Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

Baron23

Heres a quick demo video:

Very nice, but I would like to suggest that yes, the wiring from the GH to the power converter needs to be long enough for the converter to sit on a table with the GH in your mouth....I suppose a foot may do it but leave that to you guys and your testing.

Glad I did the early sign up and reserved one....look wonderful. Cheers

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Alright I am in as well! Trusting safety etc. It'll be cool if this gets me using my hopper again... Guess I need to get a PFE mouthpiece now?

MoltenTiger

A short lead with extensions might do the trick nicely, there might be a limit to the length depending on the wire gauge. The OEM magnetic charger looks to be ~1m, which is pretty good. But with the 12V-4.2V converter being fed by Mains-IEC-Brick-barrel jack, most of the extension can be on the side with lower amps, and 30cm of freedom thereafter would probably be sufficient for general desktop/bed usage

virtualpurple

How many are expected to be produced? I’d very much like to order one!

*edit* I found the link on the first page and was able to place an order. I’ve got awhile yet for my T break but my hopper is getting a checkup at hopper labs. Hopefully it will come back a raging beast with some more power, but boy to be able to use it powered by a constant power source... total game changer.

@maxvapor710, I can’t wait!

Last edited:

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Terpenetime we dont want the default lead to be too long as it essentially becomes part of the device when the dummy battery is installed. Some people will be using this witn an external 18650 and might not want a meter long whip attached.

As @MoltenTiger mentioned, there is 5ft (150cm) of cabling between the barrel jack so there is a lot of slack to work with on that side and if users need more than the supplied length on the Hopper side, XT30 extension cable are readily available in several lengths from eBay, just search for "AMASS XT30 Extension".

@virtualpurple currently there is enough to satisfy the demand through the launch and shortly after, but I suspect once the retail units start getting into the wild the remaining stock will go quickly.

On another note, I have a few samples of the cable sheathing coming in later this week in a few different colors to spice it up a little bit so we will probably make color choice an option when submitting the final payment.

If you guys have any colors you would really like to see, let me know.

marduk

daydreamer
On another note, I have a few samples of the cable sheathing coming in later this week in a few different colors to spice it up a little bit so we will probably make color choice an option when submitting the final payment.

I'd like forest green or white.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Terpenetime we dont want the default lead to be too long as it essentially becomes part of the device when the dummy battery is installed. Some people will be using this witn an external 18650 and might not want a meter long whip attached.

As @MoltenTiger mentioned, there is 5ft (150cm) of cabling between the barrel jack so there is a lot of slack to work with on that side and if users need more than the supplied length on the Hopper side, XT30 extension cable are readily available in several lengths from eBay, just search for "AMASS XT30 Extension".

@virtualpurple currently there is enough to satisfy the demand through the launch and shortly after, but I suspect once the retail units start getting into the wild the remaining stock will go quickly.

Some sort of blue? Bright and light or deep blue... Maybe silver to match the Hopper?

Terpenetime

Understood, that makes sense.

Call me old fashioned but i’ll be quite happy with black :2c:

Baron23

I agree but I doubt that a foot will be sufficient?

Yeah, I didn't think so either....but, I believe that they may have to be conscious of cable resistance....maybe??

Dunno but yes, needs to sit on table with GH in a reasonable sized rig (say with joint 5-6" off of table) and hand held...IMO.

Oh, and I'm with Henry Ford on this one....they can have it in any color they want...as long as its black! :-)

virtualpurple

I tried real hard to stay on the fence (my hopper has not always been my best friend), but I thing the Grasshopper crew is really getting things dialed in, and I think this really can be a game changer for my personal use with a healthy hopper.

In other words, I ordered one late last night!

vapeverythingnyc

Purple would be cool Otherwise I’m fine with black!

Midnight Toker

That is not a drug, it’s a plant.....
My color preference for a sheath cover would be lime green or pink. :nod: So looking forward to not having to regularly charge hopper batts.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Incredible work. What makes it so that the correct voltage is supplied, I imagine the converter does that job?

Thirding purple, although I'd also be down for a silver/metallic type to match the standard SS and Ti. Like a little tail on our Grasshopper :D

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Hammahead yes, the devices will carry all of the relevant certifications and markings for sale.

The overseas customers may have to wait an extra week or two depending on how busy our compliance testing facility is.

@Abysmal Vapor CE requirements for a device like this don't actually require any additional testing, we can "self-certify" the device once our normal EMC compliance testing comes back.

The process is a little more difficult and expensive for something like our e-nail controller than contains a WiFi and Bluetooth radio.

Top Bottom