• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

scottg402

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!!!

I am pleased to announce that we are taking preorders on the Ed's waterpipe attachments for the Haze Dual V3.

Check it out:
nhBjqyR.jpg

This beauty is handcrafted by the man himself, Ed, from @Ed's TnT ! It is made from African Blackwood which is an exclusive color to Haze. It has a universal fit to all versions of the Haze. As you can see it has a step-down shaft. I have tested this myself and it is plenty strong to hold the unit.

I spoke to Ed this morning and he is working on the last of our first batch and we hope to have them in stock next week. We are taking orders now and will be ship them as soon as we receive them.

Please let me know of any questions and special thanks to Ed for making this happen! Great work as usual my friend!

Check it out here.

Last edited:

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero

I am pleased to announce that we are taking preorders on the Ed's waterpipe attachments for the Haze Dual V3.

Check it out:
nhBjqyR.jpg

This beauty is handcrafted by the man himself, Ed, from @Ed's TnT ! It is made from African Blackwood which is an exclusive color to Haze. It has a universal fit to all versions of the Haze. As you can see it has a step-down shaft. I have tested this myself and it is plenty strong to hold the unit.

I spoke to Ed this morning and he is working on the last of our first batch and we hope to have them in stock next week. We are taking orders now and will be ship them as soon as we receive them.

Please let me know of any questions and special thanks to Ed for making this happen! Great work as usual my friend!

Check it out here.
that is awesome! Love how it made it compatible with the old and the new... brilliant

absolutely awesome job @Ed's TnT

Last edited:

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I'm really digging the new esthetics @Ed's TnT added to the new WonG. I'll be wanting one for sure!

@scottg402 That's cool but I've never had any difficulty with the O.G. wong. Nor should I with the new one. Just twist then pull. Simple mechanics really. No joint lube needed ova here. I guess I'm just a natural ......lol, heyyyyy. :razz:

Last edited:

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
Ok I got my V3 today and before I use it I have some questions about the charger. The USB port does not charge my tablet. As far as I can tell it is not putting out any juice. Is there anything I need to do to get this working? Also what is the plug next to where the power cord plugs in for? Thanks.

Hubs88,

scottg402

Ok I got my V3 today and before I use it I have some questions about the charger. The USB port does not charge my tablet. As far as I can tell it is not putting out any juice. Is there anything I need to do to get this working? Also what is the plug next to where the power cord plugs in for? Thanks.
The USB charging port only works if you have the charger unplugged. It will then draw power out of your batteries to charge whatever device you have plugged into the USB port. Plug the AC cord back in and your are back to charging your batteries.

The port next to the power plug is for the car charger. The car charger and home charger both use the same base.

Hope you enjoy the unit!

Hey @scottg402 i am seeing, what I think is a little residue, in the small whole that's in the bottom of my ovens. I am careful that no herb spills in the ovens and so I don't know how it's getting there and how to clean or even if I should clean or worry about it etc....

scottg402

Hey @scottg402 i am seeing, what I think is a little residue, in the small whole that's in the bottom of my ovens. I am careful that no herb spills in the ovens and so I don't know how it's getting there and how to clean or even if I should clean or worry about it etc....
Hi Alexis, I am guessing you are using screens as opposed to cans?

If you are grinding really fine you could try doing it a bit more course and that might help.

If the residue is particulate you can blow into the mouthpiece channel like I said a few post back. Make sure you have the switch open to the oven you are trying to clean. You can also suck it out with a straw or vacuum as @Vitolo suggested a few posts back.

If it's resinous build up you are going to want to take care of that right away before it gets more sticky and you risk clogging the hole. That is your cool air intake so you need to keep that open.

Try cleaning it when the oven is warm (don't burn yourself tho). ISO alcohol and q tip or use the tweezers we provide and an alcohol prep pad. That should clean it up nice. I posted full cleaning instructions and a video a few pages back. You can probably search cleaning on this thread only and by my name and it should come up easy. I'd post the link but I thought this might be a good opportunity to teach a new user to navigate the forum.

The key is staying on top of your maintenance. The longer you let it go the more difficult it becomes and it you really let it go you could have performance issues and your meds taste like poo poo. :)

Let me know if you have more questions.

Hagbard Celine

Apologies if this has been covered. Just received my Haze V3. I was a little surprised that it came with just one of each of the dry herb and concentrate canisters. For some reason I thought it was going to come with 2 of each. But that's my fault for not looking more closely at the order details.

My questions: I'm curious if anyone has tried using dry herb in the concentrate canisters. What was the experience like in comparison to the dry canisters? Does it work at all?

And also: Are the dry herb canisters and concentrate canisters identical other than the lids they use? I likely would only be needing the dry canisters so I'm wondering if I buy some accessory package that includes both types of canisters, and then just buy some extra lids for the dry canisters, if that would do the trick.

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
The USB charging port only works if you have the charger unplugged. It will then draw power out of your batteries to charge whatever device you have plugged into the USB port. Plug the AC cord back in and your are back to charging your batteries.

Hope you enjoy the unit!
Now I understand, that's not what I was expecting. I thought it was an AC charger lol.

Has anyone ever commented that the design of this vape is for a left handed person? When I hold it in my right hand the oven door swings down. With the plastic click latches on the door I think it's just a matter of time before I get two hot cans in my lap. On a future design I would like to see a magnetic latch on the oven door and have it swing up to open. Also there should be a way to turn the unit off without having to mess around with the mp. This is a feature I like on the Ascent, when I'm vaping I don't like to fidget with it.

I'm not sure if I'll ever use this vape. Too many things going on and not in a good way. They're only new once and this is an expensive paper weight. I like the concept and will be looking for changes in the future that will make it user friendly for me.

Hubs88,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
@Hagbard Celine the canisters are the same. It's just the tops that cover them that are different.

@Hubs88 the oven door is secure. The only way you will have hot cans in your lap is if you are not paying attention to what you are doing. The oven door already opens up toward the sky every time. Regardless of what hand you hold it in you have to face it right side up to load the Haze. As for "to many things going on" The Haze has less to look at and mess with when compared to my/many other portables. For a solution to your mouth piece compliant just push it down into the AP and shut the Haze off. Pretty easy, right. My Ascent was sold because my Haze was a more enjoyable experience over all. So I need to ask you how much time did you spend with your new V3? Because you would be the first that I know of here calling it a paper weight. Remember all vaporizers have their own learning curves. I hope you give it another go and let the Haze work for you. Don't let frustrations rule you my friend. Best regards and cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

scottg402

Apologies if this has been covered. Just received my Haze V3. I was a little surprised that it came with just one of each of the dry herb and concentrate canisters. For some reason I thought it was going to come with 2 of each. But that's my fault for not looking more closely at the order details.

My questions: I'm curious if anyone has tried using dry herb in the concentrate canisters. What was the experience like in comparison to the dry canisters? Does it work at all?

And also: Are the dry herb canisters and concentrate canisters identical other than the lids they use? I likely would only be needing the dry canisters so I'm wondering if I buy some accessory package that includes both types of canisters, and then just buy some extra lids for the dry canisters, if that would do the trick.

Hi Hagbard,

The Haze has never come with more than 2 cans. They used to be the same with two OG silicone lids and as you know it now comes with one new silicone concentrate lid and one stainless steel dry herb lid.

When the concentrate lids came out I tried them quite a bit with dry herb and found I liked the OG silicone lids better. However now I find I like the stainless dry herb lids better although I sense the vapor is a bit warmer with them. There are all kinds of opinions on lid preference. One of the things I find cool about the Haze. And yes the cans are identical on the bottom. Only the lids differ and they are offered separately here.

Please let me know of any questions. Thank you for choosing the Haze!

Now I understand, that's not what I was expecting. I thought it was an AC charger lol.

Has anyone ever commented that the design of this vape is for a left handed person? When I hold it in my right hand the oven door swings down. With the plastic click latches on the door I think it's just a matter of time before I get two hot cans in my lap. On a future design I would like to see a magnetic latch on the oven door and have it swing up to open. Also there should be a way to turn the unit off without having to mess around with the mp. This is a feature I like on the Ascent, when I'm vaping I don't like to fidget with it.

I'm not sure if I'll ever use this vape. Too many things going on and not in a good way. They're only new once and this is an expensive paper weight. I like the concept and will be looking for changes in the future that will make it user friendly for me.

Hi @Hubs88 your comments lead me to believe you should have done a bit more research before selecting a vaporizer. You said you read the thread? Yes $250 is indeed a lot of expense and there are a lot of choices. It is my opinion that the Haze stacks up well to other vaporizers at this price point but everyone has an opinion and we don't market this as the vape for everyone. We want happy Haze owners and that paperweight statement don't sound happy. :(

We market versatility and yes that comes with a lot of parts. Some people appreciate the value in that.

I have been using this vape longer than most anyone and I've never had to hot cans in my lap. An alternative would be to let them cool in the Haze before you remove them.

Vaporizers can be dangerous if handled carelessly. I think that is true for many of our competitors as well.

I agree with your comments on it being lefty biased. I really don't know the reason for that but it's going on my board. I hate to do it to you lefties but I'm thinking there are more righties in the Haze family. One of you are welcome to create a pole if you disagree.

Not sure a magnet is going to work anytime quickly with the current design but if we do an overhaul on the door we'll consider it.

I am also not opposed with being able to turn it off without the switch. That will also go on the board and it's been mentioned here before.

If you haven't used the unit and you'd like a refund we can discuss. Just shoot me a PM. If you have used it there is no taking it back. Either way I would encourage you to really give it a shot before you give up so easy. There are many happy Haze owners here and some vapes take some time to appreciate. Hopefully this is the situation with you and the Haze.

Last edited:

blackstone

Hi I'm just comparing notes for my next purchase undecided, but what is the lowest amount you can get away with using at any one time or are there any tips tricks for using small amounts.
I heard the bowl is around 0.25g, but that the cart makes it a bit less, and you can 75% fill a cart maybe less? Or did someone say it works quite well with 0.1 or less in there?
I find it hard to judge the size of the cart and bowl from pictures and videos but it's an important point for me.
Small bowls are where it's at in my zone!
If I allow myself 1 gram a day, how many times max am I gonna be able to hit it daily?
Obviously it would only be four times if I fill the main bowls full?

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Wow!!!!!!

I thought I wanted the Haze Vaporizer .

After reading through this thread with all the amazing people....

I need the HAZE ....

I'm wanting to be a member of this epic family of passionate Vaporists.

The PIF program just brought tears to my eyes.

This community continues to blow my mind.

Huge props to The HAZE Family, @scottg402 @Vitolo and everybody that contributes.

I myself, would be in a very bad condition of it were not for folks like y'all.

My first DBV took 2 months of penny pinching to obtain, my second one was graciously gifted to me.
50+% of grow gear... Donated.
All of my glass...Donated
D-Nail...Donated and currently acting as an expensive paper-weight since starting my vapor journey.

The Bubble Bags that gave me my identity and sparked a very serious passion ...Donated

So.... Much respect is in order to all of those participating in this amazing program.

Peace guys and big huge respect :clap:

scottg402

Hi I'm just comparing notes for my next purchase undecided, but what is the lowest amount you can get away with using at any one time or are there any tips tricks for using small amounts.
I heard the bowl is around 0.25g, but that the cart makes it a bit less, and you can 75% fill a cart maybe less? Or did someone say it works quite well with 0.1 or less in there?
I find it hard to judge the size of the cart and bowl from pictures and videos but it's an important point for me.
Small bowls are where it's at in my zone!
If I allow myself 1 gram a day, how many times max am I gonna be able to hit it daily?
Obviously it would only be four times if I fill the main bowls full?

Hi Blackstone,

I'm pretty much a filler up guy but I'm pretty sure the are some folks who can comment on the lighter load. Thanks for checking us out!

Wow!!!!!!

I thought I wanted the Haze Vaporizer .

After reading through this thread with all the amazing people....

I need the HAZE ....

I'm wanting to be a member of this epic family of passionate Vaporists.

The PIF program just brought tears to my eyes.

This community continues to blow my mind.

Huge props to The HAZE Family, @scottg402 @Vitolo and everybody that contributes.

I myself, would be in a very bad condition of it were not for folks like y'all.

My first DBV took 2 months of penny pinching to obtain, my second one was graciously gifted to me.
50+% of grow gear... Donated.
All of my glass...Donated
D-Nail...Donated and currently acting as an expensive paper-weight since starting my vapor journey.

The Bubble Bags that gave me my identity and sparked a very serious passion ...Donated

So.... Much respect is in order to all of those participating in this amazing program.

Peace guys and big huge respect :clap:

Thanks Hashtag46&2, it will be great to have you here. Let me know when you're ready!

mikeben

Check it out:
nhBjqyR.jpg

Check it out here.
Going to get one for sure. I contacted Ed already so I may get this through him direct as I want a V3 wood stem to go with it, plus his butter.

BTW I am brand new to adding water to my vapor.
With this attachment would all I need is my bong?
Would getting a smaller one make be a better bet with the Haze or does it matter?
Also how do I know if I have a 14 mm or an 18mm?
Last would the best thing to use with water be dry herb with the Haze turned up high?
Any videos of a Haze with a Ed piece would be great too. Thanks in advance to those Haze-ED fans who are willing to offer help.

scottg402

Going to get one for sure. I contacted Ed already so I may get this through him direct as I want a V3 wood stem to go with it, plus his butter.

BTW I am brand new to adding water to my vapor.
With this attachment would all I need is my bong?
Would getting a smaller one make be a better bet with the Haze or does it matter?
Also how do I know if I have a 14 mm or an 18mm?
Last would the best thing to use with water be dry herb with the Haze turned up high?
Any videos of a Haze with a Ed piece would be great too. Thanks in advance to those Haze-ED fans who are willing to offer help.
I would recommend you find your glass first and then think about the adapter. There are a lot of inexpensive options on this thread to look at. It takes a few weeks usually to arrive from China but the quality is usually decent for the money. The folks on that thread can help find the right one for you and direct you to the most reputable seller.

As far as the size it depends on your glass fitting but there are adapters for everything should you need to convert it.

I don't think there is any difference in the hole diameter so the restriction should be the same. Maybe @Ed's TnT can verify that.

People turn it up so they can milk that glass. This is especially true for videos. It also releases different medicinal goodies so that may make a difference to you.

There are a number of videos with the Ed's gear on this thread but nothing with the universal adapter. I'm sure it won't be long though.

rshetts

@ hubs88: I just wanted to add some info on your "oven door" issue. I have never heard of the oven door accidentally opening and dumping hot cans on anyone. The oven door is extremely secure. There also a proper, easy way to open it. Face the latch away from you, place your palm on the back of the haze and gently pop the lid up with your fingers. The mouthpiece design serves a function, in that you can store it inside the unit. The trade off is that you either need to pull it or push it down into the airway to shut the unit off. It really is not an issue for most and it seems like you are expecting the Haze to be like an Ascent. It is not, its an entirely different animal. There is one way to turn off the unit without messing with the mouthpiece and that is to pop the battery out. Im really not sure why the mouthpiece set up is an issue. I cant think of a scenario where pulling the mp out to shut off the unit is a big issue but then Ive been using a Haze for quite awhile and its all second nature to me now. Anyway, like anything the Haze is not perfect for everyone. Since you've only had it a few days, there's likely some things that you just are not used to about it. If you use it for awhile, I think you'll find its an excellent vape with features that you don't find on other vapes. If after a week or two of usage, it does not appeal to you, then its just probably not the right vape for you. In that case, the Haze is still not a paperweight, you can always try to sell it through the classifieds here and recover some of your expense. Hopefully some of this information helps you to better enjoy your Haze. Good luck to you, either way it goes!

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
@Hubs88 the oven door is secure. The only way you will have hot cans in your lap is if you are not paying attention to what you are doing. The oven door already opens up toward the sky every time. Regardless of what hand you hold it in you have to face it right side up to load the Haze. For a solution to your mouth piece compliant just push it down into the AP and shut the Haze off. Pretty easy, right. My Ascent was sold because my Haze was a more enjoyable experience over all. So I need to ask you how much time did you spend with your new V3? Because you would be the first that I know of here calling it a paper weight.

It may be secure for now but plastic click latches wear out and become loose over time. That is why I suggested a magnetic latch.This vape can not be used by a right handed person without the oven being upside down when taking a draw. This is when a loose door is going to open no matter how much attention I'm paying. After vaping I don't want to deal with this just like I don't want to fidget with the mp after every session. For me these are design flaws and the excitement of using this vape is gone.

I am also not opposed with being able to turn it off without the switch.
I think this would be an easy fix. Just have five push button clicks, one for each temp setting and one for off.

If you haven't used the unit and you'd like a refund we can discuss.
That is very generous of you. The vape has not been used but I'll keep it as a backup for when my other vapes die.

ratsnest37

For what it's worth: As a rightie, I kind of like the design - I can hold the haze in my left hand and vape, while still having my right hand free (for artwork, my drink, my phone, the remote....)... :)
So true Kimmers and as far as I know you can hold the V3 anyway you want upside down, left, right, sideways or whatever ... it ALWAYS works.

scottg402

So true Kimmers and as far as I know you can hold the V3 anyway you want upside down, left, right, sideways or whatever ... it ALWAYS works.

Yes with dry herb it doesn't matter and I often hold it with my right hand using the bridge technique anyway.

Besides, I don't think any of these things are reasons to put the Haze on the shelf. However that's just my opinion and I don't have $250 to drop on a vape I don't intend to use.

Last edited:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
...holding it left-handed just feels right to me (I'm right-handed).

I think for me it goes back to my combustion days when I would always hold a pipe with my left hand and light it with my right hand. It always felt most comfortable for me for whatever reason...:shrug::nod:

thotfulspot

I guess I don't understand the difference between right and left handed. I'm left handed an hold it in my right hand. All you have to do is rotate the Haze so the door is on the top. I always use the door up in either hand. The stem is pretty much in the middle so it can easily work with the door up in either hand.

If it is left handed than great. I have to deal with too many other things that are right handed biased. :tup:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

I'll take it off your hands if your interested friend! :tup:. As far as the left handed thing I use it both handed with my tube and it is a nice warm in the morning at 430am break:nod:

Top Bottom