Discontinued Haze Square

Barnacleaz

On a slightly different tangent, any Linux users running Win10 over KVM that can connect to the Square app? If so, kindly send any setup suggestions or experiences. I haven't tried but am looking at this angle with the hopes of minimizing/eliminating unnecessary telemetry from the Windows setup. Thanks!

Did some field testing after work yesterday, the Square works well on a hike. I really liked not having to fight the wind trying to use a "windproof" torch and 4 pods are plenty for me.

How's the silicone jacket working out? Lint/dust magnet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Barnacleaz,

Volteric

Can anyone comment on maybe the technique is press the button. Draw for 3-5 seconds and that’s it while button is fully pressed? Maybe the ones combusting are Hoover vacuumes lol.

Yes, I lean on the button while drawing 3-5 seconds. I feel the warm vape in the back of my throat I let off the button. I’m getting nice fine cool clouds.

ginolicious

Yes, I lean on the button while drawing 3-5 seconds. I feel the warm vape in the back of my throat I let off the button. I’m getting nice fine cool clouds.

Do you still draw after you let off the button?

I just ordered one.

ginolicious,

R2-D2

I just received my square and it's in the charger (started charging within 10 seconds of plugging in). My hope with it being sent 2 days ago that all issues were addressed before it was sent. Thanks

I'll update after use!

Edit: @Haze Vaporizers got to me so quick, they are on it. Every question I have had they responded quickly and courteously. I like my Dual V3, but it's the service that stands out. I know they will take care of it!

Last edited:
R2-D2,
Reactions: Drexciya

MonkeyTime

They figured out the charging issue. That's why your unit isn't being swapped. Just re read it and you'll understand. Something about a firmware update to fix the charging issue.

I took it as they were waiting until they confirmed it was only a firmware issue. Once it's confirmed they could ship and you would have it and load it or they could and ship it then. But until they tested it and confirmed it, they were going to hold off. You wouldn't be happy getting it back and having to send it back because it wasn't firmware, but a bad board or something. THAT would piss me off :goon:

I fell off the wagon, everything is getting a turn tonight while I've given myself a reprieve. Mine is charging and waiting her turn. I found a few loose screws in mine and I'm anxious to try her again. I've got the first two loads that have been in it a long time drying out and are almost crispy, they'll stay very low temp :razz:, the other are the same bud but fresh ground tonight and were stored at 62%, and feeling pretty sticky and almost damp. I'm interested in seeing how it handles both knowing how I want to hit them. I'm thinking being out now and having a some heat nearby as the first two bowls get heated, maybe the other two will feel it?

@Haze Vaporizers , any consideration for the LED's indicating the charging state it's in? Almost done charging Flashing Green, Close to done Charging Flashing Blue, Getting There Flashing Yellow, Just Getting Started Charging Flashing Red?

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Drexciya

R2-D2

Pulled it if the charger, loaded the bowls (.15g), went through all of pod1 on every temp. Worked great, no combustion, good vapor, excellent effect. Draw resistance was less than the dual. Took my draws at 8 seconds, relatively slow. This is what I hoped it would be. I hope everyone gets dialed in.

subway13029

I sent mine in a few days ago and I’m still I think the only one who had a haze that just went all weird..lol..but @Haze Vaporizers has been busting his ass and deserves a raise. I’m not rushing my unit as I want them figure out what happened and why. I do miss it hearing all these reports of solid working vapes that are good.

ginolicious

Well only time will tell for me and the technique. Just ordered. So who knows whern it will be here. Some people say it needs a technique. Others say it’s idiot proof. I’m going to need to give one a go to be able to make a determination on that. Hope it’s idiot proof. Rather not have a buddy who milks the shit out of it,
Combusts, and then I’m running through my house to clean it to get rid of the combustion taste and smell lol

ginolicious,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mine is back after a longer turn around as well, just the seal issue apparently, but I have been pretty chill about this as I have the luxury to be... I know @Haze Vaporizers is working extremely hard to get everyone a proper unit, but as most of us here know, the launch of a new vaporizer rarely goes so smoothly. I still think they are doing a great job from everything I've seen from my time following vapes here.

Anyway after one bowl of Amnesia I I am already feeling like it is working much better. I loaded a pretty full bowl, about 4 @Ratchett scoopfulls, coarse ground tamped down. Started with my temps the way I set them before I sent it back, four hits at 330 and four hits at 355, I actually forgot to wait for the vibrate and got really nice low temp hits riding the wave and only holding the button a few seconds after it vibrated continuing to draw a little after as well. I bumped up to 370 and took three more before bumping to 385 for another three. Some of the hits I did wait for the vibrate, or it was near-instant anyway, and some of my hits were also a bit longer. I actually then opened up to check the bowl since the taste was poorer, but coloring looked to still have more life in it, especially considering how much was loaded. I actually decided to start it, flip the load rather as it had also puffed up a bit, and I noticed it actually was extracting quite evenly. I retamped it down so now the bowl was half as full as it was fresh. Reassembled and took another four heads at 385. Oh and I kept the button down the whole time and the whole unit flat, so the top screen was quite clean actually.

Most of the hits were all pretty big regardless of how long I held the button, likely what you would expect with so much loaded. After 15 hits on freshly charged battery, the led now shows up orange so it already lost like 60% on the one bowl? (I'm pretty sure it's orange though it could potentially be yellow, either way I'd think it should still be green after just one bowl or is 15 hits too many to expect that?) Could be mine was affected from being charged the first time from the usb cord on a tablet charger, though I think they were checking it for me so wondering what others seem to get, while I still have plenty more to test myself ofcourse.

Mine also still looks the same fitwise, despite the fixed seal issue and better performance. It is actually a little crooked and imperfect in some other places (anodization + ceramic), but if it works fine for now as things improve over time that is fine with me and I am happy to wait a while, the upgrade program is amazing what other vape companies do that (yes none let you return yet). This is all just so normal for products like this I am totally unfased this time lol I have much confidence in Haze, they even threw in some extra coils and pathway assemblies. All the accessories for this are going to be great too, this is a vape done right, I cannot wait for the microdosing and QPQ steel pods!

I'll be back with more at some point, thanks again Haze and keep up the good work! Don't let the tough customers get you down, and customers hang in there I am sure you will be quite satisfied eventually. These sort of issues are always the price of being in early :tup:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Some people say it needs a technique. Others say it’s idiot proof. I’m going to need to give one a go to be able to make a determination on that.
I was one of the people who said it needed a technique. However, after discussing with Haze, they think mine also has the seal issue. So hopefully, once issue is fixed it will become idiot-proof for me as well.

Shit Snacks

Me wonders if I am getting by with technique on a faulty unit? :hmm:

I mean nothing is idiot proof, I think technique is relative. If you have the seal issue you get blank hits without squeezng sides together in my experience, so at least that should not need to be a part of anyone's technique :2c:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Volteric

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Can anyone comment on maybe the technique is press the button. Draw for 3-5 seconds and that’s it while button is fully pressed? Maybe the ones combusting are Hoover vacuumes lol.
Something I learned with my Lotus is to feel when the vapor is getting hot, near combustion, and immediately let off the heat while simultaneously increasing draw rate, pulling hard AF, to cool the load. I've had to do that a few times with the Square vaping on red trying to get full extraction and haven't combusted...yet.

I loaded a pretty full bowl, about 4 @Ratchett scoopfulls

Damn! I've been getting good results with a lil less than 2...like just enough to cover the bottom of the pod.

Last edited:
Jambi619,
Reactions: Summer

JayPizzle

So I got my Haze Square back today after sending it in for seal fix. When I first pulled it out of the box I noticed how sleek and more uniformed it looked. I set my temps to 320, 350, 380, 400, and 430. I vaped a bowl and started at 320 and the first draw I immediately noticed a difference in draw resistance and got great vapor on first 2-3 pulls. Bumped it to 350 and again awesome vapor and flavor was there. I was on my lunch so came back in to work and noticed I’m a little more lifted than normal. I say this to say whatever they did with it at @Haze Vaporizers it sure works like it should now and exceeded my expectations. Here’s a pic I took in the car before I came in.
khgvh3c9l630nznt.jpeg
Glad I'm not the only one. One thing I noticed with this vape was I got really lifted after 2+ hits on 355f LOL vs other vapes I've used. I notice there's a draw technique. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but at the start, you want to take a slow draw to warm up the herb and after a couple seconds, speed up the draw to rip it?

Shit Snacks

Glad I'm not the only one. One thing I noticed with this vape was I got really lifted after 2+ hits on 355f LOL vs other vapes I've used. I notice there's a draw technique. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but at the start, you want to take a slow draw to warm up the herb and after a couple seconds, speed up the draw to rip it?

This is how I draw based on my experience with other on demand pure convection. Don't even need to hold the button very long if you actually start drawing from the beginning and ride the wave as with (semi)unregulated devices. I got vapor on the first draw this way, I just reset my temps lower now, going to be testing some more strains (and pods) with someone tonight. Think the large bowls will be good for sharing...

django7

I've been using my Haze Square for a few days, since I got it back from having the seal repair done.

It's taken me quite a bit of experimenting to get the load/draw right.

Based on what others have posted, my experience seems to be a bit different, though. I get no vapor to speak of until I hit 400F. So I've changed my temps to start at 400 and go to 450. I'm using medium grind, packed loosely, filling the bowl about 3/4 of the way. Long slow draws work best, and it still helps to squeeze the unit together while drawing. I've tried other loads/draws/temps, but this works best for me, so far.

I'm happy with the vapor I'm getting this way. It's very tasty, and hits hard.

I can get 2 or three draws from a bowl, then I have to open the top and stir the contents. Then I can get 2 or three more draws. I keep this up, stirring and slowly raising the heat, until the ABV is finally all brown and dried up. I'm getting 8-10 draws from a bowl this way.

Since I'm finishing at 450, though, the unit gets rather warm by the end. And the battery is halfway used (approx., based on the color of the LED).

At that point I'm quite ready to put it down, though, so I stick it on the charger and when I get back it's fully charged. Sometimes the red light blinks while charging, sometimes it doesn't.

Needing to stir the bowl makes using the Square a bit clumsy, though, because popping off the top is a difficult process and exposes all 4 bowls. For this reason, I'm mostly just using one bowl, vaping it out, and then refilling.

I guess I could fill all 4, take a couple hits from each, and then open it and stir them all... but that's a hassle, too.

I'm finding that the Square hits harder than my Dual V3, but doesn't last nearly as long. So I think the Square is going to become my "finisher." Get started on the V3, then finish off with the Square to really put a cap on it.

The unit seems fragile to me, despite how bulky and heavy it is. There are small parts taking quite a bit of load, and I'm fairly certain I'm going to break something eventually, with all the spinning and prying open required. I guess we'll see.

And the mouthpiece is loose, and will definitely fall out and get lost.

Using the Square is quite a different experience than using the Dual. And it's my first convection-only vape, so I think my initial expectations for the vape were a bit off. I was thinking of it as the next generation Dual, but it's not that at all. It's a different device, for a different purpose.

It uses a lot more material than the Dual, but it hits harder. I'm not sure what the upshot of that is yet, over time.

Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with it, and I think it will find a place in my day, alongside the Dual.

b0

Cloudy...
Is everyone needing to stir guys? IMO kills the function of having 4 bowls...

Last edited:
b0,
Reactions: dzoinp

mephisto

I could see the possibility for a stir with a heavily loaded chamber. However, I feel like my bowls are pretty fully extracted. I am currently only using the lowest temp setting since combusting. I notice 2 things that may or may not be real issues. When I turn the Square on with 3 presses, it vibrates, lights and then the light goes out. I have to give 3 more presses to "wake" the vape. The first time I press the button to take a hit, the coil begins to glow very bright. The coil is still glowing when the vape flashes green/go. So for now, I ignore the first green light prompt of readiness. I let off the button and reapply pressure, the next green light seems to correspond with my expectation of the lowest temp setting. Once the Haze folks get further traction with their initial release I will reach out with my concern. For now, I don't have the bravado to just rip the Square through the temp spectrum for fear of combustion. I am very content to use my Square as is, it takes a bit more awareness as it works now.

edit to add tweak....The coil was riding up out of the cup it rests in. Thinking that one side of the heater being very close to the chamber would cause overheating, I used a small dowel to gently push the coil back fully seated in its block.

Volteric

I could see the possibility for a stir with a heavily loaded chamber. However, I feel like my bowls are pretty fully extracted. I am currently only using the lowest temp setting since combusting. I notice 2 things that may or may not be real issues. When I turn the Square on with 3 presses, it vibrates, lights and then the light goes out. I have to give 3 more presses to "wake" the vape. The first time I press the button to take a hit, the coil begins to glow very bright. The coil is still glowing when the vape flashes green/go. So for now, I ignore the first green light prompt of readiness. I let off the button and reapply pressure, the next green light seems to correspond with my expectation of the lowest temp setting. Once the Haze folks get further traction with their initial release I will reach out with my concern. For now, I don't have the bravado to just rip the Square through the temp spectrum for fear of combustion. I am very content to use my Square as is, it takes a bit more awareness as it works now.

edit to add tweak....The coil was riding up out of the cup it rests in. Thinking that one side of the heater being very close to the chamber would cause overheating, I used a small dowel to gently push the coil back fully seated in its block.

I have the exact same issue with the turning on of the device—3 clicks on, blue but then unresponsive and then it’s like I have click it a again to “wake” it. It doesn’t seem right but isn’t the end of the world. I’m gyessing a firmware update with fix this.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
I have the exact same issue with the turning on of the device—3 clicks on, blue but then unresponsive and then it’s like I have click it a again to “wake” it. It doesn’t seem right but isn’t the end of the world. I’m gyessing a firmware update with fix this.
We are on it. I have responded to half of the PMs late last night. I will respond to you all by tonight. Half of our staff is at the Vape Showcase ATL this weekend and other half is at the office applying the seal fixes and firmware upgrades. Thank you all.

Top Bottom