First Vaporizer: which according to my preferences? & some question.

Texus

I think you should avoid the dynvavap. That thing is big pain in the ass. I had ordered one tried it and had a ton of problems. I ended up shipping it back. I was able to get a few good hits with a little torch but not often. It takes a lot of technique to learn to use it properly. Also it has so many upgrades it can be overwhelming to some people. An induction heater with it, it will take away the need to learn a new technique. The Dynavap itself will cost at least $75 not including shipping. The induction heater will be at least $100.

If you don't want to deal with all that you should get a Tinymight. They are very easy to use and don't require purchasing another product just to heat it up.
I'm going to strongly disagree here. I'm of the opinion that a Dynavap is something every serious vaper should own. Even without going down the rabbit hole of accessories, stock Dynavaps are fabulous and versatile since you have so much control over the heating process, whether via torch or IH. Yes there is a learning curve, but between watching Dynavap's videos demonstrating proper technique (including one specifically for single flame torches) and practice, it quickly becomes easy and intuitive. IHs are even easier IME.

Speaking of induction heaters (IH), it also should be noted that the starting point for IH is far less than $100. About half that in fact. There is the SJK (and numerous rebadges of it) easuly found on Amazon as a Dental Wax Induction heater. And then FC's own @Pipes has devices that start at $80, but also has kits if you are handy enough to build your own.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
There is just way too much hype here at the forum regarding Dynavap. It's just a glorified one hitter. These are basically the same thing for smokers. However they are not $75 and up each.

None of this is true except that the cheap little wooden combustion one hitters from RYOT are indeed cheap. Vapcaps are vaporizers and good at what they do; no need to troll that brand or its advocates to steer the OP in another direction

Kins

None of this is true except that the cheap little wooden combustion one hitters from RYOT are indeed cheap. Vapcaps are vaporizers and good at what they do; no need to troll that brand or its advocates to steer the OP in another direction

Alright then I deleted the offending post. Not trolling though.

Kins,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Alright then I deleted the offending post. Not trolling though.
Good on ya. I don't use my vapcaps as much as my Splinter Zs or the Tinymight but with an induction heater (and my technique of dragging on them like I'm about to face a firing squad) vapcaps are always there for really efficient if somewhat toasty high temp hits. The draw resistance definitely isn't my favorite though.

Tabris

Ouroboros
@EZ Wind Thank you!
Betting on the second hand is definitely a point but I’d like to avoid it. Above all I’d like to avoid the thought that what I am about to buy will be some kind of test destined to be passed by something else (I am the anti VAS! 😝 ).
I’d like to buy something with the illusion that it will be enough for me for a few years.
I don't know if you understand me, sorry.
However these days I am deepening the topics of all the devices that you all have recommended.

Tabris,

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Dynavaps are fantastic for what they are, and I'd happily recommend one to anyone who's not afraid of fire. Like I have some crazy good and powerful vapes (logs, elev8r, lotus, 510s, bricks...) and it still baffles me how good a vapcap can do overall. Especially considering its price and relative simplicity. And anyone who said they tried it but it was rubbish either a) didn't give it enough time and practice or b) had one of those faulty early 2020 M's or similarly faulty units. Are they the best? No, clearly not. But they can be damn fine at a (increasingly less) reasonable price point with a pretty fun ritual if you get the hang of it (or an IH if you can't be arsed)

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
@Tabris, I understand you just fine. It's certainly the responsible and practical approach to try to get one vape that attempts to meet all your needs. I hope you find what you are looking for!

I enjoy having a small variety of different vapes to choose from and I am fortunate enough in life to be able to afford them. I'm doubly lucky in that my wife is a partner in crime so she actually encourages the VAS. To me it is like enjoying a nice adult beverage. It's good to have a variety. Beer, wine, and cocktails are all different -- but they achieve the same end -- a nice warm fuzzy alcohol buzz.

That said, if I absolutely had to pick one jack-of-all-trades vape from my quiver it would be the Firewood 7. It micro-doses very well, but can also give monster hits both dry and through water, has a great flavor, is hand made and gorgeous to look at, is easily portable for travel, is easy to load and clean, has excellent customer service, and takes user replaceable/chargeable 18650 batteries.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Hi! Thanks for your forum, I’m learning a lot.
First of all, sorry for my bad english, be patient.
I’ll give you some info about me to help you to... Help me :p

- I love the flavor of weed;
- I like shisha, so I love to make dense, white clouds as a drake;
- I smoked pipes for some year so I love rituals, feeling tactile, portability;
- I hate the feeling of hot smoke in my chest;
- I’d use it 2 days a week;
- I would like the ability to use small amounts of material;
- I love long, deep hits with long (minutes, I mean) breaks from each other.

I have 0 experiences about vapo world. Thanks to your forum I targeted Dynavap or Vapman, but I’m open to your suggestions.
But, if possible, avoid abbreviations about vapo stuff because I cant understand them.

Oh, I have some question about Dynavap, is it better this section or the Dynavap topic?

Thank you all!
You said you like ritual. If it hasn’t been recommended, you have to consider the Neo. It is an external heat source you use with your pipe. Gives great flavor, all about ritual, and perfect for spacing out your hits.

Something else to consider...

Tabris

Ouroboros
@sunyata oh thank you, I like your enthusiasm! The vapcap was my first purchase idea. Actually I questioned it right after this topic. But it's still one of my main options.
With an M 2019 I would spend little, but I want to wait for the first comments on the 2021 line.

@EZ Wind wow, yes, you're lucky. And it's very important you know it,
so your luck can continue. I am happy for you!

I cannot afford variety, and this purchase will be the renunciation of many other things so I have the responsibility of having to choose well. Precisely because I don't know if and when I will be able to afford another try.
I am not writing it to sound like the little match girl 😅 but to explain that mine is not just a claim. And I don't want to spend "as little as possible", but just the right amount (within my budget) for something that will give me satisfaction for as long as possible.

The Firewood 7 is very interesting, thank you! But I am not finding Eu online-stores that have it...

@Mr. Me2
thank you! I have considered it but I would like a "new ritual" and the Neo would bring me back 😝

Texus

@sunyata oh thank you, I like your enthusiasm! The vapcap was my first purchase idea. Actually I questioned it right after this topic. But it's still one of my main options.
With an M 2019 I would spend little, but I want to wait for the first comments on the 2021 line.

@EZ Wind wow, yes, you're lucky. And it's very important you know it,
so your luck can continue. I am happy for you!

I cannot afford variety, and this purchase will be the renunciation of many other things so I have the responsibility of having to choose well. Precisely because I don't know if and when I will be able to afford another try.
I am not writing it to sound like the little match girl 😅 but to explain that mine is not just a claim. And I don't want to spend "as little as possible", but just the right amount (within my budget) for something that will give me satisfaction for as long as possible.

The Firewood 7 is very interesting, thank you! But I am not finding Eu online-stores that have it...

@Mr. Me2
thank you! I have considered it but I would like a "new ritual" and the Neo would bring me back 😝
Yeah, Firewood is selling out in minutes and not currently shipping outside US and Canada.

As for Dynavap, opinions tend to be split on preference for Ti vs SS tip. If budget is an issue, you'll probably be very happy with SS. And if you are thinking IH, in my experience I find that SS works better for them IMHO. First reviews of 2021 are starting to show up, but for the M, differences don't seem substantial. You may be better off getting a 2020M at a discount as retailers are selling off their stock.

I haven't followed the Neo thread too closely, but from what I read, you will need to make sure you are able to get a good seal with that one, which could limit your pipe/water piece options there. But no direct experience. Just passing along what gave me pause.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah, if the Prrl Neo or something else fits your desired use case better by all means. The neo as I understand it is intended to be used with other pieces. If you’ve mostly been smoking joints and don’t have a little spoon or something glass you carry with you would need to pick one up, but they’re cheap. The maker seems like he has a great sense of humor. They did a giveaway on a subreddit recently asking what piece folks were most excited to vape with. A few of people jokingly responded saying they’d use a pop can, and they successfully revived the old pop can bong with one!

The main point that I was trying to make is that dynavap’s aren’t anywhere near as complicated as some make them out to be, you don’t need any crazy accessories, and an ih is not required at all. I do quite well with my $4 butane torch.

This first picture was after a heating cycle at the tip and two at the second third. The second picture was after another 2 or 3, I forget exactly hits near the base. The lighting isn’t great but it was like a dark roasted coffee color. It was all evenly roasted and produced great vapor, though it gets hot directly out of the dynavap (e.g. leads to me coughing if I don’t uncover the airport soon enough).

Attachments

• D5C73FA3-451F-478F-B013-6F5A1A64B711.jpeg
    D5C73FA3-451F-478F-B013-6F5A1A64B711.jpeg
    705.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 9412BB36-FC85-40FF-8909-B2B871972400.jpeg
    9412BB36-FC85-40FF-8909-B2B871972400.jpeg
    707.3 KB · Views: 10

sunyata

Accessory Maker

So one of my key lessons learned in 2020 about dynavap is that the hype is strong and early production units faulty. I started with a 2019 M, which I bought like 3 months before the 2020 came out, then got a 2020m and the tip wasn't machined properly, then spent months in the back and forth with dynavap cs, got a new tip but still the 2019 M is superior IMO. I also got a nonavong with the ti tip, which is in some ways better than the 2019 M (bit quicker to heat up and more open airflow) but after getting another ti tip I realized that there are also just pretty wide margins between individual production units. Also the 2020 m tip has a lot more mass than the 2019, so it takes a longer time to click but the herb is still getting toasty, on average I'd say it's more likely I get 3 nice full hits without too heavy toastage with the 2019 than the 2020, where the last hit of the 3 can be pretty overdone porcorn taste... I think it's because for the first hits you have to heat very aggressively to get it to run, but then it also retains more between hits, so the way you have to heat it changes more over the course of a session than it does for the 2019. Also dynavap just changed their ti tip design (shallower grooves, seemingly to make machining easier), and a lot of people aren't too excited, so you may wanna hold off on the ti tips also. Plus I think they only do hydravongs not nonavongs anymore, and the hydras have pretty thin wood in places and seem to crack more. So the 2019 M in many ways is the best choice to get a feel for dynavaps at the moment IMO. Super good prices if you hunt a bit.

Endless Interim

So one of my key lessons learned in 2020 about dynavap is that the hype is strong and early production units faulty. I started with a 2019 M, which I bought like 3 months before the 2020 came out, then got a 2020m and the tip wasn't machined properly, then spent months in the back and forth with dynavap cs, got a new tip but still the 2019 M is superior IMO. I also got a nonavong with the ti tip, which is in some ways better than the 2019 M (bit quicker to heat up and more open airflow) but after getting another ti tip I realized that there are also just pretty wide margins between individual production units. Also the 2020 m tip has a lot more mass than the 2019, so it takes a longer time to click but the herb is still getting toasty, on average I'd say it's more likely I get 3 nice full hits without too heavy toastage with the 2019 than the 2020, where the last hit of the 3 can be pretty overdone porcorn taste... I think it's because for the first hits you have to heat very aggressively to get it to run, but then it also retains more between hits, so the way you have to heat it changes more over the course of a session than it does for the 2019. Also dynavap just changed their ti tip design (shallower grooves, seemingly to make machining easier), and a lot of people aren't too excited, so you may wanna hold off on the ti tips also. Plus I think they only do hydravongs not nonavongs anymore, and the hydras have pretty thin wood in places and seem to crack more. So the 2019 M in many ways is the best choice to get a feel for dynavaps at the moment IMO. Super good prices if you hunt a bit.
Good to know for us new to Dynavap.Here is mine I just picked up.

Endless Interim,

gordontreeman

FWIW, I do agree with @sunyata regarding both DV's lack of QC (I use mine with my woodscents: I guess its hard to pin the blame all on Dynavap as they aren't really advertising their tips for use with a log heater, but its shocking to me that it isn't just a plug-and-play operation switching between tips) and the titanium heating characteristics: I have a ti tip that came with my woodscents, so I compared it to my M last night and its definitely more of a session style to me. The stainless seems to heat slower/hold more heat (as energy) as a result, so it was fewer, larger hits than the titanium. It still resulted in a nice even heat of the material as seen in the pictures, but my personal preference would probably be for the ti tip.

Last edited:

Tabris

Ouroboros
@Bad Dog currently on my scale there are dynavap (vapcap/omni?) and glow 18.
It’s a good race.

@Texus thanks for the confirmation regarding the firewood.
The budget is a problem if I have to exceed 200€ or if I spend without thinking well, I can still afford a TI 😝
And the Neo... didn't catch me. Mah!

@gordontreeman thank you very much for the photos, really interesting!
It’s a 2020 M?

@sunyata good point, thanks. At the moment the best deal I have found is 58€ for a 2019 M.

But now I have a question for dyna-users.
I know the differences between vapcap and omni, but what is the difference that really makes you prefer omni and to which you give the value of those extra 100€?

Tabris,
Reactions: sunyata

gordontreeman

@Tabris i don’t necessarily think the Omni is worth it. I think most of us are suggesting an m + a ti cap to swap in at most.

I have a 2020m and what amounts to a vong (ti tip, old non-captive cap, ti ccd, ti condenser, and a wooden body with no air intake) so I can’t speak to the Omni. To my mind the steel or ti tip is preference. I got more smaller hits out of the ti, and a few big rips out of the ss.

Last edited:
gordontreeman,
Reactions: Tabris

Texus

@Tabris i don’t necessarily think the Omni is worth it. I think most of us are suggesting an m + a ti cap to swap in at most.

I have a 2020m and what amounts to a vong (ti tip, old non-captive cap, ti ccd, ti condenser, and a wooden body with no air intake) so I can’t speak to the vong. To my mind the steel or ti tip is preference. I got more smaller hits out of the ti, and a few big rips out of the ss.
Although that new Omni that is coming out in a few days looks pretty awesome, and I think that they have 20% off for preorders. Sneaky Pete poseted a review yesterday. Sorry about to hop on a call so no time to hunt the link down.

Texus,
Reactions: Tabris

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@Tabris you don't have to buy a omni to get a titanium tip, at least in North America it's common place for vaporizer stores to sell just tips, caps and glass stems so you can put together your own Dynavap

sunyata

Accessory Maker
But now I have a question for dyna-users.
I know the differences between vapcap and omni, but what is the difference that really makes you prefer omni and to which you give the value of those extra 100€?

The biggest difference is the omni condenser, at least in price. I snagged an omni vong at an insane sale last year, and even still kinda regret it. The omni condenser just doesn't add much. Iv would recommend getting that 58€ 2019 m, and if you get the itch for upgrades get a ti tip, and the xl condenser with the spinning mouthpiece (ti or wood both nice). The main function of the omni condenser, ie partially obstructing the airport, is better achieved by moving one of the o rings on the condenser to block the airport partially from inside.

Tabris

Ouroboros
@Bad Dog hey, there's a limit to my naivety too 😝
Kidding, huh, but I know tips can be purchased separately.
I was wondering about omni to understand what makes it desirable for experienced users.

@TheThriftDrifter VAS will never have me! :argh:

@sunyata reading the omni features it seems to me that it makes things easier, like managing the steam flow. So instinctively I would think that it’s more oriented towards less experienced users. Instead I see that the opposite happens. This is why I asked the question, to understand what escapes me.

Top Bottom