Flower Mill

Texus

Someone got a Mini Black Stainless Steel one on Reddit. I’m going to need one
Now that I think of it, Flower Mill design could get around limitations of traditional grinder designs when making mini version.

In theory. Or maybe I need to think it though more..

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Now that I think of it, Flower Mill design could get around limitations of traditional grinder designs when making mini version.

In theory. Or maybe I need to think it though more..

You nailed it.

This is a large reason why we went small before going large. The Mill's speed and volume makes these things highly capable, instead of the toy they look like to most. We did find the limits of what makes a novelty Mill though (See pic below)

During testing, many (including myself) even noted that the essentially Mini 'replaced' their regular Flower Mill, because even considering it's size it was the size for even quite heavy single-use consumption. Roll a J, pack a bowl, does 2g pretty easily, but I'd recommend using a full size Mill for sustained loads that size. It's something I just leave with certain devices, or in a to-go bag. The difference in weight when travelling with them is pretty significant too.

There's something to be said for the people who only use .5g at a time, and how easily that category of consumption is overlooked. The regular SS Mill does an excellent job fully capturing small loads, but the Mini builds on that by being lighter and more compact. Just feels more like the right tool for the job in my monkey brain.

SS Mini? Probably! Feedback needed.

Full disclosure - if anyone has concerns of anodized aluminum wearing, these Mini's are anodized aluminum and will wear with use. Although know, this is no different from any conventional tooth grinder with aluminum teeth or contact surfaces. In some form, they all wear. Just want to state that clearly since I know some are highly avoidant of such things. The Standards and Mini's have a pre-installed plastic washer in the knob that helps eliminate as much friction as possible.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Mini would be ideal yeah. I'd probably still be a bit grumpy to give money again while with the previous/current product I'm too afraid to use because it look like mine might be susceptible to the dust issue... plus I'm just paranoid about that shit. It was a unique selling point the stainless and it turned out underperforming at least in the eye of the consumer.

That said I'm glad the company is still around and I hope they can grow from this as a business. Because, however the limited my use with the flower mill has been, it did prove its awesomeness, and a grinder in that design is definitely nice to have in the kit. So for sure keeping an eye out on a stainless mini. Would love that so much more if it were 316ss tho :shrug:

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Mini would be ideal yeah. I'd probably still be a bit grumpy to give money again while with the previous/current product I'm too afraid to use because it look like mine might be susceptible to the dust issue... plus I'm just paranoid about that shit. It was a unique selling point the stainless and it turned out underperforming at least in the eye of the consumer.

That said I'm glad the company is still around and I hope they can grow from this as a business. Because, however the limited my use with the flower mill has been, it did prove its awesomeness, and a grinder in that design is definitely nice to have in the kit. So for sure keeping an eye out on a stainless mini. Would love that so much more if it were 316ss tho :shrug:

Too afraid to use your Mill? Have you reached out about warranty parts?

We're doing what most companies in my experience wouldn't dare to spend the time and resources on.

That includes giving money back to unhappy customers. A refund has been on the table for anyone who asked and didn't want to wait for parts, too. I don't want anyone feel stuck or worried.

Always down to talk metallurgy though, and I'm curious what makes 316 a better choice in your mind?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Too afraid to use your Mill? Have you reached out about warranty parts?
Nah I didn't reach out as it's not at all as obvious as the ones I the video but I also don't wanna let it get that far. I will dm you a pic once I have it around.

As for the 304 v 316 allegedly 304 can get the dusting as well. Overall I think 316 just oozes that made for a lifetime type material.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: dimmusp

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Nah I didn't reach out as it's not at all as obvious as the ones I the video but I also don't wanna let it get that far. I will dm you a pic once I have it around.

As for the 304 v 316 allegedly 304 can get the dusting as well. Overall I think 316 just oozes that made for a lifetime type material.
Just reach out, don't make it a big thing. - support@flowermillusa.com

I disagree with your opinion on the SS grade though. If this was the way it was, I'd have voted for 321SS since it has Titanium in it, and that's kinda awesome. There's no lifetime materials 'in-general.'

It's application specific. Bare wood is a lifetime material indoors, but it's not a lifetime material if used in the chassis of my car.

Visually they're identical. The only advantage to 316SS would be it's ability to withstand corrosion if bolted to an salt laden ocean vessel, which is unlikely for 99.9% of all users, yet it would have been something that they all technically paid more for.

304SS is very high-quality, and in most cases is not used because it's overkill. For example: Years ago it was normal for basically all new vehicles to need the exhaust replaced every 5 or so years because they'd rot off, but this isn't really true anymore. Mild steel was super cheap to build exhausts with and maximized profits, but started rusted immediately for the customer. People complained, technology advances (oversimplifying), and manufacturers found ways to make their exhausts out of SS for cheap by doing the bare minimum needed to fend off rusting through and falling off. These are grades like 409SS. They'll get rusty looking, but it doesn't go much past the surface for quite a long time but will still generally have a failure. In this application 304SS would be shiny and new looking, forever.

Do you get what I mean? Feel free to disagree with me, back.

Think I'll wait for the ss mini, then. Cool that these are being made!

It’s handsome. I would get a premium SS one though.

I'd be interested in an SS mini if the price is right :)

Anyone is welcome to chime in here! Would~$80 for a SS Mini Mill, and $20 for the Expansion Pack be reasonable? Obviously everyone would prefer less, but I think it's realistic to expect that range. I doubt we'll produce them in a 4pc.

Also, Announcement!
All Pre-Orders have shipped, and all Warranty Parts have shipped!

Thanks to those who never lost doubt in us.

Let me know if you guys have any issues , or didn't see an email :)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone is welcome to chime in here! Would~$80 for a SS Mini Mill, and $20 for the Expansion Pack be reasonable? Obviously everyone would prefer less, but I think it's realistic to expect that range. I doubt we'll produce them in a 4pc.

That sounds pretty fair to me, with special timely discounts, it could even be below $100 shipped...? I think I would get more use out of a mini myself and would want it in SS (and I would love some blue color too!)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Mini would be very useful for me. I like grinding smaller capacities. However a bit before I read about the issue some users were reporting and noticing some likely marking myself, I began to use my Flower Mill and I really started to like it, it's just so easy to get a nice grind. Felt forced to return to my Herb Ripper Mini because I don't wanna risk the dusting but damn I miss how easy my Mill can turn buds into nicely ground d herb! Mini sounds great and price seems fair. Hopefully shipping won't be spoiling it for your overseas customers.

attackpoints

I also would love a mini size for my backpack, because it's easy to pack. Lately I'm finding that I tend to grind by the bowl, and rarely take advantage of the volume of my flowermill, so likely it'd have a place on my coffee table too.

The dust thing also freaked me out so I tend to only use my mill for extra dry weed, and gently, even though I'm unlikely to be affected. So offering a ss model is great, it'll really provide some piece of mind.

I also think a 4 piece option doesn't seem needed, at least right now. If it's popular enough, why not? Add it to the expansion pack down the road. Weirdly the kief catch is one of my favorite parts if the flowermill but I think I'm in the minority of enjoying 4 pieces.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I received my replacement warranty parts today. When I say parts, I mean basically a brand new grinder, with improvements, and a rotor key too! This thing is fantastic and I’m extremely happy with the mill as well as with the company!

I’d like to publicly thank John and the team for being so responsive and doing exactly what they said they would do. This had to cost them a lot of time and money - it’s obvious they’re in this business for the long haul.

TooHightooFly52

Got mine today too, and the redesign looks really good IMO. Big thanks to @FlowerMillJohn and crew - they've repeatedly exceeded expectations when it comes to customer service and handling design updates.
Mine showed up on Saturday. First of all, love the blue. Second, I seriously love the redesign, it doesn't look like it will wear. As someone with a completely trashed right wrist, ease of turning is what I am after, less strain less pain. This knocks it out of the park.

dimmusp

I really appreciate how open you are asking for feedback and making the community part of the process. 🙂👍
Please take my comments as only meant to help.

Personally, $80 including shipping + tax to Europe would be my absolute max for a 4-piece SS Mini Mill (medium plate, as I probably don't need the expansion pack).

For reference, I am thinking of the €40,50 4-piece SS grinder from Black Leaf (https://blackleaf.de/bl-edelstahl-grinder-4-tlg-430500-1) or the €47,90 one from NVGrinder (https://nvgrinder.com/collections/stainless-steel/products/stainless-steel-grinder-4-piece) which I bought 2 years ago for just €34,90.

Paying 2x or more for a 3-piece SS Mini Mill after factoring in shipping + tax would be very hard to swallow.

Thanks

checkyourlibido

Are there any current discount codes?

Is there an FC discount code?
I was wrong and I can't delete this, check the post below this, and sorry for wasting your time. Feel free to proceed without reading any more of this. Because it would probably be a waste of your time. Time that might be better spent elsewhere. So once again, big apologies. Feel free to delete my post if you are a mod. Thank you for your service. God bless America and everybody else.

Last edited:
checkyourlibido,
Top Bottom