Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

I’m starting to think that a lot of these issues with the bud combusting or how to use it is user based error. It’s an on demand convection that I would assume has a technique.

I find the complaints I read about the firefly 2,mv1 and now the square all revolve around the same concept, users not using properly or being able to master the technique. These are in demand convection vapes that have some learning and don’t operate the same way that you would think the craft or Haze V3 would operate.

Sorry. Thought I would write this out. Vape critic made me think about it deeply.

Baron23

users not using properly or being able to master the technique.

Yes, but average user competency needs to be accounted for in requirements and design. A great, elegant, ground breaking design is useless if the intended target has issues with operating it.

Now, I have used a Square once and it worked fine and easy with no issues. But you are right that on-demand, portable, full convection is a much tougher nut to crack and many seem to struggle with it.

I think S&B's choice of hybrid for Crafty/Mighty was brilliant. Eliminates a lot (all?) of user technique requirements.

b0

Cloudy...
Is there an estimated arrive date for the phase 2 first delivers?

Soon for sure, @Haze Vaporizers already have them and they will be shipping soon. Personally I appreciate they take some time to check units before shipping, taking proper care of us.

I have not seen many reviews for this device yet in YouTube. I think I’ve seen a total of 4, including unboxing videos which I find rather useless in my opinion.

When I say reviews I mean forum users opinion. There is people here that I rate higher that most reviewers...

b0,

ginolicious

When I receive mine I will do a full review to the best of my ability. Tell you all what works for me and what doesn’t.

I think I key thing with this vape is to draw slow. But when you feel the vapor getting real hot you should draw quicker which will cool the bowl down and prevent combustion. That is where technique comes into play in which I don’t think some users were doing this resulting in combustion.

@b0 I agree. Appears this thread doesn’t have a lot of reviews contained in it. But then again I assume a lot of people are yet to obtain units.

ginolicious,
Reactions: b0

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Tbh I’m not really sure if it was a 2.0 or 3.0 but I’m sure 2.0 works as well
Didn't for me, which is why I was curious.

Edit..

2.0 works. Don't know why my other flash drives didn't but I had to format a USB drive with my last copy of windows 7 but my Square is finally updated and delayed charging is kind of fixed. Still doesn't charge immediately when warm or hot which is reasonable but it definitely seems to work right after when trying passthrough.

Still finicky in ways and very cheap external parts but really good unit.

paytonpenn,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@paytonpenn any examples of how it’s finicky. And when you say cheap external parts are you referring to mouth piece and o rings?
Mouthpiece, orings weren't in my mind but might as well include them. I meant the mediocre coating in my haze that results with my knob for the door being silver now.

The exterior coating is a joke. Finickiness is related to the temp setting being at 385F but still capable of combustion. I haven't combusted for about a week now but I know it can happen. Sometimes you'll be given what seems like an indefinite heatup with above 400F other times it will be normal 3 to 8 seconds.

I also still have the false power on sometimes.

MikeG7265

I’m starting to think that a lot of these issues with the bud combusting or how to use it is user based error. It’s an on demand convection that I would assume has a technique.

I find the complaints I read about the firefly 2,mv1 and now the square all revolve around the same concept, users not using properly or being able to master the technique. These are in demand convection vapes that have some learning and don’t operate the same way that you would think the craft or Haze V3 would operate.

Sorry. Thought I would write this out. Vape critic made me think about it deeply.

This is me! I’m beginning to think convection is not for me. As you said they have a learning curve. And each device has its own, from FF2 to GH, to the MV-1. I thinks that’s been my problem. I have the most success with the Square out of all my convention. But it’s not without its faults. We also need to keep in mind that this is the first couple runs and issues come to light, and they’ve been phenomenal with their CS. Waiting to get mine back, but I’m not gonna use it until I can fix the mouthpiece o-rings. Like someone else said, I get a noticeable air leak that effects the draw. And living in a non friendly state, flower is too expensive to waste. :leaf:

KLo

No Ember
I can't seem to find it but Haze mentioned something about shipping replacements as the shipped o-rings were too small or something ( I really can't remember )

I was wondering about that. Here's the reference:

We already asked the factory to use thicker o-rings for mpc. They will be here in 2-3 weeks time. I will send you all those as soon as they are here.

@Haze Vaporizers did you receive the shipment? Can we still expect these?? Thanks and just wanted to say I've been daily driving the Square for about a month now and can't imagine getting by without it. Made my life easier with the multi-chambers. So far, reliable and easy to keep clean. The only gripe is battery life. Starts to bottom out before turning red and to keep frustration level low, I plug in the charger at this point. Hoping the firmware resolves this. Waiting for the mac.

Can anyone comment on pass-thru experience? I'm wary of pass-thru. Don't want to ruin my love affair with (potential) burn out.

Keep up the good work, Haze. Can't wait for the goods you have to come.

Edit: I posted this before, but have more extensive usage of flipping the screens once they get sticky. Works for me :D and cuts back on cleaning. I wait 'til the other side gets mucked. No shift in performance or taste ! Love it !!

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Well been told that the techs are stumped and have to send mine to engineers for further evaluation due to unit blinking as if it's charging after being disconnected. I will let you guys know the outcome but I am sure @Haze Vaporizers will take of it no matter what it is!

Djsleepy,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Well been told that the techs are stumped and have to send mine to engineers for further evaluation due to unit blinking as if it's charging after being disconnected. I will let you guys know the outcome but I am sure @Haze Vaporizers will take of it no matter what it is!
Your unit is an isolated incident. Has a bad part on PCB board. If we had spare units, we would just replace it which would cost cheaper than getting it addressed through our engineers but all incoming units are accounted for. Thank you for your patience, we will get it back to you in no time.

Djsleepy

Your unit is an isolated incident. Has a bad part on PCB board. If we had spare units, we would just replace it which would cost cheaper than getting it addressed through our engineers but all incoming units are accounted for. Thank you for your patience, we will get it back to you in no time.
Cool I was just letting forum readers know because I previously posted about it, not trying to start a panic.

Last edited:
To those who have their unit: if you only take a toke or two, then turn the unit off and store the mouthpiece, how much does the unit smell? Does it’s design keep exterior smell down while loaded and stored?

Brassmonkie369,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@b0, either ask over in the youtube comments or see if he mentions when his unit was received in the vid.

Summer,

retteric

@Haze Vaporizers I just received my phase 2 unit today. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm a bit disappointed already by the unit appearance itself. Did I receive a refurbished model? It looks like the air path has some debris or something inside, and the casing itself is damaged near the +/- butons. It also just...looks dirty.

This picture is straight out of the box
4PUAgmU.jpg
4PUAgmU

@Haze Vaporizers I just received my phase 2 unit today. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm a bit disappointed already by the unit appearance itself. Did I receive a refurbished model? It looks like the air path has some debris or something inside, and the casing itself is damaged near the +/- butons. It also just...looks dirty.

This picture is straight out of the box
4PUAgmU.jpg
4PUAgmU
Does look “pre distressed”?...

Brassmonkie369,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom