Halo by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Anyone received a halo in the last weeks? In january he told me february, but i never heard from him again after. No pressure, but i think a bit more communication would be nice.
I’m sorry about not reaching out, I try to make public post about status and how I am doing, I will always respond back to a dm or pm as soon as I see it. I will always be as transparent and upfront as I can be.
There was a bad glass problem that started a bit ago where almost every chamber failed, annealing issues, spec change, shipping, could have been so many things it’s hard to pin point, I got many different glass chambers and found one I thought was good, about 80% success but still had some fails, now with the newest chambers none have failed.
With this whole situation going on I have managed to keep moving forward as much as possible but still had warranties building up until I finalized on a chamber . With the newest glass chambers working perfectly I’m currently cleaning up that mess with only 3-4 orders of single items right in front of the heady drop. The heady drop is a limited number of about 10 headies all in a row so I will burn right through that in about a week maybe a couple days extra at most for testing them.
I was told my the glass guy he hasn’t started all the prepping for the heady drop and is going to be sending them as he finishes them not all in one shipment liked I’d hoped. The last news I heard just a couple days ago was he was ordering more colors with dichroic for a few more of them and was starting all of them he could at the moment.
With a move for me in the future I have already contacted glass blowing classes because I one day hope to be able to do glass in house to reduce the burden of a supply chain. Any one who talks to me on a personal level know this is a major goal for me to lessen that stress by being in control of the quality and being able to correct myself and not have my time frame thrown off by another’s life situations. Not saying he is bad quality because he is great, it’s just easier to spot a flaw and correct instead of get a batch of glass that are all flawed and it’s too late, time was spent, wasted, and put me behind.

Again, sorry if my communication wasn’t transparent, I try my best to do so even if not on a personal level of private messaging by posting publicly. Mostly on IG for ease of that’s where most people reach out to me from multiple medias. If any one reaches out to me I’m usually always quick to answer back with best of my knowledge.

Texus

I’m sorry about not reaching out, I try to make public post about status and how I am doing, I will always respond back to a dm or pm as soon as I see it. I will always be as transparent and upfront as I can be.
There was a bad glass problem that started a bit ago where almost every chamber failed, annealing issues, spec change, shipping, could have been so many things it’s hard to pin point, I got many different glass chambers and found one I thought was good, about 80% success but still had some fails, now with the newest chambers none have failed.
With this whole situation going on I have managed to keep moving forward as much as possible but still had warranties building up until I finalized on a chamber . With the newest glass chambers working perfectly I’m currently cleaning up that mess with only 3-4 orders of single items right in front of the heady drop. The heady drop is a limited number of about 10 headies all in a row so I will burn right through that in about a week maybe a couple days extra at most for testing them.
I was told my the glass guy he hasn’t started all the prepping for the heady drop and is going to be sending them as he finishes them not all in one shipment liked I’d hoped. The last news I heard just a couple days ago was he was ordering more colors with dichroic for a few more of them and was starting all of them he could at the moment.
With a move for me in the future I have already contacted glass blowing classes because I one day hope to be able to do glass in house to reduce the burden of a supply chain. Any one who talks to me on a personal level know this is a major goal for me to lessen that stress by being in control of the quality and being able to correct myself and not have my time frame thrown off by another’s life situations. Not saying he is bad quality because he is great, it’s just easier to spot a flaw and correct instead of get a batch of glass that are all flawed and it’s too late, time was spent, wasted, and put me behind.

Again, sorry if my communication wasn’t transparent, I try my best to do so even if not on a personal level of private messaging by posting publicly. Mostly on IG for ease of that’s where most people reach out to me from multiple medias. If any one reaches out to me I’m usually always quick to answer back with best of my knowledge.
Are these Headys Halo ones or still just Atlas ones?

Easywider

Simple is the way
Saturday morning wake n bake. Using the Halo a little differently today. I grabbed my smallest water pipe and placed a screen in the downstem. Hitting it dry, just enough room for some crumbs.

Micro dosing in flavor country. :mmmm:

F288-FC86-1975-460-A-A29-A-7-F50-B4-E995-AF.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yea I didn’t see any but I might’ve missed them if they were in the package

They should have been already there on it, in those slots, it was his own mistake, that he accidentally didn't include, I'm sure he'll send you them ASAP, I'm not sure it will seal in the glass properly without them, though it may...

rvarick

Happy to say that I have a Halo on the way (via an EE sale)! Had a question for the group here please - does the Ed's TnT Injector Bowl make for a good wood bowl for the Halo? Or how about the SBL Injector Chamber? Or perhaps I should contact IDB for a Chalice bowl instead for the best option? TIA!

Shit Snacks

Happy to say that I have a Halo on the way (via an EE sale)! Had a question for the group here please - does the Ed's TnT Injector Bowl make for a good wood bowl for the Halo? Or how about the SBL Injector Chamber? Or perhaps I should contact IDB for a Chalice bowl instead for the best option? TIA!

Nice! Saw that olive one there... Yes either of those, Ed's or SBL should work with Halo, but you should absolutely contact IDB to buy one of his wood bowls instead, they are designed specifically for his vapes and are really nice and perfect, unique with the o-rings and carb bypass if you want it, size style and shape, I doubt the other two are as good for the CC vapes comparatively... And yeah I am liking mine even more than the honeycomb glass chalice surprisingly!

rvarick

Nice! Saw that olive one there... Yes either of those, Ed's or SBL should work with Halo, but you should absolutely contact IDB to buy one of his wood bowls instead, they are designed specifically for his vapes and are really nice and perfect, unique with the o-rings and carb bypass if you want it, size style and shape, I doubt the other two are as good for the CC vapes comparatively... And yeah I am liking mine even more than the honeycomb glass chalice surprisingly!
Thanks! I did reach out to iDB-CC about one just now. He actually pinged me when he saw I purchased a Halo from the EE post to let me know to reach out with any questions as they may arise. Now that's some CS!!

Received a stunner of an olive wood Halo over the weekend (via an EE sale). The grain and woodturning on the device is superb. And the performance is also great, although I'm still figuring out what voltage(s) will be my go-to.

While the Halo doesn't necessary *need* a stand (as it does lay well on its own), I wanted to share a nice, sturdy stand I cobbled together for it, using a repurposed laptop stand and some pieces of a cork trivet (+ some 3M tape). I'm pretty happy with the result, shown below:

p.s. Apologies for back-to-back posts (albeit spaced awhile apart)!

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Life has been super crazy for me lately with a move I’m still in the middle of, most of it is done thankfully. With all this going on I have been more distant on social media, with applying my time where it’s most needed.

I’ve started on the bodies to the newest drop, my WiFi isn’t that great where I’m at now so I haven’t been live streaming , my photo tent is still MIA in the madness too.
I was sent this jus the other day with the heady drop upon the door step https://ibb.co/ns6jjSJ
The headies are more time consuming so I will probably work around them, if the glass guy has any problems with any of them.

rvarick

Does anyone else's Halo need a couple minutes between hits, or can it typically handle back-to-back hits? And if you do wait, how long do you typically give it? After a few days with mine it seems like I get best results on the first hit after it's been heat soaked for a few mins, and with a slow draw. I'm currently running it at ~7.5-8.

Although I'm also simultaneously trying to find the right draw speed to use, as well as what bowl and glass works best for it. It seems like most of my glass isn't great for convection vapes in general, based on prior experience. I currently have a MFLB Orbiter, Biao RBR clone, a RiO bubbler, and a Purr Swiss Honeycomb; but probably need something with a better perc (welcome any suggestions!).

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Does anyone else's Halo need a couple minutes (at least) between hits, or can it typically handle back-to-back hits? If you wait, how long do you typically give it? After a few days with mine it seems like I only get optimal results on the first hit after it's been heat soaked for a few mins. I'm running it at 7.5-8 ATM. Although I'm also simultaneously trying to find the right draw speed to use, as well as what bowl and glass works best for it. It seems like most of my glass/percs aren't great for convection vapes in general, based on prior experience.
Yea mines does seem to need some time but I haven’t paid attention to how long, I like the sticky brick injector bowl the most after trying a couple

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
for back to back hits I run mine around 9. Before I start the session I hit my empty bowl for a couple seconds to get rid of the extra heat soak on the screen, then just use normally and hit empty again after a long heat soak. This allows the wife n I to chalk a halo back to back for about 3-4 bowls. I’ve wanted to test this out on an alpha dog, or woodscents since they have heat loss also.

Shit Snacks

Does anyone else's Halo need a couple minutes between hits, or can it typically handle back-to-back hits? And if you do wait, how long do you typically give it? After a few days with mine it seems like I get best results on the first hit after it's been heat soaked for a few mins, and with a slow draw. I'm currently running it at ~7.5-8.

Yeah as said turn up the power if you want to do true back-to-back, just be mindful of that first hit from the heat soak... I am still running my halo pretty low, around 7.11v typically, because I use the heat soak, no problem waiting a minute or more between hits typically (Atlas can do it better and is also more forgiving with the heat soak hits btw though the vapor quality is different plus longer heat up)

Although I'm also simultaneously trying to find the right draw speed to use, as well as what bowl and glass works best for it. It seems like most of my glass isn't great for convection vapes in general, based on prior experience. I currently have a MFLB Orbiter, Biao RBR clone, a RiO bubbler, and a Purr Swiss Honeycomb; but probably need something with a better perc (welcome any suggestions!).

Yeah there are a lot of variables about how you draw and how you load, the bowls and screens, and then of course the glass... Yeah those aren't all ideal, but the Purr Swiss honeycomb actually looks pretty nice, a good fit for Halo I think, it's got that inline fountain honeycomb perc with deep spikes above for more cooling, just not the largest volume is all? RBR can also be pretty fun with halo actually, I have a smaller style version that worked pretty well with mine... GooRoo 3piece bubbler was a great pick up for the halo though along with the TAG modular super slit donut of course, and surprised how much I like my big fire within glass piece, not to mention the new Prodigy so I have not yet used it with Halo in fact...

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Thanks for the tip on the super slit donut rig from TAG. I have been looking for something new with removable mouthpiece in that style. Out of stock so I got on the notice list. I recently picked up their 10 in. Bent neck matrix diffuser rig and it’s wide open pull is nice with CC gear. The Halo was also great thru the new Sneaky Pete MK2 globe with the whip. It holds a surprising amount of water and the Halo can milk it up. For big cool rips the Prodigy rules and I just got a beautiful TAG ashcatcher that keeps it clean and rippin.👍

Yeah as said turn up the power if you want to do true back-to-back, just be mindful of that first hit from the heat soak... I am still running my halo pretty low, around 7.11v typically, because I use the heat soak, no problem waiting a minute or more between hits typically (Atlas can do it better and is also more forgiving with the heat soak hits btw though the vapor quality is different plus longer heat up)

Yeah there are a lot of variables about how you draw and how you load, the bowls and screens, and then of course the glass... Yeah those aren't all ideal, but the Purr Swiss honeycomb actually looks pretty nice, a good fit for Halo I think, it's got that inline fountain honeycomb perc with deep spikes above for more cooling, just not the largest volume is all? RBR can also be pretty fun with halo actually, I have a smaller style version that worked pretty well with mine... GooRoo 3piece bubbler was a great pick up for the halo though along with the TAG modular super slit donut of course, and surprised how much I like my big fire within glass piece, not to mention the new Prodigy so I have not yet used it with Halo in fact...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
How's that Grav + Halo combo?
I really like it, it’s the piece I use with it the most, I thought the airflow was pretty restrictive with this combo at first but I was overpacking the bowl and switched bowls, I get better airflow with the sb injector bowl vs the glass bowl, but it’s around the same airflow as the chalice wood bowl

Top Bottom