***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I recently picked up a JRPG for my PS3 called Resonance of Fate. Just started playing it today. Anyone else have experience with this one?

Ramahs,
Reactions: florduh

masonjars

Are there any simracers here ? I would love to race with you on iracing -or Assetto Corsa if you don't have iracing)!
foto-no-exif.jpg
I've never dabbled in simracing, but space sims are my jam!
image0.jpg

This is my sad excuse for a proper sim-pit (also given I use mouse for 2 axes), but sure does the trick with all analog input and mouse control on all 6dof. I actually used to use thrustmaster t3pa-pro pedals before I got the VKB rudders, but didn't work out as well as I wanted them to for space-sims.

florduh

hell yea! Should be amazing... but anyone else kinda ready for an updated story?

The depth of the game is unmatched, but my interest level falters after the 3-4 generation of a game.

I doubt they'll be doing anything more than optimizing it for the Quest and adding motion controller support. But yeah all the GTA re-releases are getting ridiculous.

u1nlf42dt1671.png

Oh, also the Oculus name is going to die soon. Everything will fall under Facebook's new "Meta" name. The "Meta Quest" does not sound as cool, sorry Zuck.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Oh, also the Oculus name is going to die soon. Everything will fall under Facebook's new "Meta" name. The "Meta Quest" does not sound as cool, sorry Zuck.

Maybe they could go full cyberpunk and make some sort of full body VR enclosure, call it the Meta-Pod. Obvious Pokemon tie in as well, I'll take my check anytime :borg:

I've been playing alot of SnowRunner lately, good mix between relaxing and super frustrating but a good time sink none the less

florduh

Maybe they could go full cyberpunk and make some sort of full body VR enclosure, call it the Meta-Pod. Obvious Pokemon tie in as well, I'll take my check anytime :borg:

They're basically trying to be IOI from Ready Player One, controlling the future virtual world everyone will live in when reality becomes too bleak over the next few decades.

I probably won't be able to resist the pull. When I have time to game, it's almost always VR. Been playing the Blade and Sorcery "Dungeons" update lately. Just absurdly fun. And I have no idea how they pulled it off, but it's coming to the Quest 2

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member

Interesting. I have a Rift here as well. I don't just game with these they are also used for my work. I'm not a fan of FB and don't love they that own it or require an account with them to use it. What is nice about the quest 2 is not having customers dealing with the cords. We don't use it at work often although we could. Everything I draw is in 3D so can take advantage of the VR environment on every project if we'd make the effort. While very neat it is more of a gimic for us, not sure that it drives sales. We used to take a device to all of our trade shows, would generate foot traffic. People we were designing for loved the opportunity to walk around their facility in the VR world before it was ever a real building in ours. Covid kinda killed using this with multiple people. Now we just use it for specific clients that come into one of our branch offices.

florduh

Interesting. I have a Rift here as well. I don't just game with these they are also used for my work. I'm not a fan of FB and don't love they that own it or require an account with them to use it. What is nice about the quest 2 is not having customers dealing with the cords. We don't use it at work often although we could. Everything I draw is in 3D so can take advantage of the VR environment on every project if we'd make the effort. While very neat it is more of a gimic for us, not sure that it drives sales. We used to take a device to all of our trade shows, would generate foot traffic. People we were designing for loved the opportunity to walk around their facility in the VR world before it was ever a real building in ours. Covid kinda killed using this with multiple people. Now we just use it for specific clients that come into one of our branch offices.

Oh I love my Quest 2. I would've never even thought of trying VR unless it was at that $299 price point. And it's pretty incredible. The native apps were impressive enough. But doing PCVR wirelessly through Airlink. Out of this world. Especially in big, open world games like Skyrim or Fallout 4. Both have like 14 square mile maps at a 1:1 scale. It's like a real life Holodeck.

And it's all wireless. It's kind of hard to believe. I really think the Quest 2 is the best PCVR headset available right now, just for the wireless feature. And no tracking stations or anything. If I had to set all that up, I would've never bothered with VR. The Quest is like putting on a magical helmet. Super easy.

So I appreciate Facebook "Meta", making all of that happen. I just don't know how I feel about a company with a really shitty reputation on protecting privacy dominating VR forever. The Quest has like half a dozen tracking cameras on it. So Zuck has a map of all of our houses. I'm also pissed about the Oculus brand going away. It was a great name.

FC0T0W5aIAAhvnX

I've tried using my headset for work. Spawning a bunch of 100 inch monitors in VR is cool. But I think the headsets need to get lighter and more comfortable before that's practical.

Last edited:

Shadooz

Oh I love my Quest 2. I would've never even thought of trying VR unless it was at that $299 price point. And it's pretty incredible. The native apps were impressive enough. But doing PCVR wirelessly through Airlink. Out of this world. Especially in big, open world games like Skyrim or Fallout 4. Both have like 14 square mile maps at a 1:1 scale. It's like a real life Holodeck.

And it's all wireless. It's kind of hard to believe. I really think the Quest 2 is the best PCVR headset available right now, just for the wireless feature. And no tracking stations or anything. If I had to set all that up, I would've never bothered with VR. The Quest is like putting on a magical helmet. Super easy.

So I appreciate Facebook "Meta", making all of that happen. I just don't know how I feel about a company with a really shitty reputation on protecting privacy dominating VR forever. The Quest has like half a dozen tracking cameras on it. So Zuck has a map of all of our houses. I'm also pissed about the Oculus brand going away. It was a great name.

FC0T0W5aIAAhvnX

I've tried using my headset for work. Spawning a bunch of 100 inch monitors in VR is cool. But I think the headsets need to get lighter and more comfortable before that's practical.
The entry level price of VR are still limited this days.

Small FOV is just a "meh" to me...
I need 200°, but the price of a pimax and the graphic card u need, for early access kind of game. Will keep it as a "niche market" for long.

Even if "meta" (after "Alpha"bet... i will bring Omega :evil: ), try to be inspired by "ready player one", (he mays want to drop easter eggs everywhere :rofl:)..
There is still a technological gap, and when i see how American can drop their "finest entertainement", like the new "New world", with a huge budget...
i barely licked the decor, and spit it out immediately... Sugar coating is the only things they make good our last decade.. :cry:
VR can't process all that sugar in 4k 144hz, so they will have to bring nice gameplay to democratize

Last edited:
Shadooz,

stonedmallone

Played Hades for the first time two days ago and have had trouble breaking myself away from it ever since, highly recommend to anyone whos on the fence about getting it.

Was addicted to this game a few months back. Amazing game.

I have been playing Ocarina of Time for the idk, millionth time maybe? N64 games on the switch gave me yet another excuse to beat my favorite game of all time. I can beat this game with my eyes closed at this point.

Shadooz

Yeah, Hades is real dope if you like fast-paced roguelike dungeon crawlers. Highly recommended.
Hades, the first game to make me play controller joystick lefthand, mice right hand. So better feeling than a point and click.. taking the best of both worlds.

But it's a way too random rogue-lite.. without good gods, and so damage, I won't even bother trying theseus and minautor..

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Hades, the first game to make me play joystick lefthand mice right hand. So better feeling than a point and click.. taking the best of both worlds.

But it's a way to random rogue-lite.. without good god and damage, I won't even bother trying theseus and minautor..
Yea im stuck on Theseus and Minotaur right now. Oh well, good thing i dont have much going on today...

Edit: Was able to beat Theseus and the Minotaur with the power of a bunch of Zeus synergy and 5 bowls in the Lil bud. Died fighting Hades though...

Last edited:

florduh

I need 200°, but the price of a pimax and the graphic card u need, for early access kind of game. Will keep it as a "niche market" for long.

A big FOV would be nice. But I don't think that's what's keeping VR a niche market. I think it's the bulkiness and weight of current headsets. They're not bad, but a much smaller form factor and lower weight headset would help VR reach a wider audience. There should be a few smaller headsets released over the next year. Facebook/"Meta" teased one yesterday.

And while VR is very niche, I just saw Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners made $50,000,000. Beat Saber, $100,000,000. I was also kinda shocked that there are a handful of VR users here on FC. IMO, consumer level VR has only been available for about 2 years. Everything before that was only priced for real hobbyists.

I have been playing Ocarina of Time for the idk, millionth time maybe? N64 games on the switch gave me yet another excuse to beat my favorite game of all time. I can beat this game with my eyes closed at this point.

Dang, that's a blast from the past. Sort of makes me want a Switch.

florduh,

florduh

I meant the price of the whole rig... keep it a niche.

Never tried any, too expensive, for something not enough immersive... to me

Yeah, it's not for everybody. But the Quest is the same price as the Nintendo Switch, and doesn't require a PC. Everything runs on the headset. I just choose to also play PC games, streamed from my pretty mids gaming laptop.

Did that with Elite Dangerous last night. Not my favorite game but the sense of scale in VR is cool. Stars are really big, y'all!

florduh,
Reactions: 510MOD
Top Bottom