Flower Mill

Datoneguy

I think he means the whole lid? I try to load mine roughly evenly so it doesn’t lean to one side, but if you just put a bit in one side it definitely leans.

In that case I prefer holding straight rather than just resting it on the flower, although it does tend to still tilt a little. If it was off by a lot I would worry about wear on some parts, but I think being a little off is okay.

Still, for anyone experiencing that my recommendation is to just tear whatever you’re putting in and distribute the pieces to at least 2 opposite sides, and preferably more. Whatever makes it work best for you. :)
Yup! meant the whole lid. Like 1 nug sticks up taller than the other nugs by like 1/2 an inch, then the lid doesn't sit flush on top and I'm moving it while lopsided. I filled the chamber with 3 nugs or so each time, maybe I need to put in like 4 or 5 more and see how it goes. Also, I'll try what you're saying in the event it's uneven and just try to keep the lid straight, even if it's only touching some of the flower while milling.
I'll have to do some more testing, loving the results of the flower though. One thing that crossed my mind is that I was moving the lid back and forth quickly, wonder if that could be my issue. Maybe I need to slow down the actual turning of the top.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'm gonna go that route next time and just tear them up into smaller nugs spread out more evenly.

Aos3327

I have seriously considered taking mine down to the local powder coating place and asking them to pop it in the next time they are doing black, or whatever. I've done a few things like this, they only charge a fiver or something and the results are as good as it gets!
That’s a great idea. May do the same if needed.

Aos3327,
Reactions: GroovyOs

kel

FuckMisogynists!
@Datoneguy12 If I remember correctly, the advice is not to put in anything that sticks out over the top of the rim. I definitely spend a second or two tearing up big nugs.

@Aos3327 I just took mine apart, to spray the top and the ring there would only need to be one mask - for the top of the ring, not sure I can be bothered haha

There's also that plastic coat paint too, check out Full Dip it's not as durable as powder coating but it is surprisingly tough once it hardens, and in theory at least you can peel it off afterwards. I have used it on aluminium things before and it never quite all comes off, especially if you end up with dots on areas you didn't mask properly. There may be some 'remover' - haven't looked. Might be worth considering too.

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

Flowermill Premium with extra plates is on its way to me 🙂. I hadn't planned on picking one of these up but in the honor of GAS and wanting to try a different ritual of preparing my flower for vaping, I thought what the hell.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The way you can load nugs in this grinder is reason enough to own it. :)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I got some more buds, so able to experiment a little more.
What I like most is how easy it is to drop full nugs in and how easily the FM breaks it down. I barely touch it with my hands, so much less good stuff wasted on my fingers.
Here are some pics of 4 different strains all using the middle sized screen (I really don’t like the names they use - Im not sure which is which, however, it is #3 in this pic )

Please note that I do not get my goods from proper channels, so I can not confirm the strain names are actually correct.
I also included pics of the screen/top after each milling, where you can see what was left behind.

Soooooooo much keif after milling the cereal milk!!!! :D I brushed it all into a Jyarz Chico, so hopefully none wasted!
0488CD10-7D50-44F3-85FD-E3B071587D86.jpeg

9C3E35F1-AF6B-426E-BFCD-1DCCEC2617A5.jpeg

I am pleased with the Flower Mill so far. It’s fun and easy to use. Plus, everything comes apart making it super easy to clean and dry off very quickly.
However, I am not impressed with the grind consistency at least with this size screen - there are a number of stems and bigger chunks that fell thru.

If anyone has a request for pics from a different sized screen, lmk and next time I grind/mill I will use a different size.

SquirrelMaster

My order has arrived :D.

First impressions:
Packaging is very nice, easily my favorite for grinders (it reminds me of the Tafee box). It would make a good storage box but it doesn't fit in my drawer and I had a spot ready for it 😊. The lid is nice and tight which I bet would do well for holding in smell.

The Flowermill is so fucking clean. Absolutely flawless construction on this beauty and I ALWAYS notice imperfections if they exist (it's a curse and a blessing). It will satisfy an OCD brain is what I'm getting at 🤣. The logo isn't solid, there's depth to it that draws me in when I look at it. Size and placement is perfect, don't you ever change it @FlowerMillAaron 😁! The bottom piece is very deep, contrary to many 3 pieces on the market that spill easier, are harder to grip, etc. Weight sense to be perfect to be honest, with the mix of aluminum and stainless it's in the goldilocks zone. I'd like to see an optional stainless bottom in the future (if possible) just because but, it's not necessary. I like the stock look but colored bodies are going to be a massive hit for Flowermill imo.

I milled (it's so odd to say that 😄) some Aphgani... broccoli 🥦😂 and the experience was so foreign to me. I knew before hand that there needed to be a fairly even layer but my first go had the lid tipped funny until I put a bit of pressure and 2-3 turns later it was done. Skipping ahead for a second, I milled some more, Super Skunk this time, and again it was only 2-3 turns (not full). Am I high (yes very, the Aphgani and S.S. are taking turns in the Herborizer DigiTi) or did I not hear the Flowermill required more turns? I'll have to really push this girl now because that was nothing.

Anyways, I am really liking the final flower. Very fluffy and decently consistent. The stock plate is surprisingly coarse imo compared to what many grinders offer. Bravo I say, that's why I picked up the expansion pack to test the finer grinds. I'll see how the stickier strains fair as well because I expected some resistance, which there is in the sense that you push down while turning but, the feel is so much different than any other (traditional) grinder I have tried. For the contrast in use alone I am only disappointed that I waited so long to pick one up.

Vaporware

I knew before hand that there needed to be a fairly even layer but my first go had the lid tipped funny until I put a bit of pressure and 2-3 turns later it was done. Skipping ahead for a second, I milled some more, Super Skunk this time, and again it was only 2-3 turns (not full). Am I high (yes very, the Aphgani and S.S. are taking turns in the Herborizer DigiTi) or did I not hear the Flowermill required more turns? I'll have to really push this girl now because that was nothing.

Speed is actually one of my favorite things about the Flower Mill!

There were a couple of times where I overloaded it or pressed too hard and I had to adjust the flower to finish, but as I get used to it that hardly ever happens. It’s almost always a few seconds of turns or half turns and done. :)

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Sorry I'm new to vaping. Would the Standard work well with a hybrid conduction/convection vape such as the POTV One, or is the screen too coarse? It would be a big price jump over the Standard to have to buy the Premium and expansion kit just to get a screen size smaller. Do you plan on releasing a Standard with a smaller screen size? Or maybe be able to pick what screen the premium ships with? Thanks.
Thanks for asking! I know the jump is pretty big to the Premium, but I'd go out on a limb to say you'll likely be more happy with it in the long run since it'll do everything you'll need, forever.

As of now we have no plans to make a finer Standard option. Now, with that said, we are releasing an upgrade kit that will come with the parts to convert the Standard into a Premium. You'll re-use the Standard 20 flute rotor and knob, as well as the lower catch. The kit will include a center body, SS chamber, and then a full Expansion Pack. So, buy with confidence either way! The upgrade kit should roll out before the end of the year.
i really like my flower mill premium edition ... i think i would like the next screen down in size to give me a little finer grind but i really don't want all the screens that come in the expansion pack ... hoping they'll offer the ability to only purchase the screen/s wanted instead of having to buy them all!
Sorry, we don't sell them individually! I highly recommend picking up the full kit though. It may seem useless to have the extra screens, but most people with the same question have told us that they were happy to have them all once they arrived.
Now for my minor gripes. I ran 3 strains through the Flower Mill. Two of the strains were dense and on the moist side of things. I found it took quite some time and I couldn't figure out the technique. I ended up finally finishing both strains and then immediately rant them through one more time really quickly. Idk if the second run through was necessary but I did it just to make up for my likely poor technique. I found it looked pretty consistent after that second run through.

But it took quite some time to mill these two strains. I also had an issue of the nugs going to one side of the grinder and then the top plate not sitting evenly down and wasn't sure what to do. Like, do you still mill even if it's lopsided? I tried to adjust the nugs so it was even, but inevitably it all bunched up to one side moments later. Idk if this is because of me overfilling or improper technique or what, but I was thrown off by this and unsure of how to get it going. I did eventually finish milling though and after a second run through it looked great.

Then I got onto the last strain which was on the dryer side (maybe too dry lol), but the mill ran through some nugs in about 5 seconds and left the stems behind too. Amazingly quick and left things clean.

So appreciate any tips on technique or ideas on what I may have did wrong with the first 2 strains. Even without the Flower Mill working like a charm in 5 seconds and instead minutes of milling, I loved the end result enough not to be bothered about the energy it took to accomplish, but I just thought I'd post here in case I'm doing something super wrong technique wise lol.
Thank you for taking the time to write out the good, AND the gripes!

Yes, overly moist bud will slow down the speed and effectiveness of the Mill. We haven't been that worried, since almost no one seemed to want to use flower that moist... but we somewhat stumbled across a new plate design this week that so far appears to make moist nugs crumble as well as people would be accustomed to. More details to come, but please don't hold your breath just yet!

My best tip would be to reduce the amount of bud you load into the chamber and just know it'll take longer than usual. Another simple thing that may help is to keep a few nugs out of the container for an hour or so to lose some humidity before millin'.
I've already got a mill, but if there was ever a run of more understated premiums (e.g., monochrome, small debossed logo), I'd buy another in a heartbeat :2c:
Keep an eye on our IG page! We'll be releasing some rare combos there, somewhat regularly.
I have seriously considered taking mine down to the local powder coating place and asking them to pop it in the next time they are doing black, or whatever. I've done a few things like this, they only charge a fiver or something and the results are as good as it gets!
As much as I am patiently waiting for people to start modding their Mills, I would advise against using powder coat! Powder coat will typically be applied at a thickness of about 0.005-0.010", and the accumulation on all of the individual surfaces will become too thick to let the Mill close, turn, and especially, thread. The other issue is that while PC is durable, the it won't be suitable for the 'bearing surfaces' that the knob and body use as they rub together. The anodizing that's done actually makes an ultra-hard surface (albeit, thin) and it's perfect for long-term wear in those positions.
The anodizing and bright dip adds much, much less to of a coating to the surface, and we still need to account for that in the machining to make sure everything fits together.

We will definitely release a black center if you sit tight! :)

Lastly!
I wanted to first of all say thanks to all of the people who gave us such great feedback on the [price and logo changes I discussed we were making shortly. Price has long been adjusted, but I'm happy to say that your advice has been taken on our logo situation! We will keep the Mills and graphics as-is. Thanks for the candor, we're listening!

-John

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
I just got my second mill and expansion pack. my ocd makes me always have to have a backup of things i really like and man do i like this device. milling is where its at. thanks FMUSA! i seem to get better effects, flavor/terps from my bud too, there something to the keeping it more intact during the process that i had to try to believe but its there.

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
@FlowerMillJohn any eta on the 20 flute rotor tool to be able to print them out on our end?
Not here yet. Won't be long!

We just got our first injection mold samples in, and I'll ship you and the next 5 people that dibs one below one if you'd like one. :)

aMuGJeal.jpg

Oh, and we just released two temporary colours! Blue, and Rose Gold! Supply is liiiimited. At the moment we aren't selling just the body, sorry!!

n9yZG6Bl.jpg

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Dibs!!

Did I actually get lucky for once? 😂

If it's an epic pain in the ass to ship to the UK I will pass up on my claim here, be honest!!

kel,
Reactions: seki

SixStringToker

Naked member
but we somewhat stumbled across a new plate design this week that so far appears to make moist nugs crumble as well as people would be accustomed to.
I look forward to hearing more about this. My one gripe with the mill is how it chokes up with moist nugs. 90% of my herb mills great but some of that last 10% just kinda smears around. :(

DamnGentleman

Yes, overly moist bud will slow down the speed and effectiveness of the Mill. We haven't been that worried, since almost no one seemed to want to use flower that moist... but we somewhat stumbled across a new plate design this week that so far appears to make moist nugs crumble as well as people would be accustomed to. More details to come, but please don't hold your breath just yet!

I'm excited about this. I don't prefer moist buds but, especially with hemp, I don't always have a choice. When I mill THC and CBD buds together with the current plates, the overall grind is often inconsistent. It's my only major issue with the Mill, and I think it holds some people back from buying one.

babyskunk

Any guesses when the rotor tool is going to be widely available? It looks so convenient

babyskunk,
Reactions: kel

MikeRotchHertz

Thanks so much for the tool, John. It works perfectly for me, and I didn't even know I needed it (more to come about that). Here's a look at the rotor removal tool. It fit mine perfectly and with some applied pressure the rotor came loose no problem.

I have to admit, I've only had the FM a couple of weeks, and I did not know the rotor could be removed and thought it was all one piece with the lid. That being said:

PSA: If you also did not know it could be separated, do so now! I soak mine to clean it before first use and let everything air out to dry. When I removed the rotor for the first time, I found that water had been trapped behind the rotor all this time ~ 2 weeks 😲

It has such a good fit that I think the water gets through the post hole in the middle and can't drain back out. Luckily thanks to the free tool John sent I figured it out quickly. For all of those smarter than me and knew to remove the rotor after cleaning, good thinking! Cheers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom