• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Glass 101

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
I'm lucky my state sells everclear 95% food grade ethyl alcohol. Eases my mind using cleaners I could drink if I wanted to haha
So lucky! where I live in Canada they don't have over 60% usually at the LC. you need to have documentation to prove you won't drink it to get higher alc.

My glass is all cloudy i simply cannot get clean my bubbler there are still bits stuck on the inside iso rinses will not remove it.
, And another issue is honeyoil inside perculators again iso wont dissolve it in rinses. What would you try to dissolve it?
PBW powdered brewery wash. Get it cheap on amazon. You don't even need to soak they work quick.

Also, I recommend cleaning with dish soap after that, and then a quick ISO rinse.

After that, you should stick to distilled water, so it won't put mineral deposits on your glass, and it filters the vapour more effectively.

rodders83

Thanks for the advice folks, Its not hard water i think its THC but will try the vinegar if it keeps happening. But first will use salt and iso and try again.

@LesPlenty

Thanks but i got some plugs here unfortunately so i am well stocked but im sure others need them. Good spot ! :)

Vapouristo

Company Rep
Thanks for the advice folks, Its not hard water i think its THC but will try the vinegar if it keeps happening. But first will use salt and iso and try again.

I used to think the same thing, but it is literally mineral deposits combined with lipids from the vapour, that's why its white.

Kins

I used to think the same thing, but it is literally mineral deposits combined with lipids from the vapour, that's why its white.

If you are talking about the white deposits on sides of bong or wherever they usually come right off with some 95% iso and some salt rocks.

Kins,
Reactions: arb

Chandler

Need some help. Recently upgraded my bubbler, bigger piece from a tiny sneaky Pete globe. Now my only dropdown can't clear the top of the rig, need something with either a different design or a wider gap before the drop. I can't find ANYTHING from Canadian vendors. The drop down I currently have is the one sneaky Pete sells.
Thanks

Chandler,
Reactions: arb

Vapouristo

Company Rep
Need some help. Recently upgraded my bubbler, bigger piece from a tiny sneaky Pete globe. Now my only dropdown can't clear the top of the rig, need something with either a different design or a wider gap before the drop. I can't find ANYTHING from Canadian vendors. The drop down I currently have is the one sneaky Pete sells.
Thanks
get a NG (nice glass) drop down from your local headshop (its a canadian brand I believe). Or order it from a canadian online headshop.

Chandler

@LesPlenty that looks alot like what I'm using. Too narrow a gap.
@Vapouristo like I mentioned, online Canadian headshops I can't find anything besides sneaky Pete's option. Locally, they didn't have what I needed. If you come across something I'd appreciate the link.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I used to love them, but have now cycled out of all my dewar joints... hated using adapters (more glass to clean) and there would always be a vape or two that would not seal right because the joints were too low.

Dingleb3rry

Loving my Luke Wilson incycler, but I’m kind of horrified to find that the glass is already showing water stains in the upper chamber, oddly.

Piece is maybe a month old, so I’m pretty surprised. I’ll be trying a few of the methods here (iso doesn’t seem to help) and report back in a few weeks. I guess I’ll be switching to distilled water once I get the mess cleaned.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Loving my Luke Wilson incycler, but I’m kind of horrified to find that the glass is already showing water stains in the upper chamber, oddly.

Piece is maybe a month old, so I’m pretty surprised. I’ll be trying a few of the methods here (iso doesn’t seem to help) and report back in a few weeks. I guess I’ll be switching to distilled water once I get the mess cleaned.

Vinegar soak will pull hard water deposits.

Dingleb3rry

Will keep that in mind. Actually my dumb (over dabbed ) ass was using my weak, diluted iso that I use for frequent cleaning.

A little bit of 90 strength got me back to perfect, brand new!! Whew. But I was incredibly confused because my tap water is filtered, and I couldn’t believe stains would appear that quickly. Like everything, a little prevention goes a long way

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
On nicer pieces are folks mostly using distilled water to prevent hard water staining/deposits these days? I usually give mine a rinse with distilled water after cleaning, but I don't fill with it.

Also does anyone have an online source for good cranberry extract? The closest local shop that seems like it would have it is a 45 minute drive. I just want to give it a go to see if it helps maintain my glass without negatively impacting taste.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I use Botanic Choice 5:1 cranberry extract which I was able to just source off of Amazon. From what I've read the uber heady folks are indeed filling with distilled water, personally I don't worry about it but I'm not toking out of multi thousand dollar glass art installations.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I use bottled water for everything at my place because our tap water smells of chlorine. It isn't distilled, but it is "purified". I even make my coffee from it.

I usually get my CE direct from https://www.botanicchoice.com/, or from Amazon. It retails at $10 but I usually place an order when someone is selling it for $7.50 a bottle. Walmart, Walgreens and other vendors may sell it online as well. Usually I find when I order it from someone other than Botanic Choice it ends up being drop shipped from them anyway.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I use bottled water for everything at my place because our tap water smells of chlorine. It isn't distilled, but it is "purified". I even make my coffee from it.

I get my CE direct from https://www.botanicchoice.com/, or from Amazon. It retails at $10 but I usually place an order when someone is selling it for $7.50 a bottle. Walmart, Walgreens and other vendors may sell it online as well. Usually I find when I order it from someone other than Botanic Choice it ends up being drop shipped from them anyway.
Yeah I take my coffee pretty seriously, so I keep distilled water on hand to mix with Third Wave Water pouches (when I was living on the east coast the water was clean enough and tasty enough that I just used it from the tap, I'm back in the midwest due to covid and it was killing my coffee so I had to break down and get something with the right mineral balance) so I could potentially fill with it if there are benefits, but I'm not really rocking any heady glass either so maybe I'll just try the CE. Thanks gents!

One final question--so far I've been lucky putting my cheap local headshop bubbler and DH gate through my dishwasher (I typically do at least a hot water rinse daily so they're never disgusting). This seems like a bad idea for nicer pieces and eventually living with others who may not like the idea of it (again, I'm putting in very clean pieces--its just to get things I can't reach!), so I should probably switch to simple green or iso + rock salt. Do any of you know of good plugs for the various holes in a bong/rig? I think just a set of mixed sized corks from amazon would probably do fine?

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Yeah I take my coffee pretty seriously, so I keep distilled water on hand to mix with Third Wave Water pouches (when I was living on the east coast the water was clean enough and tasty enough that I just used it from the tap, I'm back in the midwest due to covid and it was killing my coffee so I had to break down and get something with the right mineral balance) so I could potentially fill with it if there are benefits, but I'm not really rocking any heady glass either so maybe I'll just try the CE. Thanks gents!

One final question--so far I've been lucky putting my cheap local headshop bubbler and DH gate through my dishwasher (I typically do at least a hot water rinse daily so they're never disgusting). This seems like a bad idea for nicer pieces and eventually living with others who may not like the idea of it (again, I'm putting in very clean pieces--its just to get things I can't reach!), so I should probably switch to simple green or iso + rock salt. Do any of you know of good plugs for the various holes in a bong/rig? I think just a set of mixed sized corks from amazon would probably do fine?
I bought silicone plug set off Amazon and I fn love it. Use purified water in my glass. I wash with iso and rock salt every couple of days and use PBW soak every week to get it good as new again

Top Bottom