Discontinued Haze Square

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm still trying to decide which version to get before I order. Just wondering if anyone has thoughts about the pros and cons of getting the pro version.

Yes the USB(c) and fast charge are a big bonus, but for me it was actually the ability to fully customize the temp settings with the pro by plugging into a computer. Actually I am pretty excited to customize the led colors on mine too, plus the haptic feedback control... And all this for only an additional $20 more, that really made it feel like a no brainer in the end

I'd really like to be able to use water (or a whip). I know that we can control the temp to help it be mild but there's something about distance from the mouthpiece that helps me avoid coughing. The water adapters on the website are only for the v3. Are there any I'm missing or is there a way to use this with water?

They will release adapters later, which will be easy to do since the standard mouthpiece is already removable. As mentioned one of Ratchett's SonGs will fit (don't need a special one, the Square mp is simple small straight tube so I bet his small universal SonG fits fine). On top of that I am fairly certain the standard mp is narrow enough that your Tubo and Alan whips will connect to it without issue, so you can cool vapor with length or then attach that to water as I know you like to do both :tup:

Last edited:

Majordude2626

Can someone tell me how smelly this vape is, pre use, and after use? I have a ff2 which I consider my least smelly vape, I've also had an og pax which was by far the stinkiest vape. Can you tell me where this falls in terms of that.

Majordude2626,
Reactions: vapen00b

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can someone tell me how smelly this vape is, pre use, and after use? I have a ff2 which I consider my least smelly vape, I've also had an og pax which was by far the stinkiest vape. Can you tell me where this falls in terms of that.

It is probably just like the Firefly, being the same style on demand convection as opposed to session conduction like Pax (and Haze V3). It may smell a little more just because of the four bowls, but if they are sealed up with the lid like a closed FF then it should be fine. I am sure beta testers can confirm this though

Rasputin

Bobcat @ VLife. Le__Bobcat @ IG
Yes the USB(c) and fast charge are a bit bonus, but for me it was actually the ability to fully customize the temp settings with the pro by plugging into a computer. Actually I am pretty excited to customize the led colors on mine too, plus the haptic feedback control... And all this for only an additional $20 more, that really made it feel like a no brainer in the end.

I had missed the haptic feedback control. TY for pointing that out!!

They will release adapters later, which will be easy to do since the standard mouthpiece is already removable. As mentioned one of Ratchett's SonGs will fit (don't need a special one, the Square mp is simple small straight tube so I bet his small universal SonG fits fine). On top of that I am fairly certain the standard mp is narrow enough that your Tubo and Alan whips will connect to it without issue, so you can cool vapor with length or then attach that to water as I know you like to do both :tup:

mod note: edited to move response outside of quote

Last edited by a moderator:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Sorry for quoting myselg, but any of the beta testers can help me with this?

There is a sliver of silicone technically in the air path where you ask about, but I mean in the truest sense of technical, like 1/4 of a mm. And it's set back in a slot that can't possibly get much, if any, air flow. It's in the same fashion as the Ghost, but about 20 times less.

I'm doing a deep cleaning now for the first time and there is no residue on the parts of the silicone gasket that are in the air path. I smelled all around the gasket and got nothing, so I asked my wife to do the same. She said it smelled burnt, which makes sense after all the times I combusted finding the upper limits. So mine never got any residue on it, but it recorded my combustion enough for her to notice, but not me. Replacement gaskets are $5 and I could see replacing them after extended use or if I abused it somehow.

The same can be said for the nipples on this tray as well, but to an even far lesser degree.

So, imo, silicone in the air path is not a concern here. The answer is as close to being a 'no' as you can get without being truly 'no.'

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Can anyone provide any info on what the 'material pods' are made out of and what they are coated with? Bud refers to the fact that they are non-stick?

@Haze Vaporizers I'm curious about the decision to make the stainless steel pods black... is it just for aesthetics or is there a function? And what is the manufacturing process used? Paint, heat treatment, anodizing, or ????

They are for aesthetics mainly but since they are heat treated, it gives non-stick, easy to clean functions as well. Forgot to mention that they perform way better against ISO interaction.

Sorry - but can you please explicitly tell us what the pods are coated with, if anything?

StonerSloth,

Zondo

Just that dude
For the testers... How dry would you say the product in 4th chamber would be if I pre-filled them all, but used 1 chamber a day?

Zondo,

Baron23

Thanks for the help. I think my decision is made.
One more question which is unrelated to whether I buy one or not.
I'd really like to be able to use water (or a whip). I know that we can control the temp to help it be mild but there's something about distance from the mouthpiece that helps me avoid coughing. The water adapters on the website are only for the v3. Are there any I'm missing or is there a way to use this with water?
Maybe just slide one end of a silicon whip over the Square's MP and a glass whip adapter on the water piece end and you are in business? Maybe??

Baron23,

b0

Cloudy...
There is a sliver of silicone technically in the air path where you ask about, but I mean in the truest sense of technical, like 1/4 of a mm. And it's set back in a slot that can't possibly get much, if any, air flow. It's in the same fashion as the Ghost, but about 20 times less.

I'm doing a deep cleaning now for the first time and there is no residue on the parts of the silicone gasket that are in the air path. I smelled all around the gasket and got nothing, so I asked my wife to do the same. She said it smelled burnt, which makes sense after all the times I combusted finding the upper limits. So mine never got any residue on it, but it recorded my combustion enough for her to notice, but not me. Replacement gaskets are $5 and I could see replacing them after extended use or if I abused it somehow.

The same can be said for the nipples on this tray as well, but to an even far lesser degree.

So, imo, silicone in the air path is not a concern here. The answer is as close to being a 'no' as you can get without being truly 'no.'

Thabks @pakalolo seems like im not gonna need the cleaner then :)

How difficult was the cleaning?

b0,

radiant34

Ordered 12/22. Very excited as my mighty is dead, grasshopper is in warranty, and my milanaa combusts/gives me hot spots. Not really the tool for vaping..

radiant34,

collegeKid101

What’s the highest preset temperature? Online for the standard it said 410F but that seems a little low for concentrates no?

collegeKid101,

Alexis

It is a Cr alloy, max operating temperature of 2500F (we tested it all the way to 1400F for fumes) and we operate nowhere near either of these temperatures.
Hi there and thanks very much, on behalf of us all, for your warm, lively and extremely informative presence here in this thread.

Your vape has REALLY caught me attention. However I just tried to look up what "Cr alloy" is comprised of. It says it can contain aluminium.
I am very allergic to aluminium in vapes, and not to do with offgassing.

Do you know if your heater contains any aluminium?

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
It has 0 % Aluminum in it. Composition is Ni and Cr mainly. Similar to Kanthal but insignificant Iron in it. As i mentioned in my previous post, the coil is tested almost 2x the operating temperature with no offgassing. The unit was also submitted to FDA unlike 95% of our competition.

Alexis

It has 0 % Aluminum in it. Composition is Ni and Cr mainly. Similar to Kanthal but insignificant Iron in it. As i mentioned in my previous post, the coil is tested almost 2x the operating temperature with no offgassing. The unit was also submitted to FDA unlike 95% of our competition.
Thank you that ia what I was hoping to hear. I hear you on the offgassing, however I had a vefy severe but genuine allergic reaction to the Supreme V3 aluminium vape, which was tested at mega high temperatures without evidence of offgassing.

Yet the reaction still occured. I have the craziest allergies and sensitivities. So much is still not understood about how allergies work, but it is more complex than thought. I have some guesses- I know allergies operate on the vibrational level, and I wonder if the energetic signature of a hot metal like aluminium can be imparted into the heated air?

Just a theory anyway. All I know is I need to avoid aluminium in a vape at all costs.
The Square I am really interested in, so thanks for putting my mind fully at rest there.

Edit- sorry forgot also, a few people have asked about the non-stick. These words normally (in relation to teflon cooking apparatus) scream to me...run a mile!
I assume you are just using terminology. But some clarity would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

radiant34

Thank you that ia what I was hoping to hear. I hear you on the offgassing, however I had a vefy severe but genuine allergic reaction to the Supreme V3 aluminium vape, which was tested at mega high temperatures without evidence of offgassing.

Yet the reaction still occured. I have the craziest allergies and sensitivities. So much is still not understood about how allergies work, but it is more complex than thought. I have some guesses- I know allergies operate on the vibrational level, and I wonder if the energetic signature of a hot metal like aluminium can be imparted into the heated air?

Just a theory anyway. All I know is I need to avoid aluminium in a vape at all costs.
The Square I am really interested in, so thanks for putting my mind fully at rest there.
most vapes are used with aluminum heating(mighty,volcano, many of the snb products) as-well as ceramic and nicr, kanthal coil variations and the occasional Heat bulb. Most vapes on the market are not FDA approved. So the fact that they got their product checked out by the regulatory agency says something. Sorry about the allergies. I'm not a big fan of ceramic rods as heating chambers as I'm also very sensitive to that stuff

radiant34,
Reactions: Alexis

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer

Edit- sorry forgot also, a few people have asked about the non-stick. These words normally (in relation to teflon cooking apparatus) scream to me...run a mile!
I assume you are just using terminology. But some clarity would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance
The outside housing is made of Aluminum. If you are that sensitive to Aluminum, Square may not be the product for you. I would recommend plastic instead. We have the V3 with plastic housing which may serve you better. Please check that product out.

Alexis

The outside housing is made of Aluminum. If you are that sensitive to Aluminum, Square may not be the product for you. I would recommend plastic instead. We have the V3 with plastic housing which may serve you better. Please check that product out.
Thanks. I think it should be okay. It should not be any problem as it is not heated, and plays no part in the heating and extraction process.
With the Supreme, it was the way he air was heated, passing ovet the super hot metal, which caused the mysterious alchemy which I doubt I will ever understand.

I think your Square model should be okay, thank you for your reply.

marduk

daydreamer
Is it just me, or does it look like there's a scratch in the coating or whatever it is on the upper right pod in this pic from VC? Shiny stainless steel peeking through, or optical illusion of some kind?

j6g9qu0eq8is73c3.jpeg

Zondo

Just that dude
Is it just me, or does it look like there's a scratch in the coating or whatever it is on the upper right pod in this pic from VC? Shiny stainless steel peeking through, or optical illusion of some kind?

j6g9qu0eq8is73c3.jpeg
You've got a point. Based on the rest of the debris, it has no shadow. So, definitely looks like the metal is showing.

Zondo,
Top Bottom