• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Tommybwell

Well I'm glad this site is up and running and even happier that I came here. I'm an MV1 superfan and was devastated when my last one died. I have two bad latches and one that is nearly new that won't turn on. I had moved them to the closet and bought a Firefly 2+ that I have never been happy with. I'm going to do a little surgery on the spring and get them back in service. Is there a reset for the one that won't turn on?

MinnBobber

Well I'm glad this site is up and running and even happier that I came here. I'm an MV1 superfan and was devastated when my last one died. I have two bad latches and one that is nearly new that won't turn on. I had moved them to the closet and bought a Firefly 2+ that I have never been happy with. I'm going to do a little surgery on the spring and get them back in service. Is there a reset for the one that won't turn on?

Reset is usually take out battery and re-insert. Assume you have tried that.

bgrpph

I smashed my spring in and could not be happier. I just shoved some scissors through the door. It took two tries but I am up and running. I hope someone else comes out with a quality on demand vape that uses dosing caps before too long.
I'm in similar situation as you with a stealth with broken latch (that i'll look to repair shortly), a black chrome that turns on but doesn't heat up when vape button pushed & a nicely working black chrome- My MV1 has been my go to vape for few yrs now & i really enjoy it. I've found that using a fully charged battery when it hits 2 lights, swaping out heat sinks after vaping 6 crucibles or so , & always using a clean lid makes it a bit more consistent. Easy for me as i have 6 heat sinks, 6 batteries & tons of crucibles after returning a few units to Ghost since they only wanted back the unit itself- not the sinks, batteries, crucibles.

I've been using my new TinyMight a lot in last 2 weeks & find it as good as everyone has been posting, cept i don't like having to find my glasses & strain using the light from the TV to adjust the temp settings. (ooh such issues-ha)

Choices

Is an MV1 worth picking up these days for around $100? I've seen a few here and there and have been tempted.
I guess it depends what else you could do with the $100. Is it just for kicks? Sure! The battery isn’t really an issue if you have some basic skills to open it up and switch out the 18650s inside. The latch issue can be overcome as well. It just amounts whether you are looking for a daily driver or neat finicky convertible for the weekend and sunny days. I like my Stealth but I never push it too hard so my feelings need to be discounted somewhat compared to others...

bgrpph

Is an MV1 worth picking up these days for around $100? I've seen a few here and there and have been tempted.
i picked a Ghost MV1 from cream city vapes last month for $115-i asked b4 i bought & it was sealed unit. it took few weeks for them to ship it but it arrived ok & i was in no rush as i had a working MV1- glad i bought it, as my black chrome unit stopped heating up so i'm now using this new one. I've lots of ghost accessories & have been using the MV1 as my main unit for yrs.
I've been using a TinyMight a lot lately & in place of my Ghost & like it a lot- Its a great product as many others have said here, tho I do think the flavor is a bit better at low temps with the Ghost than TM. But TM is wonderful & getting to learn it more daily.

I'm always confused when people talk about GhostVapes like they were some kind of scam. They had the best customer service and replacement policy of any company out there as far as I can tell. My wife's died after two years and they replaced it no questions asked. Luckily that was a few weeks before they went under. They certainly had some design and quality control issues, but I didn't ever see them operating in bad faith.

They just tried and failed, it happens.
I agree 100%- Once u documented an issue Ghost would have a new unit in your hands in 2 or 3 days then u'd ship back u're defective unit (less the battery & heat sink which they'd tell me to keep)- Absolutely the best customer service i've encountered. So i now have 6 heat sinks, 5 batteries, 15 crucibles & one working MV1 (a black chrome I just picked up)- my stealth had door closing issue & i took it all apart a few weeks ago to ck it out & got it back together w/o repairing anything- yesterday i took it apart again to take out the door spring so i could use it but just can't get it back together correctly (tried for over an hour- just doesn't go together correctly)- can't figure it out- Then took apart my other Black Chrome that stopped heating up (was going to use guts from stealth unit that worked to fix my black chrome) but as much as i tried couldn't either the stealth or black chrome back together correctly. Frustrated after more than an hour, i put all parts in zip lock for another try in the future. i've got one working Ghost & a new TinyMight to keep me happy.

Last edited:

badbee

I love my MV1 and considered getting another as a spare but decided against it. My next purchase will probably be a TinyMight. To me the TinyMight is the vape that has the most intentionally tried to solve the same problems as the MV1, but without the unreliable over-engineering. Swinging doors and crucibles are not required to achieve good convection and good cooling.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
i picked a Ghost MV1 from cream city vapes last month for $115-i asked b4 i bought & it was sealed unit. it took few weeks for them to ship it but it arrived ok & i was in no rush as i had a working MV1- glad i bought it, as my black chrome unit stopped heating up so i'm now using this new one. I've lots of ghost accessories & have been using the MV1 as my main unit for yrs.
I've been using a TinyMight a lot lately & in place of my Ghost & like it a lot- Its a great product as many others have said here, tho I do think the flavor is a bit better at low temps with the Ghost than TM. But TM is wonderful & getting to learn it more daily.

I agree 100%- Once u documented an issue Ghost would have a new unit in your hands in 2 or 3 days then u'd ship back u're defective unit (less the battery & heat sink which they'd tell me to keep)- Absolutely the best customer service i've encountered. So i now have 6 heat sinks, 5 batteries, 15 crucibles & one working MV1 (a black chrome I just picked up)- my stealth had door closing issue & i took it all apart a few weeks ago to ck it out & got it back together w/o repairing anything- yesterday i took it apart again to take out the door spring so i could use it but just can't get it back together correctly (tried for over an hour- just doesn't go together correctly)- can't figure it out- Then took apart my other Black Chrome that stopped heating up (was going to use guts from stealth unit that worked to fix my black chrome) but as much as i tried couldn't either the stealth or black chrome back together correctly. Frustrated after more than an hour, i put all parts in zip lock for another try in the future. i've got one working Ghost & a new TinyMight to keep me happy.
This pretty much proves one is better off bending that spring inwards than risking a reassembly. There is simply no need.

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
Goodbye Ghost. Keep your green silicone piece of crap. They are laughing all the way to the bank. They are still selling them and not a warning about the warranty. When you buy something the warranty is part of it. Since it doesn't exist doesn't that mean they are stealing?

Great Marketing. They had me lined up.

Vape Master,
Reactions: LesPlenty

BangBoomBang

Goodbye Ghost. Keep your green silicone piece of crap. They are laughing all the way to the bank. They are still selling them and not a warning about the warranty. When you buy something the warranty is part of it. Since it doesn't exist doesn't that mean they are stealing?

Great Marketing. They had me lined up.

I don't get your point? The service of Ghost was excellent?

cosimo

If you already know the vape and like it, go ahead. I did it to have a spare for my MV1 which I love. But taking into account that there's no warranty, It might be better to save those bucks for a vape from a company that's still alive. I'm getting a dif vape for more regular use and let the MV1 for special occasions or for when I actually need a portable.. i mostly vape at home though.

Great info... I mainly use my MV1 at the lowest temps and was about top get one but changed my mind and am going to get a desktop vape.

Sn4Pz

Not sure why everyone is so hesitant to disassemble and rebuild their ghosts... I had a stealth with a faulty door latch (the piece that locks the door in chipped off), and I replaced the door with a part I got from the ghost team. (They're disbanded... So I think I can break my promise of keeping quiet about it 🤫).

<- imgur link because I can't insert the picture on mobile

Honestly a super simple procedure (save for lining up the silicone bits so they're airtight... Lol)

Anyways, I'm posting because I'm curious if there's ever been work done to create a desktop power supply. I'm tired of using and recharging a battery, and since I always vape at my desk it seems like a no brainer.

Let me know guys!

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I keep flip flopping on what to do with my batteries. I just got a new unit today. I have two good batteries that I rotate. Should I add the new one to the rotation or save it until one dies.

I would rotate all of them.

I use my Ghost the same, a great portable with the crucibles.

Two weeks ago we had a power outage, so no desktop. Having the Ghost saved the day.

badbee

Anyways, I'm posting because I'm curious if there's ever been work done to create a desktop power supply. I'm tired of using and recharging a battery, and since I always vape at my desk it seems like a no brainer.

Here is a thread with pictures of mine hooked up to a PC power supply converted into a bench supply and a variable DC motor controller to step it down to 8.5 V. https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/6432/page/p1.

My parts to build a 12 V to 8.5 V converter inside a battery casing came in last week from DigiKey. I've been playing with building an induction heater since then so haven't worked on this yet. I'll post details and a picture later this week. Let me know if you have any questions.

They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Given the company failed I'm guessing nobody laughed and somebody lost their shirt and never got to go to the bank. The loss of the warranty is irritating but our loss doesn't always mean someone else's gain. On this project I think everybody lost.

The retailers I saw still selling the MV1 had a prominent warning that the manufacturer warranty no longer existed and they were providing 30 days to return if not satisfied. Not what you want but not the retailers fault. It is inappropriate if the retailer isn't making that information known.

badbee

It's been a slow week in the MV1 thread...

OK, this looks like the work of a madman but is a functioning voltage regulator for an MV1 that will fit inside the battery housing. it's straight off the LM338 data sheet for a 10 A supply. Power source is a 12v 8A laptop style power brick (which just happens to be perfect for an IH as well). At the bottom left and center you can see the voltage regulation ICs clamped to a piece of flattened 3/8 copper pipe that is acting as a heat sink.

I like to breadboard everything first, now to stuff all the relevant bits into the housing. Well not now, now it's time for an evening vape and I won't remember how this works in an hour. :)

Ghost-WVoltage-Reg-2.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Or for the price of one Ghost battery,
But I do like the Frankenstein look!

Top Bottom