Flower Mill

Jojofernz

So I’m not entirely caught up on every detail with this issue so I’m genuinely just curious.

But is the issue with every flower mill? As in, does every SS flower mill produced have the potential for this issue? Or were just a large amount affected?

I of course don’t want to test this myself by going hard with mine but I do check every so often for dust and still haven’t found any and would hope to have to never check for it again. Could it be possible to have one that would not have the problem?

Jojofernz,

Madtater

This is not correct though. The rotating motion is what causes the shavings.
But if the top is crooked, then the sides rub. If the top is flat/straight the sides wont rub. Then the plastic ring would take care of the rotating motion rubbing.

But you are correct…it rubs regardless. Was just saying i understand what he was saying about the top being flat and not rubbing ….but that is theory and not reality.

But is the issue with every flower mill? As in, does every SS flower mill produced have the potential for this issue?

I did not have dusting. But i don’t use it very often and i was using the wax. The answer is yes, every FM made has the potential to dust.

I have since gone back to my SCS for the very few times i have flower.

Last edited:
Madtater,
Reactions: Grass Yes

AndyO

People who are smoking weed should be comfortable using a product in a perfectly ordinary way without fear of ingesting metal shavings. And if it does need to be used in some special way, the manufacturer should alert the consumer of that specific method to avoid a potentially dangerous result. I understand you want to convince yourself the issue isn't that serious, but it is, and you should stop putting any onus on the consumer for a critical flaw that is specific to this grinder and this shady company.

It was a free grinder, I have no interest in convincing myself of anything. I guess my point is that I don't understand how you're getting metal shavings if you actually are using it in a perfectly ordinary way. Milling it with a crooked lid is not ordinary.

This is not correct though. The rotating motion is what causes the shavings.

If that's the case, then I've completely misunderstood everything I've read!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
If that's the case, then I've completely misunderstood everything I've read!
Fortunately for you, you have. But it seems pretty uncool to spend 10 minutes with a grinder and then go tell everyone who has had one for years, seen the actual problem, that they are "holding it wrong". Consider that you don't have a full understanding of the situation and scolding those who paid for this grinder is not the wisest choice.

Durbandream

It was a free grinder, I have no interest in convincing myself of anything. I guess my point is that I don't understand how you're getting metal shavings if you actually are using it in a perfectly ordinary way. Milling it with a crooked lid is not ordinary.
You don't need to mill it with a crooked lid, just the regular friction of milling is enough to cause metal shavings in the device. If you need more information read more about it in the thread, you seem to be misinformed about this.

Jojofernz

Looks like mine is beginning to have the issue.

Absolutely sucks and not only does Flower Mill not care to correct or even address the issue, but neither does Dynavap, who sells them and who I bought it from.

Flower Mill already lost my respect but now I have lost it for Dynavap, as they continue to carry these Mills and brush off the issue as nothing. Never giving them my money again.

@FlowerMillJohn i know you won’t read this but I hope you made your money, thanks for a $80 piece of garbage.

Hoping to afford an Aroma 3 or BCG ASAP to get rid of this thing.

Anyone ever come here, stay the hell away from Flower Mill!!!!

sadf

Contact your credit card provider and open a dispute, there’s more than enough evidence of the product being defective and the company is refusing to address it.

You can’t rely on the good character of business owners, just force the refund via your bank.

Jojofernz

Contact your credit card provider and open a dispute, there’s more than enough evidence of the product being defective and the company is refusing to address it.

You can’t rely on the good character of business owners, just force the refund via your bank.
Purchase was last year, would that still be possible through a bank?

Jojofernz,

sadf

Purchase was last year, would that still be possible through a bank?

Unfortunately probably not, but you may as well give them a call and see, as they might help you out depending on consumer protection laws in your region and/or on a specific case basis. You have nothing to lose but a handful of minutes of your time.

Jojofernz

Unfortunately probably not, but you may as well give them a call and see, as they might help you out depending on consumer protection laws in your region and/or on a specific case basis. You have nothing to lose but a handful of minutes of your time.
True! I’m not even as upset about the money more that this even is a thing with hardly any response from the company, and just to see them still selling it. I often hear a lot of praise for them and I loved it at first then found out about the issues. Oh well life goes on! Thanks for you suggestions!

Jojofernz,
Reactions: RxPlorer

AndyO

Looks like mine is beginning to have the issue.

Absolutely sucks and not only does Flower Mill not care to correct or even address the issue, but neither does Dynavap, who sells them and who I bought it from.

Flower Mill already lost my respect but now I have lost it for Dynavap, as they continue to carry these Mills and brush off the issue as nothing. Never giving them my money again.

@FlowerMillJohn i know you won’t read this but I hope you made your money, thanks for a $80 piece of garbage.

Hoping to afford an Aroma 3 or BCG ASAP to get rid of this thing.

Anyone ever come here, stay the hell away from Flower Mill!!!!

It's tough... I haven't had any issues with shavings in my grind, and of my 6-7 grinders the Flower Mill is by far the best consistency for the dynavap.

I guess I understand why they're still selling them, especially when their provider refuses to acknowledge the ongoing problem.

AndyO,
Reactions: simba

Jojofernz

It's tough... I haven't had any issues with shavings in my grind, and of my 6-7 grinders the Flower Mill is by far the best consistency for the dynavap.

I guess I understand why they're still selling them, especially when their provider refuses to acknowledge the ongoing problem.
I was the same way, then I decided to clean it!

And the shavings aren’t IN my grind necessarily but a ring has developed and I’ve gotten the dreaded black dust. I think I shouldn’t have cleaned it but that’s a ridiculous problem to even have happen. You shouldn’t need weed residue or wax to prevent metal on metal wear from happening.

RxPlorer

I was the same way, then I decided to clean it!

And the shavings aren’t IN my grind necessarily but a ring has developed and I’ve gotten the dreaded black dust. I think I shouldn’t have cleaned it but that’s a ridiculous problem to even have happen. You shouldn’t need weed residue or wax to prevent metal on metal wear from happening.
One of us. Sorry to say.

Green Kiwi

unfortunately, I have the same problem now after 2 years of usage.

I didn't think of it, but I started to cough, about 8 months ago.
grinded,because I was away from home ,with my old faithful :SLX, and instant cough was gone.

used the flower mill after that again(because I really love the fluffy grind of it)at home, and ....yes again the cough started. I do am sad about it because the terps ,are pronounced with the mill.
why can't John realise ,and put something like a bearing in like others do?:(:hmm:.
Again I am sad about it because I think the principle is such a good idea.
John, I don't think you are a bad guy, but it's really time to address the issue, or you most likely lose a lot of business....and I feel your mill good be it....after addressing the issue.
It would be a shame, to not improve:2c::tup:.

Green Kiwi,

Durbandream

Calling members "human trash" violates our Be Nice rule. Warning point issued.
John, I don't think you are a bad guy
John is definitely a bad guy, definition of human trash.

True! I’m not even as upset about the money more that this even is a thing with hardly any response from the company, and just to see them still selling it. I often hear a lot of praise for them and I loved it at first then found out about the issues. Oh well life goes on! Thanks for you suggestions!
I contacted them with photos and they sent me a $15 coupon for another device, which should show you how disgusting they are. I think the best thing people can do is just to post here and build the case against them by showing how many unsuspecting, innocent customers this continues to affect. And maybe contact the BBB?

It's incredible they haven't been sued yet, could we possibly start a class action lawsuit? I'll look into that today.

Durbandream,
Reactions: sadf

sadf

It's incredible they haven't been sued yet, could we possibly start a class action lawsuit? I'll look into that today.

There probably isn't enough money or a large enough number of claimants for any law firm to give a shit.

If you got suckered into buying one try dealing with your credit card issuer.

sadf,

Jojofernz

There probably isn't enough money or a large enough number of claimants for any law firm to give a shit.

My credit card issuer could give two shits.

I am all down into looking into suing these assholes, at the very least having them do something.

I can’t respect anyone who buys from Dynavap while they sell Flower Mill.

Jojofernz,
Reactions: Magiano

Durbandream

I don't care about the money, I care about stopping a shady business from selling a dangerous product, and that defeatist attitude doesn't help anything. I'll be looking into it, if you're not interested try not to discourage the people who are.

My credit card issuer could give two shits.

I am all down into looking into suing these assholes, at the very least having them do something.

I can’t respect anyone who buys from Dynavap while they sell Flower Mill.

I sent off some emails to a few law firms I found that specialize in class action suits, I actually joined a couple that one handled and they did a really good job. It can't hurt to try, especially with something that can legitimately harm people.

.brew

You can only sue for damages, which in this case would be about $80, and it will be difficult, if not impossible, to demonstrate harm from this product at all let alone because of the manufacturer. In order to do that you'd need to prove that SS dust is actually going into the milling chamber, that breathing in SS dust is bad for one's health, and finally that SS dust is actually going from the milling chamber into someone's lungs. Once you research these details and consider the typical use case for a flower mill you'll quickly realize how futile a lawsuit would be.

A class action lawsuit result isn't going to be better than that $15 coupon someone already received.

Durbandream

Not nice. Warning point issued.
You can only sue for damages, which in this case would be about $80, and it will be difficult, if not impossible, to demonstrate harm from this product at all let alone because of the manufacturer. In order to do that you'd need to prove that SS dust is actually going into the milling chamber, that breathing in SS dust is bad for one's health, and finally that SS dust is actually going from the milling chamber into someone's lungs. Once you research these details and consider the typical use case for a flower mill you'll quickly realize how futile a lawsuit would be.

A class action lawsuit result isn't going to be better than that $15 coupon someone already received.
You can keep your timid, dismissive and lazy attitude to yourself, it's disturbing. People like you are the reason things don't get done.

And I'm the one who received the coupon, buddy. :lol:

Last edited:
Durbandream,

.brew

You can keep your timid, dismissive and lazy attitude to yourself, it's disturbing. People like you are the reason things don't get done.

I explained how the law and damages work. I’m not sure why you became so rude in this thread but it certainly doesn’t match the culture of the community here that I’ve been a member of for over a decade.

Adobewan

Not sure I've seen such an out-of-left-field response to information on these threads.
With the growing state of division these days, FC remains an oasis of information and fellowship(thanks for the considerate share @.brew ).
When we don't take a breath to understand before we react, we run the risk of losing what makes this site great.

Get to know this membership and you'll see there's little need for armor here.
We're all streaking through the cosmos at 500 miles a second together.
Together.

Top Bottom