Discontinued Ghost MV1

cheeseholidays

No kidding. I had overheating issues and they just sent me a new one and didn’t want the original back, even though it’s essentially in decent working order. So now I have two operable units for the price of one. Crazy.

For real, I was in a group that did some testing for their app/firmware updates and they sent everyone involved a second free one, a fast charger, and a crucible dispenser.

To this day I think it’s the hardest hitting portable I’ve used and maxing the temp is like turning on easy mode for it (just don’t go too far lol). All you had to do was keep it sort of clean, not overfill it, and keep it charged.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
As I have broken my USB port charging option:disgust: on my battery and can only charge it with the fast charger I thought I would grab a CreamCityVape unit for US$115, long story short....they do not post to Oz.:cry:
Cheaper options are running out!

cosimo

As I have broken my USB port charging option:disgust: on my battery and can only charge it with the fast charger I thought I would grab a CreamCityVape unit for US$115, long story short....they do not post to Oz.:cry:
Cheaper options are running out!

My Mv1 has been performing so well lately I think I will get myself one more ... thanks for the info. I thouhgt it was only p-up who were selling it cheaper, dumb me.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
For real, I was in a group that did some testing for their app/firmware updates and they sent everyone involved a second free one, a fast charger, and a crucible dispenser.

To this day I think it’s the hardest hitting portable I’ve used and maxing the temp is like turning on easy mode for it (just don’t go too far lol). All you had to do was keep it sort of clean, not overfill it, and keep it charged.
When it works, it’s fantastic. It’s just pretty damn fussy. And yeah, once the battery starts to drain the performance degrades quickly. (And “keeping it charged” is harder than it sounds. Takes fucking forever, and won’t hold a charge if you leave it in standby mode, which is easy to do to say the least.)

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
The fast charger fixes both those problems as the unit shuts off the Bluetooth and enters shipping mode whenever the battery is taken out and reinstalled, my only option now anyway!
Yeah as I recall the fast charger was totally out of stock everywhere when I got my MV last December. (And at this point I'm not sinking any more cash into it.) Would definitely solve the problem though....that USB charger is the slowest thing I've ever seen. It's actually shocking how long it takes to charge it. 12 hours plus is just crazy.

Djsleepy

I wanted to post this for those that bought a ghost within last 90 days.....you can dispute charges with cc or bank as I did with Haze and won stating" that you bought a product partially due to the 5 yr warranty and they just closed up with no notice and ability to get service via warranty. I bought this product under false claims and material ommissions and want a full refund.

That last part is crucial wording, you'll need to provide proof such as screenshots showing you trying to reach out to get assisstance. I think ghost learned from Haze .....cause my case was easy to prove they were closed due to fact none of emails worked but ghost has left everything on but noone there to help.....I would use the April 7th post from one of the owners stating ghost is closings as proof of business closed.

I hope this helps whoever .....I hate the fact haze and ghost both knew the situation they were in and lied for six months about fact they were fundraising to stay afloat( ghost in closing letter said they were fundraising for a year!!!!!!!)......I get you do what you gotta do but if ain't gonna work don't screw people and leave them high and dry. That's my :2c:

Have a great day stay safe!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
It amazes me when I see FC folk who remain loyal and emotionally vested in a vape and it's manufacturer when the signs that the business is failing first show themselves and continue to escalate.

I'm not saying that one or two minor business issues like being out of stock is enough to stop believing and cut your losses...... but taking a step back and waiting to see if anything else happens isn't a bad idea if a purchase is involved.

If it were a company's stock most would sell that sucker the second they saw those same signs.

Happens a bunch round here.....maybe it's because everyone on FC is so nice.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
So I'm having a bit of a dilemma concerning my Ghost. When I first started vaping, I went with portables for some reason, starting with a Firefly, and then moved to the MV1. I decided to give a desktop a try and purchased a Evo, and it's been my go to since. I still want to have a portable in my rotation, but my experience with the MV1 has been really inconsistent. I have a lightly used stealth and NIB satin silver, I'm thinking of selling these and moving to a different platform.

Have any of you owned a Crafty or the new Crafty+, and if so how did it compare with the MV1?

BestBuds

The Dude
So I'm having a bit of a dilemma concerning my Ghost. When I first started vaping, I went with portables for some reason, starting with a Firefly, and then moved to the MV1. I decided to give a desktop a try and purchased a Evo, and it's been my go to since. I still want to have a portable in my rotation, but my experience with the MV1 has been really inconsistent. I have a lightly used stealth and NIB satin silver, I'm thinking of selling these and moving to a different platform.

Have any of you owned a Crafty or the new Crafty+, and if so how did it compare with the MV1?
Boy they are WORLDS apart when it comes to use. The Mighty beats the crap out of mv1 in that aspect. For me personally I don't love conduction vapor flavor but mighty is the best conduction vapor I've ever had.

I bought a mv1 when it first came out and it boiled down to this. I loved the vapor, I hated using it. After a crap ton of wasted money I jumped on the TM early and won!
TinyMight has the vapor I'm looking for and the ease of use and size I wanted. It ticks every box for me except looks. I'm in the process of selling the majority of my vape collection because the TM is it for me.

Some-new-user

I have a crafty+ mighty and MV1 for me the S&B Vapes are spot on for consistency. The flavour of the vapour leaves something to be desired - plastic mouthpiece feel. The flavour and 'punch' of the MV1 made(makes) it my favourite vape.

I really like the S&B devices on low temps - sub 350f gets some really nice terps. For me the crafty+ seems to extract a little faster than my mighty (purchased mighty 2018 after extra 20% capacity was added). If a mighty + was announced and this didn't add a replaceable battery option or USB C I would buy another mighty as a backup. My crafty + is always on charge. Other than this, the size and the screen/bluetooth app there's not much difference in performance and vapour profile.

I use my mighty multiple times a day, 2 years and not really had to maintain it much. It's very forgiving. I've had the crafty+ since Christmas and have 50 hours on that, only had one time where it didn't seem to want to heat up like it was stuck 1 degree below the set temperature. I turned it off and on and that solved it. Like I say for me the battery sucks, a power bank will solve this.

Now I reserve my MV1 sessions for my decent more fresh herbs and the other vapes for my everyday usage.

kiddvudu2

still using it, one of my favorite portables, VERY easy to clean too
Still my favorite too brother. Love the experience of the session (flavor, coolness, size of load, etc). Love the simple maintence. Love the ability to carry a clip of refills. yadda yadda. I feel more bummed out than pissed towards Ghost, but I wan'st burned, nor even really aware, of what happened with the Haze Square. Still hoping whoever's brain(s) designed this thing will bring something else back to market. This damn covid is putting a major chiller on those hopes though.

@Djsleepy Hey brother, been a while since I saw an alert with your name attached. Good to hear from you man. And as always, on point with that post. I don't think I'll try to dispute, but it is excellent information.

Peese!

stinkytofus

Still my favorite too brother. Love the experience of the session (flavor, coolness, size of load, etc). Love the simple maintence. Love the ability to carry a clip of refills. yadda yadda. I feel more bummed out than pissed towards Ghost, but I wan'st burned, nor even really aware, of what happened with the Haze Square. Still hoping whoever's brain(s) designed this thing will bring something else back to market. This damn covid is putting a major chiller on those hopes though.

@Djsleepy Hey brother, been a while since I saw an alert with your name attached. Good to hear from you man. And as always, on point with that post. I don't think I'll try to dispute, but it is excellent information.

Peese!
I was hoping they come out with a single battery version, that wouldve flew off shelves

disGRUNTled

Damn , as someone who has a small business (4 years), sh*t is not easy.Anyways I got my Ghost MV1 free from a friend (reviewer) who had 2.Thing was brand new maybe used 1 or 2 times before I got it.I don't have a daily driver vape so take this as you want, but my experience has been nothing but good , great flavor and this thing hit damn hard always got me high AF quick.Have not used it in a while might bring it out this week.

Brewervapesalot

It amazes me when I see FC folk who remain loyal and emotionally vested in a vape and it's manufacturer when the signs that the business is failing first show themselves and continue to escalate.

Yeah. Lots of us sounded this alarm. I say this now because memories are short and there's a bunch of vape manufacturers that are gunna have problems undoubtedly with the chinese virus.

I wanted to post this for those that bought a ghost within last 90 days.....you can dispute charges with cc or bank as I did with Haze and won stating" that you bought a product partially due to the 5 yr warranty and they just closed up with no notice and ability to get service via warranty. I bought this product under false claims and material ommissions and want a full refund.

That last part is crucial wording, you'll need to provide proof such as screenshots showing you trying to reach out to get assisstance.

This is good advice. The matter is governed by UCC and that's generally customer (versus merchant) friendly on such claims. Plus who from Ghost is going to fight you in the dispute?

SquirrelMaster

Yeah. Lots of us sounded this alarm. I say this now because memories are short and there's a bunch of vape manufacturers that are gunna have problems undoubtedly with the chinese virus.

This is good advice. The matter is governed by UCC and that's generally customer (versus merchant) friendly on such claims. Plus who from Ghost is going to fight you in the dispute?

I've wondered which other makers COVID-19 will sink. We are nowhere near through this yet so anything could happen unfortunately. I only hope it's the shitty ones that go like G-Pen if anyone.

Djsleepy

I've wondered which other makers COVID-19 will sink. We are nowhere near through this yet so anything could happen unfortunately. I only hope it's the shitty ones that go like G-Pen if anyone.
Just look around at how many vape companies are out of stock with America possibly going after China financially vape products may not be restocked or if factories are changed to making PPE which is needed worldwide and 18 months till are vaccinated could be while if ever stocks are replenished imo

joner

Milaana 3 replaced all of my battery portables. I dont know if they're going to be available for purchase or not tho

joner,

Some-new-user

OK now that mv1 is gone what replaces it for close comparison what say you vapers
In my current line up nothing :huh: I have ff2 and plus. They are okay, close but for me the ghost is much more convenient and forgiving.

The ceramic pods and holders were a winner for me - stealth in my prohibited country (the country where this unit was designed)

I'm waiting on a vleaf go by vivant. I'm sort of hoping it will compare a little. I'm also looking at this taffe boule? It's an on demand convection butit has a cup built in? Maybe its detachable? That has similar ceramic pods if I see things correctly.

Theres the 510 stuff. I haven't tried the splinter yet. I have mod pod and imp. Personally I like more precise control (inside the vape) rather than leaving it down to a human to sense the heat. I have combused with these types of device and it puts me off.

The mighty/crafty+ for me is reliable. Rock solid in perfomance, just flavour is okay - once you get spoilt by the MV1. AVB is always even. With the MV1 I do still get hot spots now and again.

Boundless Tera seems to have a slightly nicer taste but does need a bit of extra work to get it going. It has removable batteries- 18650 none proprietary. Glass mouthpiece and a wpa included. I only ever use the plastic mouthpiece for 'out and about' but it's not horrible. Just gets hot and doesnt taste as nice as the glass.

This isn't an easy question. It depends a lot on your usage and what you want from the vape -

For me I sort of wished the MV1 had a session mode. There seemed like so much they could have done with the firmware. Like increase temperature by x amount every hit for temperature stepping. Give you the option of putting the battery indicator after the temperature setting when you hold the front button. After you take a draw and the battery level has gone down one bar. You should get a small vibrate and an indicator then two vibrations when you enter red. You should also be able to switch this off and on through the app.

Have a strong think about your usage habits. What do you prefer, what have you tried and what do you enjoy.

My big thing right now is saving. I am a little sad that I 'invested' (by buying products) in ghost and they havent made it. I could go out and buy another ghost unit and I know what they perform like but I am waiting now, I'm saving for something that's hopefully going to compare with the MV1 or be better. When that comes I want to have spare cash so I can 'invest' in that product/company again. The thing I feel here is that the dry herb vape industry is an industry and it needs to keep going it needs products like the haze and the MV1 and one's that fail to show people what can be done.

Top Bottom