Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Needs sliced hard boiled eggs 🤔 still looks yummy 😋

Bad Dog,
  • Haha
Reactions: kel

Bad Dog

hehe yes, I thought about it, but there's wasn't room... hehe

I sometimes do a baked egg in the middle like this one with spinach. It's from a couple of months ago so the dough is not as nicely baked, it was still good though!

View attachment 11293
Looks scrumptious but can I make a small suggestion? Use quail eggs?!? That way you can use a few and more evenly distribute the yokey goodness.

Bad Dog,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Possibly, maybe, one day...

All my eggs come from the chickens on the farm, super tasty, proper shells that actually require some force to crack, properly yellow yolks, etc. I don't think any of the farmers around here have any quails, but I could ask around, someone will probably have some somewhere and if not the question may prompt a little investment!

kel,

Bad Dog

I can get them at my local farmers market that's a 5 minute drive up the road but if we are talking eggs my favorite is duck!

Bad Dog,

MinnBobber

Trying out my new pepper grinder on beef kabobs and mashed potatoes.
Why does picture show 640x480 etc as I did:
Attach files, click on pic to use, resize down, select, and it shows that misc stuff??,

Attachments

• B2361A48-95BF-44CB-8429-F65AC5AD87B2.jpeg
    B2361A48-95BF-44CB-8429-F65AC5AD87B2.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 42BCE0FA-4F01-4099-8041-398D6D81A785.jpeg
    42BCE0FA-4F01-4099-8041-398D6D81A785.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 6

kel

FuckMisogynists!
When you're eating breakfast at 1pm because you had beers the night before... this breakfast roll is the best way in my book:

Mushrooms fried in butter with chipotle, top quality smoked bacon - oven baked to perfection, a fried egg - yolk still runny and the edges slightly crispy, and HP Sauce on a lightly toasted oven bottom muffin 😋

Oh. my. god.

breakfast roll.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Radish Patiently Waiting to be Eaten
520e232250d550922e9893e32bbddbff44f522ab02b62f0ce841dbeaddab0caa.jpg

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Using up a few bits, cavolo nero a neighbour brought round, half an avocado, half a ball of fresh mozzarella, half a tub of hummus and corn on the cob... undeniable proof that I don't just eat pizza :D

corn m hummus.JPG

kel,
Reactions: Bologna

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Oh my... a friend brought me a chilli plant, laden with chillies and neglected to warn me about the heat until I was half way through cooking this chicken & cashew nuts dish, I'd already added half a dozen dried Árbol chilies and a Bhut Jolokia - eek!!

🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

Sweating, eyes watering and mouth tingling almost but not quite to the point of pain, and a myriad of flavours from the staged cooking process - 9/10!

Possibly one of the best chicken cashew nut dishes I have ever made!!

chicken cashew nuts hot.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Oh my... a friend brought me a chilli plant, laden with chillies and neglected to warn me about the heat until I was half way through cooking this chicken & cashew nuts dish, I'd already added half a dozen dried Árbol chilies and a Bhut Jolokia - eek!!

🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

Sweating, eyes watering and mouth tingling almost but not quite to the point of pain, and a myriad of flavours from the staged cooking process - 9/10!

Possibly one of the best chicken cashew nut dishes I have ever made!!

View attachment 11851

That looks really good, my friend! :tup:

Ramahs,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
That looks really good, my friend! :tup:

Thank you :)

I am particularly pleased with this one, especially as Thai food is not really something I do very often or feel particularly confident with, definitely going to do more though. I had a bit of a realisation last night about how to make the hot, spicy, sweet and sour flavours work together and how to create those sticky sauces that coat the meat and veg - it's actually really simple once it clicks, but like a lot of things it's only easy once you know how. This one involved 8 distinct stages in the cooking process, all simple in their own right, but overall the result is very complex. Good stuff.

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I know, I know, I spend far too much time in the kitchen, but we have to eat and I believe that food is one of the greatest pleasures in life... so why not make the most of it if the desire is there? It can be a hobby as much as any other right?

Beef truffle with red onion and mozzarella, served with hand cut chips cooked in the air fryer in vegetable oil but finished off with half a teaspoon of beef dripping for extra crispiness, and peas! I love peas!! Give peas a chance!!! 😋

beef truffle.jpg

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Lunch (9" paper plate for scale):
173DC724-C97F-4CEA-BCE5-ABD3E1FB152E.jpeg
$6.99 Chicken Parm sub w/sharp provolone & extra grated parm (ginger ale & chips from the home supply...:tup:)

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Ahhh I've been getting it wrong all this time...

I thought that the drooling should come from salivating with desire for the plate of food...

and not because you suddenly feel like you are losing your mind with anxiety because of wrong food 😂

Ramahs

Not the prettiest plate ever, but I made a garlic/basil based creamy fettuccini pasta (sauce from scratch), with sun dried tomatoes, chicken, and sausage for dinner tonight...and it was damn good!

t-PBZq-I3-KSei-Hr-Ti-Mn5-CRRQ-thumb-1a38.jpg

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I like pizza a lot.
Got bored in lock down so built a pizza oven. 90 mins to heat to approx 600 c. Cooks pizza in 90 seconds.
Next day we usually slap in a leg of lamb or pork joint (I keep sheep and pigs on my small holding) to slow cook for many hours.

1_IMG_20200528_172529280_HDR.jpg
1_IMG_20200528_183415286_MP.jpg

IMG_20200528_200455562_BURST001.jpg

IMG_20210819_193128361.jpg

Mutton pie. Shoulder slow cooked for 4 hours on bed of onions and bottle of wine. Falls off the bone. Boss made the pastry.....

Ramahs

I like pizza a lot.
Got bored in lock down so built a pizza oven. 90 mins to heat to approx 600 c. Cooks pizza in 90 seconds.
Next day we usually slap in a leg of lamb or pork joint (I keep sheep and pigs on my small holding) to slow cook for many hours.

View attachment 12268
View attachment 12269

View attachment 12270

View attachment 12271

Mutton pie. Shoulder slow cooked for 4 hours on bed of onions and bottle of wine. Falls off the bone. Boss made the pastry.....

Very nice. A serious brick-oven like that would be nice to have. I'm jealous!

Ramahs,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Very nice. A serious brick-oven like that would be nice to have. I'm jealous!
Thanks.

I now consider them essential and when I leave this little slice of paradise I will build another.
We grow a lot of peppers and tomatoes etc and roasted in the oven they just taste amazing.

I understand there are some very good gas pizza ovens that sit on a countertop that get very good reviews and don't require such construction.

Building a smoker next as we love smoked meats and cheese.

Chicken No Name,

Ramahs

I understand there are some very good gas pizza ovens that sit on a countertop that get very good reviews and don't require such construction.

Yeah, but it just wouldn't be the same.

For example, I love the convenience of my George Forman grill in the kitchen. I use it all the time. However, it in no way comes even close to a real charcoal and/or wood grill.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I like pizza a lot.

View attachment 12268
View attachment 12269

View attachment 12270

View attachment 12271

Awesome - if I lived anywhere where 'outside living' were possible for more than a couple of days (okay it's usually a few weeks) a year I would do the same! One of my neighbours did this through lockdown too, and I think I have seen them use it twice this year? It's just too damn cold and windy here!

In a completely different vein to pizza, here's a feta and olive salad 😂

feta olive.jpg

kel,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom