• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Halo by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

NimChimpsky

https://flic.kr/p/2n279nu Absolutely loving my ebony Halo set. Such a great design and craftsmanship, love the ergonomics. The chalice bowl is superb, very thick glass and gives such a clear view while its (evenly) roasting. Flavor city. I see myself using this quite a bit and plan to order an Atlas and Prodigy at some point, really excited for the Prophet dry rig also. IDB killing it.

Edit: wood bowl happens to fits like a glove into my @CDXX Pipes Neo pipe (no o rings). Mind blown.
https://flic.kr/p/2n226Js

Last edited:

cptofnthng

Its a lovely piece nim. Im looking forward to mine too.
I saw rather cheap glass stands for 18 or 14 mm connections, which one fits the halo? What do you use for a stand? I Imagine one could also Just flip it and leave it Like a beacon? :)

And If im using the vapbong power supply, what volts are you running yours at? I see some people got the fancy one from that Highlighter guy, but im not sure how they convert.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just stunning @NimChimpsky! excited for my chalice bowls, probably should get one of the wood style as well! Maybe with my second Halo or redone Atlas (or Heady?!)

Its a lovely piece nim. Im looking forward to mine too.
I saw rather cheap glass stands for 18 or 14 mm connections, which one fits the halo? What do you use for a stand? I Imagine one could also Just flip it and leave it Like a beacon? :)

Do not buy those cheap glass stands, because I presume you are talking about the female glass ones that would keep the 18mm male Halo facing down like it was attached to the bowl when you're taking a hit... However you are supposed to leave it upright with the light up like a beacon as you say... Read this thread again, that is made very clear, it stands on its own like a little gavel on the table, You want the heat to be able to escape from the top openings.

And If im using the vapbong power supply, what volts are you running yours at? I see some people got the fancy one from that Highlighter guy, but im not sure how they convert.

The volts are the same, it doesn't matter which power supply you are using, I am switching back and forth between ATM in one room and my microVVPS from Alan... The vapbong power supply kind of sucks, I only use it with my bandits, the one that cloud connoisseur sells himself looks the same, though it is actually of higher quality btw

Always warm up Halo at 9 volts for a minute, when turned on for the first time that day, my use range is 7-7.45v with the small 14mm TAG bowl, though it will probably need to be turned up with the chalice bowl... That is the factor more than the variable voltage power supply you are using, it is what bowl you are using (maybe even what glass piece) that will determine what voltage setting you want?

Also a reason I like to use the low settings, is because it heat soaks in between hits if there is a long time it can build a lot of heat and scorch on that first hit if you are not careful using upper temps with a bowl that has your load closer to the heater, and it has been sitting unused for a bit turned on heat soaking...

I got some new US glass again, really great with Halo, was going to post about it, but got distracted so I will soon, saw this post and had to reply ASAP!

NimChimpsky

Thanks @cptofnthng and @Shit Snacks. I'm so glad I went with the full black, expectations exceeded in every way. The ebony is so dense and sanded to an incredibly smooth finish, feels great.

To your questions, what Snacks said lol but I'll add a couple things. I think all the orders come with a stand of some sort, I really like the one mine came with seen above. I turned my Halo to the side for the pic but yea keep the joint turned upwards and if you leave it for a while def take an empty hit to cool it a bit first. I'm using my slightly improved vapbong style vvps I got off Amazon, though i am intersted in that fancy one you refer to lol. I run it anywhere from 7 to 8.5, depending on my mood and the bowl. The chalice is super efficient (you guys are going to freaking love it) and needs a slightly lower voltage than the wood bowl. I got one of the flawed chalices and it still works great btw, but i like it so much i just ordered a non flawed one.

Speaking of which, ebony is super dense and easy to break when turning shit like this. I actually happened to be watching IDBs live feed when 2 ebony bowls broke while he was turning, some a decent bit of time into it. When he sent my Halo he said he wasn't happy with the bowl but sent it anyway since he wanted to get the order out with the rest of the packages and he would make me another, better one. It's really nice as is, only minor thing is the joint with o rings doesn't pair 100% perfectly to every female joint, though still totally works fine and I plan to keep it in my cdxx pipe anyway (I think that just looks so mfing badass).

I wanted to mention that because it just reflects IDBs character, professionalism and the quality of his work. He has spent soo much time perfecting this one bowl for me and I wouldn't have even noticed an issue or complained if he never mentioned it. His company is new but I dont recall a new business launch that I've been around for that I was more impressed with in terms of the product itself and the people behind it (Mr & Mrs IDB). Jump headfirst off the fence if you are on it.

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Thanks @cptofnthng and @Shit Snacks. I'm so glad I went with the full black, expectations exceeded in every way. The ebony is so dense and sanded to an incredibly smooth finish, feels great.

To your questions, what Snacks said lol but I'll add a couple things. I think all the orders come with a stand of some sort, I really like the one mine came with seen above. I turned my Halo to the side for the pic but yea keep the joint turned upwards and if you leave it for a while def take an empty hit to cool it a bit first. I'm using my slightly improved vapbong style vvps I got off Amazon, though i am intersted in that fancy one you refer to lol. I run it anywhere from 7 to 8.5, depending on my mood and the bowl. The chalice is super efficient (you guys are going to freaking love it) and needs a slightly lower voltage than the wood bowl. I got one of the flawed chalices and it still works great btw, but i like it so much i just ordered a non flawed one.

Speaking of which, ebony is super dense and easy to break when turning shit like this. I actually happened to be watching IDBs live feed when 2 ebony bowls broke while he was turning, some a decent bit of time into it. When he sent my Halo he said he wasn't happy with the bowl but sent it anyway since he wanted to get the order out with the rest of the packages and he would make me another, better one. It's really nice as is, only minor thing is the joint with o rings doesn't pair 100% perfectly to every female joint, though still totally works fine and I plan to keep it in my cdxx pipe anyway (I think that just looks so mfing badass).

I wanted to mention that because it just reflects IDBs character, professionalism and the quality of his work. He has spent soo much time perfecting this one bowl for me and I wouldn't have even noticed an issue or complained if he never mentioned it. His company is new but I dont recall a new business launch that I've been around for that I was more impressed with in terms of the product itself and the people behind it (Mr & Mrs IDB). Jump headfirst off the fence if you are on it.

danjens

Does anyone know when the chalice bowl will be available to purchase individually?

I'm thinking of using it with the Herborizer Ti, which uses a bowl with metal mesh filter that is obviously not as cool as the full glass one from Cloud Connoisseur :) .
I just hit Bleach up on Instagram and ordered one. He has defects, non-defective, and wood bowls available

NimChimpsky

Halogen heats up very quick, even the quickest logs take a little bit longer to get going warmed up, both have a bit of refractory period after each hit, Halo might recover a little quicker
Saw this and wanted to add that my Halo reaches operating temp super quick (def quicker than my enano). I'll turn it on and basically by the time I've ground some herb and loaded a bowl it will hit nicely. I also find the refractory period basically not noticeable.

Incidentally, I googled 'refractory period' and got: "The refractory period is the span of time after having an orgasm during which a person is not sexually responsive." If this is the wrong term, then I don't want to be right.

Finessseee

Can you guys link me some solid bowls for the Cloud? I own This one , but I can never get the screens to fit correctly.. is there a better option? (I don’t own a Cloud yet, been trying to use this adapter with my LSV and can’t get the screens to fit in there nicely).. what are the best bowls for the Cloud?

Finessseee,

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Can you guys link me some solid bowls for the Cloud? I own This one , but I can never get the screens to fit correctly.. is there a better option? (I don’t own a Cloud yet, been trying to use this adapter with my LSV and can’t get the screens to fit in there nicely).. what are the best bowls for the Cloud?

NimChimpsky

The piece you link to is a 18mm male to male adapter, the CC line requires a 18mm female joint. Or (as @Sour Dream points to) there are specifically made bowls for injectors, including the chalice or wood bowls (posted above) by CC.

Shit Snacks

Incidentally, I googled 'refractory period' and got: "The refractory period is the span of time after having an orgasm during which a person is not sexually responsive." If this is the wrong term, then I don't want to be right

Hahaha that was totally on me, I conflated it with recovery time, not thinking of the scientific meaning! Amazing happy accident lol

Yes the others said, you are confused, this is not the bowl you use for this vape... 18 mm male glass stem vapes are a whole different category (PS the one you linked does not look like it would be good for the LSV, you should just buy some from Amazon or eBay, those basic kind seem to work best for connecting to more things, the one you linked looks a little strange to me...)

Best bowl for cloud connoisseur vapes is going to be his own chalice, excited to get mine soon, also a wood bowl to try... Alternatively TAG (thick ass glass) sells some 18mm female to 18/14 male adapters that make nice bowls here, it can be tricky to find screens to fit in and stay secure however... Yeah the linked thread for bowls has more options still!

I know I know I need to post my new glass, keep getting distracted!

NimChimpsky

Beautiful! That spalted tamarind is a special wood.. my new wooden bowl and chalice just arrived and they are glorious. Thanks again @iDRINKBLEACH and great choice with the bocote, the grain is spectacular and pairs beautifully with the ebony Halo.

While the ebony bowl on my CDXX pipe is awesome, so far my favorite setup is with the chalice and OGB sidecar hook. You can't really see it bake, but I can operate the bowl/hook and pull the bowl off to clear with one hand. Hard to explain but basically the form factor just works well and that OGB hook has such optimal cooling for my taste - though I'm definitely going to get the new CC dry rig once released.

I dont know if its been mentioned here but IDB shared a tip for the chalice that I find very useful. The holes in the chalice are relatively large, not too large but if you have a fine grind some debris can get through more so than a standard ss screen. I also don't use ash catchers, but if you plug the male joint of the chalice with a basket screen it acts as one perfectly. It blew my mind how well it worked and I kicked myself for never thinking of that before so figured I'd pass it along. Looking forward to seeing more thoughts as these Halos and chalices are arriving!

Shit Snacks

Awesome @Sour Dream that is a beautiful Halo and great choice on wood/color! I've been thinking of you lately, because I scored some amazing Peach Dream herbs recently (along with purple tangerine dream and blue mimosa) I know you are going to love this one!!

@NimChimpsky that is fun, dry with my halo I usually use the CaliBear straight fab FOL for the extra cooling though I often switch to water... Mine is a bit rougher in the heater however, I am looking forward to having a new finalized production version with colored glass soon enough! Also yeah the dry piece is going to be fucking amazing platinum standard :brow:

Yeah he was showing me that discovery with the chalice, pretty cool, I thought for sure I would have to use a screen on the honeycomb like I do with the Biao Qaroma bowls, excited to try the chalice without instead (I also know it's honeycomb pattern is a bit more thoughtfully designed and thinner which I think is better) plus I have the busted bowls without the handle so I'm excited to have a handle soon lol I also have an olive wood bowl with carb bypass plug coming...

I'm going to be posting that new glass in the Atlas thread after all though for those that want to follow along, because my replacement Atlas just arrived so that is what I will be using with the glass immediately anyway and already planning to post more with photos there ASAP!

Oh and side note, I always use drop-down adapters with my water pieces now, it can change airflow though I think that is offset by the ergonomic improvements, and primarily it keeps the water so much cleaner catching most of the debris :tup:

Texus

Awesome @Sour Dream that is a beautiful Halo and great choice on wood/color!
100% agree
Oh and side note, I always use drop-down adapters with my water pieces now, it can change airflow though I think that is offset by the ergonomic improvements, and primarily it keeps the water so much cleaner catching most of the debris :tup:
Yeah, I am big on drop down adaptors too. And the pass through adapter to use as carb to clear the chamber. Just wish I could find an 18mm pass through...

Razhumikin

100% agree

Yeah, I am big on drop down adaptors too. And the pass through adapter to use as carb to clear the chamber. Just wish I could find an 18mm pass through...
Can i ask why you prefer the pass through as opposed to just lifting the vape off the bowl? Ive always been curious as to why people prefer the pass through adapter, as a lot of people seem to have this preference. To note, I've never used one, but theoretically it doesnt seem like it should make a difference. Im curious to try one though if it really does have a positive impact.

Shit Snacks

Can i ask why you prefer the pass through as opposed to just lifting the vape off the bowl? Ive always been curious as to why people prefer the pass through adapter, as a lot of people seem to have this preference. To note, I've never used one, but theoretically it doesnt seem like it should make a difference. Im curious to try one though if it really does have a positive impact.

I feel the same way, so I'm excited to try it with the wood bowl from CC, because the example he gave is when using with someone else, and you're holding the vape for them, it allows them to just pull the plug when they're ready to clear instead of you removing the vape and then them removing the bowl or whatever? Another example, you could potentially leave the vape seeded on the wooden bowl if you pull hard enough with the carb in the bowl you could still fully clear... Finally, you could remove the vape and pull the carb to get fast airflow instead of removing the bowl, which may be easier for a variety of reasons depending on various factors like the piece you're using?

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Awesome @Sour Dream that is a beautiful Halo and great choice on wood/color! I've been thinking of you lately, because I scored some amazing Peach Dream herbs recently (along with purple tangerine dream and blue mimosa) I know you are going to love this one!!
I’m jealous hopefully I can try some when I come back down there for Coachella soon, that sounds like some shit I gotta try

And IDB actually suggested this color combo so it’s all thanks to him, I told him to freestyle my wood bowl so I have no idea what I’m getting
Ima give mines a try again I forgot all about that after selling my flowerpot

Texus

Just a bit easier than lifting the bowl and heater to clear a chamber. Sometimes if it is glass on glass the heater and glass can get stuck together a bit, so this way I don't need to worry about wiggling things to get them free for each hit. Just works a bit better for me ergonomically.

cptofnthng

Anyone received a halo in the last weeks? In january he told me february, but i never heard from him again after. No pressure, but i think a bit more communication would be nice.

NimChimpsky

Anyone received a halo in the last weeks? In january he told me february, but i never heard from him again after. No pressure, but i think a bit more communication would be nice.
I cant link at the moment but he gives frequent updates on the CC IG page. There was one just yesterday. Next drop should be coming soon but you can always shoot him a message for your order status!

Top Bottom