isn't being swapped. Just re read it and you'll understand. Something about a firmware update to fix the charging issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

mephisto

I had a combustion event yesterday with my pods filled that much. It was an odd thing to be sure. I could see the element brightly lit, and then the indicator light went green. On lowest power, POOF! Smoke everywhere. I have had no further incidents and chock the whole thing up to user error......Love my Square!

Volteric

I had a combustion event yesterday with my pods filled that much. It was an odd thing to be sure. I could see the element brightly lit, and then the indicator light went green. On lowest power, POOF! Smoke everywhere. I have had no further incidents and chock the whole thing up to user error......Love my Square!

It seems to me this is due to one of two events: 1) faulty seal or 2) leaning too heavily on the draw button. I’m finding the lowest factory setting to be giving me the best overall experience. If I draw on and on I will combust.

Volteric,
Reactions: jfkdidit

ginolicious

Can anyone comment on maybe the technique is press the button. Draw for 3-5 seconds and that’s it while button is fully pressed? Maybe the ones combusting are Hoover vacuumes lol.

Top Bottom