Flower Mill

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am going to pass on the one I won, tried to arrange shipping, but it's not working for whatever reasons, so time to move on... :tup:

First dibs I guess.... go for it!! 😃

kel,

The Owl HOOT HOOT

Thanks everyone that has posted about this device... I just put in a order tonight for the gray premium with expansion pack. Its been great to read all the reviews. I really like the idea of being able to place the nugs in without having to squeeze them in between the teeth. It just looks easy to use and a smart design.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Thanks everyone that has posted about this device... I just put in a order tonight for the gray premium with expansion pack. Its been great to read all the reviews. I really like the idea of being able to place the nugs in without having to squeeze them in between the teeth. It just looks easy to use and a smart design.

I think you'll love it especially because as you said its super easy to load without any teeth getting in your way:freak:!

I've been buying shake for cheap lately ($35 per half oz of decent bud) and the flower mill works great as a scoop for taking a hearty amount right out of the baggie they come in, its turning it into dust with the finest plate which equals some real nice clouds with my Flower Pot
:spliff:

poison

I believe Flowermill mentioned earlier in the thread that https://herbalistbros.com/ carried it. Hope that helps.

Edit: oops, looks like they are sold out, sorry.
Yes. Of course I found this shop with „out of stock” items, then I decided to ask here for some info :) I'm trying to not publish rubbish posts :) Anyway Thank You very much. I must consider to import one piece strictly from this company 😊

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Amazing product, but the customer service is beyond terrible... 😂

Totally failed in the simple process of sorting out the freebie plate remover tool, so much so I got fed up and decided it wasn't worth any hassle and to give it away to someone else.... just been in touch with the person I gave it to, and they can't get any communication from them either!

At this point I have given up on all the offers I have tried to get here...

The intro price new 20 flute plate...

The intro price coarse grind plate...

and now the freebie plate remover tool...

even tried to give them money for all the above.... no luck!!

All failed!!

😂

Maybe it is a cultural thing and because I am from the UK, or maybe there's some other reason, but whatever, just be aware that the impression is that this company is great if you are in the US, but YMMV if you are elsewhere.

Sorry John, nothing personal, at all... just truthfully recounting my experience!

kel,

Ralph

I think it may be you. These guys go out of their way to make people happy and put out a great product at a reasonable price. No matter how hard you try to make people happy there's always someone that you just can't please. These guys are as nice as you can get. Give them the benefit of the doubt and some time, I'm sure it will work out! Being a US vendor, dealing with the European market or vice versa is a bit of a challenge now because of the supply chain. It's in every industry. You have to have patience!

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I appreciate you saying what you did, but I am not sure... been super patient, it's months, not days - this started 4th August. Not lost my temper, not done anything other than be supportive and quick to respond to emails, just got fed up of being messed around after several attempts and gave up. I have had apologies.

Sure, maybe I am being unreasonable and I should be wiling to accept that it might take longer than this... shrugs... I just lost interest is all I am saying really :) I am just accepting that my FM will be as it is forever and moving on so I can put those brain cycles to something else.

But yeah, maybe it is a personal thing - good point! Good job I am not easily offended 😂

p.s. going to unsubscribe from this thread - wishing everyone all the very best with the new stuff, but the truth is, it's fucking awesome as it is and I don't need to spend any more cash :tup:

p.p.s. I would really like the plate remover tool to go to David as requested above,, he was so happy when he claimed dibs!!

Last edited:
kel,

the3b

Don't bother with this device or company.

I got their premium version with the expansion pack and it was junk. It left black dust all over my hands which I don't think is medically safe. I also couldn't grind my perfect quad bud when it was at 12.5% moisture level and gummy. It just turned into a funky ball of hash.

Flower mill said they would send me a return label, but that was over a month ago and they've ghosted me since.

Don't buy. It's not the premium product they wish they were.

the3b,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp
Does anyone have any experience using the Flower Mill with the Mighty vape? Specifically with the dosing capsules? If so, which plate would you recommend for the best grind in dosing capsules without being too fine?

camskittles18,
Reactions: dimmusp

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Thanks so much for the tool, John. It works perfectly for me, and I didn't even know I needed it (more to come about that). Here's a look at the rotor removal tool. It fit mine perfectly and with some applied pressure the rotor came loose no problem.

I have to admit, I've only had the FM a couple of weeks, and I did not know the rotor could be removed and thought it was all one piece with the lid. That being said:

PSA: If you also did not know it could be separated, do so now! I soak mine to clean it before first use and let everything air out to dry. When I removed the rotor for the first time, I found that water had been trapped behind the rotor all this time ~ 2 weeks 😲

It has such a good fit that I think the water gets through the post hole in the middle and can't drain back out. Luckily thanks to the free tool John sent I figured it out quickly. For all of those smarter than me and knew to remove the rotor after cleaning, good thinking! Cheers!
My pleasure! So glad you got one too! This has nudged me to spend more time going over the Mill's features via video on IG and YT. Glad you got it cleaned out, and thank a lot for posting this! It'll help others, for sure.

I don't think I mentioned this, but the tool fits into the lower bowl for storage if needed! (Looser fit on 3pc, tighter fit on 4pc)

I CALL IT!

DIBS

David Root
You're in! PM'd for address.

@FlowerMillJohn thanks for the rotor removal tool! it works fantastic and is definitely a great addition to this premium product. Much appreciated for you sending me one.
You're welcome! No greater feeling than the right tool for the job.. Enjoy!

@FlowerMillJohn, I would also like to thank you as I just received mine. This is a useful tool and I appreciate your generosity!

And it inspired me to mill up a bud to celebrate. 🙂

imghost
You're welcome, was my pleasure. Thanks for taking the time to post, looks delish!

Thanks! Let me / us know how it works for ya. Here if you need anything.

I appreciate you saying what you did, but I am not sure... been super patient, it's months, not days - this started 4th August. Not lost my temper, not done anything other than be supportive and quick to respond to emails, just got fed up of being messed around after several attempts and gave up. I have had apologies.

Sure, maybe I am being unreasonable and I should be wiling to accept that it might take longer than this... shrugs... I just lost interest is all I am saying really :) I am just accepting that my FM will be as it is forever and moving on so I can put those brain cycles to something else.

But yeah, maybe it is a personal thing - good point! Good job I am not easily offended 😂

p.s. going to unsubscribe from this thread - wishing everyone all the very best with the new stuff, but the truth is, it's fucking awesome as it is and I don't need to spend any more cash :tup:

p.p.s. I would really like the plate remover tool to go to David as requested above,, he was so happy when he claimed dibs!!
Kel, I'm really sorry this didn't work out.

Ultimately this is my fault. I've been very busy keeping up with all of the stuff going on (we just got home from a week long event in Las Vegas with the whole team). It's been a struggle to keep up, since I also run a second business as well as a full-time job. I just don't have the time at the moment to go back and fourth constantly to figure out small details. My only intention was to be helpful to you, but I likely took on more than I was capable of.

I just want to be clear now that this is public that the reason you were waiting since Aug was because we had worked out a deal to save you shipping by getting the 20 flute to Herbalist Bros in their next order. Their order timeline is out of my control, which I wads clear on. It was only that way to help save you shipping to UK.

Bought a rose gold edition earlier to compare with my BCG, had no idea rose gold was a limited color which is cool I guess
So good! You're one of the few! We're still working on exactly what our plan will be with colours, so for now everything is limited!

Open to suggestions btw :)

Don't bother with this device or company.

I got their premium version with the expansion pack and it was junk. It left black dust all over my hands which I don't think is medically safe. I also couldn't grind my perfect quad bud when it was at 12.5% moisture level and gummy. It just turned into a funky ball of hash.

Flower mill said they would send me a return label, but that was over a month ago and they've ghosted me since.

Don't buy. It's not the premium product they wish they were.

You were talking with me through email. First things first: My full apologies for not getting your return label out yet. The specific issue is that I was waiting for our sales representative to activate our new Canadian shipping account, and with the big trade show we were at in Vegas last week, this fell through the gaps. This normally would have taken seconds to do. I certainly didn't mean to appear as if we'd ghosted ya; I wouldn't have offered to pay your return shipping if so.

I'll try to have that done by the end of the week for you.

About the dust: We've only seen this a few times and it's been very mild, but your case sounds like the worst yet. I believe this is a bead-blasting / anodizing issue. Most Mills seem to leave a slight residue as the surfaces mate together, but after a few turns it wipes off and doesn't return. (Ano is a hard surface) We're likely moving forward with a small design tweak that will ensure this potential problem goes away. As usual, we'll make the parts available inexpensively for anyone who wants to update. We're learning as we go, and I know that can be frustrating.

The claims about it's operation: If you haven't read through this thread, please take some time to. The people here are no BS, upper-echelon consumers. If the device truly didn't work then that would have undoubtedly surfaced here. I'm trying to stay open and vulnerable with everyone here, I really value the un-biased knowledge.

the3b

My pleasure! So glad you got one too! This has nudged me to spend more time going over the Mill's features via video on IG and YT. Glad you got it cleaned out, and thank a lot for posting this! It'll help others, for sure.

I don't think I mentioned this, but the tool fits into the lower bowl for storage if needed! (Looser fit on 3pc, tighter fit on 4pc)

You're in! PM'd for address.

You're welcome! No greater feeling than the right tool for the job.. Enjoy!

You're welcome, was my pleasure. Thanks for taking the time to post, looks delish!

Thanks! Let me / us know how it works for ya. Here if you need anything.

Ultimately this is my fault. I've been very busy keeping up with all of the stuff going on (we just got home from a week long event in Las Vegas with the whole team). It's been a struggle to keep up, since I also run a second business as well as a full-time job. I just don't have the time at the moment to go back and fourth constantly to figure out small details. My only intention was to be helpful to you, but I likely took on more than I was capable of.

I just want to be clear now that this is public that the reason you were waiting since Aug was because we had worked out a deal to save you shipping by getting the 20 flute to Herbalist Bros in their next order. Their order timeline is out of my control, which I wads clear on. It was only that way to help save you shipping to UK.

So good! You're one of the few! We're still working on exactly what our plan will be with colours, so for now everything is limited!

Open to suggestions btw :)

You were talking with me through email. First things first: My full apologies for not getting your return label out yet. The specific issue is that I was waiting for our sales representative to activate our new Canadian shipping account, and with the big trade show we were at in Vegas last week, this fell through the gaps. This normally would have taken seconds to do. I certainly didn't mean to appear as if we'd ghosted ya; I wouldn't have offered to pay your return shipping if so.

I'll try to have that done by the end of the week for you.

About the dust: We've only seen this a few times and it's been very mild, but your case sounds like the worst yet. I believe this is a bead-blasting / anodizing issue. Most Mills seem to leave a slight residue as the surfaces mate together, but after a few turns it wipes off and doesn't return. (Ano is a hard surface) We're likely moving forward with a small design tweak that will ensure this potential problem goes away. As usual, we'll make the parts available inexpensively for anyone who wants to update. We're learning as we go, and I know that can be frustrating.

The claims about it's operation: If you haven't read through this thread, please take some time to. The people here are no BS, upper-echelon consumers. If the device truly didn't work then that would have undoubtedly surfaced here. I'm trying to stay open and vulnerable with everyone here, I really value the un-biased knowledge.
Awesome you talk here, but maybe you should have replied to some of my emails...

the3b,

NimChimpsky

I also couldn't grind my perfect quad bud when it was at 12.5% moisture level and gummy. It just turned into a funky ball of hash.
This happened to me only once, the very first time I used my mill having not gotten the hang of it yet - just kind of squashed the bud into a ball and rolled it around. I tried again applying a little more pressure and perfectly fluffy result in about 3 seconds with nothing left in the mill chamber. Haven't had that issue since and hardly ever clean my mill. There is def a slight learning curve, I'd try again with some more pressure.

the3b

This happened to me only once, the very first time I used my mill having not gotten the hang of it yet - just kind of squashed the bud into a ball and rolled it around. I tried again applying little more pressure and perfectly fluffy result in about 3 seconds with nothing left in the mill chamber. Haven't had that issue since and hardly ever clean my mill. There is def a slight learning curve, I'd try again with some more pressure.
Yeah, I did more and less pressure and it didn't seem to make a difference with the amazing bud I had. It squished it to be useless either way... It made great rosin, but it couldn't fluff with this device.

Moreover, it was the black dust on my hands that I couldn't deal with. I shouldn't have to clean my hands after grinding before touching my bud.

the3b,

kel

FuckMisogynists!

No worries, no apologies necessary... as I say I don't really care, it's all fine!

If i can offer any constructive feedback is that as a business owner doing customer relations I would recommend using a CRM tracking system so you don't have to keep track of everything yourself. This has been pretty standard and available for the best part of a couple of decades... it will make your life 10000x easier! The small details? You mean send an email directly to me as you originally suggested you would do, that never arrived. Okay. You left me hanging... I was literally sat waiting for an email to ping through... who treats their customers like that?

This accounts for the first instance yes.

I don't want to recount the details of the different ways I tried to become a customer and give you some cash, or the ways I explained how I have items sent casually from the U.S. from various suppliers, friends, etc. It's easy, inexpensive, takes about a week and is no more difficult than going to the post office to post something within the U.S. I highly recommend reconsidering this, probably not for the expensive items which you should insure, but for stuff costing a few dollars it's absolutely fine. In fact got another one coming this week, trivially easy to place an order, literally two communications and we were done... "Can I have this please?" "Sure thing send me your address and pay here" == job done! Despite what some might think, I am very easy to deal with, both as a customer and as a business owner with thousands of happy customers over the last decade or so. Literally the only complaints I have had are from husbands not knowing what their wives paid for on their credit card 😂

Shrugs... I think that your language confirming "it didn't work out" is interesting ... it could have been,,, "I am really sorry, how can I put this right?" but it wasn't and that says it all for me, happy to put it down to just not knowing how to deal with a heavy workload, not being that bothered, or something, in which case I sincerely hope the feedback helps you in the future - good luck, best wishes no hard feelings :tup:

Last edited:
kel,

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Awesome you talk here, but maybe you should have replied to some of my emails...

Huh?

I'll never mind someone making a valid point, even when it hurts, but this is a blatant lie.

I went ahead and looked:

I responded to every message within 1 day, and even reached out on oct 4th un-prompted to confirm if you'd like to return it and what the box dims would be. The only un-replied emails were from you telling me the box size, and then when those dimensions changed again.

I don't want to recount the details of the different ways I tried to become a customer and give you some cash, or the ways I explained how I have items sent casually from the U.S. from various suppliers, friends, etc. It's easy, inexpensive, takes about a week and is no more difficult than going to the post office to post something within the U.S. I highly recommend reconsidering this, probably not for the expensive items which you should insure, but for stuff costing a few dollars it's absolutely fine. In fact got another one coming this week, trivially easy to place an order, literally two communications and we were done... "Can I have this please?" "Sure thing send me your address and pay here" == job done! Despite what some might think, I am very easy to deal with, both as a customer and as a business owner with thousands of happy customers over the last decade or so. Literally the only complaints I have had are from husbands not knowing what their wives paid for on their credit card 😂

Shrugs... I think that your language confirming "it didn't work out" is interesting ... it could have been,,, "I am really sorry, how can I put this right?" but it wasn't and that says it all for me, happy to put it down to just not knowing how to deal with a heavy workload, not being that bothered, or something, in which case I sincerely hope the feedback helps you in the future - good luck, best wishes no hard feelings :tup:

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I can't help but feel that you've failed to understand my point.

There's much more to our logistics and locations than meets the eye. There is no inexpensive from Canada to UK, it's all done remote in AZ. We absolutely want the cheapest shipping for ALL customers, but it's not necessarily owed; especially in our early days. It feels like you're taking the high road saying you were just trying to become a customer and give us cash, when really you were trying to avoid paying our shipping to the UK. There's nothing wrong with that at all (I'm also on the receiving end of expensive shipping, I get you 100%), but I'm just disappointed it turned into this. It seems my apology fell short, too.

I'll still be sending these items to you on the Herbalist's next order.

the3b

Huh?

I'll never mind someone making a valid point, even when it hurts, but this is a blatant lie.

I went ahead and looked:

I responded to every message within 1 day, and even reached out on oct 4th un-prompted to confirm if you'd like to return it and what the box dims would be. The only un-replied email's was from you telling me the box size, and then when those dimensions changed again.

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I can't help but feel that you've failed to understand my point and apology.

There's much more to our logistics and locations than meets the eye. There is no inexpensive from Canada to UK, it's all done remote in AZ. We absolutely want the cheapest shipping for ALL customers, but it's not necessarily owed; especially in our early days. It feels like you're taking the high road saying you were just trying to become a customer and give us cash, when really you were trying to avoid paying our shipping to the UK. There's nothing wrong with that at all (I'm also on the receiving end of expensive shipping, I get you 100%), but I'm just disappointed it turned into this.

I'm not here to argue, just inform people of your service. It's up to you to do your job and get me my return completed. I'll speak my truth until then.

From my side: i emailed you Oct 4 and 10 with dimensions of my return box and you haven't said boo since. If you want to do customer service, tell your customers why they aren't getting what's been promised for a month.

the3b,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Thank you for the constructive feedback.

You're welcome - hope it helps 😃

I am not going to do anything else at this point. If I hear from Herbalist Bros, then great, I will report back accordingly, if not, then no worries. And of course if you do this then I will send you appropriate payment, no hesitation.

Again, wishing you all the best - good luck :tup:

Last edited:
kel,
Top Bottom