Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

TommyDee

Vaporitor
"Temp-steppin' to the click" indeed @Cannabiker - I do something like that on the third draw using sip&dip to dark ABV. Lowers the risk of combustion by a lot. Only cook for a 3-4 count and draw as it gets a little warmer each cycle. Doing the same before the click is a similar dance, dance to the click instead dance to combustion.

rvarick

Did something dumb with my Flite yesterday with a surprising result - I forgot to put the cap on my tip, and the CaS still activated and started heating my Ti tip. Makes sense I guess - it is metal after all.

I was wondering about any ill effects from this? I assume the main thing is a tip by itself could damage the CaS contacts, which thankfully didn't happen, and the unit seems fine otherwise. Can a tip drawing power by itself otherwise break anything electrically, so to speak?

rvarick,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Only a messy chamber could results from this oversight. Glad the contacts are in tact.
As far as the Flite is concerned, it is simply a very light load compared to the cap. No harm, no foul.

TommyDee,
Reactions: rvarick

rvarick

Only a messy chamber could results from this oversight. Glad the contacts are in tact.
As far as the Flite is concerned, it is simply a very light load compared to the cap. No harm, no foul.
Thanks for confirming! The other downfall was the load had a lot of the goodies baked off when I finally hit it. So I just HAD to go and pack another after! 🚀

rvarick,
  • Haha
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
My FireFlite is winning the day over the HotShot. Simple calculus now; risk of confiscation calls for the HotShot where safe at-home use is definitely the Flite. HS wins on some ergo achievements such as the chamber cover and USB charging [w/ the right adapter] but the performance I can achieve with the Flite and PWM is still beyond compare. Don't get me wrong, I can only put my own HalfPints against the HS and it would still be competition. The wooden disk in the chamber has proven worthy of not denting caps and the activation, although annoying in most devices, does work well being hand held and all. As for FireFlite's CAS contact, they have no backstop and they are still good as new. I've cleaned them once in recent months which made them reliable as always. Was getting some non-starts which is indicative of some careful EverClear and barren-swab work. Minutes later she was all good as new.

Also been a lot more brave about parking the VC on the corner of the Flite. My daily driver has a nice flat surface on the cap face and it works a treat for a quick cool-down click. My medicine kit is a lot more compact these days ;]

Here's where I've settled on my charge dock of choice for FireFlite - since its available and all ;] Love this supply.

20210721_171553.jpg For posterity of course.

This is to say that Goldie is a lot more lonely as she needs her cells pulled to charge. There is still a little something special about her ;]
Goldie is there for my non-med sessions with my other VC's. I've grown really attached to my shortened tip for medicating. Super easy to get consistent dark remnant control making it highly efficient.

DHV8654

In case this was overlooked; Remember that you can tune the full power level of the Flite with a few hardware tweaks. Once you get to know the heater, Jeff will be happy to help you tune it to perfection even without PWM.
Jeff tuned my Flite exactly how I wanted it in Full power. Still trying to figure out the best way to use PWM. @TommyDee how do you typically set the PWM for maximum extraction/flavor?

DHV8654,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I find setting my flite high at the beginning provides a great couple first hits while it gets rid of the moisture. Then when it gets going I lower the pulse to around 50% to provide me with huge smooth clouds. Then towards the end of the bowl I set it towards the high side again to maximize my extraction.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I have settled on a combination of two techniques -
George's "park the first click" in favor of the second - modified to take the first draw for flavor and force-cool, then go for the money shot.
Then I deploy PP's sip&dip for the long roasting of the remaining herb... click - sip -1-2-3-4 - sip - 1-2-3-4 - sip - .... 1-2-3-sip... until that puppy gets that signature 'electrified' sensation. Since I can't taste anything except a few terps, that is my signal and my process for medicating. Been a real treat medically to get those heavier molecules out reliably.

And yes, Flite is definitely the easiest IH to do this with. With the shorty bowl, I get perfect little tabs of fairly evenly baked bud [EBB;]

..pix or it didn't happened ;]

20210724_121843.jpg

Super fine grind means a dense extraction. This puts out as much as a full bowl. Just stuff it through a wire-mesh kitchen strainer.

20210724_122513.jpg
The reveal is the fresh load in the bowl after a single session, 3 draw extraction as described above. These are my tabs. Consistency like this is rare with full size tips. The cap is nothing special; 419 C-Vap is turning out to be my best vape.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi everyone,

My apologies, it's been a while since I've posted any updates. I just posted some the info below to a thread on Reddit, and I want to post it here as well so those that are interested have a better idea where things stand w/Fluxer, my plans for the future, etc:

Fluxer is continuing to take an indefinite pause while I figure out if I really want to spin it back up again, and to what degree, etc. There are new shipping rules to contend with in the US and EU, and the Dynaverse's IH market is much more robust than it was a year ago. I am not sure that my stuff still makes sense, or if I really want to climb back up on this horse.

I paused Fluxer in spring 2021 to comply with the PACT Act. That seems less relevant at the moment, but it sure dominated my life and attention for quite a while. Thank you to all that have hung around since that time!! I have been working on non-Fluxer projects since then, and have been keeping Fluxer on a back burner while I weigh my options for its future.

I am very much on the fence about diving back into Fluxer. The last three years have been very educational and I have learned a lot (!) from the experience of making these heaters. I also have a much better understanding of my own strengths and weaknesses, both as a maker and as a business owner. I know how much work it takes me to run this silly Fluxer enterprise, and it's more than one might expect for a business whose goal is to help people get high, lol. There are many things I like about making and selling these heaters, but there are also some things I don't like, and frankly, I don't miss those things at all. Being in business means you have to deal with a lot of variables, good and bad, and I'm not sure I want to re-engage with some of the more negative aspects of this thing. The amount of effort and risk vs. the potential reward is a very open question.

In the meantime, I am still doing repairs and providing service for any Fluxer heaters in need.

That's where things stand at the moment. I still have a lot of cases and parts on hand, so my hesitation is due to fun stuff like determining what I will need to do for regulation compliance, choosing a new e-commerce platform, and calculating my expected effort vs. expected return. None of those topics are very inspiring to me right now or make me want to build more heaters. Instead, they make "doing nothing" look a lot more appealing. :\

TL;DR: Thanks to everyone for your support! I'll be back if it makes sense; I am giving it a hard look.

Cheers, and please stay safe and be well!
:leaf:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks Jeff for the update on Fluxer. While I’m sure everyone would LOVE if you continued making GREAT IH’s, I can understand all your concerns. Life is short, do what is best for you!

I am grateful that you are still handling repairs etc. That’s more then many boutique makers do when they decide to move on, most don’t even bother to post an “update”, or status. I knew from reading your entire Fluxer thread that you were an honest person and your word was a promise. If you decide to move on from IH making, that’s what I’ll miss the most, one less honest and easy to deal with maker.......

Wish you only the best in whatever decision you end up making.

BUT.... hoping..... PLEASE KEEP MAKING THE BEST IH’s ON THE MARKET!!!!!

Texus

@mr_cfromcali

Thanks for sharing this news. As much as we love the Fluxers, do what is best for you and your wellbeing.

To my mind, Fluxers very much have a niche in the market. Dat PWM is durn great. Tuneability without shims is the future. And Fluxer is already there.

And this is coming from an early customer who still needs to send my Flite back to get it tamed a touch.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Soooo I guess I'm never getting a fluxe deluxe :(

What @TommyDee said is a very good suggestion. Buy a used one if/when you can, and reach out to me for repair it if it needs work. I still fix all of my heaters. My out of warranty repairs are also reasonably priced, as I just want to get stuff working again for folks.

I don't want to open a can of worms w/the following add'l info, but this is the most complete answer I can provide at the moment about the future of the Flux Deluxe model, specifically:

I am still very proud of the FD's design. It took a lot of effort just to get to v1, and I have worked to improve it considerably since its initial release in 2018 to its current 2.x version.

That being said, the FD is still very fussy to make in its current form, especially compared to my other heaters. It requires a lot of craft to finish one out properly. Waaaaay too much, tbh. Looking at the labor required to make 'em, I should be selling FDs for $350-$400 each. :o That's too much for what they are, so I decided to stop making them until I can redesign them to be easier to manufacture. I also need to redo a few elements of the FD to improve reliability. Anyway, I've started the redesign process but have not yet completed it. It's still a thing I hope to do if I start back up - which I am considering, perhaps in the form of a few limited runs or some other "lighter" presence. I'm weighing my options, as I said in my last post, and hoping for some clarity soon with regards to postal regs and a few other things that I'm tracking.

That's current the state of the Flux Deluxe. :\

I'll be back w/more info on Fluxer as I figure out what I want to do. :)

Cheers,
:leaf:

Edited a bit for clarity.

Last edited:

DHV8654

I’m buying the Flux Deluxe if you decide to start making it again. Hoping and looking forward to potentially seeing an updated Flux Deluxe!

DHV8654,
Reactions: TommyDee

DarkBidding

Notwithstanding all of @mr_cfromcali’s valid and understandable reasons for ceasing production…I have a horrible habit of waiting too long sometimes when deciding on whether or not to buy something that, as in the case of the Fluxer, seems to be far and away superior to other products in the market space. I guess I always think these things will be around and I’ll have time. Alas, I screwed up not buying one when I could have. Made in the USA; handcrafted by a master craftsman, great materials, great function and features, great support & service — I screwed up. Don’t know how else to put it. Here’s a +1 for not waiting again if @mr_cfromcali decides to make more. Hell, I live in CA too; I want one so bad I’d probably even drive to pick it up. For now though, I’ll resign myself to watching, waiting, and hoping for the return of the Fluxer.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The Wand has some level of PID control. I suspect they have some kind of power regulation as well.
This is next-level stuff that hasn't manifest elsewhere as of yet.
The very slow PWM really is a nice feature at this level.

TommyDee,
Reactions: Vaporware

swieder711

My gold Fluxer Flite with a side push button, S/N 005 is collecting dust. Bought on 12/18/2020. I am using the Hot Shot as my daily driver. Send me a PM if you want to buy my Flite.

Top Bottom