First Vaporizer: which according to my preferences? & some question.

Kins

So you are trying to explain to me that the device I favor and use the most is just a hype? How do you even know? Apparently you don't even know how to use a DV properly (which, again, is okay).

Please, contemplate your input here. We all like to share our experiences, good or bad, but don't explain to others that their joy about something is just a hype. Doesn't help anyone.

Hype is just "
n.
Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion.". Yes I will end the conversation here as I agree. Sorry didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Scuba Steve Tokes

Tabris watch this

I recommend a DynaVap because:
Tastes great
Easy to master—If you can ride a bike you can get great hits with a DynaVap
Metal and o-rings are hard to break
Easy to clean
Nice relaxing ritual
Huge clouds or small ones depending on technique
can be used native or with fun attachments—I like to use it with a jhook, through a water pipe, or through a water pipe and whip. Pics will not upload sorry :(

The only thing that you might not like is the airflow is restricted if you cover the hole and to make thick vapor you need to cover the hole. If you puff on it like a cigar using your mouth to pull vapor then inhaling it into your lungs you will get the best results.

A Sticky Brick Junior would also be perfect because you can hit it and walk away or do the whole session at once. Flavor is great, huge hits, if you don’t break it it will last forever. Sticky Bricks have a harder learning curve and are harder to clean. If you share the vape with friends this might be hard for them to learn without combusting. Can you buy some cheap cbd for them to try on first so they don’t burn your weed?
Watch this if interested in Sticky Brick Junior

The vapman would also be good but hard to share because you would have to operate it for your friends and it doesn’t hold very much.

Dynavap is something every serious vaper should own.

DynaVap is so well loved because it is efficient with your weed, practically indestructible, easy to clean, and makes the potent tasty vapor :nod:

edit: if you are truly to only have one vape the DynaVap is a fine choice. before you order any vape tell us which one. People will tell you what cheap extras you will need to keep the vape going for years. Order them with the vape to save €.

Last edited:

Tabris

Ouroboros
@gordontreeman my avatar is Kaworu Nagisa (my nickname too) but I enjoyed it anyway 😝

@Scuba Steve Tokes thank you very much!

At the moment the cheapest vapcaps I have found are the 2019 M Phantom at € 68 (yes, it was at €58 until a few days ago... 🤬) and the 2020 M at €65.
For the choice between these or other models I trust your suggestion.

Regarding the Sticky Brick, it seems really intriguing to me, but I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of inhaling the flame or even holding it in that position, especially thinking about certain situations and places.

However, sharing is not a problem, I am a lone wolf and jealous of my toys 🐺

@sunyata I was surprised that only one user recommended it to me.

@all regarding the learning curve, for any device, I don’t consider it a penalty. I enjoy the idea of having to learn, because it makes everything more of a passion than a vice.

It only becomes a problem if there’s a requirement to have a background as a cigarette smoker, because I have never been. And I haven't smoked so many joints that I have a great smoker technique.

Texus

@gordontreeman my avatar is Kaworu Nagisa (my nickname too) but I enjoyed it anyway 😝

@Scuba Steve Tokes thank you very much!

At the moment the cheapest vapcaps I have found are the 2019 M Phantom at € 68 (yes, it was at €58 until a few days ago... 🤬) and the 2020 M at €65.
You might be able to get a good pre-order deal on the 2021M that is coming out very shortly. Think the presale starts tomorrow.

Texus,

Scuba Steve Tokes

This video shows the differences

I am also a bit of a one man Wolfpack Tabris, I’m glad I can help!

2020M has the 2 air ports so you can cover 1 or alternate between one and 2 covered. It is designed to fit better in a 10mm joint than earlier models. 2020M has an adjustable bowl so you can use just a tiny bit. I have found it hard to adjust the screen and get it to stay in the smaller position so I just use it at full size. It also has a captive cap which stays on better I guess but I haven’t heard anyone complain about the old cap.

If you don’t care about the air ports or want to save money the other one will work but I think it is worth it for the 2 air ports and fitting in a 10mm. Really fun to use with glass.

I also like the idea of saving up for a premium vape powered by an 18650, like a TinyMight or a Firewood 7. Or getting a DynaVap and a long lasting 18650 powered or desktop for home use. Arizer Air 2 is $150 ~€127 now and will be cheaper with 420 deals. The Arizer desktops are also a good value and long lasting. I don’t know how well the session style vapes would do with hash though.

Attachments

• 804AAAB8-B807-4F0A-8FCC-88BEC11595DB.jpeg
    804AAAB8-B807-4F0A-8FCC-88BEC11595DB.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I would buy the 2019 without hesitation, but that's me. I like the 2020 too, but not as much.

@sunyata I was surprised that only one user recommended it to me.
I think this may be due to the fact that is a 510 based vape. Exluding the Splinter/Splinter Z, they are not as popular as other convection based units.

Edit: spelling

Tabris

Ouroboros
@Texus I have a list of European online stores that I check daily, waiting for some special promotion.
I’d also like to wait for this famous 420.

@Scuba Steve Tokes thank you again!
So far the 2019 model has been recommended to me more than the 2020, even for the lowest price. Now that I'm finding them at the same price I don't know, but if I understand correctly for many users the transition to 2020 was a sort of downgrade.
For airports I have no preferences because... I have no experience.

Speaking of experience, in my life I have only used hookahs, wooden pipes and joints, so I should take specifically any other glass accessories.

Due to the budget I can only afford one device. I don't know in the future... The TM is too expensive, the Firewood 7 I have not been able to find for sale in Europe. I'm not sure the Arizer meets my needs, including portability.
Having to evaluate a single purchase, I must necessarily consider portability.

@Franco Now I want to see what happens on 4/20 🤯

Funny things:
- I have decided not to consume my weed until I’ve the vaporizer... It’s already a very stressful time, I am eating my hands and I can’t wait to reach a decision! 😵
- I come from online gaming and there "OP" means OverPowered. When I read your OP, it took me a while to understand that you were talking about me 🤪

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Considering the last price drop that took place on dynavap website, I don't blame you for a second.
But this means you'll have to wait +/- a month to consume.:uhoh:
How low did they go?

sunyata,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
How low did they go?
I've just checked and now the prices are the same as before... :hmm:
I'm 100% sure this morning everything (but the new models) was discounted. I think BBs were on sale fo $56, Omnis for $ 144 and so on.

Franco,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Hi Tabris,
I think dynavap or vapman are both good options for hiking and enjoying nature.
I use both but more and more I would choose the vapman over the dynavap. I prefer the feel and taste of the vapman. Thats just my personal preference. I can understand why dynavap is so popular. It's also a great vape.
Choose either of those two and you'll be very happy.

I got my Omni with that exact thinking in mind, but while certainly powerful, I had trouble using it outdoors. Even with a triple flame using it in windy weather can be challenging. You will get a hit for sure, but with the wind blowing the flame around you'll never reach that nice flavorful hit that you can get with a single torch and proper heating.

vaporoufixtras,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Texus I have a list of European online stores that I check daily, waiting for some special promotion.
I’d also like to wait for this famous 420.

@Scuba Steve Tokes thank you again!
So far the 2019 model has been recommended to me more than the 2020, even for the lowest price. Now that I'm finding them at the same price I don't know, but if I understand correctly for many users the transition to 2020 was a sort of downgrade.
For airports I have no preferences because... I have no experience.

Speaking of experience, in my life I have only used hookahs, wooden pipes and joints, so I should take specifically any other glass accessories.

Due to the budget I can only afford one device. I don't know in the future... The TM is too expensive, the Firewood 7 I have not been able to find for sale in Europe. I'm not sure the Arizer meets my needs, including portability.
Having to evaluate a single purchase, I must necessarily consider portability.

@Franco Now I want to see what happens on 4/20 🤯

Funny things:
- I have decided not to consume my weed until I’ve the vaporizer... It’s already a very stressful time, I am eating my hands and I can’t wait to reach a decision! 😵
- I come from online gaming and there "OP" means OverPowered. When I read your OP, it took me a while to understand that you were talking about me 🤪
I read this glowing testimonial in the Tinymight thread and thought of you because this dude also jumped right to the TM from combustion:

You won't find any 420 sales for these snobby vapes that are only sold directly. The FW7 is open for pre-order right now but won't ship until mid-May.

Dynavap typically does have a modest 420 sale of maybe 20%. With all the comments you've made about budget constraints I wanted to recommend that you *not consider splurging for an Omnivap if you do decide to only get a vapcap here in the next month. Just a vapcap M is a fine introduction to the quirks of the vapcap world. The tight draw resistance likely won't appeal to you, and the flavor potential is fairly low, but you can learn to get big hits from it and it will make your weed last longer than smoking joints for sure.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
With all the comments you've made about budget constraints I wanted to recommend that you *not consider splurging for an Omnivap if you do decide to only get a vapcap here in the next month. Just a vapcap M is a fine introduction to the quirks of the vapcap world. The tight draw resistance likely won't appeal to you, and the flavor potential is fairly low, but you can learn to get big hits from it and it will make your weed last longer than smoking joints for sure.
This is definitely true, even DynaVap themselves say it I think. The Omni is for those who want to splurge. Yes the extra length is nice (for the OmniVap XL) and the adjustable bowl size is neat (if a little finicky) but it definitely doesn't justify 2.x times the price.
You can get a Ti tip separately if you think you can fit it in your budget, or upgrade later.

My :2c: as an Omni user of some years.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@LSDzhd the release + fomo have me a little tempted by the new Omni (or the old model if I see a good deal—passed at $129 today and it promptly sold out). Do you think it’s noticeably cooler than an m with a ti tip or the older non-xl vong (I believe that’s most comparable—my woodscents included a vong with a custom stem, ti condenser, ti tip, and I think the rest of what was in the vong)? I don’t really think I “need” it, but is tempting to have my no compromises rugged portable 🤷‍♂️

gordontreeman,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
@LSDzhd the release + fomo have me a little tempted by the new Omni (or the old model if I see a good deal—passed at $129 today and it promptly sold out). Do you think it’s noticeably cooler than an m with a ti tip or the older non-xl vong (I believe that’s most comparable—my woodscents included a vong with a custom stem, ti condenser, ti tip, and I think the rest of what was in the vong)? I don’t really think I “need” it, but is tempting to have my no compromises rugged portable 🤷‍♂️
I've only used my Omni XL, but the all Ti body and extra length (if you go for the XL) does help.

vaporoufixtras,

Texus

Love that Dynavap and it seems Planet of the Vapes is throwing in a 2020M for free with purchase of any of the 3 2021 models. Dig their committment to spreading the love.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@gordontreeman – I personally don't think the Omni creates cooler vapor than other models, but the handling is indeed nicer because the device itself won't get hot. Back to backing and M can be tricky, while the Omni (and the Omni XL even more) itself stays cool.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
@gordontreeman – I personally don't think the Omni creates cooler vapor than other models, but the handling is indeed nicer because the device itself won't get hot. Back to backing and M can be tricky, while the Omni (and the Omni XL even more) itself stays cool.
That's true, the device (except the tip of course) stays cool and I'm guessing that also helps with preventing the vapor/air from getting unnecessarily hot.

vaporoufixtras,

Tabris

Ouroboros
@bossman
thanks for the thought
Beautiful testimony, I certainly envy him.
As I said, the budget doesn’t allow me to consider the TM, but I must admit that after reading the topic and the problems of certain users (missing pieces, malfunctions) I don't know if, even having the money, I would have felt like taking a risk.
I can only hope that, by now until I can afford a TM, those problems will disappear (especially the missing pieces... I find it absurd in a €250 product).

As for the Omni you have already convinced me not to take it.
If I choose a dynavap it will be an M 2019 or 2020 with TI tip.

But after 5 pages of topic (record for a “first vaporizer” topic?) I still think about models that I had discarded...
Pfffffffffffff.

Anyway, no later than 4/20 I will have placed the order.
Even at random!

P. s.
Has anyone ever bought from Medvape? They don't reply to my emails...

west-elec

But after 5 pages of topic (record for a “first vaporizer” topic?) I still think about models that I had discarded...
Pfffffffffffff.

Anyway, no later than 4/20 I will have placed the order.
Even at random!

P. s.
Has anyone ever bought from Medvape? They don't reply to my emails...
That's classic, so many suggestions.
I would hate to have to make your decision...good time to be coming into the game to be spoilt for choice.
Put your final options in a hat and decision made, love it 🤪

Tabris

Ouroboros
@west-elec good idea!
But I don't have a hat...
Which one should I use?
A cylinder has more space but is more delicate...
A baseball cap? It's more practical but I don't like the style...
Can you give me an advice?
Wait for me to tell you how much I can spend and what my needs are...

I’m becoming crazy 😵

Top Bottom