• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm not sure what you mean by on-the-go, but the FV is a rather large and heavy unit. It's not something you slip into your pocket (unless you want your pants to fall down).

If you get one, be sure to get the spacer. The FV requires careful technique to avoid combustion, since it is insanely powerful. The spacer moderates that. Speaking of which, I wonder what the glass beads do for vaping dry herbs. More research is needed! :science:
It’s been a heat wave and winter never came?
Tomorrow I will be pool side and concentrate city I’m my FLASH.

@basement farmer I like the size?
I read most with it

basement farmer

My face is melting...
It’s been a heat wave and winter never came?
Tomorrow I will be pool side and concentrate city I’m my FLASH.

@basement farmer I like the size?
I read most with it
I

I am actually looking forward to have something bigger to use in the field than my M. The FV looks like it will be easy enough to handle even with gloves on. The M that I use is great......but extremely diminutive (it will remain in my pack tho)

Trigger has been pulled. I purchased it thru Vgoodiez should be here with the week.

Reeeallly looking forward to this.

basement farmer,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I

I am actually looking forward to have something bigger to use in the field than my M. The FV looks like it will be easy enough to handle even with gloves on. The M that I use is great......but extremely diminutive (it will remain in my pack tho)

Trigger has been pulled. I purchased it thru Vgoodiez should be here with the week.

I use a “M” for one hit.
The flash is for medication!

ataxian,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I dont know if this is old news but there is wall plugin adapter avaiable also a waterpipe adapter :)
FV-WPA-Parts-500x400-400x320.jpg
FV-WPA-All-3-GonG-Attachment-600x600.jpg
Flashvape_FVPA_silver.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I

I have a jar full of CANNABIS COLAS I have not the slightest ideal what is in this jar of KIEF & COLAS HOWEVER is might medicate well?
The FLASH will be a well received device of medical miracle!

I want to plant some seed’s today?
Outside because the ELECTRIC bill is too much!

The PALE BLUE DOT we all live on will have to do!

ataxian,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Shit Snacks,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Unfortunately I've still never tried one of these, but perhaps one of you would like to create a new thread for the FlashVape here (linking to this old one at the top)
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?forums/upcoming-unreleased-portables.33/
Then mods can move it to the main section and close this one... I'm not active enough in this thread, otherwise I would do it myself!

@FlashVAPE has joined NewFC so I'm giving him a chance to start the thread himself.

Concerned Mother

I’m concidering buying a FV but am concerned about the copper that’s supposed to sit right by the heater mesh. I do not want a vaporizer with copper in the air path, touching the heater or anywhere else where it might get heated. I’m already ill and not interested in vapes with toxic materials in them which is in part why the FV caught my eye but after finding out that it has copper bits it seems as I may have to look elsewhere. So my question is if the FV lives up to my requirements or if I should pass on it.

Also, my plan is to use it with traditional hash/resin and am wondering if the stock batteries will be powerful enough for hash and how many puffs I should expect to get out of a charged battery in the summer vs in cold winter temperatures? How many bits of hash should I expect to be able to vaporize with a charged battery? I’ve read that one can expect to vape 2-3 bowls of herb and hash needs higher temperatures and more heating cycles so I am hesitant. I am also ona budget and not too keen on spending more money on more powerful batteries but guess that I would concider it if I find a vaporizer that’s worth it.

How long does one need to charge the batteries with the stock charger?

How often does one need to replace the screens with small amounts (ca 0.1) of hash stirred/smudged around? What about the heater screen?

I’m guessing that the aluminum, glass, and ceramic construction gets really cold during winter time so should I expect a lot of condensed vapor/resin in it during winter time use?

What’s the second hand value of a lightly used FV should I decide that it isn’t for me?

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I’m concidering buying a FV but am concerned about the copper that’s supposed to sit right by the heater mesh. I do not want a vaporizer with copper in the air path, touching the heater or anywhere else where it might get heated. I’m already ill and not interested in vapes with toxic materials in them which is in part why the FV caught my eye but after finding out that it has copper bits it seems as I may have to look elsewhere. So my question is if the FV lives up to my requirements or if I should pass on it.

Also, my plan is to use it with traditional hash/resin and am wondering if the stock batteries will be powerful enough for hash and how many puffs I should expect to get out of a charged battery in the summer vs in cold winter temperatures.

How often does one need to replace the screens with small amounts (ca 0.1) of hash stirred/smudged around? What about the heater screen?

I’m guessing that the aluminum, glass, and ceramic construction gets really cold during winter time so should I expect a lot of condensed vapor/resin in it during winter time use?
I don’t believe the copper is a factor or in the air path of the vapor consumption?
Vaporizing is the way!

ataxian,

Concerned Mother

If I’ve understood correctly the heater screen sits right by a couple of copper rods. Have I misunderstood? How are the copper rods isolated from the heat and air path? Are’nt they touching the heater screen and supplying electricity to it along the length of them?

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,

hoptimum

If I’ve understood correctly the heater screen sits right by a couple of copper rods. Have I misunderstood? How are the copper rods isolated from the heat and air path? Are’nt they touching the heater screen and supplying electricity to it along the length of them?
I think there are better options than the Flash Vape.

I found it clunky and hard to use, and the battery to be weak.

hoptimum,
Reactions: 364F

Concerned Mother

That’s my expectation but it seems as an alright option for when I’ve got a backpack or winter coat with big pockets. I’m a bit worried about having to carry a couple to several 18650 though, as they’re quite big and heavy just as the FV itself. I have a MFLB and am aware of how the heating technique goes thru batteries. It does (claim to) have a clean air path which is the most important to me, and have hash friendly conduction as well as on demand hits which is perfect as I’m mainly into microdosing. And I might be able to get a as new unit for 40€.

Which ones would you recommend? I’m concidering replacing my broken vaponic and Eagle Bills shake n vape. As far as I can tell the SnV is basically an almost all glass easily pocketable FV without the batteries if used with a lid. I loved my SnV so I was very excited when I saw the FV for sale, and first learned about the FV. It’s just too bad that the newer SnV seems to have a bigger bowl than the old ones which where perfect for me.

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Also, my plan is to use it with traditional hash/resin and am wondering if the stock batteries will be powerful enough for hash and how many puffs I should expect to get out of a charged battery in the summer vs in cold winter temperatures? How many bits of hash should I expect to be able to vaporize with a charged battery? I’ve read that one can expect to vape 2-3 bowls of herb and hash needs higher temperatures and more heating cycles so I am hesitant. I am also ona budget and not too keen on spending more money on more powerful batteries but guess that I would concider it if I find a vaporizer that’s worth it.

What’s the second hand value of a lightly used FV should I decide that it isn’t for me?

You are correct, the heater screen does rest on two copper rods. I would point out that the MFLB also uses copper in a similar fashion, so if you are okay with that then you should be okay with the FV.

Traditional pressed hash like Afghani Black or Nepalese Temple does not vaporize well because it is so concentrated. You can do it but it requires a lot more battery power in the case of the FV. Bubble hash, on the other hand, is quite pure and leaves no residue. The FV can do a decent job with it using not much more power than it needs for herbs. The same applies to resins.

The FV normally uses a two screen system, so any material rests on the removeable screen. This means cleaning is simple. You can use it in conduction mode (the removeable screen sits directly on the heater screen) or convection mode (the removeable screen sits on a ceramic spacer). In either case, if you use herb then it will not need much cleaning. Hash of either type will also not require much cleaning.

The FV also does concentrates such as hash oil or resin, which is what I've been using mine for because I like the job it does. You can clean the screen by soaking it in ISO for a few minutes, or simply burn it clean with a torch lighter; however, I haven't needed to do this much. FV also sells a glass bead system that delivers a slow prolonged concentrated smooth delightfully tasty hit, but because you have to bring the beads up to heat it uses a lot more battery power. You can also put your concentrate or hash directly on the heater screen. Suprisingly, this doesn't clog up the screen nearly as much as you'd expect. I've done this a lot and the heater screen is still relatively unclogged.

Because the FV is so powerful, it requires a delicate touch on the button and takes a bit of experience to avoid overheating and combustion, particularly with herb. It's been a long time since I did an analysis of the battery life but in general I'd say that it is better than you've described.

Having said all that, I don't think the FV is the solution for you. It's quite heavy and definitely not a pocket vape. I'm not aware of any portable that does traditional hash well, although I don't claim to be well informed about the latest devices. If I wanted something like you want then I'd look into the Dynavap. You can ignore the click and heat as long as you like. In fact, I think I'll experiment with that right now. BRB.

<time passes>

Okay, I used two tiny chunks of Afghani Black. As you would expect, heating it just to the click is ineffective, you have to keep going. The trick is judging when the cap is heated enough to produce vapour without reaching combustion. I waited until I saw wisps of vapour appear, which is simple for me since I have an original glass Dynavap. This took another 20-30 seconds after hearing the click. I thought (based on the flavour) that I'd reached combustion on one attempt, but examination of the hash convinced me otherwise. Overall, this worked at least as well as any other vapourizer I've tried for hash and better than most.

Hope this helps.

Concerned Mother

Thank you for your informative post Pakalolo. I was’nt aware that the MFLB uses copper and in fact have read that it does’nt. I will stop using it at once. Thank you for informing me about it. I had actually bought a second one to use with hash but the postal service lost it as it was on it’s way to me. I will pass on the FV due to this and have also read that the dynavaps are’nt well suited for hash. I am also steering clear of dynavap for other reasons. Vaponic does hash really well but now I need to research the silicone/rubber(?) that it uses lol.

I wish that the producers would update the materials in their vaporizers from years back. Whilst rearching hash-able vaporizers I’ve had to pass on the FV, the vapman due to copper and brass and now the MFLB. I passed up on a firefly 2 for 50€ due to chinese solder by the heater/in the air path and I think that there was one or two more as well. I’ve also passed on the aromed due to teflon as well as giving up on another one that I own which I believe might have teflon in it. I have also stopped using my arizer EQ and air due to unclean air paths. This has begun to be tedious.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thank you for your informative post Pakalolo. I was’nt aware that the MFLB uses copper and in fact have read that it does’nt. I will stop using it at once. Thank you for informing me about it. I had actually bought a second one to use with hash but the postal service lost it as it was on it’s way to me. I will pass on the FV due to this and have also read that the dynavaps are’nt well suited for hash. I am also steering clear of dynavap for other reasons. Vaponic does hash really well but now I need to research the silicone/rubber(?) that it uses lol.

I wish that the producers would update the materials in their vaporizers from years back. Whilst rearching hash-able vaporizers I’ve had to pass on the FV, the vapman due to copper and brass and now the MFLB. I passed up on a firefly 2 for 50€ due to chinese solder by the heater/in the air path and I think that there was one or two more as well. I’ve also passed on the aromed due to teflon as well as giving up on another one that I own which I believe might have teflon in it. I have also stopped using my arizer EQ and air due to unclean air paths. This has begun to be tedious.

I would ask MagicFlight directly what they are using. In the early days, they used copper-plated steel for the contact rods, but this might have changed over the years. All of my Launch Boxes are quite old.

pakalolo,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Concerned Mother I suggest you take a look into the vaponic. Vapman has brass but it is GOLD plated,so it is pretty safe. Maybe also check the MUSA vaporizer ;) .Vapolution will also be a decent choice if you can find any left in stock.

Abysmal Vapor,

Concerned Mother

I’ve had a vaponic and absolutely loved it but was careless one day and unfortunately dropped it. So now I am currently looking at ordering either a vaponic or a dynavap, which I’ve been avoiding but think it may be time to finally actually try out. If there was a more presentable version of the mistvape vaponic heater which would’nt look so suspicious in public it’d probably be my portable end game at the moment, if the silicone in the vaponic lives up to my standards which I still need to research.

I have both a volcano and a SSV so I’m pretty much set as far as home use goes even though they’re not cutting edge or the hardest hitting. My main concern is a safe air path and materials so the next, and final step as I see it, is an all glass unit. A glass symphony or a vriptech wand with the smaller herborizer/roor bubbler is my end game vape at the moment.

The copper in the vapman is gold plated but I’m not taking any chances and don’t want toxic materials in my vapes air path at all. Definately not copper that’s going to be torched! If there was a version of the vapman basic where the copper and brass bits where replaced with quality stainless steel I’d be all over it.

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,
Top Bottom