• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Halo by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

neoncheesecake

Hoping the recent posts of heady atlases on CC's instagram means he's back up and running safely, also hoping that means more halos and atlases being made! excited to see more of these beautiful devices, and to receive my halo eventually :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hoping the recent posts of heady atlases on CC's instagram means he's back up and running safely, also hoping that means more halos and atlases being made! excited to see more of these beautiful devices, and to receive my halo eventually :)

Yeah he did a bunch before getting ready to move, now he'll be in process of moving, and getting set up in the new space, but then soon he can really turn everything out fast!

Shit Snacks

Auction for a really nice one-of-a-kind bowl going on at CC Instagram now:

sparrowman

Is it a problem to run above 9.75v? I'd like to use the glass elev8r bowl but I think it's a bit long, doesn't quite provide enough heat.

One option would be to crank the power a little but don't want to damage the halo...

sparrowman,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Hope that means preorders are coming...
Next time I buy a vape I wait for drops only No more preordering for me lol.
I messaged you but got no response, if I’m guessing right and yours is a Olivewood halo will be sent out this Monday with my postal run.
Idk if that is your order but man the Olivewood that was used in the unit I’m referencing is amazing it’s actually curly on the main part of the handle an extremely pleasant surprise from that stock
Is it a problem to run above 9.75v? I'd like to use the glass elev8r bowl but I think it's a bit long, doesn't quite provide enough heat.

One option would be to crank the power a little but don't want to damage the halo...
You can run above 9.75. You could safely run up to 11 but should never really need to go that high.

Shit Snacks

I tried using the elev8r glass screen bowl earlier with mine, it does not fit, it is way too close to the heater, unusable with Halo and Atlas, at least mine... I got rid of that bowl since it was useless for me lol so what you're saying doesn't make any sense to me, but maybe yours is different somehow?? Oh realized you just said glass, you didn't say glass screen, so maybe you're talking about the standard screen elev8r bowl? That one I still have from when I got Halo, but I never use it, hated it (thin glass, no handle, shape)

Shit Snacks,

Texus

For glass offered by third parties, I'm particularly a fan of the XL passthru (or non passthru is nice too) injector bowl for Halo.

Run it at about 9.2V on my REFC DIY ATM power supply (suuuper easy to put together).

Shit Snacks

For glass offered by third parties, I'm particularly a fan of the XL passthru (or non passthru is nice too) injector bowl for Halo.

Run it at about 9.2V on my REFC DIY ATM power supply (suuuper easy to put together).

To clarify, you're talking about the ones from vgoodiez :tup:

neoncheesecake

question: for those with both glass and wood injector bowls, is there a difference in performance between the two?
I ordered a glass CC bowl with my zebrawood halo, but now considering picking up a wooden bowl as well.
I'm thinking the glass bowl will get pretty hot and wondering if that would affect performance? for reference I use my TM through water a lot and notice that the eds tnt WPA gets less hot vs a glass stem at high temps.

neoncheesecake,

Shit Snacks

question: for those with both glass and wood injector bowls, is there a difference in performance between the two?
I ordered a glass CC bowl with my zebrawood halo, but now considering picking up a wooden bowl as well.
I'm thinking the glass bowl will get pretty hot and wondering if that would affect performance? for reference I use my TM through water a lot and notice that the eds tnt WPA gets less hot vs a glass stem at high temps.

Check out the discussion we were just having in the glass thread here

But it's also come up before, the chalice is not my favorite bowl, but the glass is so thick you don't really have to worry about it getting very hot, it also has the handle to hold, but technically yes having glass connection with the male heater joint does steal a tiny bit of heat to the sides, whereas the wood bowl does not steal any heat so you could get a more even extraction without stirring... The wood bowl is just able to have ideal design for extraction and fit with screen and vape, depending on your wood species though, not going to be as pure as glass (but the glass has the honeycomb screen which I am not into unfortunately after all)

neoncheesecake

Check out the discussion we were just having in the glass thread here

But it's also come up before, the chalice is not my favorite bowl, but the glass is so thick you don't really have to worry about it getting very hot, it also has the handle to hold, but technically yes having glass connection with the male heater joint does steal a tiny bit of heat to the sides, whereas the wood bowl does not steal any heat so you could get a more even extraction without stirring... The wood bowl is just able to have ideal design for extraction and fit with screen and vape, depending on your wood species though, not going to be as pure as glass (but the glass has the honeycomb screen which I am not into unfortunately after all)
this is amazingly helpful and glad you guys are having a discussion over there I can comb through!
well shucks, might have to grab a wooden bowl from CC as well. any particular wood suggestions? maybe I'll do a dealers choice :)

Shit Snacks

this is amazingly helpful and glad you guys are having a discussion over there I can comb through!
well shucks, might have to grab a wooden bowl from CC as well. any particular wood suggestions? maybe I'll do a dealers choice :)

Yeah the one I have is olive wood, decent neutrality and beautiful, it has padauk bypass plug, but I often don't use that as I prefer to remove the vape from the bowl after my hit anyway... He is making me one without bypass in orange agate wood to match my cobalt Halo also being made, and a another in curly mango wood bowl to match my spalted curly mango Zenith (although metal joint gets hotter than the glass joints of Halo and Atlas so I may only use my olive with it as its already marked lol)

Anyway so I would suggest you just get a zebra wood bowl to match your Halo? If he is able, I think that should be a pretty decent neutral wood as well?? You can also just ask him for his suggestion based on what he has available what would be the best option :tup:

neoncheesecake

Yeah the one I have is olive wood, decent neutrality and beautiful, it has padauk bypass plug, but I often don't use that as I prefer to remove the vape from the bowl after my hit anyway... He is making me one without bypass in orange agate wood to match my cobalt Halo also being made, and a another in curly mango wood bowl to match my spalted curly mango Zenith (although metal joint gets hotter than the glass joints of Halo and Atlas so I may only use my olive with it as its already marked lol)

Anyway so I would suggest you just get a zebra wood bowl to match your Halo? If he is able, I think that should be a pretty decent neutral wood as well?? You can also just ask him for his suggestion based on what he has available what would be the best option :tup:
Wonderful suggestions! It's difficult to choose when he offers so many beautiful woods. Zebra to match might be pretty neat :cool:I'll drop him a line and get some thoughts. Cheers all, have a great weekend!

Misterhyde

Hello, I know there is lots of talk here about the best bowls to use with the Halo. I was considering one of the glass ones from vgoodiez. Just to clarify I should get the XL version to work well with the Halo?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hello, I know there is lots of talk here about the best bowls to use with the Halo. I was considering one of the glass ones from vgoodiez. Just to clarify I should get the XL version to work well with the Halo?
I have the XL bowl (with the pass-through) and it works well with the Atlas. I am not a fan of the glass screen, but since I usually put it on an ash catcher it is okay. I will probably put a metal screen in there. It does put the load a little far away so you may have to adjust to that. It has a nice seal and you can keep the vape on the bowl without a problem.

My Halo is currently being built so I can't say if that has any problem.

I'm really loving the Dfreez One with the basket screen, if you are looking at wood bowls too.

Last edited:

Misterhyde

I have the XL bowl (with h the pass-through) and it works well with the Atlas. I am not a fan of the glass screen, but since I usually put it on an ash catcher it is okay. I will probably put a metal screen in there. It does put the load a little far away so you may have to adjust to that. It has a nice seal and you can keep the vape on the bowl without a problem.

My Halo is currently being built so I can't say if that has any problem.

I'm really loving the Dfreez One with the basket screen, if you are looking at wood bowls too.
I saw the Dfreez One and really like it. I wish it was a little cheaper but eh, I think that about everything. Maybe I will end up getting one of those.

Misterhyde,

Shit Snacks

Alan@toasty-top.com sells amazing paper bowl for injector vapes, has a wood or cork sheath to connect to the rig and hold the paper bowl with screen, I'm going to grab one of those (also Good Vibes Boro is making me some glass bowls now, love his style and colors, available on his new website and O'Connell's or Instagram more)

Spoiler Edit, one GVB just made for me:
Screenshot-20220925-124016.png

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
  • Love
Reactions: Grass Yes

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Alright the Eagle has landed
But… No power supply included with these bad boys?
I expected this thing to be like a full package ready to go, I’m striking out all over these days. Should of asked more questions.

Can one of you fine peoples bless me with a link for what I need to power this new baby, never used a voltage controller before.

hurry up and wait some more I guess, lol.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Alright the Eagle has landed
But… No power supply included with these bad boys?
I expected this thing to be like a full package ready to go, I’m striking out all over these days. Should of asked more questions.

Can one of you fine peoples bless me with a link for what I need to power this new baby, never used a voltage controller before.

hurry up and wait some more I guess, lol.
You can go with an inexpensive one from Amazon like this:

Although I really love my ATM from REFC:

It doesn't drift and is very precise. I also use the memory function to switch between devices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom