Flower Mill

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Ha! Yes @kel - you are definitely partially responsible for me buying this (completely unnecessary for me) grinder!!
But I think you might be confusing me for someone else with hands issues (I have minor issues, but the BCG has never been difficult for me to use).
Mostly, I am looking forward to seeing how it does without me pulling off big stems. Less handling the herbs = more good stuff in the vape + less time to grind!
And once they offered up the 25% discount, I really had no choice.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Oh, my sincere apologies if I have got confused, it happens to me sometimes 😂

It handles the big stems beautifully, it's just that little bit easier for me to separate it first I guess!

edit: I worked out why I like removing the stems beforehand, it's so I don't have to open it again after I start milling to remove the stem afterwards!

Last edited:

Redlig

Ha! Yes @kel - you are definitely partially responsible for me buying this (completely unnecessary for me) grinder!!
But I think you might be confusing me for someone else with hands issues (I have minor issues, but the BCG has never been difficult for me to use).
Mostly, I am looking forward to seeing how it does without me pulling off big stems. Less handling the herbs = more good stuff in the vape + less time to grind!
And once they offered up the 25% discount, I really had no choice.

I didn't even remove the main stem...it did not make it through. I did maybe one turn and it was all milled leaving just the stem.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I didn't even remove the main stem...it did not make it through. I did maybe one turn and it was all milled leaving just the stem.

Cool! Is this with the default plate? I find it takes a few seconds of turning back and forth with the smaller hole plates.

kel,

Vaporware

I think the exact flower you’re using combined with technique and probably the amount you load at once really affect the speed of milling and whether or not most of the stems get separated.

Unless it’s really overloaded though, it’s always fast for me. :)

Vaporware,
Reactions: kel

Redlig

Cool! Is this with the default plate? I find it takes a few seconds of turning back and forth with the smaller hole plates.
Yes standard plate. I think it did very well for it being as sticky as it was my other grinder would have gummed up and possibly got a bit stuck. I have the expansion kit on order, I like the stock plate for bowls however for my mighty or rolling I'd prefer a finer grind so I'm excited to try that.

Redlig,
  • Love

GroovyOs

I'm looking to purchase the premium 4 piece, expansion pack, and the rotor and a bunch of other VAS quenching items on black friday. Buy everything I need that day. Was wondering if the FC promo code (VAPE>COMBUSTION21) would still apply or does black friday have a different deal set in plan?

Edit: The colours look wonderfully clean, I would buy a lavender one in an instant. Any eta or updates on the colour being released?

Yooo I was one week late for the 25till95 promo code :cry:

Last edited:
GroovyOs,

Spankeroo

Sorry I'm new to vaping. Would the Standard work well with a hybrid conduction/convection vape such as the POTV One, or is the screen too coarse? It would be a big price jump over the Standard to have to buy the Premium and expansion kit just to get a screen size smaller. Do you plan on releasing a Standard with a smaller screen size? Or maybe be able to pick what screen the premium ships with? Thanks.

Spankeroo,

Texus

warren0728

i really like my flower mill premium edition ... i think i would like the next screen down in size to give me a little finer grind but i really don't want all the screens that come in the expansion pack ... hoping they'll offer the ability to only purchase the screen/s wanted instead of having to buy them all!

kel

FuckMisogynists!

Datoneguy

Got to use the Flower Mill for the first time yesterday. I ended up using the Super Fine screen (2nd finest plate) and the results were pretty great. I ran the same strain through a 2 piece space case the night before and then ground up more through the flower mill the next day. I found that with the same vape (vapcap), i got more vapor and higher for longer after grinding through the flowermill. There were other variables like the weather outside, so maybe that played into it, but either the finer grind or the flowermill leaving more of the goods intact seemed to give better results than i'm use too out of my vapcap.

Before this, I used my SCS and although I liked the results with that too, I found this to give me better vapor out of my vapcap than I would get from my scs. Might be partly because I'm using such a fine plate in comparison to the SCS, but regardless, I'm pretty impressed with how well it's performing. Now I'm just debating between trying the ultra fine plate or the fine plate next to see how it performs when more coarse or even more fine. I'll report back once I test those out, but for now, I'm extremely impressed with the Super Fine plate. Even had some solid taste before the vapor production set in too. Really solid grind results. Way better than what I got out of my space case the night before.

Datoneguy

Now for my minor gripes. I ran 3 strains through the Flower Mill. Two of the strains were dense and on the moist side of things. I found it took quite some time and I couldn't figure out the technique. I ended up finally finishing both strains and then immediately rant them through one more time really quickly. Idk if the second run through was necessary but I did it just to make up for my likely poor technique. I found it looked pretty consistent after that second run through.

But it took quite some time to mill these two strains. I also had an issue of the nugs going to one side of the grinder and then the top plate not sitting evenly down and wasn't sure what to do. Like, do you still mill even if it's lopsided? I tried to adjust the nugs so it was even, but inevitably it all bunched up to one side moments later. Idk if this is because of me overfilling or improper technique or what, but I was thrown off by this and unsure of how to get it going. I did eventually finish milling though and after a second run through it looked great.

Then I got onto the last strain which was on the dryer side (maybe too dry lol), but the mill ran through some nugs in about 5 seconds and left the stems behind too. Amazingly quick and left things clean.

So appreciate any tips on technique or ideas on what I may have did wrong with the first 2 strains. Even without the Flower Mill working like a charm in 5 seconds and instead minutes of milling, I loved the end result enough not to be bothered about the energy it took to accomplish, but I just thought I'd post here in case I'm doing something super wrong technique wise lol.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I haven't found it matters that much, but I tend to have a slightly easier time of things if I place 4 ~equal sized mugs evenly in the chamber , not that it's hard at all.

I found a lighter touch is better overall, press too much and you end up squashing rather than breaking the nugs up and has once ended up clogging the works in an extreme case!

I find it helps to imagine how it works, the nugs are meant to roll around, not be pushed through so they cut on the little circles.

Maybe your bud is really really sticky? Lucky you!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
and then the top plate not sitting evenly down and wasn't sure what to do. Like, do you still mill even if it's lopsided?
Is the top plate screwed into the lid tightly enough?
Granted, I have only run small amounts through mine, but I haven’t had any issue with the top or bottom plate moving.

Jill NYC,

Vaporware

Is the top plate screwed into the lid tightly enough?
Granted, I have only run small amounts through mine, but I haven’t had any issue with the top or bottom plate moving.

I think he means the whole lid? I try to load mine roughly evenly so it doesn’t lean to one side, but if you just put a bit in one side it definitely leans.

In that case I prefer holding straight rather than just resting it on the flower, although it does tend to still tilt a little. If it was off by a lot I would worry about wear on some parts, but I think being a little off is okay.

Still, for anyone experiencing that my recommendation is to just tear whatever you’re putting in and distribute the pieces to at least 2 opposite sides, and preferably more. Whatever makes it work best for you. :)

GroovyOs

Should have read FC a bit more before ordering. No coupon for me, but I’m excited for the new mill. Hope it’s an old logo or (preferably none at all)
Yea one of the things that make me think I should buy now, or wait till black friday, but by then I don't think I'll be able to choose logos when they release them later

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I have seriously considered taking mine down to the local powder coating place and asking them to pop it in the next time they are doing black, or whatever. I've done a few things like this, they only charge a fiver or something and the results are as good as it gets!

Top Bottom