Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

beluga808

QC18 arrived yesterday and here are my first thoughts about it:

The QC is absolutely amazing. I just had one bowl until now, but it was such a nice experience. The glass pieces are really thick and seem durable (I don't want to risk a fall though). Although the cap is just put on top without any connection, it sits properly on the bowl piece without any much wobbling.

Thanks to Davids demo video the first use was easy and without any incidents. Loaded a bowl half the size of the chamber with medium coarse grind (BCG) and put the cap on (I would guess it was like 0.2 - 0.3g). I didn't use a metal screen. As suggested here, I took a small piece of bud and flattened it with my fingers. 20 sec heating, and it's ready to go! I used it with the Herborizer Sherlock and it was so satisfying to see the fresh ground bud shrinks down and change it's color on the first hit. There is almost no draw restriction, it's really really open. The vapor was not harsh or anything and after a few seconds I exhaled the first draw. What a great pure flavor! And it came along with a lot of vapor! As expected, the second hit was more powerful and had still a great flavor. With this second one I could feel, that the Sherlock got noticeably warm. Not too hot to handle, but I could definitely feel it. Third, fourth and fifth hit were also great but obviously with decreasing power and density. After that I reheated for 5 seconds, but I had the impression it didn't do much to the bowl. I was already high af and didn't wanted to risk combustion, so I emptied the bowl. There might have been something left, but not too much.
The clamp it comes with really helps working with the hot quartz cap (It stays hot for quite a time). The clamp is pretty strong and holds the cap and bowl properly and secure.
I am really amazed how well this device works! I love that it's all glass but that also forces me to handle it with caution. That's maybe the only downside. It's definitely a heavy hitter for a relatively low price.
The next days I might be playing around with bowl size, draw speed, draw duration etc. Fun times ahead :leaf::brow:

Durbandream

QC18 arrived yesterday and here are my first thoughts about it:

The QC is absolutely amazing. I just had one bowl until now, but it was such a nice experience. The glass pieces are really thick and seem durable (I don't want to risk a fall though). Although the cap is just put on top without any connection, it sits properly on the bowl piece without any much wobbling.

Thanks to Davids demo video the first use was easy and without any incidents. Loaded a bowl half the size of the chamber with medium coarse grind (BCG) and put the cap on (I would guess it was like 0.2 - 0.3g). I didn't use a metal screen. As suggested here, I took a small piece of bud and flattened it with my fingers. 20 sec heating, and it's ready to go! I used it with the Herborizer Sherlock and it was so satisfying to see the fresh ground bud shrinks down and change it's color on the first hit. There is almost no draw restriction, it's really really open. The vapor was not harsh or anything and after a few seconds I exhaled the first draw. What a great pure flavor! And it came along with a lot of vapor! As expected, the second hit was more powerful and had still a great flavor. With this second one I could feel, that the Sherlock got noticeably warm. Not too hot to handle, but I could definitely feel it. Third, fourth and fifth hit were also great but obviously with decreasing power and density. After that I reheated for 5 seconds, but I had the impression it didn't do much to the bowl. I was already high af and didn't wanted to risk combustion, so I emptied the bowl. There might have been something left, but not too much.
The clamp it comes with really helps working with the hot quartz cap (It stays hot for quite a time). The clamp is pretty strong and holds the cap and bowl properly and secure.
I am really amazed how well this device works! I love that it's all glass but that also forces me to handle it with caution. That's maybe the only downside. It's definitely a heavy hitter for a relatively low price.
The next days I might be playing around with bowl size, draw speed, draw duration etc. Fun times ahead :leaf::brow:
You picked up a beast for sure. Next time instead of grinding try breaking very small pieces off a nug, like the smallest you can pinch off with your fingers, and load it that way with a fairly light tamp. It's not quite as efficient as grinding but the flavor is stronger and clearer. And you can go nuts heating the QC18, I usually go for 35-40sec. It's the only one of the three glass vapes I have that I've never combusted with (I combust with the Terpcicle like 35% of the time).

Old_muel

With the QC, which orientation do you guys put the screen in, like a bucket (flat bottom down) or a tophat? Tried bucket style & struggled a little getting it back out (haven't hit it yet, just playing), using a skewer to press the side against the glass & slide it out, I don't see a way to get it back out if installed tophat style though due to there being no sides to grip from the top & the dimples stopping the skewer from being pushed through from the bottom. Judging from my milaana days i think I'd prefer tophat but how on earth would I get it back out?

Edit- Question still stands but just tried it out bucket style & gotta say me likey, I am in flavour country right now great job rogue & thanks for the extra little goodie too 🙂

Last edited:

Cannabiker

With the QC, which orientation do you guys put the screen in, like a bucket (flat bottom down) or a tophat? Tried bucket style & struggled a little getting it back out (haven't hit it yet, just playing), using a skewer to press the side against the glass & slide it out, I don't see a way to get it back out if installed tophat style though due to there being no sides to grip from the top & the dimples stopping the skewer from being pushed through from the bottom. Judging from my milaana days i think I'd prefer tophat but how on earth would I get it back out?

Edit- Question still stands but just tried it out bucket style & gotta say me likey, I am in flavour country right now great job rogue & thanks for the extra little goodie too 🙂
Mostly, I don't use it. I just drop several terp pearls in first, then load the herb. It makes it super easy to unload--I just upend it, and the terp pearls push the ABV out.

I do use the screen for hash, but I put it in the very top, so I can fish it out with a poker through the air slots.

MoltenTiger

I received my QC18 today, along with a TM stem.

20230825-234819.jpg

Both have been remarkably awesome. The Rogue Wax Works is a real gem to have found through FC!

Now finally I can watch the flower do the thing and it is marvelous with the Quartz Cap.
This knd of thing makes me feel foolish for ever smoking.

20230826-005430.jpg

I definitely could use a better torch (managing it with a little pocket 4-burner is doable but not nice), this thing rips though. It's a pleasure to use.

I will review this thread. I forgot all the tips. I'm liking the idea of loading in coarse or picked apart flower instead of the basket screen and charging on huge chambers. Flavour is going to be incredible.

It really gives off some crazy clouds considering the colour change. A very top quality vapour and a lot of it.

I want to get some copper foil and FMJ it. A handle and heater wouldn't go astray but fire is fun.

Last edited:

Madtater

I definitely could use a better torch, this thing rips though. It's a pleasure to use.

Butane Torch Kitchen Blow Lighter - Japan's Original Culinary Torches Head Chef Cooking Professional Adjustable Flame with Stabilizing Stand for Creme Brulee, Baking, BBQ (Butane Fuel Not Included) https://a.co/d/gCdsFMF

Buddy of mine uses something similar to this to light his cigars. I Always thought it was absolutely ridiculous to use something that big to light cigars as he burns the shit out of them all the time.

But for something like the terpsickle or your new toy, it may work pretty decent

And the price is pretty good. All u need is a bottle of butane. No refilling a stand alone torch needed😂

olysh pops

As someone who loves loves loves the Terpcicles, how does the QC compare? May have to snag one with how much everyone seems to enjoy it
I'm trying to.

The Quartz Cap 18​

The herb chamber is bulky, 18 mm and tall.
The unit is medium-sized, giving the QC a chunky appearance.

Air flows under the heating element.

Air flow is high, the herb chamber is large, consumption is high. The clouds are huge, as are their effects - wow !

The taste is perhaps less pronounced than with the Terpcicle Quartz, This is what is written too in the previous pages, the TQ can generate a better taste, even more pronounced than the Elev8ter which seems to have been a reference in this field.

Quartz Cap 18 with classic hash - TRWW

The Terpcicle Quartz Long​

The bowl is smaller, 14mm, the herb chamber a little lower than that of the QC, yet the TQ seems stretched, that's the presence of a connector and a huge heating element.

The TQ Long's heater is particularly impressive, high and wide, very spacious, with 1 air intake at the bottom.

Composed of 3 parts, TQL is more elegant for some, more fragile for others.

Its main characteristic is to produce clouds, which can be imposing but above all taste delicious.
With a classic hash, I had an excellent taste.

What I can perhaps add is that it's possible to lift the TQL heater from the bottom, carefully, with my fingers without burning myself, if I've overheated. That's very handy.

Terpcicle Quartz Long with short connector - TRWW

For my personal daily use, the QC18 is a little too powerful, more suited to weekends. The Terpcicle Quartz Long is a pleasure to use every day for the rest of the week. I miss them when they're not around.

Have delicious clouds
:peace:

edit
TQLong vs QC18

Last edited:

MTpromises

What I can perhaps add is that it's possible to lift the TQL heater from the bottom, carefully, with my fingers without burning myself, if I've overheated. That's very handy.

If you get an ashtray or something similar, I use the screen section from a grinder, you can slide the cap off the QC very quickly. You would think the handleability of the Terp would be a plus, but the longer heater and the fact you need to "pop" it off makes it a little trickier to use hot, for me at least. I can unload and put the heater on the QC without ever touching it.

MTpromises,
Reactions: TedJones

TedJones

Dang, that TQL looks quite a bit taller than the OG I have. Using mine’s for just one heat cycle, 2-4 nice milky pulls, then I’m straight for awhile. I usually don’t need to take off heater until next time. Feelin like a flyweight here, ha! @olysh Are those zirc balls & do you have a few in the QC18 as well?

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TangibleHangnail dm me and I can invoice you

I combust with the Terpcicle like 35% of the time
Are you combusting from the sides or the top? I realized the other day that when I tamp the Terpcicle, which I don't think I ever do with the QC, It tends to heat unevenly and get charred on the top

Tried bucket style & struggled a little getting it back out
For whatever reason its a lot easier to get it out if its warm

@Jojofernz the 18mm and now the Mega are, and have been, my go to's over the Terpcicle. They really are much more forgiving

@MoltenTiger glad you are enjoying both. I haven't tried the screen up that high but i'm happy to see that you are using it for a relatively small bowl. These have massive bowls but have very good performance with relatively small amounts

@olysh thanks for the write up. It makes me feel like there is enough of a difference in these devices, and peoples preferences, to continue offering them in these 4 configurations

@MTpromises im with you. I have a set of tongs handy but i tend to just slide the heater off int a small dish. I also find that the bottom rim of the small TC never gets too hot to handle

I have some cool stuff coming. Turntable stands are back and some have a native 18mm opening. I will have 2 injector bowls I will offer, one with a screen and one wit a glass screen. I dont make these but they are very well made. I hope to have a drop of TM Acrylic MP and a lot of other stuff next week

20230825-160948.jpg

20230825-161636.jpg

My new Vape Station

20230825-161547.jpg

olysh pops

Are those zirc balls
Here's a suggestion using borosilicate glass beads to vaporize old school hash with the Tasty. The vapours are so delicious :love:

Tasty-borosilicate-pearls-1.jpg

I buy borosilicate glass beads in China in sizes 5/6mm for the base of the small pile of beads and 3/4 mm for the top. When I run out, I even use glass beads for children's games.

In my case, the point of adding beads is to increase the vaporization surface of the hash, which will melt and spread out on these beads with the hot air. The thermal retention capacity of the beads is certainly of interest, but I don't see it in my objective. That's why I use quartz beads less frequently than borosilicate or even soda-lime beads. But I'd like to learn more about the subject if anyone has any information to share ?

Happy steaming with the Tasty

do you have a few in the QC18 as well
Wow, the Quartz Cap, what an impressive vaporizer !

With classic hash on glass balls for a great extraction :

Quartz-Cap-The-Rogue-Wax-Works-1.jpg

Quartz-Cap-The-Rogue-Wax-Works-2.jpg

Quartz-Cap-The-Rogue-Wax-Works-4.jpg

Thanks for your work @RogueGuy

:peace:

MoltenTiger

@olysh awesome set up and such good vibes!
I'll have to put the feelers out for some hash, looks splendid and a great way to use it

Butane Torch Kitchen Blow Lighter - Japan's Original Culinary Torches Head Chef Cooking Professional Adjustable Flame with Stabilizing Stand for Creme Brulee, Baking, BBQ (Butane Fuel Not Included) https://a.co/d/gCdsFMF

Buddy of mine uses something similar to this to light his cigars. I Always thought it was absolutely ridiculous to use something that big to light cigars as he burns the shit out of them all the time.

But for something like the terpsickle or your new toy, it may work pretty decent

And the price is pretty good. All u need is a bottle of butane. No refilling a stand alone torch needed😂
Yeah something like that would be pretty good. A lot of the ones I'm finding in Aus have really bad reviews due to imminent failure, which is what I'm finding with the lighters I have here. A lot of questionable wares, the basic smaller kitchen jet lighter I had failed after my first bowl and a handful of run times for dabs.
I have a better torch but it's on loan and I'll try to collect it this weekend. It's probably still on the wimpy side. I will probably buy something more appropriate, or simply more powerful/convenient like you have suggested anyway. Thanks.

glad you are enjoying both. I haven't tried the screen up that high but i'm happy to see that you are using it for a relatively small bowl. These have massive bowls but have very good performance with relatively small amounts
Both items are so enjoyable! Last night was bliss.
The QC18 bowl is huge, even that relatively small bowl is more flower than I'd one hit, probably 50% more. But it's versatile. I got very even ABV.

I scraped half a TM2 basket worth cleaning up the BCG and with this tiny amount (~0.05g but kiefy) the Quartz Cap performance was still super impressive. It's so easy to use. Fantastic design and so simple.

I can't wait to fill it up to find out what happens. It is going to be amazingly powerful and terpy, it is much better suited in my vape line up than expected.
Extremely happy with the exceptional value here.
Blowing up trichomes and watching the flower shrivel is awesome.

It's so simple yet it just works a treat.

I have some cool stuff
It is exactly cool enough for fuckcombustion purposes!
Awesome work, some of the best I've been party to. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom