Discontinued Haze Square

Ektoplasm

The more I read here the more I’m tempted to send this straight back, whenever it decides to arrive. I wanted an on demand vape. Made my decision based off the fact it has 4 chambers.

So far we have problems with the seal, which leads to lack of vape/sucking in plain old air. Combustion problems, battery life problems. The unit not being assembled properly so people are using Alan keys to tighten things up.

Whichever way you look at it this is a poor show for a production unit.

Did the test units not have these problems? And if not how comes the production units do?

I’m so tempted to get a refund and just go FF2.

ginolicious

@paytonpenn what temp were you on you think when you combusted?

I rarely go above 210C. My usual sweet spot is 180C and step up a little when I use the Dual V3. Will i combust using the square st those temps? I reserve the real high temps for my concentrate.

Who ever mentioned the not needing a technique, thanks. Other than if you take super long draws you may wanna press the button down again to make sure it doesn’t time out. Which I figured that much. How long does it take to time out approximately on one draw?

ginolicious,
Reactions: dac13

MonkeyTime

@paytonpenn what temp were you on you think when you combusted?

I rarely go above 210C. My usual sweet spot is 180C and step up a little when I use the Dual V3. Will i combust using the square st those temps? I reserve the real high temps for my concentrate.

Who ever mentioned the not needing a technique, thanks. Other than if you take super long draws you may wanna press the button down again to make sure it doesn’t time out. Which I figured that much. How long does it take to time out approximately on one draw?

Just my theory, but.... I've had three combustion events and a dumb moment. Two at 370 & 380F, and one right out of the box, can't say the temp on that one. I had a unit with all red temp colors and it wasn't adding up to me yet so no clue.

I think mine were all alignment issues, that may be the one caveat with this unit. The same way some are not seating correctly and not getting vapor because it's too open, in the other direction it had the bowls too close to the coil. And there's really no pathway between, so a little less room and it may have been touching the bowl?

I also combusted ounce from complete user error. The bowl was done and I forgot I had upped the highest temp to max to try trates and out, and it was thru water and I realty went after it.

Again, just my theory, but it adds up to me.

When assembled correctly, and you know once it's worked right when it isn't, grind and pack change it, but aren't barriers, there's not much true technique.

awmaster10

The more I read here the more I’m tempted to send this straight back, whenever it decides to arrive. I wanted an on demand vape. Made my decision based off the fact it has 4 chambers.

So far we have problems with the seal, which leads to lack of vape/sucking in plain old air. Combustion problems, battery life problems. The unit not being assembled properly so people are using Alan keys to tighten things up.

Did the test units not have these problems? And if not how comes the production units do?

Not the place to go into it, but if you’re frustrated by inconsistency of results (due to a fixable fault) then you probably shouldn’t be using the ff2 as a baseline.

And you say that amongst users with a working device there is inconsistency, but it’s likely that even those users have the wrong sized seal and even though they get SOME results, the inconsistency is probably the same seal problem.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader

It's been rocky, but I'm willing to cut Haze some slack for having the balls to make a quad-chamber, on-demand convection vape that fits in your pocket. It's a unique design, so the fact that there's some kinks in the first mass-produced batch isn't too surprising to me. To their credit, Haze hasn't tried to hide or neglect the issue, they're dealing with it. So I say, wait n see.

I sent mine in last week, should get it back later today, I'm really hoping to come back with a glowing review.

Alexis

Just my theory, but.... I've had three combustion events and a dumb moment. Two at 370 & 380F, and one right out of the box, can't say the temp on that one. I had a unit with all red temp colors and it wasn't adding up to me yet so no clue.

I think mine were all alignment issues, that may be the one caveat with this unit. The same way some are not seating correctly and not getting vapor because it's too open, in the other direction it had the bowls too close to the coil. And there's really no pathway between, so a little less room and it may have been touching the bowl?

I also combusted ounce from complete user error. The bowl was done and I forgot I had upped the highest temp to max to try trates and out, and it was thru water and I realty went after it.

Again, just my theory, but it adds up to me.

When assembled correctly, and you know once it's worked right when it isn't, grind and pack change it, but aren't barriers, there's not much true technique.
Hey man, you just made post number 666! So you are at a special crossroad in life- you have the rare chance to make that your last ever post here and join a Satanic cult today! :evil:

Canadianbob54

Any users a V3 owner as well? There a point in having both? I get a new vape in 2-3 months. Wife gets a new vacuum. And it’ll be bought after the muding and taping is done in my basement. So now the decision. Trade in or keep

Hi Ginolicious,

I have a Haze Dual v3 and will give you a comparison when my Square arrives.

Canadianbob54,
Reactions: Summer

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
@Haze Vaporizers Can we get an LED + Vibration option where it doesn't have any lights unless changing temp. On Vibration mode I can't really tell my temp. But I don't like the obnoxious light when I'm vaping.

@ginolicious I was at 445F.
Good idea. It is firmware. Just to be clear, do you suggest heptic feedback for each temp setting? Like vibrates once for temp setting 1 and vibrates twice for temp 2?

Haze Vaporizers,
Reactions: MonkeyTime

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
And you say that amongst users with a working device there is inconsistency, but it’s likely that even those users have the wrong sized seal and even though they get SOME results, the inconsistency is probably the same seal problem.
problem is that, AFAIK, besides sending the device back for inspection, it seems users have no way of knowing if their seal is bad, slightly off, contributing to inconsistent results, and/or holding the vape back from its full potential. A vape such as this requires all components (battery, air flow, grind, etc) to be working properly like a fine machine, and if we start to experience inconsistent results over time, the question of the seal will rear its head.

I think if Haze wants to minimize user frustration, since it seems device owners have no way of determining whether the seal is within spec, Haze should consider sending out proper seals for all pre-order users and be done with it. It seems to me their factory should be liable for the addtl cost.

Sonicboom1991

Good idea. It is firmware. Just to be clear, do you suggest heptic feedback for each temp setting? Like vibrates once for temp setting 1 and vibrates twice for temp 2?

The vibration correlation to the temp level is what davinci did with there iq smart paths. And I can attest that system works really well when your on the go and don't want to be staring at your vape trying to get it set right.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
problem is that, AFAIK, besides sending the device back for inspection, it seems users have no way of knowing if their seal is bad, slightly off, contributing to inconsistent results, and/or holding the vape back from its full potential. A vape such as this requires all components (battery, air flow, grind, etc) to be working properly like a fine machine, and if we start to experience inconsistent results over time, the question of the seal will rear its head.

I think if Haze wants to minimize user frustration, since it seems device owners have no way of determining whether the seal is within spec, Haze should consider sending out proper seals for all pre-order users and be done with it. It seems to me their factory should be liable for the addtl cost.
Agreed. We are approaching this subject from two seperate angles.

1) The seal needed to be applied with a leveling tool but factory missed this requirement during assembly and units got assembled by hand. That created hit or miss results. It is hard to catch, hard to determine. Sending seals out is not the problem but it will not solve the issue if users are placing them by hand. That is the reason that we dedicated two techs on this issue. We get units in, correct it and turn it around the same day. We also compensate users with either covering their shipping cost or sending out accessories for the trouble but we are ensuring that the units are done properly.

2) We naturally raised a mighty hell to the factory as you can imagine and although i am sure that this will never be missed in the next batch, just to be safe, we have designed a new seal that does not require a tool during assembly so it is fool proof. This part will be ready in 12 days for production.

Either way, we will take care of every single customer out there who received a bad seal unit and make sure that they don’t pay the burden out of pocket or be without their units for a long period.

Again, we do appreciate the patience and support of this community.

ginolicious

Hi Ginolicious,

I have a Haze Dual v3 and will give you a comparison when my Square arrives.

I look forward to your comparison. I wasted almost a full bowl last night on the Dual V3. I was playing video games. Took about 10 hits combined with the wife and then zoned into my game and the bowl just kept burning away. Hence why I was an on demand. Take a hit. Put it down and then come back to it. I was notorious for getting fucked up and holding a bong for 10 minutes before hitting. Can’t do that with a jay or with the Dual.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Summer

Alexis

@Haze Vaporizers I can only applaud you on your attitude and approach to calmly, patiently and tolerantly doing all you can in total transparency to fix every issue and keep everybody happy.

Which is so refreshing to see after I just received a completely wrong bubbler from Dhgate and the seller replied with this proposteros cheek after I sent them photos (it was much shorter, narrower, different style mouthpiece AND wrong joint size):

"Dear friend,the same thing you see It from different angles,it will be different.I know you are a perfect person to pursuit perfect thing,but you buy things from Internet,there will be a little different from the actual things,even If It is the same thing,so pls donot be so picky,we are not easy to sell things through Internet,sometimes they are broken through long distant transportation,sometimes customers too picky to find something different.We really earn little.I earn money to raise two children,now I am feeding my kid and reply your email."

And to make it even more of an insult, I messaged them before I ordered asking them if they could check and make 100% sure they would be sending me the exact same model as in product photos and description. They assured me, yes they checked it is exact same one!

Not impressed!:rant::lol:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
If we could have all these options as ticks that would be ideal. I do think if its no lights it should vibrate in correlation to it's temp.
  • Haptic - on/off
  • Lights - on/off
  • Lights when standby/powered - on/off
  • Lights while heating - on/off (green 2 second flash of light if set to goes off while heated)
  • Lights stays on while heated - on/off (some may prefer the discretion)
  • Lights while when switching temp - on/off
  • Haptic when powered - on/off (off buzz should be different)
  • Haptic when temp reached - on/off
  • Haptic when switching temps - on/off
  • Haptic when reached min/max temp - on/off
I don't know if you can add all the options but it would be appreciated especially in terms of accessibility.

I'd like to see the versatility for the user to make this a semi automatic vape or just really own it. It seems like we have a lot of control with only the temperatures and colors (which is great as those most important). But I know more settings and features would be welcome for the rest of the Square. I want no lights unless switching temps and haptic on heated.

I have plans on testing how quick and well/consistent the unit is if you aren't acknowledging the buzzer.

Baron23

We get units in, correct it and turn it around the same day. We also compensate users with either covering their shipping cost or sending out accessories for the trouble but we are ensuring that the units are done properly.

Can't ask for more.

My only caution is re: introducing the newly designed seal that does not require an installation tool or jig. And that is, the old seal (properly installed) went through beta testing and therefore conveyed a high degree of confidence that this part of the design functioned as req. The new seal, while it may solve your factory QA issue, has not been field tested.

I would suggest field testing of the new seal with your beta team prior to cutting it into production. The last thing you want to have is a new problem resulting from a fix for an old problem and end up chasing your tail.

Thanks again for your transparency and CS commitment.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
FML!

Either I have the wrong tracking number or USPS sent my Square to Denver instead of Chicago.

Jambi619,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Can't ask for more.

My only caution is re: introducing the newly designed seal that does not require an installation tool or jig. And that is, the old seal (properly installed) went through beta testing and therefore conveyed a high degree of confidence that this part of the design functioned as req. The new seal, while it may solve your factory QA issue, has not been field tested.

I would suggest field testing of the new seal with your beta team prior to cutting it into production. The last thing you want to have is a new problem resulting from a fix for an old problem and end up chasing your tail.

Thanks again for your transparency and CS commitment.
I totally agree.

little maggie

After reading everything, thinking of returning mine when it gets here or seeing if i can cancel shipping. Not because of technique because i have several on demand vapes that work fine with just a button press and inhale although many people describe technique. And not because of problems because I'm confident haze will fix them. But i really am a dummy with anything that requires fine motor or visual spatial skills. People without those issues have had difficulty with alignment so I'm not confident at all that I will be able to assemble the haze. I see that as a user issue not a manufacturing issue so probably need to send mine back before even opening it so I'm not spending money on something I can't use.

little maggie,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
OK read all pages from when this production run was shipped. Was really disappointed with what I read at first but believe Haze is on it and that all the problems including combustion are probably related to the seal. So here is my question @Haze Vaporizers, my unit will show up today, should I send it back right away? Try it? Rebuild it? Also regardless of whether HV rebuilds it or not, I want one of the new gaskets. And people, if you are having a problem go back to page 64-65 and start reading from there.

RogueGuy,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
OK read all pages from when this production run was shipped. Was really disappointed with what I read at first but believe Haze is on it and that all the problems including combustion are probably related to the seal. So here is my question @Haze Vaporizers, my unit will show up today, should I send it back right away? Try it? Rebuild it? Also regardless of whether HV rebuilds it or not, I want one of the new gaskets. And people, if you are having a problem go back to page 64-65 and start reading from there.
Rebuild is not necessary and have never been a requirement. If you are just receiving your unit, chances of that unit being checked already is pretty high. I would use it to see the vapor production. If any issues, please PM me.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Rebuild is not necessary and have never been a requirement. If you are just receiving your unit, chances of that unit being checked already is pretty high. I would use it to see the vapor production. If any issues, please PM me.
OK thanks. I believe it shipped on Monday 24th. @Haze Vaporizers Will you be shipping new, tool free gaskets to all purchasers?

Last edited:
RogueGuy,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
We can if a user prefers that but they won’t be ready/tested/ ready to go until at least 3-4 weeks before mass production. 12 days to get the first sample articles for us to test. Even though it is cheaper for us and easier for the user to DIY, (thats what we had in mind few days ago until we found the root cause), we still prefer to take care of units that are out there ourselves to ensure quality and 100% operation in a timely fashion and we are willing to pay for it with our time and money.

Top Bottom