***Gamers*** What are you playing?

zor

Picked up Darkest Dungeon 2 early access on epic game store. It's fantastic so far and meeting the stupidly high standards the first game set. Lost half my party right at the end of my first run, unbelievably stressful encounter, god I love/hate this series so much

zor,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

I have never been a huge fan of the series, but I cant shake my interest for Resident Evil... I may have to purchase this one tonight.

Let me know if you do. I'm really stocked on games right now, but that game looks awesome and Oculus keeps sending me 30% off coupons.

florduh

Will do.

Have any of you all tried the sailing simulator?
It is appealing in a different way, like the complete opposite of Resident Evil.

I haven't. Is it called "Marineverse"? It does look very chill. I am in the market for something to play that's more relaxed, for when I have time to play, but am too tired/high for intense life or death situations. Either VR or 2D.

There's also a bunch of fishing games. Or I could just install a fishing mod for Skyrim.

florduh,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've tried a few fishing games and they are novel but IMO wear off fast... I've gotten serious into fly fishing over the last two years and it is just an impossible experience to capture.

Completely off topic, I pulled in a personal best rainbow trout a few weeks ago. It measured 28" and almost 13 lbs, and I hooked her on a 10 year old fly setup that my dad just gave me. Just can't recreate those feelings on sim.

bask

I'm playing Bad North right now.

It's a fun roguelite, but it has real-time action. You basically start with 2 platoons, but as you progress you can meet other platoons on other islands. If you click on an platoon you can move the platoon or perform a special attack and you have to level up as you go. Platoons also have a specific class (after the first upgrade), so there are infantry units, pikemen and archers. Clicking on a platoon also makes time go really slow, so you can adjust your tactics as you go. Attacking goes automatically, but if the platoon is too far away they will await orders.

The enemies will come in boats and try to burn down the houses on the island. For every house not burned down after the final wave you'll get a number of coins, which you can then use to upgrade the platoons. You gotta really make the right decisions to protect all the houses, but later on you might have to sacrifice a building. The attackers will still need to be dealt with. You can also lose platoons and meet new ones again. Some platoons also have a special ability like increased damage, half price special skills, shorter ability cooldowns and knockback resistance (among others). After every island you can upgrade and/or choose a new island to go to. Islands usually show all sorts of enemies that are coming, but not always. Sometimes they're hidden.

6 bucks on the Steam Halloween sale right now. Highly recommended if you enjoy these types of games.
It can run on a potato and only takes 300mb to install.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/688420/Bad_North_Jotunn_Edition/

1635607110505.png

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Looks pretty interesting, I might have to check it out! One of the devs for it, Oskar Stalberg made Townscaper which I also like to fuck around with when vaping.

florduh

This guy is one of the best, and most wholesome, VR Youtubers out there. I've basically only been playing Blade & Sorcery since the new update came out. He captures both the wonder and horror of the experience pretty well.

Fighting NPC's who move like actual humans, using your own hands and arms, is a pretty jarring experience. Sort of like going from NES to PS4. It's a whole new ballgame.

bask

Oskar Stalberg made Townscaper
That looks cool. Kinda sort of like Islanders. Also super chil relaxing game.

Bad North is definitely a bit more involved, although it starts out fairly easy. It becomes quite a challenge. But as you go you unlock more things and starting new games becomes more fun.

bask,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Got caught up pressing and haven't pulled trigger on Resident... I love the production quality but I'm just not a horror guy and cant seem to motivate myself to get off the fence.

That said, of all the shooters available on Oculus, what would be the most familiar for a Call of Duty/Medol of Honor kinda gamer (its been a while!)?

I am leaning between Onward and Sniper Elite.

FlyingLow,

florduh

Got caught up pressing and haven't pulled trigger on Resident... I love the production quality but I'm just not a horror guy and cant seem to motivate myself to get off the fence.

That said, of all the shooters available on Oculus, what would be the most familiar for a Call of Duty/Medol of Honor kinda gamer (its been a while!)?

I am leaning between Onward and Sniper Elite.

Probably Onward, you can't really go wrong with that. Also did you download Pavlov Shack? It was free over the summer, or in Beta. Depending on how soon you want a shooter, you may want to wait for this:

I haven't heard a solid release date, but there's only a few more weeks of Fall left.

florduh,
Reactions: Helios

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
THAT IS IT!
Exactly what I'm looking for!

looks like it is going to be some relaxing sailing tonight... I have enough titles to keep me busy for a couple more weeks!

FWIW~ really looking forward to my first sail tonight... trying to wait till the end of this World Series.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Had my first issues with Oculus tonight... MarineVerse Sailing will not load. When selected, the screen will momentarily flash to a banner for the game, then within 2-3 seconds, I am removed and backed out of the game.

I've tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling... Anyone have guidance on how to troubleshoot and get this game to load?

FlyingLow,

florduh

I've tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling... Anyone have guidance on how to troubleshoot and get this game to load?

That's exactly what I would've done, so I don't know for sure. You're not super low on hard drive space are you?

I don't see a troubleshooting page on their site but here's the app's support email: support@marineverse.com

You can file a support ticket with Oculus too, but their support is hit or miss. Sorry dude. I know this is a bummer.

MyCollie

Let me know how it is! Looks very cool, but I might be too much of a pussy. It seems like 90% of VR games now are terrifying lol.

It’s ok. I’m not sure it’s worth the price. I’m having trouble moving the character around so I need to explore the settings. Maybe it will get better as I get further into the game. .

MyCollie,

florduh

It’s ok. I’m not sure it’s worth the price. I’m having trouble moving the character around so I need to explore the settings. Maybe it will get better as I get further into the game. .

Are you doing "free locomotion" or teleport movement? I'm not sure why VR pushes teleport for comfort. I find it far more jarring than just moving like in a normal first person game.

florduh,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Medal of Honor has been released... after some initial frustration, it is downloading now.

The file is 41+GB HUGE!!!
For those like me with the 64GB headset, it pretty much requires uninstalling everything on your device. Kinda a bummer but I am taking the jump!

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I don't know at all about the VR scene but the increasing file sizes is a issue for sure especially when you can't just upgrade your drives. 60gb+ has became pretty common with AAA PC titles, Red Dead comes in at like 120gb edit: nevermind its actually 150 but what is another 30gb then

Last edited:

florduh

vape and vr and vape
how do you like that BoBo strap? I tried a cheap halo type strap earlier in the year and found it kind of janky and uncomfortable.

I’m interested in finding another one though. Halo straps let the headset sort of hang in front of your face, instead of being squeezed onto it. I even took off the facial interface. Worse immersion but no face irritation, bigger FOV, and you can more easily drink/vape

Medal of Honor has been released... after some initial frustration, it is downloading now.

Let me know how it is. I want to pick up a big Oculus native game when the next 30% off coupon hits my account to play over the holidays. It would be nice to play a AAA VR game without setting my laptop’s gpu on fire, and between Medal of Honor and RE4 that’s finally becoming possible.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Really enjoyed it, and played way later than anticipated....

I really like the ballistics and shooting more than any game I've tried so far. Story is as one would expect from the series, but does keep the action moving forward.

The gameplay is arguably easier than others I've tried also, easier to progress on Medal than Elite Sniper or Path of the Warrior.
It is a big environment, I've been going through the story mode slowly and enjoying covering as much ground as possible. I have not yet tried the multiplayer mode but I imagine I am going to be way outclassed by more experienced users.

Top Bottom