• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Flower Mill

MedMJ22

That was a while ago. I had the old one and it sucked because it didn’t much to get aluminum dust or whatever the dust was.
Unfortunately, the complaints are related to the revised version.

There’s multiple complaints on Reddit and John from Flowermill admits the stainless version still creates dust.

I tried inserting the screenshots, but they’re displaying incorrectly. The topic is linked and he says that it still happens and they’re working on another revision. I like the grind, but I think it’s time to move on to a manufacturer that doesn’t continue to make defective products.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FlowerMillUsers/comments/zmvr2e

Last edited:

Madtater

Is that what this stuff is for? The potential dust?

I just grabbed one and i have not noticed any metal dust anywhere. It has seen regular use in the last couple weeks as well….i am just not seeing it.

RxPlorer

Unfortunately, the complaints are related to the revised version.

There’s multiple complaints on Reddit and John from Flowermill admits the stainless version still creates dust.

I tried inserting the screenshots, but they’re displaying incorrectly. The topic is linked and he says that it still happens and they’re working on another revision. I like the grind, but I think it’s time to move on to a manufacturer that doesn’t continue to make defective products.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FlowerMillUsers/comments/zmvr2e

RxPlorer,

OyVape

Just got a Premium FM kit In the Classifieds! Can anyone explain or link a video on how to change the plates? The medium plate is so tight i can’t see how to remove/replace it.

Madtater

Just unscrew the ring that holds the plate in.

When i got mine the screw in the plate itself was pretty tight. I used a screw driver to loosen it. Came right off.

This may help a bit though:

Madtater

Thank you. I didn’t know to unscrew the ring.

I love this thing. The ease of use and quality of grind is f’ing astonishing!
No problem.

Ya, i love this grinder. I have had a few friends use it and they were truly amazed.

So glad i grabbed one.

Madtater,

onesixty2

Mine is also looking very bad when I use a Q-tip against it, redesigned version of the premium.

Pretty disappointing, I already ordered myself a replacement BCG and feel like I need to contact FM now. Really a bummer as I’ve loved this grinder style in the short few months I was using it.

realmoosesoup

Sucks about the dust. Mine is an early version of the premium. I noticed the wear on the outside, but have washed it periodically, so not seeing any dust right now. Sad to hear the update is no better. Still have to dive through the thread to get more context.

realmoosesoup,
Reactions: Sour Dream

PossumMD

I'm starting to hate mine. It'll grind bud no worries, but none will fall through the holes. So I have to break it up with my fingers then grind again. It's a chore and a fucking half.

PossumMD,

realmoosesoup

Well, I have a BCG stainless coming. Long story, but I spent a fair bit of time back and forth with them regarding reports of dye bleed on their original models. Offered to let me try the new thing. So, this will be my first BCG. See how that goes. Other than the dust worry, I've had good experiences with the FM, but it can get difficult to work through some chunks of material.
Another thing that's worried me. When you're "done", the metal is grinding together. Is that the plates and top, or the center pole? There are multiple areas I've been thinking about that get friction. Not sure if they're also issues.

realmoosesoup,

PossumMD

Well, I have a BCG stainless coming. Long story, but I spent a fair bit of time back and forth with them regarding reports of dye bleed on their original models. Offered to let me try the new thing. So, this will be my first BCG. See how that goes. Other than the dust worry, I've had good experiences with the FM, but it can get difficult to work through some chunks of material.
Another thing that's worried me. When you're "done", the metal is grinding together. Is that the plates and top, or the center pole? There are multiple areas I've been thinking about that get friction. Not sure if they're also issues.
I'm 99% sure it's the centre pole, cos atm my top plate is quite gummy, but it's not shaving off the gum.

And agreed in the BCG, but that's another story for a different thread.

PossumMD,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I bought one when they were just released and it sits in it's box...
It's a great vape for bone dry herb and that's about all. Processes dry herb very well but that is NOT what I buy.
Anything sticky will not process correctly and you end up with small hard packed balls of weed you need to process with your fingers...
Inside of my lid wore down to the silver, owner replaced it but it's the same thing...

I suggested a plastic ring as a buffer but was told it's not needed and I was using it incorrectly.

At least my SS BCG works flawlessly as have all their other offerings!

Momor

I bought a flowermill mini a few weeks ago and I like it a lot.
It seems to give me a medium "grind" if my herb is dry enough but more coarse with more fresh herbs.
If the herbs are too fresh it will not it only makes little rolls of it 😅
The quarter turn to open/close the bottom is very cool (but still a lot less confortable than my BCG with no thread at all).
It's quite heavy for being made of aluminum with this size but still quite easy to take on the go.
I'm happy with my purchase. For me just the fact that it's nothing like other grinders is really cool and I'm quite proud to show it off knowing my friends only know regular grinders 😅

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Hey FC,

There's no question that we've gotten reports of accelerated wear on the stainless contact areas of the Premium Edition Flower Mill. To address this we've released a new low-friction washer to upgrade your current mill. It's made of food-grade plastic (not Teflon) with high abrasion resistance and low friction coefficient. The kit includes washers to shim the rotor and center rod to account for the slight change in tolerances and maintain proper magnetic force of the knob.

Just for transparency, these were tested by a wide range of customers before releasing on our site (some of whom were very critical of us previously). 100% of those testers said they were happy with the solution and that their problems were solved.

We're making this available to all Premium customers at no cost: https://www.flowermillusa.com/products/premium-low-friction-washer-set

All Premiums have been shipping with the washer installed as of 2/20.

To improve transparency we are adding a change log to the website for all of our products.

If you have any questions please contact me at support@flowermillusa.com, as I don't regularly post here anymore.

Thanks for your support! It's been a pleasure having the opportunity to make this right with our customers <3

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Today is the first time I have heard about it and I have two mills sitting unused. Seems like it would be reasonable for FM to reach out and offer it to customers with the old mills.
Just got an email from FM offering the low-friction kit to me. Good work Flower Mill. I kinda felt like the whole response to this aluminum wear has been a whiff. This looks to me like a much better way to handle it.

I'll be glad if I can start recommending the FM again, once I have tried the new washer fix.

Top Bottom