• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Speaking of circuit board revisions I got my replacement for my purple 15mm Flix that was DOA and I got the new PCB to change in my unit last week. The Flix is now operational and it's much faster than the 16mm. I need to do a direct comparison when I'll have some time. I'm just happy that @mr_cfromcali decided to wait before the new PCB was ready to send me a replacement, the wait was worth it if it means my Flix will last me a long time. Thanks :tup:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Speaking of circuit board revisions I got my replacement for my purple 15mm Flix that was DOA and I got the new PCB to change in my unit last week. The Flix is now operational and it's much faster than the 16mm. I need to do a direct comparison when I'll have some time. I'm just happy that @mr_cfromcali decided to wait before the new PCB was ready to send me a replacement, the wait was worth it if it means my Flix will last me a long time. Thanks :tup:

Welcome to the 15mm club...

FunkShui

Was there a point when you got on the waiting list by sending an email? I found an old email from jan of 2019 that i sent to get on the waiting list but never heard back.

FunkShui,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Was there a point when you got on the waiting list by sending an email? I found an old email from jan of 2019 that i sent to get on the waiting list but never heard back.

If you sent me an email, that’s when you joined the list. I scrape my emails for a given month before Isend out the confirmation emails for that month. I err on the side of inclusion, not exclusion.

FunkShui

I believe you - your business seems very fair, and I'm quite impressed. I've signed up for the waiting list via web form too (just way later). Could I PM you my email so you can check? Maybe I did it incorrectly and I'm willing to be patient and just wait for my name to come up via my second sign up.

FunkShui,

Lynch

Hello, I sent an email regarding ordering a Flix. Is it basically a waitlist and wait for email thing for now? Really need to upgrade to an IH!

Lynch,

swieder711

I have been on the waiting list for a FD for 10 months, but just bought the Orion. I hope to have it in 2 weeks. I'm impressed with the Orion's design. USB-c, clever LED use and the auto-on all raise the bar on features for an IH. Since I can bought a cell phone for $800 that has a hard to change battery then I can live with the Orion.

I'm very interested in learning more about the news from @mr_cfromcali which he hinted at on another thread.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I have been on the waiting list for a FD for 10 months, but just bought the Orion.
Dam it seems like I'm in for quite some wait 😬 Your not giving up your spot 🤔 I'd gladly take your spot in line, I'm only two weeks in :rofl: Probably wishful thinking but at least it gives me plenty of time to save up I guess....... sigh.

How do people like the 16mm coil? Does it give you much play passed the click? I don't have my wires crossed do I, it is the least aggressive coil right?

Bad Dog,

Jethro

My Flux has a 15mm coil and my Flix has the 16, yes the 16 is slower and less aggressive. Both have thier pluses and minuses. I believe I prefer the 16 personally, but it could just be the new car smell of the Flix. I only got it last month. It's less likely to overheat past the click and I like that control aspect.

I am also looking forward to the big announcement from Mr. C!

Like what the Orion offers and it looks like a great device. I may need one of those as well but honestly its physical size and battery capacity doesn't get me too crazy for it. My Flux has been daily driven since I got it. Thing is just awesome!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

New product time!

I am happy to announce a new addition to the Fluxer lineup: the Fluxer Flite, a small, 18350-powered pocket-sized IH; a somewhat hastily assembled demo clip follows at bottom of photos:

IMG-0190-private.jpg

IMG-0212-private.jpg

IMG-0230-private.jpg

IMG-0232-private.jpg

IMG-0234-private.jpg

Some stats:
  • 4" x 2" x 1", or 103mm x 52mm x 27mm
  • 240g with batteries
  • ~50 clicks at full power
  • adjustable PWM mode for better vapor production and/or potential power savings. You will have the ability to adjust the pulse width (the ratio of on/off time per given pulse) but not the frequency, which is preset to be slow. I'll have more details on this as we get closer to launch.
  • push button operation only; there is no switch at the base of the coil
  • this allows me to make the coil as tall as the case allows, while also leaving room for the vapcap tip to extend past the bottom loop of the coil. Insert the vapcap to full depth for maximum heating, or hold it a few mm from the bottom for a quicker heating time.
  • Adjustable PWM pulse control provides a significant range of heating options. (This feature will be coming to my other two heaters very soon as well! :)
  • 15mm coil only (16mm appears too inefficient for these batteries), but you will have enough ways to adjust the heating process that this hotter size shouldn't be an issue
  • Available in black, dark green, gun metal, and one or two other colors (final color selection still TBD)
  • pricing anticipated to start at under US$180 + shipping; batteries not included
  • anticipated to go on sale through the Fluxer web store in approx. 1 month (mid to late October).
Some caveats:
  • Batteries aren't included. There aren't as many 18350 choices as there are 18650 choices, but there are still some decent batteries to be found. Like the Flux Deluxe, this heater uses flat top and unprotected cells with a CDR of at least 9A, though 8A CDR cells will usually work.
  • At present no battery charger is included, either. 18350 batteries use the same chargers as 18650. I am working on including an external charger, and will have more info before it goes on sale

More battery info:

I have a set of each of these and they have been working well:

KeepPower IMR18350 1200mAh High Discharge Flat Top ($5.75 each): https://www.illumn.com/18350-keeppower-imr18350-1200mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

18350 Vapcell INR18350 1100mAh 9A High Discharge Flat Top($4.85 each): https://www.illumn.com/18350-vapcell-inr18350-1100mah-9a-high-discharge-flat-top.html

I have been burning the midnight oil on this project for the last six weeks, and I am thrilled to finally be able to share it. I owe a huge debt of thanks to @TommyDee - he made me aware of these batteries and their potential for IH use, he suggested some power management strategies, and he even came up with the chosen name. Thank you, sir! :D

This is also why things have been very slow to leave my shop recently - I have been very busy with this.

So that's my big news. I have 200 cases on order, and if the expanded beta testing goes well I expect to begin selling these when the cases arrive.

Thanks, as always, for your support and encouragement. Comments welcome! :D

Last edited:

Eclipse

NIce, I have a Flix and am on the waitlist for a Flux Deluxe but I may have to have one of these as well...

Any chance of a PWM upgrade service for the Flix? @mr_cfromcali

Eclipse,
Reactions: TommyDee

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
NIce, I have a Flix and am on the waitlist for a Flux Deluxe but I may have to have one of these as well...

Any chance of a PWM upgrade service for the Flix? @mr_cfromcali

Great question. There will be upgrade paths for adding PWM modules to both the Flix and the FD, but unfortunately both require circuit board changes to insert the PWM module into the trigger circuit. Those are already developed - :D - but the new circuits need testing and won’t be ready for at least a few more weeks.

Hi all,

New product time!

I am happy to announce a new addition to the Fluxer lineup: the Fluxer Flite, a small, 18350-powered pocket-sized IH; a somewhat hastily assembled demo clip follows at bottom of photos:

IMG-0190-private.jpg

IMG-0212-private.jpg

IMG-0230-private.jpg

IMG-0232-private.jpg

IMG-0234-private.jpg

Some stats:
  • 240g with batteries
  • adjustable PWM mode for better vapor production and/or potential power savings. You will have the ability to adjust the pulse width (the ratio of on/off time per given pulse) but not the frequency, which is preset to be slow. I'll have more details on this as we get closer to launch.
  • this allows me to make the coil as tall as the case allows, while also leaving room for the vapcap tip to extend past the bottom loop of the coil. Insert the vapcap to full depth for maximum heating, or hold it a few mm from the bottom for a quicker heating time.
  • Adjustable PWM pulse control provides a significant range of heating options. (This feature will be coming to my other two heaters very soon as well! :)
  • 15mm coil only (16mm appears too inefficient for these batteries), but you will have enough ways to adjust the heating process that this hotter size shouldn't be an issue
  • Available in black, dark green, gun metal, and one or two other colors (final color selection still TBD)
  • pricing anticipated to start at under US$180 + shipping; batteries not included
  • anticipated to go on sale through the Fluxer web store in approx. 1 month (mid to late October).
Some caveats:
  • Batteries aren't included. There aren't as many 18350 choices as there are 18650 choices, but there are still some decent batteries to be found. Like the Flux Deluxe, this heater uses flat top and unprotected cells with a CDR of at least 9A, though 8A CDR cells will usually work.
  • At present no battery charger is included, either. 18350 batteries use the same chargers as 18650. I am working on including an external charger, and will have more info before it goes on sale

More battery info:

KeepPower IMR18350 1200mAh High Discharge Flat Top ($5.75 each): https://www.illumn.com/18350-keeppower-imr18350-1200mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

18350 Vapcell INR18350 1100mAh 9A High Discharge Flat Top($4.85 each): https://www.illumn.com/18350-vapcell-inr18350-1100mah-9a-high-discharge-flat-top.html

I have been burning the midnight oil on this project for the last six weeks, and I am thrilled to finally be able to share it. I owe a huge debt of thanks to @TommyDee - he made me aware of these batteries and their potential for IH use, he suggested some power management strategies, and he even came up with the chosen name. Thank you, sir! :D

This is also why things have been very slow to leave my shop recently - I have been very busy with this.

So that's my big news. I have 200 cases on order, and if the expanded beta testing goes well I expect to begin selling these when the cases arrive.

Do you imagine this to be strictly 2 handed use or would the vape be ok to rest in the chamber whike heating?

Iholland17,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Do you imagine this to be strictly 2 handed use or would the vape be ok to rest in the chamber whike heating?

With a stock Flite, you can rest the Dynavap at the bottom of the coil and operate the unit with one hand. It will work well for the first two heating cycles, but you would need to use a pulse setting for subsequent heat cycles or risk combustion.

That’s the stock behavior. There are ways I can alter the coil to change this and make it more suitable for one handed use. PM me with your needs and we can discuss these options in more detail. The stock coil setup works very, very well but it does have a strong bias for two-hand use.

mr_cfromcali,
Reactions: rnartian

TommyDee

Vaporitor
These might be a simpler adjustment for click timing... Easier to add height than take it away. I have an idea there for you Jeff.

Capture.PNG

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
These might be a simpler adjustment for click timing... Easier to add height than take it away. I have an idea there for you Jeff.

View attachment 2663

Thanks, @TommyDee . I have considered this previously, but unfortunately the discs are super duper slick and the adhesive only sticks to one side of the disc. I have looked for thicker adhesive backed high temp silicone sheets and so far haven't found any, but I'll continue to look.

Updated to add: OK, tried again and this works fine if you add a drop of superglue between the pads. Thanks! :tup:

Last edited:

vapormachina

You've finally gotten it, 1'' simply amazing

I know I've been a pain in the ass sometimes with this but I think this is a revolution, not just for vapcap but for the entire vaping industry. My sincere congratulations to you and Tommy, you have listened to the community and have given us exactly what we needed.

There is a lot to comment on this device, we will discuss it in the next days but in general I like it a lot; I think it is a compendium of good decisions, even discarding the button at the base of the coil to gain a few millimeters

Have you already thought about how the order method will be? will there be a waiting list or pre order? Tell me when and where you want my money and I'll put it there:lol::lol:

PS: thanks for letting me know in time, this product fits my needs much better than the Orion:nod:

Kayacuse

Hi all,

New product time!

IMG-0190-private.jpg

IMG-0212-private.jpg

IMG-0230-private.jpg

IMG-0232-private.jpg

IMG-0234-private.jpg

Some stats:
  • 240g with batteries
Some caveats:

More battery info:

Looks awesome. I was wondering what you were working on. Will there be a wait list or will it be first come first serve.

NexVision

Hi all,

New product time!

Some stats:
  • 240g with batteries
Some caveats:

More battery info:

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

boombastik

Great Job @mr_cfromcali

So the Pulse not only deals with heating the element in a different way but it kind of helps with a time one that a user can extend beyond the click or before the click as well.

Either way replaceable batteries and I bet this is smaller then Orion

boombastik,
Top Bottom