Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Zoltani

I’m dangerously close to my time to order and I’m still torn between 16mm and 15mm.

I'm in the same boat. I know I wanna go with the carbon fiber insert and internal power switch, but unsure of coil size. I mainly use Ti tips, so thinking the 16mm.

Zoltani,

McCrixus

You don't find it too harsh? Can you wait till the second click or do you pull on the first?
I'll wait for the 2nd click on the 1st hit. After that I usually only get 1 click. Clear the bowel in 3 hits on average. After the batteries are drained a little you can give an extra sec, but it will combust in a heartbeat.

McCrixus,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'll wait for the 2nd click on the 1st hit. After that I usually only get 1 click. Clear the bowel in 3 hits on average. After the batteries are drained a little you can give an extra sec, but it will combust in a heartbeat.

Indeed, I just had a small combustion, dumped it in the de-bowler quick and saw a bit of flame.
REASON...
As you said, FRESH charged the batteries, and didn’t plug in my little volt meter, as I usually do, left it a second after click on 2nd cycle. Using a titanium cap, in 15mm insert. I’ve adjusted the coil to my liking, just have to pay more attention when the bats are FULL. It’s not easy to hear any of my caps in the FD, and not much feedback on the stem since your pressing down. As everyone always says, every cap can be different in terms of how many clicks you might get, and how loud they may be.

RustyOldNail,

McCrixus

Indeed, I just had a small combustion, dumped it in the de-bowler quick and saw a bit of flame.
REASON...
As you said, FRESH charged the batteries, and didn’t plug in my little volt meter, as I usually do, left it a second after click on 2nd cycle. Using a titanium cap, in 15mm insert. I’ve adjusted the coil to my liking, just have to pay more attention when the bats are FULL. It’s not easy to hear any of my caps in the FD, and not much feedback on the stem since your pressing down. As everyone always says, every cap can be different in terms of how many clicks you might get, and how loud they may be.
Yeah my caps click is hard to hear during conversations, but I can feel it thru the stem. Sometimes I'll hold it up closer to hear. And if you're doing back to back bowels, I found glass stems to be less hot. My Simrell stem holds the heat for a min.

McCrixus,

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
What are you all running for batteries these days? I’m having a hard time deciding between the Sony VTC-6 and Samsung 35E.

I got a FD with 16mm coil and thin carbon insert coming. Looking for 3 or so heat cycles per 1/2 Ti tip load. Just unsure about which amp discharge rating (cdr) to go with... 8a vs 15-20a. The longer life of the 35e seems nice.

Curious what’s working the best for everyone?

M

mysterion,
Reactions: MM1968

RustyOldNail

What are you all running for batteries these days? I’m having a hard time deciding between the Sony VTC-6 and Samsung 35E.

I got a FD with 16mm coil and thin carbon insert coming. Looking for 3 or so heat cycles per 1/2 Ti tip load. Just unsure about which amp discharge rating (cdr) to go with... 8a vs 15-20a. The longer life of the 35e seems nice.

M

I go with big amps.

RustyOldNail,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You want 10 amp continuous if you can but after that you might go for capacity. Lots of good options out there. 3500mah!

TommyDee,

Vaporware

M

I just got my 16mm FD a couple of days ago, and so far I’ve only tried with VTC-6s. I don’t know how much different batteries change performance, but here’s how I feel about it so far:

Someone who wants huge clouds and super fast extraction from the first heat cycle may want a smaller coil, but I already find flower in a Ti tip easily overheated for my taste (some overcooked taste at least if I heat past the first click, done in 3 heart cycles) and I get a lot more visible vapor on the first heat cycle than I did with a torch. I may consider lowering the coil a little or just pulling the VC right at or before the first.

Performance with the Dynacoil in a Ti tip has been great though. Not choking clouds (although I’m sure I could get them by holding past the click), but a good and manageable amount of vapor.

That makes me think I shouldn’t make changes, but I might try adjusting the coil eventually or switching to lower powered batteries if that actually makes is noticeably less aggressive.

I think most people would probably be pretty happy with mine the way it is with VTC-6s though, and I’m sure I can learn to get the results I want with flower even if I don’t change anything.

I think I need to experiment a little more experience with it to get used to it, but so far I’m happy and impressed with the FD! It gives easy, consistent results and has made me use my VCs more in a day than I ever have before. Hopefully that didn’t make this post too disjointed. :rofl:

NexVision

I just got my 16mm FD a couple of days ago, and so far I’ve only tried with VTC-6s. I don’t know how much different batteries change performance, but here’s how I feel about it so far:

Someone who wants huge clouds and super fast extraction from the first heat cycle may want a smaller coil, but I already find flower in a Ti tip easily overheated for my taste (some overcooked taste at least if I heat past the first click, done in 3 heart cycles) and I get a lot more visible vapor on the first heat cycle than I did with a torch. I may consider lowering the coil a little or just pulling the VC right at or before the first.

Performance with the Dynacoil in a Ti tip has been great though. Not choking clouds (although I’m sure I could get them by holding past the click), but a good and manageable amount of vapor.

That makes me think I shouldn’t make changes, but I might try adjusting the coil eventually or switching to lower powered batteries if that actually makes is noticeably less aggressive.

I think most people would probably be pretty happy with mine the way it is with VTC-6s though, and I’m sure I can learn to get the results I want with flower even if I don’t change anything.

I think I need to experiment a little more experience with it to get used to it, but so far I’m happy and impressed with the FD! It gives easy, consistent results and has made me use my VCs more in a day than I ever have before. Hopefully that didn’t make this post too disjointed. :rofl:
Explore adjusting the coil before you mess with different batteries I run the VTC6's as well.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
So, Does TD have a Flix/Fluxer to compare. :spliff:

Would appreciate your accessment, before I join the lineup.:cheers:

stark1,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
This site has a cover page with a very clear ratings and cost of high output cells.

Not affiliated! Just sharing the information on their page.
It also happens to be where I get my 1200mah 18350 efest cells.

RustyOldNail

This site has a cover page with a very clear ratings and cost of high output cells.

Not affiliated! Just sharing the information on their page.
It also happens to be where I get my 1200mah 18350 efest cells.

Is Efest still using the higher “pulse discharge ratings” on their batteries? I avoided that brand in the ECig mod world.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Siebter

someTooL

Been using the VTC5’s for about a week now with no complaints. No longevity test, but would easily last the day or more for me. The FD and Flix behavior is almost identical. I have a 16mm coil in both.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@RustyOldNail - efest seems to have gone through some kind of epiphany during the 'red' years. These purple 18350 are behaving very well on my IH projects. Just order an extra set. Purple 14500 cells were 'over-rated' and were too weak to use at high discharge rates. They would become unbalanced quickly. The 18350 are being very consistent in discharge voltages. The 14500 were rated at 9.75A. The 18350 are rated at 10 amps. I am running them at about 70% rating at a high cycling rate of once per day, give or take. I have no problem recommending these for the Flix which could represent a larger load that I put on them daily.

I am also interested in KeepPower's version. A bit spendy but they are a contender. Have always liked their 18650 protected cells.

Here is a cute little pack that would run a Flix... BMS w/ USB and 5.5x2.1 charging.

20200717_201539.jpg

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

OK, finally catching my breath a bit after a very hectic 4-5 weeks of Fluxer stuff. June and July have certainly kept me busy! I've built and shipped ~95 Flix to date, and as I discussed here I also saw some of those heaters a second time due to a component selection error that affected too many heaters from the first two batches, so I feel like I've worked on ~120. Parts were changed, repaires were made, and AFAIK things are working as expected now for all but a few Flix owners. Although there will always be some heaters that fail well before their time, I am hopeful that the circuit is now as strong as it is going to be. From the comments I think that most Flix owners are generally happy with it, but I pay attention to ALL feedback and will continue to look for ways to make it better. Thank you for your support for my designs, and your patience with my one-man-band approach to this stuff. :tup:

More Flix on the way:

I've been busy this week making more Flix PCBs, and I've just added a batch of 24 to the store, another batch of 30 or so that I'll be posting to the store later today, if anyone is interested:

IMG-9995-private.jpg

:D:brow::rockon:

Flux Deluxe:

I completed Flux Deluxe heaters for the September 2019 cohort, and have shipped all but one of those (the last will go out tomorrow). Thank you! The Flux Deluxe takes considerably more effort to produce than the Flix, and I really notice that when I go from making a batch of one heater to making a batch of the other. :o

In the immediate future I'm going to focus on the batch of Flix I discussed above, but I'll begin the data prep for the October 2019 cohort next. I'd like to get those emails out as I am completing this batch of Flix, so I hope to have those ready to send by the end of the week. We'll see how that goes.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Finally, I just want to express my continued thanks for your support for my heaters! I like building these things and I enjoy my interactions with you, both here and via email, and I couldn't do those wthout your help, so thank you for making this heater-building hobby/side-hustle possible! There are a lot of options for IH at the moment, and I'm grateful for your interest in mine! I'm hopeful people will continue to find value in my heaters in this expanding field of choices.

Cheers,
:leaf:

Last edited:

MM1968

M
This is a great resource for checking battery performance.

The graphs are all Torchy's personal testing rather than manufacturers claimed performance.

Top Bottom