Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Glad you got that dialed in @letter never sent . The VVPS would not have solved your adjustment preference. For some reason, it still takes time for the clicker to get warm. That is what the coil elevation adjustment took care of. With this setting doing it for you, by all means, you are set. :tup: :twocents:

If I might ask, are you running different tips/caps through the Flix or do you have a favorite that gets all the attention, like my '18?

TommyDee,

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Have the new emails went out yet? I didn’t see one and wanted make sure I didn’t miss it.

I’m up next and very excited!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Have the new emails went out yet? I didn’t see one and wanted make sure I didn’t miss it.

I’m up next and very excited!

Hi @MysterioN ,

Sorry, I had hoped to get to those this weekend but have been working in the shop and haven't gotten those out yet. It may be a few more days before I am able to send those, as I have a backlog of other tasks I need to finish first. I'll post here once those do go out so you will know. Thanks for your continued patience.

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Hi @MysterioN ,

Sorry, I had hoped to get to those this weekend but have been working in the shop and haven't gotten those out yet. It may be a few more days before I am able to send those, as I have a backlog of other tasks I need to finish first. I'll post here once those do go out so you will know. Thanks for your continued patience.

No problem Jeff! Just making sure I didn’t miss it. Thanks for the reply,

Stonedbadger

It looks like my Flix is going to arrive well before my power supply. Just wondering if anyone has been able to pick one up locally in Australia?

Stonedbadger,

Baron23

Just thought to share a recent experience with the FD and a 2020 M.

I run only Ti tips....and really Ti tips on a glass wand into an FC-188 rig (Mobius dewar style glass knockoff) and have never used a SS tip.

I have a younger friend (its easy to be younger than I! haha) to whom I have given a bunch of vape stuff....but with no expectations of a debt or obligation on his part. Just like him, wanted to get him away from combustion, and I had a bunch of extra vapes and stuff that I don't use. Matter of fact, when I got my FD, I gave him my Lucid Custom IH.

The other day he presented me with a new 2020 M. He apparently got a couple/few of them from Dyna and wanted to give me one which I graciously accepted.

So, I used it with my FD the other night (and yes, I know this should be obvious) and the SS does take a bit longer for a click but even more significant is that the first couple of draws with the SS were def cooler and less thick than with Ti which has much better thermal characteristic for what we do with it.

While the cap heated and clicked as normal, the heat just takes longer to penetrate SS and the result were slightly cooler draws.

This is with a 15 mm coil. If I used SS routinely as my go to tip type, I would probably as @mr_cfromcali about raising my coil a bit so as to heat lower on the cap and get more energy into the SS before the tip clicked.

Just thought I would share that as I'm still mostly inside and bored out of my fucking mind. LOL

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Baron23 - that is a trait of the '20-M tip. It doesn't magnetically couple nearly as well. My particular '20 cap was also thinner than the '19 or '18. There is much less difference between the Ti and '19 than the '19 to '20 or the Ti to '20. It is not our imagination. You can see it when you read the current draw. I haven't solved the '20 tip on IH. It'll be my care vape for a local. :twocents:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
mr_c has been quiet I hope that means more flixers and fluxers getting built...

Sorry for being MIA recently. I do check this thread throughout the day to scan for issues or concerns, but I haven't had much time to post in the last two weeks, other than a couple of progress updates.

The Flix: Since launching the Fluxer web store I've been making and shipping a large number of Flix, or what's been a large number for me, at any rate. Thank you!! Tbh, I'm a bit blown away by the initial response, which has been extremely positive and better than I anticipated. :bowdown:

Most new Flix owners have been reporting that their heaters have been working well, but it has not been smooth sailing for everyone, and I want to acknowledge that some owners have had heaters that died after only a few uses, usually due to a MOSFET failure. This hasn't affected everyone, but I am very sorry if it has affected you. As is often the case with these sorts of things, "it didn't do this during testing, damnit!" I am very focused on solving this issue as soon as I can, but so far I'm still trying to determine the root cause so I can figure out the right remedy. Most of the Flix's circuit is identical to the FD's circuit, and the FD has been very stable for the last year, so it's definitely a puzzler why this variation of the same circuit hasn't been as stable. :thinker: I have a few theories I am exploring, and I hope to get to an answer ASAP.

The Flix's circuit is mostly the same as the FD's but there are a few differences, and the MOSFET failures could be due to these differences. It's also possible the failures asre due to the differences between drawing power from a mains power adapter vs drawing power from batteries. Or it could be a combination of both, or even something else entirely. Sigh... I wll get to the bottom of this thing and resolve it, but I'll admit this is on my mind quite a bit at the moment. I don't like having an open issue like this, and I'm sure no one does. :/

I want to reassure any Flix owners whose Flix suddenly fail on them that I stand behind my heaters, and will make sure that your heater either works to your satisfaction or give you a refund. If your Flix stops working, please send me an email; fluxerheaters@gmail.com is my preferred address. I will send you a return label and instructions for returning it to me for repair or refund. :nod:

Regarding the next (September 2019) Flux Deluxe Order Confirmation emails: I know some of you are very eager for me to send these out, and I'm sorry I have not completed that task yet. I have been busy with getting the first batches of Flix out the door plus dealing with returns and repairs due to the above situation, and as a resultI haven't been able to do the FD data cleanup I need to do before I send out a group email. I do hope to get to it soon, and will make it my next priority after I finish shipping the remaining FLix from my last batch.

Thanks again for your support and your patience! Please send me an email if your Flix of Flux has an issue!

Cheers,
:leaf:

NexVision

Sorry for being MIA recently. I do check this thread throughout the day to scan for issues or concerns, but I haven't had much time to post in the last two weeks, other than a couple of progress updates.

The Flix: Since launching the Fluxer web store I've been making and shipping a large number of Flix, or what's been a large number for me, at any rate. Thank you!! Tbh, I'm a bit blown away by the initial response, which has been extremely positive and better than I anticipated. :bowdown:

Most new Flix owners have been reporting that their heaters have been working well, but it has not been smooth sailing for everyone, and I want to acknowledge that some owners have had heaters that died after only a few uses, usually due to a MOSFET failure. This hasn't affected everyone, but I am very sorry if it has affected you. As is often the case with these sorts of things, "it didn't do this during testing, damnit!" I am very focused on solving this issue as soon as I can, but so far I'm still trying to determine the root cause so I can figure out the right remedy. Most of the Flix's circuit is identical to the FD's circuit, and the FD has been very stable for the last year, so it's definitely a puzzler why this variation of the same circuit hasn't been as stable. :thinker: I have a few theories I am exploring, and I hope to get to an answer ASAP.

The Flix's circuit is mostly the same as the FD's but there are a few differences, and the MOSFET failures could be due to these differences. It's also possible the failures asre due to the differences between drawing power from a mains power adapter vs drawing power from batteries. Or it could be a combination of both, or even something else entirely. Sigh... I wll get to the bottom of this thing and resolve it, but I'll admit this is on my mind quite a bit at the moment. I don't like having an open issue like this, and I'm sure no one does. :/

I want to reassure any Flix owners whose Flix suddenly fail on them that I stand behind my heaters, and will make sure that your heater either works to your satisfaction or give you a refund. If your Flix stops working, please send me an email; fluxerheaters@gmail.com is my preferred address. I will send you a return label and instructions for returning it to me for repair or refund. :nod:

Regarding the next (September 2019) Flux Deluxe Order Confirmation emails: I know some of you are very eager for me to send these out, and I'm sorry I have not completed that task yet. I have been busy with getting the first batches of Flix out the door plus dealing with returns and repairs due to the above situation, and as a resultI haven't been able to do the FD data cleanup I need to do before I send out a group email. I do hope to get to it soon, and will make it my next priority after I finish shipping the remaining FLix from my last batch.

Thanks again for your support and your patience! Please send me an email if your Flix of Flux has an issue!

Cheers,
:leaf:
Absolutely 0 apologies required sir. Keep on doing what you doing.

NexVision,

Aalberti13

Just checking in to say that I finally got my Flix and FD! The Flux Deluxe is nothing short of amazing, it was EXACTLY what I was hoping for with consistent heating every time! (See ya later torch lighter!) Seriously puts a smile on my face every time I use it! :)

Question for @mr_cfromcali about the Flix: I am still waiting on my power supply to be delivered from Banggood. Placed my order on 5/16 with an estimated delivery of 7/23. Looks like I have another month in front of me before I will even be able to test the Flix. I just checked the website as well as the quick start pdf and notice no mention of a warranty. Is it 6 months like it is with the FD? Just want to make sure I am covered in case my Flix is one of the unlucky ones.

Thank you a million times for the hard work you have put into your devices!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just checking in to say that I finally got my Flix and FD! The Flux Deluxe is nothing short of amazing, it was EXACTLY what I was hoping for with consistent heating every time! (See ya later torch lighter!) Seriously puts a smile on my face every time I use it! :)

Cool! "[A] smile on my face every time I use it" is absolutely my intent with these. ;)

Question for @mr_cfromcali about the Flix: I just checked the website as well as the quick start pdf and notice no mention of a warranty. Is it 6 months like it is with the FD? Just want to make sure I am covered in case my Flix is one of the unlucky ones.

Thank you a million times for the hard work you have put into your devices!

Oops! on me for not being clearer about the Flix's warranty, which is six months, same as the FD's. I'll make that clearer and more explicit. Thanks for making me aware that this gap. :tup:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I paid for the additional 6 months of warranty coverage, not because I thought I’d ever need to use it, but as a way of supporting a one man shop, making a really great product. After reading the ENTIRE thread on the old FC site, 70+ pages, thousands of messages, but very entertaining and informative as Jeff takes along on his journey from over TWO YEARS ago, with detailed technical posts and shop videos. Only took a few days, but I realized that though there is always some market that dictates what a product will sell for, this was more a labor of love, and a learning journey, and thus in reality, worth more then he can charge. So, I extended the warranty as a tiny tip, I hope Jeff goes as long as he has the desire.

Stonedbadger

Sorry to report, my flix has arrived but is not working properly. It makes a strange kinda buzzing sound when I try to heat my vapcap but does not heat the cap, also the leds are not lighting up properly.

Any one else had this problem?

Cheers

Stonedbadger,
Reactions: Jill NYC

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sorry to report, my flix has arrived but is not working properly. It makes a strange kinda buzzing sound when I try to heat my vapcap but does not heat the cap, also the leds are not lighting up properly.

Any one else had this problem?

Cheers

Email sent.

Unfortunately, this is another instance of the MOSFET failure some Flix owners have experienced. I am working on the issue and hope to have a handle on it soon.

This issue didn't appear during testing, which doesn't excuse it, but the MOSFET failures have been a surprise. The Flix is very much a child of the Flux Deluxe and reuses most of that heater's design and components. The Flux Deluxe has been quite stable for the last year, and as the Flix worked consistently during testing, I expected the Flix to continue to work just as well in other people's homes. The Flix seems to have other ideas about that, at least in some cases, and it's clear I still have some work to do to close this gap.

I stand behind my heaters and will make sure than anyone affected by this situation is satisfied with their heater or give them a refund. If this happens to you, please send me an email (fluxerheaters@gmail.com preferred) and we will take it from there.

Thanks again for your support. I know this issue hasn't affected every Flix owner, but it's affected more than it should have. I am very sorry if it affects you. :nod:

Last edited:
Top Bottom