Discontinued Haze Square

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
So even the black outer surface of the haze tray is steel? Is that soakable in ISO? Anything with a black finish tends to scare me with solvents.

Is the entire heater ceramic? No wires or anything in the path? What's the polymer in that mouthpiece o-ring I thought I saw? Not meaning to give you the third degree but I really need an exhaustive list of materials in the vapor path :)

As above, definitely make a GonG, many of us will not buy a vape that doesn't offer this functionality.

Yes the heater is ceramic and coil is Ni-200. The tray and all metals used on the tray can be soaked in ISO. The o ring around the mpc is made of same food grade silicone as V3 but it is only on the outside surface of the mpc to ensure that the mpc is not wobbly.

We will certainly make GonG attachments but the design is TBD.

Thanks again.

herbivore21

Yes the heater is ceramic and coil is Ni-200. The tray and all metals used on the tray can be soaked in ISO. The o ring around the mpc is made of same food grade silicone as V3 but it is only on the outside surface of the mpc to ensure that the mpc is not wobbly.

We will certainly make GonG attachments but the design is TBD.

Thanks again.
Great news! I have no problem with the silicone o-ring on the outside of the mouthpiece like that :)

BTW, what is the actual mouthpiece made of? That looks like plastic? Is there any plastic in this unit and if so, where and what specific plastic is used?

I am guessing the coil needs to be replaced with time because the Ni-200 degrades with too many cycles? Is there a way for the customer to be able to tell when the coil is nearing end of life?

Last edited:

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Great news! I have no problem with the silicone o-ring on the outside of the mouthpiece like that :)

BTW, what is the actual mouthpiece made of? That looks like plastic? Is there any plastic in this unit and if so, where and what specific plastic is used?

I am guessing the coil needs to be replaced with time because the Ni-200 degrades with too many cycles? Is there a way for the customer to be able to tell when the coil is nearing end of life?
The mpc is also steel. No plastic was used on the device. Coils will require replacement every 6 - 9 months or so when they go out but they will cost few bucks.

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
Hello,

Yes the battery is easily replaceable and we will make batteries available to customers. The coil Ni-200 is not in the vapor path.

Have a great weekend.

Two great answers!

Couple other questions. About the 10 second heat up time, is the heater only activated when you press the center button and is it safe to assume that us from a abient temperature of 70°F?

Are the silicone gaskets going to be bought separately in case they are broken or lost?

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Two great answers!

Couple other questions. About the 10 second heat up time, is the heater only activated when you press the center button and is it safe to assume that us from a abient temperature of 70°F?

Are the silicone gaskets going to be bought separately in case they are broken or lost?
Great question. This also will answer the previous fellow FC member's comment. Yes, the heater is only activated while pushing the center button. That's why we used the term Heat On Demand instead of claiming an instant extraction. It is not a session vaporizer like the Haze Dual V3 which constantly extracts from the chamber while the unit is on. The 10 second heat up time only applies when you are heating the chamber for the first time from room temperature. The consequtive heat ups will take 1-2 seconds between draws (assuming that you are actively using the device and you are not letting it cool down to room temperature). We will have all visible parts available and replaceable. The unit does not use any gaskets that can be lost or removed regularly other than the concentrate canister lids but all these will be available as spare accessories. Thank you for the question.

Mr. Me2

Great question. This also will answer the previous fellow FC member's comment. Yes, the heater is only activated while pushing the center button. That's why we used the term Heat On Demand instead of claiming an instant extraction. It is not a session vaporizer like the Haze Dual V3 which constantly extracts from the chamber while the unit is on. The 10 second heat up time only applies when you are heating the chamber for the first time from room temperature. The consequtive heat ups will take 1-2 seconds between draws (assuming that you are actively using the device and you are not letting it cool down to room temperature). We will have all visible parts available and replaceable. The unit does not use any gaskets that can be lost or removed regularly other than the concentrate canister lids but all these will be available as spare accessories. Thank you for the question.
How quickly does it cool down after a full heat up? Will there be residual "cooking" during cool down?

Thx for your continuing attention and info, especially on a Sunday! Much appreciated!!!

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
How quickly does it cool down after a full heat up? Will there be residual "cooking" during cool down?

Thx for your continuing attention and info, especially on a Sunday! Much appreciated!!!
It is my pleasure. I am not aware of a definite data on exact total cool down time yet but there is no radiant heat that is high enough to cook your herb while the button is not pushed. If i need to estimate a total cool down time, i would guess it as 10-15 mins but this is a guess at this time.

Mr. Me2

It is my pleasure. I am not aware of a definite data on exact total cool down time yet but there is no radiant heat that is high enough to cook your herb while the button is not pushed. If i need to estimate a total cool down time, i would guess it as 10-15 mins but this is a guess at this time.
No radiant heat is what really matters, of course!

damm

And how about the air path?
Is the intake air heated by touching the coil?
Thanks
Looking at a few video's i saw today on youtube. I am guessing the coil heats up the container which holds your product

It would be convection if you call it that because of the air coming into the chamber that's heated. However I haven't seen a video of it actually being used :(

P.S. I am referring to the Champs Video's

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Nope, check the Bud Toaster and the Vapolution 2, they both qualify as "mostly convection" and the air never travels over the heating element. Only glass is exposed.

In the same manner all halogen vapes have an isolated heater. Ex: Herbie, Venus, Appollo etc.

It's perfectly possible to isolate the heating element but it's more power hungry. You have to transfer energy through an insulator (usually air or glass) and into a heatsink. So it's hard to make these designs really "on demand", as you need a pre-heat phase (even with say a 50W power source)

Now one could argue whether a metal resistive wire encapsulated into ceramic qualifies as isolated from the air path or not. In which case all ceramic cartridge heater vapes like logs and LSV would do.

Here if we are talking about a glowing red metal coil directly in the airpath, we are more in the ESV / Firefly / Milaana / MVTouch / The Project category.

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Really liking the innovation coming from Haze.

They definitely have products coming out with unique features.

The H² looks awesome and I love the idea of having 4x ready to go bowls.

The Merger is interesting, I don't know if I need to do a 70%/30% (for example) mix of two different materials/strains/whatever, but I like the idea I can.

It's gonna be another expensive VAS year. Sigh....

Top Bottom