Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

Durbandream

I just got 18mm Quartz Cap with Heady Stem and absolutely love it! Great hits, flavor from the first use on and have never combusted with it. Thank you TRWW for such an amazing vape. I want to get another heavy hitter from TRWW, what should it be? leaning terpedo.
Honestly, they're all pretty heavy hitters and you'll probably end up with a collection since they each have distinct personalities. I don't have the Terpedo yet but the Terpcicle can also hit like a monster and in my experience you get more intense, conduction-type effects compared to the spaced out feeling from the 18mm QC. The 14mm QC is also great and even more conduction-heavy, I only use broken up pieces of full nugs in that since it's so easy to combust with it but it's the closest to smoking a joint as far as the feeling. But if you can catch it in stock the QC Mega is probably my favorite out of all of them.

Finessseee

Is it possible to microdose with the Quartz Cap or is it mainly meant for bigger loads? I’m looking for something that offers a heavier conduction feel. Seems like the 14mm Quartz Cap can do that for me, but unsure how it handles smaller packs?

coolbreeze

I’m looking for something that offers a heavier conduction feel.
Nameless Conduction, perhaps?

Finessseee

Nameless Conduction, perhaps?
Interesting. Can it be connected to a water pipe seamlessly? I guess I’d just need a 14-14mm male to male adapter

Finessseee,
Reactions: RogueGuy

coolbreeze

Yes, I think you can plug the bowl/heater right into your bubbler or j-hook, it looks like, but a 14f to 14m adapter would make it safer for your glass and much easier to heat.

EDIT: if you get one of the conical Dreamwood Roasties, it fits a 14 or 18 joint natively, too:
IMG-5653.jpg
IMG-5654.jpg

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Hello brother I need to get with you for the next run!:nod: I need your tools! :rockon:It's what's the kit lacks for sure! Check it...
Plus, your Quartz cap is the first vape I could
could ever slam half a gram out of with no sacrifice to flavor! :bowdown:vid coming again for that!!!:tup:

TangibleHangnail

Is it possible to microdose with the Quartz Cap or is it mainly meant for bigger loads? I’m looking for something that offers a heavier conduction feel. Seems like the 14mm Quartz Cap can do that for me, but unsure how it handles smaller packs?
You can set the basket screen as deep as you like, and put only a small amount in. Still works great.

beluga808

Still happy with my 18mm Quartz Cap.
But I switched from Herborizer Sherlock to the FC-Mod bubbler with a whip. The biggest advantage for me is that I get a more even roast of the material. My theory why the downstem works better than the Sherlock, is because the air gets pulled from the bottom, not from the side. Does that make sense? Anyway I'm glad now that the extraction works better than before.
Other advantages are cooler vapor (using water and an extended air path) and the fact that I can have a look at the bowl in every angle while pulling from the whip :tup:

Nebelmann

How do you guys clean the glass? After some loads of hash with flower, the Terpcicle has some brown colorings in the glass. Hours of bathing in Iso with hot water couldn't remove the worst parts completely. Hesitating to use vinegar bc of the smell.

Last edited:
Nebelmann,

nicknobody

How do you guys clean the glass? After some loads of hash with flower, the Terpcicle has some brown colorings in the glass. Hours of bathing in Iso with hot water could remove the worst parts completely. Hesitating to use vinegar bc of the smell.
I’ve never tried but magic erasers are talked about several times in this thread for stubborn areas.

nicknobody,

Ford Wenty

I have a born on date of 420 69, it suits me! :)
Honestly, they're all pretty heavy hitters and you'll probably end up with a collection since they each have distinct personalities. I don't have the Terpedo yet but the Terpcicle can also hit like a monster and in my experience you get more intense, conduction-type effects compared to the spaced out feeling from the 18mm QC. The 14mm QC is also great and even more conduction-heavy, I only use broken up pieces of full nugs in that since it's so easy to combust with it but it's the closest to smoking a joint as far as the feeling. But if you can catch it in stock the QC Mega is probably my favorite out of all of them.
I got the 18mm DD cap and I love it too! I like the quick hits w/o long heat up and I can still get monster hits. I think you're right, I'm going to end up with all of them I think. I've been using both DD cap and Quartz Cap 18mm daily. I was having trouble with storage as the collection has been growing. Didn't find anything online that would work for several different joint sizes so I MacGyver'd something out of a cardboard shipping box that is working great and has room for several more pieces. Time for me to get shopping. Cheers! :)

Ford Wenty

I have a born on date of 420 69, it suits me! :)
The quartz cap may not be best for micro dosing. The DD cap can use a very small amount of material and you are torching as you inhale so you are in control of how big a hit you're going to get. I've been shocked at what hits I get with a tiny amount of material. All in all though, best microdose device is dynavap with quartz caps from TRWW.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@alex91 you thunk if they carry it they wouldn't be surprised when someone buys it.

@japecan thanks, glad you are enjoying them. The Omnis look great!!

@olysh pops I have ordered quartz heaters for the Terpedo

@Finessseee the 14mm QC would be best for microdosing but im working on a smaller version with smaller heater and bowl

@Custom Flower Hardware that would be cool. Hit me up

@beluga808 were you getting a hot spot on one side? The QCs are really best used in a straight up position. If it leans to much, the heater will sit closer on one side

@Sour Dream I am looking unto the 8/9 FW MP. The opening is bigger and at least on mine it seems a little bigger that 6mm so my Ti is too loose in the o ring

@Ford Wenty glad you are enjoying the DD Cap and it's working with small bowls

These are the smaller beta 1.2mm heaters and will help fill the gap for portability and microdosing. One uses the rolling o rings and the other has a groove and fixed o ring
20231025-235522.jpg

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
@alex91 you thunk if they carry it they wouldn't be surprised when someone buys it.

@japecan thanks, glad you are enjoying them. The Omnis look great!!

@olysh pops I have ordered quartz heaters for the Terpedo

@Finessseee the 14mm QC would be best for microdosing but im working on a smaller version with smaller heater and bowl

@Custom Flower Hardware that would be cool. Hit me up

@beluga808 were you getting a hot spot on one side? The QCs are really best used in a straight up position. If it leans to much, the heater will sit closer on one side

@Sour Dream I am looking unto the 8/9 FW MP. The opening is bigger and at least on mine it seems a little bigger that 6mm so my Ti is too loose in the o ring

@Ford Wenty glad you are enjoying the DD Cap and it's working with small bowls

These are the smaller beta 1.2mm heaters and will help fill the gap for portability and microdosing. One uses the rolling o rings and the other has a groove and fixed o ring
20231025-235522.jpg
Gotcha I’ll measure my opening to see if it’s any different, the fw8/9 definitely could use some love

Edit: forgot I just sent it off for repairs I’ll have to measure when it gets back

Sour Dream,

dapatcho

I am thinking of picking up a 14mm Quartz Cap on Black Friday. Would you guys recommend anything else in addition to the "deluxe set"? I would grab a J-Hook if one was up for grabs when I punch the order in, and going to look into what torches would be good shortly.

TedJones

I am thinking of picking up a 14mm Quartz Cap on Black Friday. Would you guys recommend anything else in addition to the "deluxe set"? I would grab a J-Hook if one was up for grabs when I punch the order in, and going to look into what torches would be good shortly.
Kit should be everything you need. Big buddy is my vote for torch.

Durbandream

No accessories but I'd recommend trying the method of breaking up a nug into small pieces as well. It's easy to combust with the 14mm but it handles little chunks really well with more room for error.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Far too little love round here for the Nameless Conduction.

I appreciate convection heavy face melts are many people's preference, but for a slow session (heat and puff, heat and puff) it's like a glass Vapman with x8 the capacity.

I prefer a bushy single flame lighter (jobon bullet/vertigo serpent) to a big triple/quad torch btw, as I think it's much easier to get an even roast with it, and I don't need to stir.

Anyone else a fan?

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Which vape are you using and how long are you heating with the smaller torch? Assuming a pretty good tamping too.
I'm gently heating this until I see vapour, which I appreciate isn't that helpful. It's hard to say how long for, a session lasts me a good 5 minutes - but I'm taking things pretty slow. My next step is the alcohol burner.

I don't tamp particularly firmly either. Maybe I should. Either way, it's a delightful way to spend the evening.

Top Bottom