Halo by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

rvarick

So....if anyone is wondering whether it's worth the wait.

It 100% is.

Just trying to figure out how to dial it in better, anyone got any tips? I'm going for the high end of the scale (9v), using the CC wooden bowl.
My go-to (via iDB's suggestion) is running it at 9V for at least 5 minutes, hit an empty bowl for a 2-3 seconds first to clear the heat soak a tiny bit, and then use away. Works every time for me, but YMMV.

cptofnthng

Im not really able to use it properly yet, through a jhook my grind is too fine, it flys right through the glass sieve. So i added a metal screen to the bowl and went back to normal glass.

I started @8.5 v, but almost no vapor. Cranked it Up, waited a few minutes.

Microdosing wont work at all for me that way, not even at 11v, but packing big bowls with long draws works okish@9.5v, although one hit extraction doesnt. Stirring and 3 Hits required.

Im not sure where the power is lost, but i suspect the 18to14mm adapter i need to use is faulty, but because all my stuff has 14mm connections, its what i have for now.
Will try again with some old glass that has 18mm at the we and report back.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: GoldenBud

sparrowman

Would it be possible to use a silicone sleeve to help it fit more than the standard 18mm fittings (similar to prrrl neo)? Has anyone done something like this?

I'd like it to fit my runt, for example

sparrowman,

GoldenBud

Would it be possible to use a silicone sleeve to help it fit more than the standard 18mm fittings (similar to prrrl neo)? Has anyone done something like this?

it's 100% or almost 100% compatible with SBL Runt as it seems here, no sleeve is recommended i think because the Halo is basically heat soaked all day and not only when used like in the Neo, not sure if Si sleeve is smart move....

by MikeRotchHertz - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/halo-by-cloud-connoisseur-idb.51325/page-3#post-1586644

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I would not want to do that, the male glass contains the heating element and gets quite hot... Not good for silicone imo, pretty yuck?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

The Ed's TNT injector bowl fits perfectly in the intake side of the Junior/Runt if that interests you.

Edit: Actually I think they are all the same. Just verified it fits on my OG.

Shit Snacks

The Ed's TNT injector bowl fits perfectly in the intake side of the Junior/Runt if that interests you.

Edit: Actually I think they are all the same. Just verified it fits on my OG.

Yes that is a much better idea, IDB wood bowl would also probably fit, it has o-rings though, yeah fitting a wood bowl into the brick bowl is the best idea or maybe just a wooden collar that can connect it to use the brick bowl?? Someone can make that...

Texus

Okay... First of all, this thread is for the Halo, whereas what you seem to be talking about, is the price of a pre-built Heady Atlas (there is an entirely different thread for the Atlas) so your comment is completely off topic and not even relevant to the vape this thread is about... Halo is not available in heady (yet) and is cheaper than a regular Atlas base model -- bringing me to my next point, $500 is like as expensive as these get, that is the top tier more expensive vape with the most expensive custom glass option... You can buy the base models of these in the $200-300 range so you clearly don't even know what you're talking about? Please read a thread before commenting, this one is not even that long honestly...

And yes, I'll echo what others have said, no one wanted your opinion here, why come in here to say $500 is too expensive for a vape, why don't you see that it's $500 and then ignore it because it's not for you... Even if you were posting in the proper place, which as I explained above, you are not, this comment adds nothing to the conversation.

You could say you were simply sharing an opinion, hoping manufacturers would listen, and lower prices for you, but the way you express that opinion seems to indicate you were never going to

Just to get us back on topic: my OG Halo blue mahoe, the very first between beta and production, seems to have lost a little power, I used to run it very low (to capitalize on the heat soaks since I didn't need back-to-back hits) like 7.15v if you can believe it, but now 7.65v gives me similar performance (with my small 14 mm TAG bowls) after it had been sitting with less use for a while, and my prior use had it sitting left on a lot more unused... Now I am going back to using it, more turning on when in use and off if it's going to be sitting for very long without use, I will do the same with my new cobalt halo when it is ready, instead relying on my Atlas for the left on hours at a time style of vaping (not sure when I will see my heady since it is a one-of-a-kind color combo, more than most any other!) in my opinion, Cloud Connoisseur is worth every penny :tup:
Has heat-up time changed on Halo too? How long you heating it before hits if this isn't your always-on option?

And can we get the gun talk off this thread please? I don't come to this forum to read about instruments of violence and killing. And no, mentioning a gun is never an innocent example.

Shit Snacks

Has heat-up time changed on Halo too? How long you heating it before hits if this isn't your always-on option?

Thank you for continuing to push us back on topic my man! This thread deserves it :nod::D

So the heat up time has not changed, because the ritual is turn it up to ~9v for a minute (this is said to be good for the life of the bulbs) and then down to my 7 something setting for a few more minutes... Now I'm doing the warm-up at 9.75v instead to accommodate (also because I am still using the digital micro vvps from Alan with it, easier to just change the one value, so I can move the nine down to seven, without touching the other numbers, this will be better soon when I get my second ATM from Red though so I can have one in each room!)

cptofnthng

So, my halo does not produce much vapor@9v, i assume that china power adapter i use isnt accurate. I tried to dial it in more slowly after i combusted@11, after being a bit frustrated with it.

I tried to go up in 0.1 steps and have given after a few bowls @9.7. when i got light brown ABV. Will try 9.8 and higher next session and i will also try to find some other bowl options, If i find some in europe. Still sort of suspect the chalice bowl to be part of the problem as it gets really hot but darkbrown ABV and microdosing still wont work for me.

Shit Snacks

So, my halo does not produce much vapor@9v, i assume that china power adapter i use isnt accurate. I tried to dial it in more slowly after i combusted@11, after being a bit frustrated with it.

I tried to go up in 0.1 steps and have given after a few bowls @9.7. when i got light brown ABV. Will try 9.8 and higher next session and i will also try to find some other bowl options, If i find some in europe. Still sort of suspect the chalice bowl to be part of the problem as it gets really hot but darkbrown ABV and microdosing still wont work for me.

That sucks, I don't know what VVPS you are using, that is certainly on the high end, but the build is different than mine, and most people run higher than I do... 11 is very high though for a Halo, that is a low end on the Atlas however and its where mine lives...

But yes, the bowl is a huge factor, I have actually not used the chalice with my halo at all, that has the herb further away so you wouldn't need a higher setting, but you need to account for the heat soak, at a higher setting you will combust after heat soak, so you have to clear the heat before use... Or quickly pull it off as you start to inhale, and then put it back? As I had said before.

Otherwise yeah you really need to find a better bowl for your use I think, Chalice 1.0 was a bit disappointing for me as well, using with the Atlas, so I am only using the wood bowl now, I'm getting another wood bowl with my cobalt halo too... They are the perfect shape and size for the ideal extraction in my experience, good luck!

GoldenBud

one thing I've learned in the 12v devices zone that you need at least 2 VVPSs....because it's not like with coils, you can't debug the problem easily....

Shit Snacks

one thing I've learned in the 12v devices zone that you need at least 2 VVPSs....because it's not like with coils, you can't debug the problem easily....

I just ordered another pre-built ATM from Red so I can have one in my main living room and one in my bedroom living room, sitting vaping areas, since it is easily my favorite VVPS for Halo and Atlas...
The current blue is a bit lighter shade, but he can make the old blue color if you request, he will be listing more purple in stock too...

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I just ordered another pre-built ATM from Red so I can have one in my main living room and one in my bedroom living room, sitting vaping areas, since it is easily my favorite VVPS for Halo and Atlas...
The current blue is a bit lighter shade, but he can make the old blue color if you request, he will be listing more purple in stock too...
Oh. I forgot this option. Shipping is around 20$ I think to EU but it's more cheaper just to get SHNITPWR VVPS from Amazon.com

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Oh. I forgot this option. Shipping is around 20$ I think to EU but it's more cheaper just to get SHNITPWR VVPS from Amazon.com

Shipping is actually $20 for it within the US too! Well worth it imo, the device prebuilt is $120, I got two right angle adapters and a collyland adapter so $150 total is a fine price by my standards for the value this product offers... I don't know what the one you refer to is exactly, but if the point is to get a nice VVPS and not just something cheap, then my point was the ATM is a great buy :tup:

Shit Snacks,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Shipping is actually $20 for it within the US too! Well worth it imo, the device prebuilt is $120, I got two right angle adapters and a collyland adapter so $150 total is a fine price by my standards for the value this product offers... I don't know what the one you refer to is exactly, but if the point is to get a nice VVPS and not just something cheap, then my point was the ATM is a great buy :tup:
Don't know about EU shipping but the shell was only $10 shipping for me. And you can save quite a bit by ordering separately and building it yourself. I don't begrudge Red the cost of labor, but it might be an option for one of the best VVPSs around.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Shit Snacks

Don't know about EU shipping but the shell was only $10 shipping for me. And you can save quite a bit by ordering separately and building it yourself. I don't begrudge Red the cost of labor, but it might be an option for one of the best VVPSs around.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is the added weight from the power supply itself in particular that doubles the shipping cost for a pre-built unit, Red only takes $10 if even for the labor by the way... Building it myself was never an option though, mostly out of laziness lol

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah I'm pretty sure it is the added weight from the power supply itself in particular that doubles the shipping cost for a pre-built unit, Red only takes $10 if even for the labor by the way... Building it myself was never an option though, mostly out of laziness lol
Yeah, I suspect it is less than $10 labor, like you said. Although I built mine for $90 including shipping. I probably got lucky on some of the parts.

Also I like my ATM enough that I would have paid a lot more.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just removed a bunch of posts that started as a discussion about a different vape and devolved into talk about gender and guns, so.....yeah.

Please stay on topic and keep your opinions about hot-button social issues to your instagram feed, just keep it off of FC.

Thank you.

:peace:

Texus

I just removed a bunch of posts that started as a discussion about a different vape and devolved into talk about gender and guns, so.....yeah.

Please stay on topic and keep your opinions about hot-button social issues to your instagram feed, just keep it off of FC.

Thank you.

:peace:
Much appreciated, Stu.

Texus,
Reactions: rvarick

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Hey guys ❤️ Currently waiting on glass for the remaining pre orders on all halo and atlas + for the first drop (hopefully, last time I didn’t get as much as I would have liked due to his personal reasons and life)
Have a few more orders that will have tracking sent out tomorrow ❤️

A new wood I will be introducing with the drop is nargusta burl ❤️ pretty excited about it and hope for it to become a normal offer.

Thanks @Stu for cleaning up the thread ❤️

Top Bottom