• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
@Hubs88 I have to call you out here. You've not even used the Haze. Thus cannot make a educated comment to the longevity of the lid latch. I've open and closed the lid on one of my Haze's over 20 times a day for over a year now. It's as tight as it was the first day it came from the factory. Not to mention this is not my first snap type latch experience with something I've owned. I'm also sure the Haze engineer's had the forward thinking to design a safe and secure door for it's users. So...you don't like it fine by me. I get it. To each their own. But your reasoning is somewhat unreasonable. I'm right handed and do not have to turn the device face down while holding the Haze in my right hand. I'll be happy to make a video demonstrating the technique. It's pretty straight forward really. I hold the Haze anyway I please and it always works great for me. Again all you have to do is push or pull on the MP which takes less than half a second. Pretty fast and simple for vape operations to commence. If anything, you do have one nice back up to turn to if it's ever needed. Or something that many others world like take off your hands in sure. Cheers! :cheers:

Lokimlin

I'm a lefty and find myself holding it with my right hand quite often. I agree with the folks who said it's good to have your dominant hand free to do other things.

Also I think it's a little unfair to make judgements on the haze before you have even tried it out. That's similar to buying a car and going "yeah it looks like it'll give me some trouble, so I'm not going to even turn the thing on. I'll just leave it in the garage even though hundreds of other people say it works great."

That sounded a bit rude, I apologize. I get a little bit too excited about new toys sometimes and like to show off. As others have said it is a good back up if you ever get curious about it, I use mine daily and once you get over the slight learning curve it's a breeze.

Last edited:

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
OK I get it already, everyone enjoys their V3 using either hand and no one wants to hear how I would improve it. A lesson learned about big boys and their toys. I didn't buy this vape to have it go unused so I'm putting it in rotation with my other vapes. It is a sweet looking unit with a backward design for me, not the end of the world. Vape session soon to come.

woolspinner

OK I get it already, everyone enjoys their V3 using either hand and no one wants to hear how I would improve it. A lesson learned about big boys and their toys. I didn't buy this vape to have it go unused so I'm putting it in rotation with my other vapes. It is a sweet looking unit with a backward design for me, not the end of the world. Vape session soon to come.
I did like your button off idea, though. I assume there is some mechanical or cost reason why they do not, but it would be nice.

I am a righty, and hold right or left. I only vape at 2 or 3, so it never gets too hot to hold in right hand.

I do agree that perhaps the reaction was a wee harsh, although I, too, am mystified as to how you are ending up with hot cans in your lap unless there is a defect in your particular unit. Maybe I misread your post, tho.

My B-I-L would not let me send Haze in before our trip, he wanted to bring it with us. He really likes it. I hope wit Haze help I can get him off combustion entirely. He loves the body high from bong hits too much, though, even if it is the non-medical junk doing it. He has a lot of back pain and seems to have a naturally high tolerance.

@scottg402 I guess I misunderstood about not sticking anything in the oven hole. I avoid touching it when I clean. When I get home I will try very hard to clean it up. I use screens exclusively. I have been terrified to even get ISO in the hole because I worried about short circuiting it.

woolspinner,
Reactions: scottg402

rshetts

Since you stated that you hadnt even used the unit, most of us who chimed in were just trying to explain why it wasnt as you put it, a "paperweight". We have always welcomed ideas on improving the Haze here and in fact many of the suggestions made in this very thread found their way into the V3. So feel free to state your opinions here. Understand that others may have a differing opinion and they are likely to chime in, as well. When they do, remember, its not an assault or an insult, its just an opinion. In most cases they are trying to be helpful. Heres hoping that once you use your Haze for awhile it turns out to be better than expected for you. If not, as I said earlier, you can try to sell it here at FC and recover some of your cost. As you said, its not the end of the world. Happy vaping!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You're taking away the wrong lesson, I think. I'm pretty sure at least @scottg402 is interested in your ideas, and no doubt others are too. I hope you read what @rshetts had to say in the post above because he nailed it.

The way you hold the Haze is personal, the quality of the oven door latch is not. It's a property that has yet to be determined. So far, the latch seems to be holding up pretty well. The Haze is a terrific vapourizer so using it is a great idea. If you like it then you'll figure out something.

I have been terrified to even get ISO in the hole because I worried about short circuiting it.

To ease your concern, you won't short circuit anything if you don't have the power on, and if you're applying ISO you probably don't. ISO dries rapidly so even if it got in the hole, you'd be okay to apply power after only a few minutes.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Hubs88 If you don't think you will like this unit and haven't used it yet, I read that @scottg402 had offered a solution so you could return it. I'm surprised you didn't jump at the chance.

You sound so disappointed referring to it as a paperweight. I can understand disappointment especially on something that costs over $200. That's the chance that everyone takes when ordering a vaporizer.:2c:

I've read through quite a bit of this thread, it sounds awesome and am looking forward to ordering one when the time is right.

If a person really likes a vaporizer, they tend to be very protective about it. I fully understand everyone's feelings. You stated what you didn't like about the Haze and you hadn't even used it yet. You might be surprised.;)

Last edited:

thotfulspot

So, does anyone use hash in their Haze? I'm trying different concentrates to see what works best in the Haze and for me. When my brain let's me remember back as far as college, it worked best in chunks. It seems like breaking it up works better in the Haze.

What temperature level do you use? I've been experimenting with level 2 and 3. Chunks on 3 turn black and don't seem to do much unless it is broken up.

duckTape

So, does anyone use hash in their Haze? I'm trying different concentrates to see what works best in the Haze and for me. When my brain let's me remember back as far as college, it worked best in chunks. It seems like breaking it up works better in the Haze.

What temperature level do you use? I've been experimenting with level 2 and 3. Chunks on 3 turn black and don't seem to do much unless it is broken up.

That's mostly what I use and the Haze is amazing at vaporizing it! I'm surprised how cost effective it becomes in a vaporizer!

What I do is;
If the hash is a bit dry and hard, I warm it up a little bit just to make it a bit more "clay'ish". That way I can easily flatten it out using my steel grinder to roll over it. This makes it vaporize perfectly even :)

And when you want to clean the chamber I suggest warming it up for 10-15 seconds in the vaporizer so that it is easy to scrape out ;)

I'm preferring to do a temp climb. First 5 minutes on level one to get all terps/taste, then gradually work your way up. I usually stop at level 2 unless I use water. If I'm in a hurry I start at level 2, maybe 3, depending on how fast I need it ;)

mikeben

I use hash a lot in it. Since I have had it, I had a slightly sticker hash and now have a chalkier hash. Both worked great in my Haze but I find larger pieces seem to work the best. Of course large is relative. Even with me chipping away at it almost daily it lasts a very long time. Higher settings worked best mostly 3 and finish at 4. I usually put some crumbs in too. All are vaped nicely and I try to clean it out while the ovens are still slightly warm. Not hard to get out at all really. A little cleaning needed sometimes after a session, but that goes for dry herb too.

mixchu69

It works but it can get messy. You could try the S & B pads like @PeteSeattle
From what I heard they have titanium pads for Herbie you could try too. I haven't been following in a few days, are you having probs with your silicone lids?
Not at all. Just wondering if the all stainless steel gives a different taste than the silicone lids. I do not have the v3 yet, but purchased the upgrade program recently.

PeteSeattle

Not at all. Just wondering if the all stainless steel gives a different taste than the silicone lids. I do not have the v3 yet, but purchased the upgrade program recently.
There was an initial taste but went away. Make sure it's a pad made for vaping and not steel wool from the hardware strore. You have to fully vape your shatter before removing the ss (don't have to vape it all in one sitting) or it will be messy. How can I tell? No more vapor. Not the perfect method but it works.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that VapeWorld is having a storewide 20% off sale with the code FALL20. I wanted to get one for a friend, so I called them to see what version they had. The representative told me that if you order online, they were shipping out the 2.5 version. However, if you order by phone and request the V3, you can get one with the discount. I got an orchid one for $199.

The sale only runs for another day or two, so if any of you are thinking of pulling the trigger, now is the time!

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I've used Hash in all Haze versions minus the V3 and that will be changing here in the next couple of weeks. They all worked great. For the how to....I think the type of product plays to the (what works better) factor. Like should you break it up. Press it out or just toss in a chunk. I Like to try out all load variations. I do this because it allows me to find the best technique with each particular concentrate. I also apply this method to my flowers/various stains as well. By the way the Haze vaporizer works with ALL concentrates. I Like to temp step on concentrates at times. However the sweet spots for these are settings 3 and 4. For me personally I usually go for the heavy effects thus straight to setting 4 on many of my sessions. This goes for flowers too. I still manage to at least step one can a session because I love smelling it heat up and the different flavor blooms and effects that arise from temp stepping. Well it's time for me to spend some time with my Haze. More later, cheers all!:cheers:

woolspinner

I took you all at your word and fearlessly cleaned the oven hole. I even went so far as to take a small piece of cotton, soak in ISO, wring out, stuff half into hole using toothpick, then grab the top with tweezers and rotate in the opening. Man! That stuff was really inhibiting the oven performance. I was getting tons of vapor on setting 1 after I cleaned that hole.

Also, by vaping a little from the chamber I wanted to clean, and then cleaning hot, I even got some of the baked on residue out of the chamber bottom!

Thanks, everyone!

Mainoffender

My new V3 arrived a week ago and I couldn't be more pleased. It's been quite a journey but Scott managed to make it as painless as possible for a lot of reasons. I owned a V2.5 and enjoyed it for a few months before problems with the switch finally made it inoperable. I posted my comments and Scott messaged me to suggest waiting a few weeks to send it in as the V3 release was close. Great advice and I took it of course. Waited for the initial rush to calm down and sent my old Haze off and waited for my new V3. Haze fired it off right away and wouldn't you know it Canada Customs decided to hold it for 5 days. Finally received my V3 and after trying it for the first time it was a defective. Runs really hot and has a funky taste. Don't know the reason and I'm sure it was a fluke as I haven't read about any others being defective? After trying a few things at Scott's suggestion an exchange was in order and a new Haze was in my hands in less than a week (no Customs problems this time). My first impression was how good it feels compared to the 2.5. The new materials are a big step up. I can't believe the mouthpiece re-design works but it really does. I only use cans with herb (no access to concentrates) and the new temps work perfectly. However they only work perfectly with my old silicone lids for some reason? Having trouble with the new SS lids and I'm not sure why? They work okay but not as well as the old lids? I don't know if it's the tighter seal silicone offers or the fact that 2 of the 9 holes on the SS tab gets blocked if the lid is closed flush with the can. Then again it might just be a matter of preference and mine is silicone. It's the vapour inside that counts and the V3 delivers big time.
One last thing. We had a federal election in Canada last night and the winners are the only party that ran promising coast to coast legalisation for marijuana use. No details on how yet but promising non the less.

virtualpurple

I brought my Haze V3 to a buddy's house tonight as I had been hyping it up for awhile. I showed off the flavor and respectable vapor for one draw apiece on level one and then shot us straight up to 4 and watched his eyes get huge in surprise of how fast and densely the Haze filled out my FC-UFO, which as may of you know can hold an impressive amount.

He's having trouble justifying the cost right at the moment, but I predict this portable in his future (And he's had free reign of my collection of portables).

Top Bottom