First Vaporizer: which according to my preferences? & some question.

Tabris

Ouroboros
Hi! Thanks for your forum, I’m learning a lot.
First of all, sorry for my bad english, be patient.
I’ll give you some info about me to help you to... Help me :p

- I love the flavor of weed;
- I like shisha, so I love to make dense, white clouds as a drake;
- I smoked pipes for some year so I love rituals, feeling tactile, portability;
- I hate the feeling of hot smoke in my chest;
- I’d use it 2 days a week;
- I would like the ability to use small amounts of material;
- I love long, deep hits with long (minutes, I mean) breaks from each other.

I have 0 experiences about vapo world. Thanks to your forum I targeted Dynavap or Vapman, but I’m open to your suggestions.
But, if possible, avoid abbreviations about vapo stuff because I cant understand them.

Oh, I have some question about Dynavap, is it better this section or the Dynavap topic?

Thank you all!

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
I have some question about Dynavap, is it better this section or the Dynavap topic?

Thank you all!
The Dynavap topic would get you answers faster.

Are you interested in a desktop vaporizer, or are you looking for a portable vaporizer?

I would also recommend you take a look at Sticky Brick, TinyMight, Tafee Bowlé for portables with amazing flavor and strong effects from your herb. As for a desktop style, I have never lived a vape so much as my Art of Vapor Vapbong.

Too bad the Lotus was recently discontinued. That is a great one for you too. It's very similar to the vapman I guess.

Tabris

Ouroboros
Are you interested in a desktop vaporizer, or are you looking for a portable vaporizer?
Portable! I love hiking and sharing my highness with the Nature :p

According to my list of preferences, which is the best of your list of options?
Preferably under 200€!

Thank you.

Tabris,

Bolano

Hi Tabris,
I think dynavap or vapman are both good options for hiking and enjoying nature.
I use both but more and more I would choose the vapman over the dynavap. I prefer the feel and taste of the vapman. Thats just my personal preference. I can understand why dynavap is so popular. It's also a great vape.
Choose either of those two and you'll be very happy.

Tabris

Ouroboros
I prefer the feel and taste of the vapman. Thats just my personal preference.
I have less Infos about it and the comparison with dyna.
Can you compare the two devices about
- minimum amount of material needed
- steam density
- cleaning
- time spent heating up
?

Thank you!

Tabris,

Bolano

The vapman needs less herb than the dynavap and is more efficient.
You don't get massive clouds from either but you get more from the dynavap.
For cleaning, the bowl where the herb sits is accessible in the vapman so you can see any residue. That doesn't mean it needs to be cleaned more than the dynavap, just that you can see the build up of residue over time.

Heating times are similar for both. The click on the dynavap is great but after a few sessions with the vapman you can find your own preferences.

darbarikanada

I don't own one, but based on what you wrote, you should consider a tafee bowle (except that it's more expensive than you want). big, tasty hits, and portable (you can leave the cup at home if you're out and about). the battery life could be a limitation, but not if you only vape 2x/week.

I like this guy's reviews: https://420vapezone.com/tafee-bowle-the-cannabis-vape-cup/

the vapcap appeals to people who like ritual and torches - and don't mind the learning curve. I have one, but hardly ever use it. getting good-tasting hits from it is still hit or miss, even after owning it for years.

BestBuds

The Dude
Portable! I love hiking and sharing my highness with the Nature :p

According to my list of preferences, which is the best of your list of options?
Preferably under 200€!

Thank you.
Honestly if you want the best experience with the least amount of learning and hassle I would buy a Tafee Bowlé or a TinyMight.
If you don't like those I doubt you would find a convection vaporizer you will like at all.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I agree with @BestBuds recommendation of tinymight or Tafée Bowle, these devices deliver tasty smooth vapour or massive clouds, feel free to take your pick of either but I will say massive clouds are a massive waste because your body can only absorb so much of the goodness of the cannabis at once, meaning most of that cloud you exhale is wasted potential. Temperature stepping your way through a load is a great way to get as much of the goodness as possible or if you need higher temperature effects you can take smaller hits. Both the tinymight and Bowle can throw out huge clouds or Abely temperature stepping are what they do best not to mention all the stuff you can buy for your vape..... at least the tinymight the Bowle does have many options currently but it is a brand new vape company. AD76B6BD-A8D7-47D6-93C4-86F86905B8BB.jpeg

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
If you can find a 2019 Dynavap M on sale, that would be a cheap, reliable, easy clean way for you to get into the vape world. You need to be willing/able to use a butane torch or if you have some extra cash you could get an induction heater.

Dynavaps have a learning curve for sure. I can get tasty hits, lung filling rips or anything inbetween no problem. :spliff:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
For what it’s worth while I’m sure things like the Bowle or TM are fantastic and dead simple, I didn’t find the Dynavap learning curve difficult at all. I watched
(they have a beginner tips vid as well, but this didn’t look complicated to me and I wanted the control of a single flame so I skipped a triple torch) and was getting great hits on my very first use of a Dynavap maybe a month ago. Heating the tip gives wispy but low temp flavorful hits, and then I just move progressively down the cap in thirds when a section stops producing visible clouds. Going to the base earlier seems like a massive cloud to me—I can’t do it in one go 😂—but massive is pretty subjective, so I guess ymmv.

Tabris

Ouroboros
If you can find a 2019 Dynavap M on sale
Why just the 2019? I saw that at the same price of the 2020 version just these days. Do you suggest It for some technical reason?
Isn’t it better to wait for some 2021 review?

About TinyMight and Bowle, first I should find some affidable eu-store with them in stock.
in what is each one better than the other?
Do they consume same or more material than dynavap?
Anyway, the shop (over200€) can be a big problem for me.

Anyway I have no problem with learning-curve, I can find it funny (or frustrating, depends how much material I’ve toasted 🤬).

Thank you all very much 🙏

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Why just the 2019? I saw that at the same price of the 2020 version just these days. Do you suggest It for some technical reason?
Isn’t it better to wait for some 2021 review?

About TinyMight and Bowle, first I should find some affidable eu-store with them in stock.
in what is each one better than the other?
Do they consume same or more material than dynavap?
Anyway, the shop (over200€) can be a big problem for me.

Anyway I have no problem with learning-curve, I can find it funny (or frustrating, depends how much material I’ve toasted 🤬).

Thank you all very much 🙏
Tinymight pretty much has to be ordered directly, there is a European specific site I think. The Bowle is available at a German store @cliffhanger1 knows which, also vapefiend in U.K. They are both excellent but expensive units

For a more budget friendly experience a Dynavap is hard to beat. The m is a good entry vape but I would consider getting a titanium tip and cheap glass stem for a little better experience flavour wise. Dynavap is pretty readily available across Europe from my understanding. Start with a torch and if you love the vape look into a induction heater and there are European options there to. Or there's the Woodscents desktop vape that works with the Dynavap. I think the 19 m recommendation was for price and reliability, there was some variation between 2020 tips and some people had issues while others were fine and I'm speaking of experienced Dynavap owners. The only learning curve Dynavap has is cloud chasing past the click and once you find the line in the sand and know exactly how far to push it it's very reliable and you can get monster clouds.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Dynavap 2019m would definitely be a great option. If you really want to maximise flavour and ritual, see if you can find a lotus, they just went out of business recently so you may be able to pick one up still. Vapman is also a good choice for ritual, or if you like more capacity for material the dreamwood roasty. Probably one of my faves for ritual actually, also super dense. But more conduction flavour than eg lotus. Also consider a flip brick with a mouthpiece (there's one sold in headshops in Europe called the budgie which is perfect, and you can also get it for like 15€ on dhgate. Probably the best for dense and hard hits, but still not toooo far off the flavour profile of the lotus (just get proper good butane)

Tabris

Ouroboros
On the paper I think TinyMight could be the best option for me, but... It’s over-budget.
And, I have to admit it, I think about the value of 250€ for 2days a week

The dynavap is cheap and would allow me to personalize it over time, bringing it closer and closer to my preferences.
Maybe I’m wrong... But it would be a cheap error 😅

So I will post my questions about it on its topic.

Anyway, if someone wants to add something, do it!
I wait for first reviews of the 2021 M so I have time before my shop.

Thank you all again, very useful replies.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@Tabris any dynavap will be good, the main reason i mentioned the 2019 M is usually you can get them a bit cheaper. If you have the money for a 2021 don't worry about waiting for the reviews, just buy one. I know im going to. :)

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'd recommend the Tinymight over the vapcap, minivap or TafeeBowle for the uses you described.

The TafeeBowle is shaped like a cup holder and not pocket friendly. It also only has four temperature settings.

The vapcap gets recommended a lot because it's so affordable and the joint shape is familiar. In use it's not as impressive as the Tinymight. You have to reheat the vapcap with a torch for every hit and if you forget to wait for the cool down click or go too long past the heat up click you'll combust. To get a really big hit you need to use a cigarette draw technique and repeatedly toke on it due to the tight draw resistance. It's also not a good option to enjoy flavor because it's a conduction vape. If/when you do get one you can use it with an induction heater to skip the torch hassle.

The Tinymight is around €230 shipped and offers great flavor, precision, consistency and portability. The only hassles are 1) charging and caring for the high drain 18650 li-ion cells it uses, and 2) cleaning the stainless steel cooling unit in the mouthpiece. I use mine at home and pair it with a dimpled j-hook for better flavor.
PXL_20210225_205115763~2.jpg

Tabris

Ouroboros
I'd recommend the Tinymight over the vapcap, minivap or TafeeBowle for the uses you described.
Yup, I think the same as I wrote some reply ago.
On the paper it seems the best answer to my preferences.
It’s sad to say but I cant spend that amount in one shot. And if it proves a bad purchase I will have smoked good steam & my money 🥲
Dyna allows me to proceed step by step, shopping on the way some plus.
For sure, with more money and more experience (I have 0) I’d buy surely TM.

But I repeat: maybe I’m wrong.

And I have time (impatience permitting), I could change idea.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think for whatever it’s worth @Tabris the notion that the DynaVap isn’t as impressive in use as the tinymight depends to some extent on how you want to use it. For sure if you want a portable to use discreetly in public the TM wins (at least against a torch). Out hiking and such in relative isolation as you described it won’t really matter, unless you just loath using a torch.

I can’t comment on the TM’s vapor quality, but relative to my Woodscents (a well regarded desktop log vaporizer) it compares well. The log does a better job of letting me temp step more and enjoy more of the lower temp hits that I enjoy, but I still get some of that in the first and second third of the dynavap. The last third of the dynavap starts to give off the burnt popcorn taste that most people here associate with going too far, but I get that if I want to eke every last bit of vapor from the bud with my log, too.

I guess as a fellow new vaporizer where I land is now that I have the Woodscents I wouldn’t really want to give it up, but as a newbie if I had just bought a dynavap I would have been plenty satisfied (and saved a lot of money).

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Torches are hard to see outside but lots of people use vapcaps outside with success so as a budget option it's fine and very efficient. A rewarding ritual is definitely part of the vapcap experience but it takes some effort and adaptation.

A regulated on demand convection beast like the Tinymight is a different animal. The little dial works well with easy, consistent results for low temp terps or more rapid extraction. And you can just press the button, wait for it to buzz in three to five seconds, and take any size/length hit you like. You could probably get by with just the included battery since you'll only use it occasionally.

Top Bottom