Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

cieje

I just ordered it, place your bets what's gonna arrive first? the flix or the power supply? The waiting game is part of the fun but curiously more waiting doesn't equal more fun. The good news is I have all the time to learn how to use that thing without setting it on fire.
well, "Estimated Delivery: Between Jun 17 and Jul 3"

cieje,

Aalberti13

@Stonedbadger - In its stock configuration the LED inside the Flix is a single blue/red bi-color LED. The blue side illuminates when power is turned on. When you activate the heater, the red side ALSO activates, which is how it turns purple. On the ordering form there are a few options to choose between if you don't want the blue/red combo such as all green, all blue, or rainbow (red, green and blue) for an additional $10.

Check out Mr. C's YouTube page for more videos, but if you haven't watched the video for the Flix, here it is:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
well, "Estimated Delivery: Between Jun 17 and Jul 3"
Yes I saw that, but I know that delivery times are not what they used to, stuff that would take 2 days now take 3 weeks to arrive. I estimate I will go insane at least 3 times waiting for those packages. :bang:

The chemist,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@The chemist - I've had pretty good luck with domestic eBay deliveries in recent weeks. First class may only be an extra day or so. Always within the week.

Good to know you heal quickly from insanity :D

cieje

label created! got my cvap today (it's 2019 M stem and cap SS tip) hopefully it comes soon!

cieje,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all, a few updates:

Fluxer Heaters Web Store:
Thanks for making the launch of the Flix and the Fluxer web store so successful! :clap: :bowdown: The Flix is off to a good start! I also sold all of the FDs I put up for sale (new and blem units). Thank you! You guys rock! :rockon:

The Fluxer Heaters Fulfillment Team (aka, "me" ) is working through your orders. I have shipped almost all of the orders for non-customized heaters, and will start building the customized heaters next. I expect to complete those builds tonight and tomorrow. I'm trying hard to ship all of the orders placed so far by the end of the week. :tup:

BTW, I still have plenty of Flix available, so come and get 'em if you want one. :D I'll be sending out an announcement email to the Flix subscription list very soon to let them know, too.

The recepton to the blemished case units I (briefly) had for sale was fantastic - thank you! I found a few more blemished cases and will put together some more blem units for sale when I have time.

Flix PSUs: I have not had time to pursue add'l power supply sources yet, so that item is still TBD.

September Flux Deluxe waiting list/order confirmation emails: I have not yet had time to process these yet, but hope to get to them shortly.

That's all for now - thanks!

I owe a few of you PMs and hope to get to those later tonight. :nod:

Cheers,
:leaf:

Last edited:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
nightflix.jpg

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Default lights, same as the video a couple posts up. Blue base light, red active heating lights which makes it look purple.

Moses Baca,

Stonedbadger

Well I ended up order a blue flix with 16mm coil (smallest insert), rainbow leds (I'd been keen on a pic or video if anyone has one), and all the bling!

Stonedbadger,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
rainbow leds (I'd been keen on a pic or video if anyone has one), and all the bling!

:wave:

As it happens, I am actually pulling the first batch of those out of the reflow oven momentarily. I did not think to take a pic of the testing versions of any of the alternate colors when I had them handy, so I’ll be posting some pics and add’l videos soon.

;)

Cheers, and thanks for your order!

Baron23

So I have now had my FD for a few days and I have to say that, each time I use it, I'm even more glad with my decision to buy it.

Its just outstanding build quality/feel to hand, function, and performance.

I have the external exposed switch which is fine as its a home model mostly for me.

But I now can understand the desire by some for internal switch as the external does extend past the case just a bit and I think may be liable to be switched on or broken if handled too roughly during travel. I would not pack it up for travel with the batts lest it accidentally turned on.

Have a great day

LongDraw

Welp, looks like my fixed power supply should be here tomorrow, and my Flix on saturday. Lets hope no delays!!

Tried searching on amazon for the variable power supply, they have them but only in 3 amp or 5 amp, not 10 amp.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
This supplier has several versions; Alexnld.com | Free Worldwide Shipping
And they take PayPal.
The supplies are under lighting - 3-12v 10a | Search Results | Alexnld.com

Thanks for hunting down that link and sharing it, @TommyDee ! Less than $30 shipped, and delivered by July 4? That's a great deal for this particular power brick. :tup:

I don't know if this will interest anyone other than Tommy, but this is the jig I built to allow me to solder the non-SMD "through-hole" components (e.g., the relay, DC jack, on/off switch, etc.) in batches. It can hold five Flux Deluxe or nine Flix PCBs at a time:

IMG-9705-private.jpg

IMG-9712-private.jpg

:science:

OK, back to soldering Flix. :D

Cheers,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks for hunting down that link and sharing it, @TommyDee ! Less than $30 shipped, and delivered by July 4? That's a great deal for this particular power brick. :tup:

I don't know if this will interest anyone other than Tommy, but this is the jig I built to allow me to solder the non-SMD "through-hole" components (e.g., the relay, DC jack, on/off switch, etc.) in batches. It can hold five Flux Deluxe or nine Flix PCBs at a time:

IMG-9705-private.jpg

IMG-9712-private.jpg

:science:

OK, back to soldering Flix. :D

Cheers,

@TommyDee is not the only “geek” in this thread, perhaps the most VISIBLE.... :)

Love the shop videos, photos, etc. It’s one of the things that separates you from 90% of the others, in my opinion.

Aalberti13

@TommyDee is not the only “geek” in this thread, perhaps the most VISIBLE.... :)

Love the shop videos, photos, etc. It’s one of the things that separates you from 90% of the others, in my opinion.

Absolutely agree. His transparency into the inner workings of his shop and manufacturing process is one of the many reasons why I held out to buy an IH from him and no one else.

Now I patiently wait and refresh this page as well as my email every 5 minutes waiting to receive tracking information. :D

Top Bottom