Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

Cannabiker

I have more than one reach test. There's the sitting at the computer test, the mid-ride safety break test, and the melting into the couch test. I have best-in-class gear for each situation.

However, for the ultimate reach test, those moments when I want the thickest, most flavorful, most effective hit possible, the 18mm Quartz Cap always wins. With a loose, unpacked load, it feels like it can extract everything, all at once. It's not the most convenient vape, which makes it even more of a treat when I want the best hit.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Let the testing begin!!

Just got a custom coil for the 18 and 14mm Quartz Caps

20240306-115938.jpg

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Some days I wonder how @RogueGuy manages - surrounded by an intoxicating array of fabulous creations - to keep innovating in this space. I use something of his once, maybe twice a day, and I'm done. Imagine the development/refining process? - especially if you're a one-person R&D. Thanks Dave.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Here is the 14mm @450F with a 1 minute heat soak.

475 x 1

https://streamable.com/e8bh7s

@Perfect_Speed4069 I have really cut back lately so my tolerance is low. Yesterday was my first day of testing and I was asleep on the couch by 5

@Cannabiker I hadn't thought about that. All my experiments with the wand were a bust because it wouldn't see it half the time

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

For sure! Looks like a reliable heat source for the entire duration. Seems like it’d be heavy to lift and my fingers aren’t getting any better with age lol. Maybe a two handed tandem lift :)
What we need is a new coil stand with a mechanism based on automatic turntables. The coil would swing over and drop the head right onto the bowl. ; )

pretty-chill

I just posted about the 18 mm quartz cap on a different thread about vaping with cotton, and I figured I should post it here too! I've been using Japanese cotton to roll up traditional dry sift in, and this is the first time I'm getting very satisfying results from vaping hash!

I'm also using a little bit of the same cotton at the bottom of the quartz cap instead of a mesh screen. It doesn't seem to affect the taste of the flower much at all, and makes clean up a real breeze because I just reach into the quartz cap with a little poker and pull out the cotton which pulls with it all of the AVB.

As a general endorsement for the 18 mm quartz cap too, this is probably my favorite vape ever! I used to have a terpedo too, and that was one of my favorites, oftentimes even winning the reach test compared to my old head hot rod. However, it was missing a bit of the oomph that the hot rod was giving me. This 18 mm quartz cap on my 18 mm bong, has incredible airflow and produces an insane amount of vapor with amazing taste. This definitely has as much, if not more oomph than the hot rod, although I don't have one to compare to now. I bought the quartz cap to see if it could quell my VAS for a Vapvana screwball, and while I'm still curious about the screwball, I've been so happy with the quartz cap over the last few months that I haven't considered getting any other heavy hitting vapes yet, and have a feeling that my VAS may actually be cured for a few more months at the very least haha.

The thing I like the most about it, is that it retains the heat really well and has a large capacity. I almost always vape together with my wife, so it's nice to pack one bigger bowl and pass it back and forth to each other because it keeps producing vapor for about 2.5 minutes for us. Definitely a nice social vape in that regard, and easy for vaporizer naive people to hit and still get great vapor production from! I'm also really curious about the mega quartz cap now as a party vape. Seeing just how crazy the 18 mm quartz cap is already, I can't imagine just how wild things would get with close to a gram of flower in the mega quartz cap!

TedJones

I'm also using a little bit of the same cotton at the bottom of the quartz cap instead of a mesh screen. It doesn't seem to affect the taste of the flower much at all,
Good tip, gonna try it out :tup:I do like the heavy bucket screen vs others tried but there’s something about no metal in an all glass setup too. Found this out quickly with the terp mini.

pretty-chill

When I had a terpedo, I would just put a small chunk of flower in as a screen, but I'd need a fairly large chunk of flower in the 18 mm quartz cap haha. The cotton is the closest I can get to that. I think it slightly mutes the flavor, but it's very nice for convenience and cleanliness. It's a really good filter for very small piece of flower, so now I'm not getting any tiny bits of flower in my bong, which is nice!

TedJones

Alright I tried the cotton in the terpcicle last night since QC was icky. Saved it from combusting 2 secs into the pull :wave: Partially my fault since I had the flame too close. But also thinking the lack of the little bit of metal may have contributed?? Went at it again today, keeping a better eye on the flame, and knocked off a couple seconds of heat time. Nice! A bit of a unique taste at the end of pull 2 .. definitely different than wet cotton too!

pretty-chill

Nice! Yeah, I imagine the metal screen probably absorbs a decent amount of heat so that may have been what caused the difference for you. It does taste a little bit different sometimes, especially if I use a less refined cotton. With the muji rushi 165 I'm currently mainly using, there is very little taste but maybe an ever so slight linen type of aroma perhaps. Hard to put a finger on, just like it's hard for me to put a finger on exactly how a metal screen changes the taste.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
When VAS hits you hard and you've also infected your buddy with it by now:

One minute after I took the photo, I managed to drop the connector of one of the Terpcicles... :doh::bang:

Luckily I had also ordered a 14/18mm connector! 😮‍💨 Well, another order has been placed with TRWW...

Now it's time to do some science. :science:

EDIT: How am I supposed to get the screen out of the bowl of the Quartz Cap 18mm again...? :hmm:

Last edited:

nicknobody

When VAS hits you hard and you've also infected your buddy with it by now:

One minute after I took the photo, I managed to drop the connector of one of the Terpcicles... :doh::bang:

Luckily I had also ordered a 14/18mm connector! 😮‍💨 Well, another order has been placed with TRWW...

Now it's time to do some science. :science:

EDIT: How am I supposed to get the screen out of the bowl of the Quartz Cap 18mm again...? :hmm:
That’s an epic haul! Nice work.

If you haven’t tried a similar all glass device you are sure in for a treat

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
If you haven’t tried a similar all glass device you are sure in for a treat

That was actually my first time right now. And holy sh... I'm having quite a bit of trouble writing this post right now. :whoa: And then the taste... :bowdown:

Long poker from underneath to push it out of top.

All right, thanks. After I've already broken the connector, I don't want to try anything stupid again...

Congrats! Looks like almost one of everything :D

Haha yeah, it's a lot... :lol: One of the Terpcicles and the Mini are for a friend though.

I’ve been enjoying the newer mini lately :rockon:

Yeah, nice! Cheers! :tup:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.

It really looks like the device of a mad scientist from the twenties lol... :science:
I just don't quite understand the point of the metal clamp? The Terpcicle can be easily touched at the connection, the same applies to the heater.

I'm still a bit worried with all that glass (spare parts are great, shipping costs to Switzerland not so much), but I'm already having a lot of fun with the new pieces. :rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom