Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
20130814_121752_zpsa5a0a1c1.jpg

Ready for my day!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Yay, great way to start my day.

My daughter text'd me, to let me know that she had found her brother - again. He's back in prison.

*sigh*

His intake photo shows him looking HAPPY.

Well, at least I know now that he is alive, and closely supervised.

[Failure to register as a predator. He's 33 yrs old. Tender heart, happy child, not a single functioning "common sense" neuron in his head. ADHD, homeschooled for 11 years - so, wow, reflects really well on me, huh?]

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've been asked in the past why I am called mom of the "goons." Some think it's because I'm a mom to folks here and are offended that I feel they are goons. :rolleyes: Other's are happy that they are goons... :p (I'm specifically looking at you mvapes, Ship, and dorkus).

But the truth of the matter is that my kids are my goons. I was going to share this with one of my friends here, but my #1 Goon told me it was okay to post this. And, of course, there is only one thread I could possibly post this in. :lol: This is Number One Son in all his glory, representing Team Denmark at the Annual Beer Olympiad.

Edit: And while this may look silly, it is a very serious, 3 day event. Some leave badly hurt, some leave puking blood. They don't fuck around.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
glad to hear he's ok, enchantre.

other than the predator and home-school, that well coulda been me, if not for my wife.
just don't carry the guilt more than the responsibility, is my advice. it sounds like you've come a long way from the person that started out on that journey of motherhood. i'm confident you'll find a way from this place. even if your child doesn't respond.

@mom, i got a few buddy's that'd love to take your sons out drinking. did i mention portland has more strip clubs per capita than any other U.S. city? ;)

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I was going to post this in it's own thread, but here is just as good. They just did a study on the happiest cities in the US.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/happiest-states-_n_3696160.html

What I found interesting is the happiest cities all are known prominently for either producing craft beer or wine and are in marijuana legal states.

Scientific proof that weed and alcohol provide happiness. :D

Tweek

Tweek is Canada like here legal in some places not in others? Is the same hold true for growing as well? Some states you can grow and some you can't, some are legal some aren't.

Unfortunately, no...it's illegal everywhere....just tolerated better in certain areas (mainly BC) There was a time when we were leading the pack toward legalization, but then Harper was voted in and we got kicked back down to the dark ages.

All you can do here is apply for a med card, but the doctors are threatened that it's a bad career move, so most wont bother. And now with the changes in who can grow, most patients will probably be unable to afford their medicine anyways...or at least get crap. It's all so half assed.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
glad to hear he's ok, enchantre.

other than the predator and home-school, that well coulda been me, if not for my wife.
just don't carry the guilt more than the responsibility, is my advice. it sounds like you've come a long way from the person that started out on that journey of motherhood. i'm confident you'll find a way from this place. even if your child doesn't respond.

@mom, i got a few buddy's that'd love to take your sons out drinking. did i mention portland has more strip clubs per capita than any other U.S. city? ;)

Yeah, believe it or not, I am one of those Army or jail success stories. I have no doubt that if not for the US Army and the grace of God I would be in some prison right now a part of the Aryan Brotherhood trying to keep my ass somewhat in the same form it was prior to incarceration.

As far as Portland goes, a friend of mine was just there last week and he told me about a strip club with 40 craft beer taps. Only in Portland he said.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Yeah, that doesn't always work. Most are bisexual...until they get married and have kids, then they just become soccer moms. Either that or they dump you for another woman down the road. :freak:
no kids here. might be getting a vasectomy as a wedding gift to myself :tinfoil:
she says she's fine with it, but if she still gets pregnant, then she definitely gets to keep it. thankfully the best vasectomy doc in the country is up in seattle and my friend's family is close to him (he got his done there, as well).

i love that you called it soccer, too :clap:, not that i'm a fan of either football:worms:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I had a vasectomy . . . easy peazy lemon squeazy . . . They actually did the "triple tie" on me. Thats where snip the Vaz in two, then tie a nice knot in both ends. Then they heat cauterize and seal those ends. Then as a final touch they put on titanium clips, as a last resort, back behind the knots :)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I had a vasectomy . . . easy peazy lemon squeazy . . . They actually did the "triple tie" on me. Thats where snip the Vaz in two, then tie a nice knot in both ends. Then they heat cauterize and seal those ends. Then as a final touch they put on titanium clips, as a last resort, back behind the knots :)
Like this? ...
1038wea.png

Top Bottom