• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Sticky13

Thanks and very much appreciated @mr_cfromcali, me Flix turned up this week. Hats off to ya, this is really top quality workmanship, especially as a onemanband.

It really is a nice upgrade from my previous jobby.. though that one has done me well for a good few years. The Flix is deffo running hotter, but i'll get there with abit more adjusting of the coil and a few more bowls. Im at that point where I dunno what to write as i've had one two many testing this badboy, i'll pop back later lol

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

A few updates on Fluxer things:

Flux Deluxe: I just sent out confirmation emails for the first cohort of people who joined the FD waiting list in September 2019. I'll be splitting September 2019 into two groups due to its size, and hope to work through both groups soon. Thank you for your patience and your support!

Flix: I think I have right solution for the MOSFET issue that affected some heaters from the first batch, and am pausing Flix production for a few days while I confirm that the units I've recently repaired are functioning as expected. I am very hopeful that the new components perform as well in the Flix as they have been in the FD. I have plenty of parts on hand and will be ready make more Flix as soon as I am sure the new parts configuration is stable. If you have a Flix and it makes a buzzing noise instead of heating as expected, please contact me via email (@fluxerheaters@gmail.com) and I'll arrange the repair with you. Thanks!

That's it for the moment. Thanks for your support! :wave:

Cheers,
:leaf:

Last edited:

Vaporware

How many of you Fluxers are using yours with a Dynacoil? :science:

I may have missed something, but a search only turned up @Jethro using it with a 14mm FD coil. That’s pretty aggressive for flower, so I wanted to see if anyone’s got experience with the Dynacoil using 15mm, 16mm (standard or thick walled insert) or 17mm coils?

Any ideas which would be the best balance for a Dynacoil in a Ti tip, flower in Ti, and (if it doesn’t make the others suffer too much) flower in SS?

I’m looking more for good vapor quality and flavor than super fast extraction which is why I’m wary of going with the 14mm like Jethro. My first inclination was the 17mm or thick walled 16mm, but I haven’t seen any reports of people using Dynacoils with those, so... :shrug:

Vaporware,
Reactions: TommyDee

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey @VaporWare ,

I may have missed something, but a search only turned up @Jethro using it with a 14mm FD coil. That’s pretty aggressive for flower, so I wanted to see if anyone’s got experience with the Dynacoil using 15mm, 16mm (standard or thick walled insert) or 17mm coils?

Any ideas which would be the best balance for a Dynacoil in a Ti tip, flower in Ti, and (if it doesn’t make the others suffer too much) flower in SS?

I’m looking more for good vapor quality and flavor than super fast extraction which is why I’m wary of going with the 14mm like Jethro. My first inclination was the 17mm or thick walled 16mm, but I haven’t seen any reports of people using Dynacoils with those, so...

For flower, the 17mm coil size is good for SS tips but not as good for ti tips. The extra mass of the SS tip really helps smooth out the heating. With the ti tips, the 17mm doesn't get hot enough to fully penetrate the entire chamber before the tip clicks. The 16mm medium wall or 16mm thick wall would be better choices for ti tips, imo.

With regards to the Dynacoil: I have one (well I have two, but can only find one at the moment...), and I have mostly used it with the 14mm or 15mm coils. It works well with the hotter coils. I have not tried it with the 17mm coil, so I will give that a try later tonight and report back. Testing is a hard job but someone has to do it. ;)

Updated to add: Sorry, @VaporWare , but it looks like my second Dynacoil also went missing. Carelessness...or conspiracy? :hmm: :tinfoil:
I've ordered Dynacoil #3, but unless #2 shows up I won't have an update on this for a few days. Sorry. :\

Last edited:

Vaporware

Hey @VaporWare ,

For flower, the 17mm coil size is good for SS tips but not as good for ti tips. The extra mass of the SS tip really helps smooth out the heating. With the ti tips, the 17mm doesn't get hot enough to fully penetrate the entire chamber before the tip clicks. The 16mm medium wall or 16mm thick wall would be better choices for ti tips, imo.

With regards to the Dynacoil: I have one (well I have two, but can only find one at the moment...), and I have mostly used it with the 14mm or 15mm coils. It works well with the hotter coils. I have not tried it with the 17mm coil, so I will give that a try later tonight and report back. Testing is a hard job but someone has to do it. ;)

Updated to add: Sorry, @VaporWare , but it looks like my second Dynacoil also went missing. Carelessness...or conspiracy? :hmm: :tinfoil:
I've ordered Dynacoil #3, but unless #2 shows up I won't have an update on this for a few days. Sorry. :\

No problem, I’m sure mine won’t be fully built before you get to try it anyway. Thanks for taking one for the team! :lol:

From the lack of comment on the 16mm options with a Dynacoil I’m guessing you weren’t too happy with the results or you don’t have much experience with the Dynacoil/16mm combinations?

Since Ti tips with flower or Dynacoil make up the large majority of my VapCap use, I’m guessing 15 or one of the 16s will probably be the best choice for me. The 15mm might be better for the Dynacoil, but it sounds like both 16mms are better for flower flavor... :sherlock:

I guess I could always send it in for a coil change if necessary, so as long as it can get the job done for concentrates I’d probably go for a less aggressive option to keep the flower flavor good and avoid the harsh vapor that can come with too much heat.

I’ll look back through other people’s flower experiences and see what they say, but I'm happy to hear any new reports too!

NexVision

How many of you Fluxers are using yours with a Dynacoil? :science:

I’m looking more for good vapor quality and flavor than super fast extraction which is why I’m wary of going with the 14mm like Jethro. My first inclination was the 17mm or thick walled 16mm, but I haven’t seen any reports of people using Dynacoils with those, so... :shrug:

I have been using both Flower via a TI tip and Rosin and Shatter via dynacoil on SS tip. I have been using 15 and 16mm coils for the past couple weeks and find the sweet spot for my liking is the 16mm coil as it works for both phenominal the way I have it set I pull the titanium tip after the first click and then for the SS tip with the coil I go about 2 seconds past the click and find this really works well and gets me the best cross usage possible.

If all you were going to use is the concentrates then I would probably go the 15mm coil. Mr_c really nailed it before though when he said the 16mm coil is the most universal across the devices.

Baron23

The 16mm medium wall or 16mm thick wall would be better choices for ti tips, imo.
Thin wall....thick wall....??? What is this, please. This is not an option as listed on your site so I'm baffled.

By the by, I run a 15mm coil with a Ti tip and think its perfect. The heating rate and timing is very similar to my old Lucid and using a torch lighter and I do not find it too aggressive.

Just pull it out at the click.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thin wall....thick wall....??? What is this, please. This is not an option as listed on your site so I'm baffled.

By the by, I run a 15mm coil with a Ti tip and think its perfect. The heating rate and timing is very similar to my old Lucid and using a torch lighter and I do not find it too aggressive.

Just pull it out at the click.

There is some info and tests at link below, that mention the glass wall thickness. SCROLL DOWN on the long page:

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Baron23

Sticky13

Flix coil adjustment.. lowered enough for nil combustion 2seconds past the click after 4+ heating cycles. Beforehand at the click it was abit too hot for my liking, and was combusting 2-3seconds past the click. Likely just me and old habits, on the old IH I could go a good 5seconds past the click without combustion; Though the coil is larger ID + CSA, and had 2amps less being pulled.

Hitting like a dream now :D

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Sorry. My coil insert sizing got more focused as I was creating the web store and creating options menus for the Flix. I've been carrying a lot of choices behind the scenes for a while but hadn't given customers a way to pick and choose beyond the basic question of coil diameter. When I created the Fluxer web store I realized I could present these in a more formal and organized way. I probably have too many choices, but one-size-fits-all just isn't how I roll. :cool:

These are coil and insert sizes I offer:

14mm coil*:

14mm glass insert (14mm OD x 1.1mm walls)
14mm carbon fiber (14mm OD x 1.0mm walls)

15mm coil:
15mm glass (15mm OD x 1.1mm walls)
15mm carbon fiber (15mm OD x 1.0mm walls)

16mm coil:
16mm thin walled glass insert (16mm OD x 1.1mm walls)
16mm thin walled carbon fiber insert (16mm OD x 1.0mm walls)

16mm medium walled glass insert (16mm OD x 2.0mm walls)
16mm medium walled carbon fiber insert (16mm OD x 2.0mm walls)

16mm thick walled glass insert (16mm OD x 2.5mm walls)

17mm coil**:
17mm thin walled glass insert (17mm OD x 1.1mm)
17mm thick-walled carbon fiber insert (17mm OD x 2.0mm walls)

*The 14mm is too hot for most people's tastes, so I keep it behind the counter and off the menu. If you want it, you need to ask for it. ;)
**The 17mm works better with the SS tip than the ti tip. With this size, the extra mass of the SS tip distributes the heat much more evenly than the ti tip.

Glass vs carbon fiber insert:

I get a lot of questions about the differences between the glass and carbon fiber inserts. In my experience, the two materials perform similarly enough for our purposes that I consider two inserts of the same size and wall thickness to be equal. I am sure there are subtle differences detectable in lab settings, but for us, consider the materials to perform the same for a given size.

The only real differences in these two materials are the obvious ones: carbon fiber in unbreakable but opaque, glass is transparent but fragile. If you have a glass insert, your under-the-coil LEDs will shine through it and light it up so that it looks great. If you have a carbon fiber insert, your under-the-coil LEDs shine in the interior of the insert and will be visible when you look down into the bowl, and some light will also be visible as a "glow", but overall the coil lighting muted. On the other hand, you can hit the carbon fiber insert with a hammer and not damage it, and that makes it a good choice if you want to use your Flux Deluxe out and about without giving it too much extra thought.

Hope this helps clear this up.

Flix and Flux Deluxe Updates (an addition to the original post):

Flix:
I will be making more Flix soon, but I plan on giving the most recently repaired heaters a few more days to prove themselves before I sell more. The reports from those who had their Flix repaired have been good, but I heard from one Flix owner today whose Flix failed for a second time, which is unexpected and not what I wanted to read this morning***. :\Time will tell if this is an isolated incident or an indication of more trouble ahead.

***Updated again to add: My fix for the Flix 'failing MOSFET issue' still looks good. :tup:
The Flix that had failed for the 2nd time was one that I had repaired very early, before I finalized the patch for the root issue. It got new MOSFETs but still had the troublesome caps and inductors.

In light of this, I expect to start work later today on the next batch of Flix for the store. :rockon:

Flux Deluxe: I sent out the order confirmation invitation emails for the remaining September 2019 waiting list names. If you were expecting a notification for this batch and didn't receive one, please send me an email. next up: October 2019. :)

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ah, thank you...insofar as I went with carbon fiber insert and have a 15mm coil, this wasn't applicable to me so I wasn't cognizant of it.

Again, thanks and cheers

I have the same exact setup as you. It came with the CF insert, I bought a 15mm glass insert, and liked the extra LED light display, but it cracked when I had to re-glue the glass button back onto the activation switch. I believe Mr. C, is sending a replacement. Performance was the same.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Baron23

Baron23

I have the same exact setup as you. It came with the CF insert, I bought a 15mm glass insert, and liked the extra LED light display, but it cracked when I had to re-glue the glass button back onto the activation switch. I believe Mr. C, is sending a replacement. Performance was the same.
I too would enjoy a bit more light from the LEDs, but I'm sticking with CF for the unbreakable win! :-)

Baron23,

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
I too would enjoy a bit more light from the LEDs, but I'm sticking with CF for the unbreakable win! :-)
Could you take a picture of what it looks like when in use..... I just want to see it’s activated somehow and wondering how muted it is. I need to place my order and am wondering.

mysterion,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Remember when I was wondering what was gonna get here first, the flix or the variable power supply? Well turns out the answer was: the same day! :D I tried it once with a regular power supply and so far no problem, I'll play with the variable power supply later but right now my first impression is positive. I got a 16mm coil ,16mm x 2mm insert, I used it on a Simrell vortex with a 2019 SS tip. If I compare with my apollo2 using the same vortex set-up the flix run a little hotter, the load was cashed one or two clicks faster than usual, I'm happy about that because I can still use the variable power supply, I was scared I would not need it but I think I'll have fun playing with it. Between the power supply and the different tips I can use, I see lot of possibility. I'll keep my ear out for any buzzing noise, I had music on so I didn't hear anything but everything worked perfectly so far. All I know is that I'm excited to get my flux deluxe when the January list get called...and I might still get tempted to grab an other flix...maybe...who am I kidding? VAS wins everytime! ;)

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Could you take a picture of what it looks like when in use..... I just want to see it’s activated somehow and wondering how muted it is. I need to place my order and am wondering.

Sorry, @mysterion - I should have these up on the web site. With the CF insert, the most light is most visible directly overhead. As you can see in the last picture, you don't see nearly as much light from the side:

IMG-9938-private.jpg

IMG-9940-private.jpg

IMG-9939-private.jpg

Zoltani

Flux Deluxe: I sent out the order confirmation invitation emails for the remaining September 2019 waiting list names. If you were expecting a notification for this batch and didn't receive one, please send me an email. next up: October 2019. :)

Oh boy, I am getting excited. Thanks for the breakdown on the carbon fiber vs glass. Since I will be using out and about mostly, including hiking and other outdoor activities, I will definitely get the carbon fiber.

The Chemist

Sorry, @mysterion - I should have these up on the web site. With the CF insert, the most light is most visible directly overhead. As you can see in the last picture, you don't see nearly as much light from the side:

IMG-9938-private.jpg

IMG-9940-private.jpg

IMG-9939-private.jpg
Can you see the light from the holes on the side enough to know it's on or it's just an effect of the photo? Also if I choose the glass insert and it breaks can you repair it easily or is it a pain in the ass . The flux deluxe for me is gonna be used for outside now that I have the flix so if the fragility of the unit is gonna be an issue I might go for the CF insert. Is the glass insert easily breakable or is it a better safe than sorry situation, I'm curious to know if you had customer that had their glass break, of course if the unit is dropped on the floor it's not gonna do a miracle, but the way I see the flix is built I'm not worried about the solidity of the flux.

The Chemist,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Can you see the light from the holes on the side enough to know it's on or it's just an effect of the photo?

In normal light it is barely visible, as shown in the photo.

Also if I choose the glass insert and it breaks can you repair it easily or is it a pain in the ass .

The inserts are a tight fit in the coil, which is intentional. You can change one if it breaks, but it does require some skills and typically works best when the new insert is screwed into the coil, almost like a light bulb into a socket. If you just try and jam the new one in to the coil using brute force, you'll make a mess of the coil. The same is true for removing the old, broken insert (if it is still intact): it is easiest to unscrew it from the coil with the aid of a Sharpie (or similar) inserted into the coil pressing from the inside.

The flux deluxe for me is gonna be used for outside now that I have the flix so if the fragility of the unit is gonna be an issue I might go for the CF insert. Is the glass insert easily breakable or is it a better safe than sorry situation, I'm curious to know if you had customer that had their glass break, of course if the unit is dropped on the floor it's not gonna do a miracle, but the way I see the flix is built I'm not worried about the solidity of the flux.

The Flux Deluxe is very solidly built, but borosilicate is still glass, and it breaks easily if it you strike it or drop it. Yes, people do break the glass inserts! They hold up well enough to regular use, but they are vulnerable to all of the things that you might imagine, and some of those things go on to happen, unfortunately. The CF inserts are all but indestructible, but they don't look as good when illuminated. I can't tell you which one is better for your needs, but that's how it breaks down.

Hope that helps.

Baron23

I see that @mr_cfromcali posted some pics. And, while he noted that the LED is visible directly above the insert, he did not mention the three or four cooling holes where the light shines out of the side. You can see this in his last picture.

Like yourself, I just want to see if the device is activate and I can tell you now that there is no way to mistake it. Its clear as a bell. As lit up as the glass insert, apparently not. But its plenty for indicating if the unit's heater has been activated. Not an issue at all, IMO.

In normal light it is barely visible, as shown in the photo.
Well, you must have put super duper LEDs in mine because there is no mistaking it at all in room lighting. Bright outdoor lighting....not sure, haven't used it outdoor. But on my dining room table under the 400-500 watts of the chandelier its plenty bright out of the holes on the end.

Cheers

The Chemist

Thanks for all these answers, it looks like I'm gonna have to go with the CF insert, the last thing I want is to have the flux with me but can't use it because the glass is broken. Also as long as I can see a little bit of light so I know if it's working I'm gonna be good, plus it looks like you can see a little bit of the light reflect on the vapcap. Anyway I got time to think about it before my name comes up in the list. Still loving the flix, no problem so far.

Top Bottom