Flower Mill

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Here to mention 2 things quickly

1. Anyone asking about buying updated parts - Won't be long, but please continue to wait! We're still waiting on a few more parts to arrive, so I'm being cautious to not send out more than we have available at the moment. We're all away at a show in Detroit this week (Canna Con), so expect some traction on this by around the end of next week. I'm confident you guys will like what we're going to propose.

2. Mini Mill's (100% aluminum) are up on the website! Just to reiterate what Aaron said on the last page, all FC folks save 15% with code: vape>combustion22

Oh, and so glad to hear all the love for the new parts!

Last edited:
Flowermill delivered big time!

I had the dreaded aluminium dust with my expansion kit.

Flowermill just sent me their premium new grinder as free replacement

so now i have my original all black Flowermill along a brand new premium flower mill.
the new design seem to allow less of friction between the mill and the base. i suspect less resin will get stuck between the mill and base, making the seemless turns non-sticky for longer.

Many thanks @FlowerMillJohn

I received my replacement warranty parts today. When I say parts, I mean basically a brand new grinder, with improvements, and a rotor key too! This thing is fantastic and I’m extremely happy with the mill as well as with the company!

I’d like to publicly thank John and the team for being so responsive and doing exactly what they said they would do. This had to cost them a lot of time and money - it’s obvious they’re in this business for the long haul.
this 100%

I got 2 grinder for the price of one at this point.

many, many thanks @FlowerMillJohn, for once a company are honest all the way and fix their mistakes!

seki

I initially had the issue with my Flower Mill and I had contacted support about getting some replacement parts. At the time, the redesign hadn't been completed or announced, but they sent me not only a new midsection, but an additional unbranded top section to match the one they originally did for me. I had some issues with the new midsection fitting with my old lower section, so John ended up sending me a second midsection with matching bottom and kief screen.

Based on receiving the updated parts (and then some) I didn't expect to get the redesigned unit, but I got an email with a tracking number randomly a few weeks ago and a brand new updated unit showed up on my doorstep earlier this week.

For the record, I only purchased the premium grinder and one expansion kit, but I ended up with enough parts for 3 units pretty much:
fm-warranty1.jpg

The Flower Mill is easily my favourite grinder, I've got a large BCG, Iaso and a Herb Ripper as well, but the FM is the only one I enjoy using in a manner similar to the feeling I get when I use a vape that I like. I feel like the redesign really allays any concerns or fears anyone might have with it and while it might have taken longer than some might have liked based on posts I've read here and elsewhere, hats off to the FM team for addressing the issue with what looks to me like minimal friction for anyone with a complaint.

I've seen a lot of mention of the wear on the sides of the unit which is what I noticed and what caused me to contact support, but after getting the redesigned unit, I disassembled the old ones so I could re-use some parts and I noticed I had significant wear along the top section, even more so than the sides:
fm-warranty2.jpg

This is the wear I had on the sides:
fm-warranty3.jpg

Just to be safe, if you've got an older unit I'd encourage you to check this top section underneath the rotor plate even if you don't have any wear on the sides. The new design ensures this won't be an issue going forward.

Really glad to have this back in rotation. @FlowerMillJohn any chance I'll be able to purchase an unbranded top when the parts go on sale?

checkyourlibido

I disassembled the old ones so I could re-use some parts and I noticed I had significant wear along the top section, even more so than the sides:
I did similar. I decided against Frankenstein'ing them. I'm just going to stick to the new one. I'll reuse the old interchangeable plates though.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Green Kiwi

MK

Reached out to flower mill months ago about the aluminum dust issue to be ignored despite multiple follow ups. Emailed support@flowermillusa.com a week ago and still no contact. Hoping for some resolution yall.

MK,

checkyourlibido

Reached out to flower mill months ago about the aluminum dust issue to be ignored despite multiple follow ups. Emailed support@flowermillusa.com a week ago and still no contact. Hoping for some resolution yall.
Well, I waited for months for replacement parts. But, I will give them this, they were very responsive by email. That's strange. Maybe check your spam folder or maybe they are just busy.

MK

Got a response after 9 days - must have been quite a show they were at to delay a simple email response. Apparently the amount of aluminum dust being produced by my improperly manufactured mill is not enough to warrant getting the replacement parts. I have to buy the parts ($40) if I want to use my mill without lovely little speckles of aluminum in my flower. Guess I should have just strong armed my mill and really made it look bad, huh? Because the wear is not nearly as severe as others, they say mine is in near perfect condition. Far from it.

He says he will offer a refund, but I have to ship him my mill first. Yeah, like I can trust he will actually refund me after he lied over and over again through this entire situation. Glad some of yall got taken care of, sincerely, but clearly that ain't the whole picture.

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Got a response after 9 days - must have been quite a show they were at to delay a simple email response. Apparently the amount of aluminum dust being produced by my improperly manufactured mill is not enough to warrant getting the replacement parts. I have to buy the parts ($40) if I want to use my mill without lovely little speckles of aluminum in my flower. Guess I should have just strong armed my mill and really made it look bad, huh? Because the wear is not nearly as severe as others, they say mine is in near perfect condition. Far from it.

He says he will offer a refund, but I have to ship him my mill first. Yeah, like I can trust he will actually refund me after he lied over and over again through this entire situation. Glad some of yall got taken care of, sincerely, but clearly that ain't the whole picture.

Just to clarify, the offer was $40 shipped for an entire new Mill, and you'd keep your old one. I don't believe I'm leaving anyone out to dry at those prices. You were incredibly rude via email, you don't trust me to refund you.. so I guess the ball is in your court?

Anyways, that same deal is also what we'll be offering existing users who don't necessarily qualify, or just want to own the new style. Shoot me an email (with the colour you want too!) and I can get you sorted! support@flowermillusa.com

Oh and Mill's are back in stock Aug 5 or earlier! Sit tight if you're waiting for a shipping notification. :)

CanaMama

Anyone is welcome to chime in here! Would~$80 for a SS Mini Mill, and $20 for the Expansion Pack be reasonable? Obviously everyone would prefer less, but I think it's realistic to expect that range. I doubt we'll produce them in a 4pc.
@FlowerMillJohn My brother in law recently got the premium flower mill and loves it. I got to test it out this weekend and fell in love. I really want to get one but it's a bit big for traveling with, so I was eying the mini, but a bit apprehensive with all this talk about aluminum dust... I'm in Canada, so with $18 shipping fee and the conversion rate, the $40 USD mini ends up being $75 CAD for me. So for the price, I want to be completely happy with my purchase and have a quality product that will last.

I would LOVE the ss option for the mini and definitely don't need it to be 4-piece, 3-piece would actually be my preference!

As far as pricing though, there is a $25 difference between the standard aluminum and premium ss models, so if the origin aluminum mini is $40, I feel like $65 would be fair. I doubt I would consider paying more than that for a mini model, especially considering the high shipping cost.

Anyways, I'm itching to get one, but again, a bit wary about this aluminum dust issue and if a ss mini is in the works, I might just have to be patient! Is there a timeline for when these will be available for purchase??

If I end up getting the original mini though, what happens if I do run into the same aluminum dust issue I've read about?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Texus

@FlowerMillJohn My brother in law recently got the premium flower mill and loves it. I got to test it out this weekend and fell in love. I really want to get one but it's a bit big for traveling with, so I was eying the mini, but a bit apprehensive with all this talk about aluminum dust... I'm in Canada, so with $18 shipping fee and the conversion rate, the $40 USD mini ends up being $75 CAD for me. So for the price, I want to be completely happy with my purchase and have a quality product that will last.

I would LOVE the ss option for the mini and definitely don't need it to be 4-piece, 3-piece would actually be my preference!

As far as pricing though, there is a $25 difference between the standard aluminum and premium ss models, so if the origin aluminum mini is $40, I feel like $65 would be fair. I doubt I would consider paying more than that for a mini model, especially considering the high shipping cost.

Anyways, I'm itching to get one, but again, a bit wary about this aluminum dust issue and if a ss mini is in the works, I might just have to be patient! Is there a timeline for when these will be available for purchase??

If I end up getting the original mini though, what happens if I do run into the same aluminum dust issue I've read about?

Thanks!!
See recent posts about the aluminum dust issue being resolved. Includes pics of the new design and a description of their fix.

Texus,
Reactions: Jill NYC

CanaMama

See recent posts about the aluminum dust issue being resolved. Includes pics of the new design and a description of their fix.
I read the posts and watched the update, but I was under the impression that it was for their standard size.. have they also put the ss top in the minis now? I don't see any option on their website to purchase a ss mini though, so maybe I'm mistaken?

CanaMama,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Full disclosure - if anyone has concerns of anodized aluminum wearing, these Mini's are anodized aluminum and will wear with use. Although know, this is no different from any conventional tooth grinder with aluminum teeth or contact surfaces. In some form, they all wear. Just want to state that clearly since I know some are highly avoidant of such things. The Standards and Mini's have a pre-installed plastic washer in the knob that helps eliminate as much friction as possible.

The issue with excessive dust should not be prevalent at all as it was due to a machining glitch I believe.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Jill NYC

CanaMama

The issue with excessive dust should not be prevalent at all as it was due to a machining glitch I believe.
So, does the mini have the same stainless steel top plate that they designed to resolve the aluminum dust issue with the standard size or is it still 100% aluminum? If I'm spending that kind of money, I don't want to be worried about potential health risks...

CanaMama,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

They redesigned part of it to help prevent the previous issue from happening.
From what I remember they did the redesign of their top model to prevent this issue, but stated it was an overkill measure as the issue at hand had only affected such a small percentage of users and was caused by a glitch.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

checkyourlibido

From what I remember they did the redesign of their top model to prevent this issue, but stated it was an overkill measure as the issue at hand had only affected such a small percentage of users and was caused by a glitch.
Yes, that's a good point, I remember when they something along those lines, I interacted a bit and complained lol.

I had the dust issue. I still have the OG unit and they also sent me a whole new unit(which I think was the right thing to do and I respect that). Perhaps it impacted only a small number of users. But over time, how many more issues would have popped up? I don't have any way of knowing, but I think there would have been more issues for more people over time and with a bigger volume of units over time. But I definitely have bias since I was impacted by the aluminum dust.

Either way, having both here in front of me right now, I do think the aluminum dust issue seems much less likely with the redesign. But I don't know anything about anything, so take that for what it's worth. I think it was the right thing to do to just redesign a bit and make things better.

checkyourlibido,
Top Bottom