Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

hey there, long time lurker joining in!

+1 for the temp sense like on the tornado

this is the single best feature an ih can offer, since you never have to worry about combusting whatever herb you vape and there are no more limits to vapor customization. also, this is the only way aromatherapy vaping other herbs, whose combustion point is significantly lower than that of weed, becomes practically possible with a vapcap

lugaschfuckcombustion,
Reactions: TommyDee

rvarick

@rvarick Did you get it? We demand pics!

Mine says delivery Tuesday, but has been scanned at my local distribution center so hoping for tomorrow, lol we will see.
I did receive my Flite yesterday. As requested below are some pics. I'm happy to say that it looks awesome, and really sleek with the gunmetal and the CAS option! It feels solid AF too, especially compared with something like the Orion. The sleeve was really nice, but I’m using a hermitshell case for it.

However I’m sad to say it’s not working. I got 8-10 clicks out of it before it stopped responding - even though the batteries aren't dead. I was having issues with immediate combustion prior to that, with heating also taking a really long time too (15-30 secs with a ti tip!). I’ve emailed Jeff about it. Hope (and am sure) mine’s just an anomaly, and can be fixed!

Also those debating what switch type to go with, for what its worth; I may change over to the button instead of the CAS - if the aggressiveness is what it is with the CAS depth, or if the issues with mine are CAS-related.

Again though, sure mine’s an anomaly and will get sorted out. I really should be a beta-tester - everything I buy is broken at first (Orion, Firewood 5, 6 AND 7, Rio, multiple dynavap parts, and now possibly the Flite...)!

D2688B05-050D-49F3-A214-F59448391AC5.jpeg87C5DE91-7276-4EAE-980F-973BF98E3AE6.jpeg37CD4EC0-2EBF-4E3F-ABC8-4066A81A02B5.jpeg

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the post, Rick, and thanks for your write-up! And thank you for being the first to try this! I am sorry it promptly fell on its face, but we'll stand it back up ASAP.

I’ll email you separately about the issue you are experiencing. :hmm: I think it may be a bad sliding switch.

Thanks for the honest write up and pics! I’ll post more after some coffee.

----

Updated to add: After an email it seems like it may be a bad BMS, as it seems to be sensing a low voltage situation where none actually exists. Return label sent, and we'll see what it has to say for itself when I get it on the bench.

There are 24 heaters in total in this first batch, including the four I'll be completing this afternoon. I'm very hopeful the others perform better out of the box than this one did, but we'll see what happens. There is a learning curve with every product launch, and I probably won't know exactly how to build these for you until I've digested these early user reports. There's no substitute for real users.

Thanks, all! It has been an all-consuming effort for me to get the first batch out, and now that they are out in the real world and you are using them, tell me what you think and I will incorporate your feedback to make these better. "It's a process," as they say, and I am paying close attention to the things you like, and especially the things you don't like about these first heaters. Your feedback is welcome, and I'll do what I can to fix any issues in these first heaters while also making sure that batch #2 is better. :tup:

Last edited:

rvarick

Thanks for the post, Rick, and thanks for your write-up! And thank you for being the first to try this! I am sorry it promptly fell on its face, but we'll stand it back up ASAP.

I’ll email you separately about the issue you are experiencing. :hmm: I think it may be a bad sliding switch.

Thanks for the honest write up and pics! I’ll post more after some coffee.

----

Updated to add: After an email it seems like it may be a bad BMS, as it seems to be sensing a low voltage situation where none actually exists. Return label sent, and we'll see what it has to say for itself when I get it on the bench.

There are 24 heaters in total in this first batch, including the four I'll be completing this afternoon. I'm very hopeful the others perform better out of the box than this one did, but we'll see what happens. There is a learning curve with every product launch, and I probably won't know exactly how to build these for you until I've digested these early user reports. There's no substitute for real users.

Thanks, all! It has been an all-consuming effort for me to get the first batch out, and now that they are out in the real world and you are using them, tell me what you think and I will incorporate your feedback to make these better. "It's a process," as they say, and I am paying close attention to the things you like, and especially the things you don't like about these first heaters. Your feedback is welcome, and I'll do what I can to fix any issues in these first heaters while also making sure that batch #2 is better. :tup:
Thanks, I appreciate the quick follow-up (on New Years Day no less!), as well as the continued transparency here! I'm confident it'll get sorted out, and hopeful mine is the only weird one. Maybe the problem was it arrived in 2020 ;), but either way if this is the worst thing that happens in 2021, then I'm doing alright!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Was very excited to get my tracking number. Congrats to @mr_cfromcali for getting them all out the door!!!

Thanks, @Texus ! Yours was 2nd to last, and I just finished the last one from the batch, so yes, batch #1 is done and the remaining, unsent heaters will go out w/tomorrow's mail. Thanks to all of you for your support and patience in what has been a much longer end game than I expected! You guys rock! :rockon:

Now that these are finding their homes, some of you will likely discover an issue or two. A few preliminary comments that may or may not help:
  • If your heater is too hot, the likelest cause is that I positioned the coil too high for your tastes. I am sorry and I am making a big old mental note to start these off cooler, as people hate!hate!hate! combustion. If yours is too hot, you can make it cooler by pushing the coil downwards from the top, gently. The coolest setting is when the bottom loop of the coil sits as low as possible.
  • If it is still too hot for your tastes, you can remove the heater from the case to slide the coil down as far as possible. The heater is held in place by tension - specifically, there is a rubber disc attached to the back of the white, rectangular relay at the rear of the heater, and it uses tension between the relay and the case to hold the chassis in the enclosure. To remove the chassis, remove the batteries (!!!), and using a paperclip or a good pair of tweezers, hook this rubber disk from underneath and lift up. The heater will pop up.
  • With the heater rremoved from the case, use a fingernail or piece of plastic to slide the coil down even further. A plastic knife or fork is good for this.
  • I will be mostly unavailable during the day this weekend, but will check in when my time permits, and will generally catch up w/this thread and email at night. If you get your heater tomorrow and it sucks or doesn't work, etc., please take a deep breath, and know that I will work with you on whatever issues you find as soon as I am able to.
Thank you to everyone that made it into the first batch, and thank you to all of you who are waiting for your turn and/or waiting to see how this goes -:popcorn: . If the rest of the batch rolls out more smoothly than @rvarick 's , I hope to be back w/batch #2 sometime next week. Let's see how that goes.

Thanks again, and happy new year!

Last edited:

vapormachina

I have received my tracking number too, and with the right color!! Obviously I guess it was the last in the line😅

Thank you very much for your attention and the hard work even on holidays to be able to send these little masterpieces so quickly:clap::clap:

I want to try it! In my case I like aggressive heating, I have my DIY IH configured to click in less than 10s from cold, I am always in a hurry. Although I also want to try the PWM and those 30s heating cycles for those moments of relaxation in which you can stop the world
:smug::smug:

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I like the pouch a lot. it gives Flite character. It also provides easy access, protection from "OH FUCK!" scratches, and a modicum of drop protection.

Would the case still work with Flite dressed in the pouch?

20201130_135426.jpg

I'll put it in the pouch when travelling - which is never. I cannot see a cleaner solution for all around protection and convenience. Thanks Jeff ;]

Zoltani

It is a very nice bag included :) And I finally understand how you have the flite in the front pocket for use, while the drawcord is for the larger pocket for storage.The perspective was confusing to me before I saw it in person for some reason.

The flite is charging up, will have a pic and report soon.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@DHV8654 - it will still be hot to the click, just slower.

For those who like the hot ingress setting, it is the second heating after the first cooldown click that you need to be aware.

I tune mine to make sure it doesn't combust on that second heating in the session. It takes -very- little to change the tune on these 15mm coils. Get to know what you got and see what you want it to do. This second heating is where I rate my tuning.

I have a build from yesterday that almost guarantees dark brown ABV. Heavy hitter to say the least. From the lightweight 2020 cap to my beloved '18 high iron cap, each performs the same - HOT. Bake from cold, perfect! Second heating after a rushed cooldown click - fire! It's just one of the things you learn when you learn to skate on the edge of combustion. :cheers:

And the two heaters couldn't be more different in my book. The aggression does great extraction where the calmer tunes do lighten the ABV too.

PWM gives you more control. If you take a draw, even a sip, you can add 2 clicks of the PWM safely, often 3. Sip-n-Dip by master Piggy and fucking the click. You also get a heartbeat as a counter in the blink rate of the LEDs and tactile feedback of the relay. Now the thing won't just run away from you, but it is still the same tune, just slower. Roughly of course, but all things being equal, PWM only changes the rate of heating. For some caps, that is exactly what they need. 2020 caps probably not soo much.

rvarick

I like the pouch a lot. it gives Flite character. It also provides easy access, protection from "OH FUCK!" scratches, and a modicum of drop protection.

Would the case still work with Flite dressed in the pouch?

View attachment 4908

I'll put it in the pouch when travelling - which is never. I cannot see a cleaner solution for all around protection and convenience. Thanks Jeff ;]
I don't think the case and the pouch would work in tandem. The case isn't really necessary over the pouch, as the pouch is nice, and sufficient. A small upside to the case (besides that I had one already), is that is might offer some additional drop protection over the pouch/sleeve - which may help for us clutzes. Both are pretty innocuous (and therefore stealthy) though, which is nice when out and about.
So far between full power and PWM I have been enjoying PWM cycling at 75%on 25%off. This seems to give me the most even roast and taste for my liking, and I also like to skirt the edge of combustion. I have an extremely beat up '18 cap.
Dumb question - where does the PWM dial sit for the 75 on/25 off? Is it "9:00" or "3:00"?

Last edited:

Zoltani

Dumb question - where does the PWM dial sit for the 75 on/25 off? Is it "9:00" or "3:00"?

@mr_cfromcali can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure this is the "factory settings", or at least was on mine. This setting should have the arrow on the dial pointing at about 4:00, so the line should make a forward slash like so /

My flite has both CaS and button. I will summarize my opinions on this after I have some more time with it. As it is now I cannot get the CaS to operate with my beat up cap. It is an 18 cap that is so beat up, and digger is about to fall off, but I love the way it clicks. A metal took does operate the CaS mechanism so it is definitely my tip. I could see how this functionality could come in handy, but have yet to be able to test. Will have to source another cap soon, maybe the low temp to try out.

Headed out hiking with the flite now. Excited to try it out in the wild.

Top Bottom