• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Steel28

there is so much hate on Reddit for proprit
I thought the light was supposed to go out but mine doesn't. And its the new one Marc sent me. The first charge it went for 5 hrs and the light didn't go out. So I unplugged and plugged back in and no light. Same thing today on 2nd charge.
Should probably message Marc about it, but I know he's damn busy and nothing got hot at all with that long of a charge so no worries of over charging. Also just sent my original 2 back to him.
He shipped mine last Friday so I assume he checked my two battery packs. I’ll be home soon and will check if the light is still on lol

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Interesting. Do you think that’s just from the bigger air intakes or is the bowl geometry/position somehow different from the FW7?

That’s assuming you have a FW7, of course, but how could you compare them if you didn’t? 🤔
According to Marc on Reddit:
(In) theory it should be more convection because the heating coil is making less contact with the capsule than it did with the fw7 bowl, and has more surface contacting the incoming air.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I thought the light was supposed to go out but mine doesn't. And its the new one Marc sent me. The first charge it went for 5 hrs and the light didn't go out. So I unplugged and plugged back in and no light. Same thing today on 2nd charge.
Should probably message Marc about it, but I know he's damn busy and nothing got hot at all with that long of a charge so no worries of over charging. Also just sent my original 2 back to him.

As silly as this sounds, it could be that the light would have gone out any moment if you had waited. I think my first charge for each of my original batteries may have been somewhere in the 5-6 hour range. My replacement battery charged up just fine but also took something like 5-6 hours. But if you've got any concerns you should certainly email Marc.

Interesting. Do you think that’s just from the bigger air intakes or is the bowl geometry/position somehow different from the FW7?

That’s assuming you have a FW7, of course, but how could you compare them if you didn’t? 🤔

I would say one difference is that in the FW7 the material is packed in against the walls of the over chamber. In the 8, the material sits in the capsule, the outside surface of which contacts the heating element. I'm purely a semi-informed layman on this stuff, but I would have thought that would lead to at least some small amount of conduction. And I thought I remembered reading something from Marc saying the 8 was a hybrid just like the 7. But what I remember has increasingly less correspondence with the consensual reality, so don't take my word on anything. :p

Edit to add: Grass Yes beat me to it.

and

sorry to be dense, but what is "proprit"?

Steel28

As silly as this sounds, it could be that the light would have gone out any moment if you had waited. I think my first charge for each of my original batteries may have been somewhere in the 5-6 hour range. My replacement battery charged up just fine but also took something like 5-6 hours. But if you've got any concerns you should certainly email Marc.

I would say one difference is that in the FW7 the material is packed in against the walls of the over chamber. In the 8, the material sits in the capsule, the outside surface of which contacts the heating element. I'm purely a semi-informed layman on this stuff, but I would have thought that would lead to at least some small amount of conduction. And I thought I remembered reading something from Marc saying the 8 was a hybrid just like the 7. But what I remember has increasingly less correspondence with the consensual reality, so don't take my word on anything. :p

Edit to add: Grass Yes beat me to it.

and

sorry to be dense, but what is "proprit"?
😂 meant to write proprietary battery

moondog

Here's another data point: I just got done charging my replacement battery. It was giving 2 beeps (and was probably close to the 1-beep range) before charging. It took about 3 hours from plugging in to green light going out; which was considerably shorter than my first charge on each of my batteries.

moondog,

Zagala

Been waiting to hear from you, sounds solid! Picking up mine tomorrow from forwarding office. I think mine will be first in the North (Canada) lol
Also in Canada and Group C, I am curious to know how you made a payment so I can be ready. Thanks

Zagala,

Falconflys

Here's another data point: I just got done charging my replacement battery. It was giving 2 beeps (and was probably close to the 1-beep range) before charging. It took about 3 hours from plugging in to green light going out; which was considerably shorter than my first charge on each of my batteries.
Plugged in at 2pm eastern time. gonna let it go!

Falconflys,

Steel28

Had my first session, don’t want to hype but I like it a lot. Very smooth vapor an terps taste so good. Also fluffy clouds and after one bowl of indica hybrid I’m loving it.

Insta favorite.

@moondog when you complete full charge, does your battery buzzes 4 times or 5? I’m getting 4 buzzes and put it back to charge.

edit: never mind, I’m stoned. Its 5 times 😂

Last edited:

havewill1

I have a 7, and I’m not gonna pretend to understand how the design works, maybe it’s cause the capsules sit inside the coil and not on top, and when you pull the hot air through it pulls from the top down? Not sure but it’s definitely a lot more convection vs the FW7

Hopkins3030

My take on it was that because the payload is now in capsules instead of being loaded directly into the oven that there's more ceramic between flower and heater, thus less conduction... Coupled with the airpath changes mentioned more convection with the same heater makes sense to me... 🤷🏻‍♂️

moondog

Quick question for other Group A folks who have received and used their FW8:

Do you hear any loud clicks while the unit is heating up? I would almost call them "cracking" sounds but that is too alarming a word to use. It's not a quiet, continual clicking sound like I've heard from previous heaters. Just a few discrete loud clicks. It sounds like something could be expanding, maybe. It happens while heating up for each draw.

I did not notice this noise when I first started using the FW8. I've only been aware of it during my last couple of sessions.

Perhaps coincidentally, I've found that lately the capsules need a bit more gentle persuasion to come out of the oven chamber after use (yes they are fully cooled at the time of removal).

Falconflys

Quick question for other Group A folks who have received and used their FW8:

Do you hear any loud clicks while the unit is heating up? I would almost call them "cracking" sounds but that is too alarming a word to use. It's not a quiet, continual clicking sound like I've heard from previous heaters. Just a few discrete loud clicks. It sounds like something could be expanding, maybe. It happens while heating up for each draw.

I did not notice this noise when I first started using the FW8. I've only been aware of it during my last couple of sessions.

Perhaps coincidentally, I've found that lately the capsules need a bit more gentle persuasion to come out of the oven chamber after use (yes they are fully cooled at the time of removal).
Hey @moondog... I haven't noticed that with mine. No clicking or noise at all when heating up. But, I removed the oven lid right after a bowl to check my bud the capsule clicked/popped and came flying out of the oven! I was like WTF! Were did that go? I was luckily outside and it flew into the grass. So... no more taking the lid off when hot!
Also noticed one capsule that I've used more than others getting like resin bleedthru (sticky) which causes it to get stuck in the oven. I'm sure it will happen to the others I have. Time will tell with more fine tuning this fantastic device!

Last edited:

MMJane

Got my 8 yesterday. Hadn’t used a firewood since the 4 about five years ago. I wasn’t my nearly as into vaping/cannabis then as I was now so I don’t remember much. I had the 3/4 back then and used a fair amount.

I just came inside from using it for the first time.

First impressions:

The flavor is outstanding. That was my favorite thing about FW vapes. The hits taste so much better than any other vape far longer than they ought to. It seems like in other ones, after the first draw it tastes popcorny. With FW, I’m getting tasty hits for at least 3 healthy draws. I don’t understand why but I love it.

I need a lot more practice figuring out how to use it. I had a hard time getting vapor (user error) then I ended up combusting (also user error). I’ve never combusted in my TinyMight or my Dynavap!

The charger Marc sent seems to be a dud. (Either that or the port on BOTH batteries are broken, which seems unlikely). I charged each one for 3 hours and the light never went off. Of course, I failed to note that it was supposed to, assumed the batteries were good and used the vape anyway because I’m impatient. I know it wasn’t the outlet because I used it to charge my 18650s and my Caliburn both before and after using it for the FW batteries. So, yeah. Either the cable or the brick. My intention was to come in and charge the batteries with a new cable and brick to confirm my hypothesis, but the high I got just kept coming. I found myself fumbling with cables and bricks and not feeling confident that I could pair the correct combo together and not blow up my batteries. So I opted to sit, just be high and tell the story of my first FW8 experience here instead.

Even getting inadequate vapor and having a mostly dead battery and screwing up using it, it still got me high. That’s impressive.

I am really fucking high and I can barely keep my thoughts together and the bowl is half the size of what I’d been doing in my TinyMight. Crazy. Same flower I’ve been using. For anyone curious, it’s a hemp salad. 1 part each Forbidden V and Stardust CBG with two parts Sunflower Diesel “thca” flower. I live in a legal state and have my card, I just don’t trust the dispensary product as they’ve been shady about mold. (Link if curious)

Anyhow, I’ve written a god damned novel.

I’m really glad I bought this vape. I medicate to treat my mental health and got my card back in Dec after not having it/using for 2 years. I had to throw away my FW 3/4 after being forced to quit because my therapist said weed was causing my mental health issues. After 17 years of ineffective therapy, I found a place that treats Trauma correctly. I got diagnosed with PTSD and DID. My therapist and psychiatrist saw how effective weed was for me when I got so desperate for relief I went back to using hemp “behind everyone’s back.”. I have my card now.

Now I have the vape that started me on the road to realizing cannabis genuinely helps me heal. I’ve come so far in these last 9 ish months since Ive been using it again. It helps me get through the trauma work without it being *too much* and in a very healthy way. I’m not popping benzos like I used to 4x a day.

I’m grateful to Marc for a wonderful product. It’s a marvel how all the pieces fit together so smoothly. The FW8 is beautiful. I was so happy when I opened the box. I need to practice my technique to get using the thing right, but I have no doubt the FW8 is going to become my daily driver.

Last edited:

havewill1

Got my 8 yesterday. Hadn’t used a firewood since the 4 about five years ago. I wasn’t my nearly as into vaping/cannabis then as I was now so I don’t remember much. I had the 3/4 back then and used a fair amount.

I just came inside from using it for the first time.

First impressions:

The flavor is outstanding. That was my favorite thing about FW vapes. The hits taste so much better than any other vape far longer than they ought to. It seems like in other ones, after the first draw it tastes popcorny. With FW, I’m getting tasty hits for at least 3 healthy draws. I don’t understand why but I love it.

I need a lot more practice figuring out how to use it. I had a hard time getting vapor (user error) then I ended up combusting (also user error). I’ve never combusted in my TinyMight or my Dynavap!

The charger Marc sent seems to be a dud. (Either that or the port on BOTH batteries are broken, which seems unlikely). I charged each one for 3 hours and the light never went off. Of course, I failed to note that it was supposed to, assumed the batteries were good and used the vape anyway because I’m impatient. I know it wasn’t the outlet because I used it to charge my 18650s and my Caliburn both before and after using it for the FW batteries. So, yeah. Either the cable or the brick. My intention was to come in and charge the batteries with a new cable and brick to confirm my hypothesis, but the high I got just kept coming. I found myself fumbling with cables and bricks and not feeling confident that I could pair the correct combo together and not blow up my batteries. So I opted to sit, just be high and tell the story of my first FW8 experience here instead.

Even getting inadequate vapor and having a mostly dead battery and screwing up using it, it still got me high. That’s impressive.

I am really fucking high and I can barely keep my thoughts together and the bowl is half the size of what I’d been doing in my TinyMight. Crazy. Same flower I’ve been using. For anyone curious, it’s a hemp salad. 1 part each Forbidden V and Stardust CBG with two parts Sunflower Diesel “thca” flower. I live in a legal state and have my card, I just don’t trust the dispensary product as they’ve been shady about mold. (Link if curious)

Anyhow, I’ve written a god damned novel.

I’m really glad I bought this vape. I medicate to treat my mental health and got my card back in Dec after not having it/using for 2 years. I had to throw away my FW 3/4 after being forced to quit because my therapist said weed was causing my mental health issues. After 17 years of ineffective therapy, I found a place that treats Trauma correctly. I got diagnosed with PTSD and DID. My therapist and psychiatrist saw how effective weed was for me when I got so desperate for relief I went back to using hemp “behind everyone’s back.”. I have my card now.

Now I have the vape that started me on the road to realizing cannabis genuinely helps me heal. I’ve come so far in these last 9 ish months since Ive been using it again. It helps me get through the trauma work without it being *too much* and in a very healthy way. I’m not popping benzos like I used to 4x a day.

I’m grateful to Marc for a wonderful product. It’s a marvel how all the pieces fit together so smoothly. The FW8 is beautiful. I was so happy when I opened the box. I need to practice my technique to get using the thing right, but I have no doubt the FW8 is going to become my daily driver.
FYI the batteries took me about 6 hours for the light to shut off the first time i got them

MMJane

I swapped out the cable and brick and both batteries charged inside of 3 hours each. I’m gonna chalk it up to them being faulty.

I’ve had a couple more sessions and am getting better at using the FW again. It’s like riding a bike. I was gonna upload a shot of my abv being nice and even but Imgur is being persnickety at the moment on mobile.

I need to reconfigure my presets. Will tackle that when I get home later. I’m a bit intimidated by the process. I’ll be sure to do it *before* I consume so I can follow directions!

Does anyone know offhand what the presets are out of the box? I’d like to keep as many as I can. I think 3 is too hot and 1 is too low, but I’d like to know just can save time. I think I saw it in this thread somewhere but it’s a lot to look through!

Thanks.

MMJane,

oldbay

Does anyone know offhand what the presets are out of the box? I’d like to keep as many as I can. I think 3 is too hot and 1 is too low, but I’d like to know just can save time. I think I saw it in this thread somewhere but it’s a lot to look through!

Thanks.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but if it's the same system as the 7 (which it sounds like it is) you can check the configured temperature for the current preset by tapping the button 3 times. It will respond with two sets of buzzes separated by a brief pause, indicating the 100's place and 10's place of the temp in F. E.g. 3 buzzes, pause, 6 buzzes = 360F.

moondog

Thanks.
Level 1 = 340F
Level 2 = 380F
Level 3 = 400F

Top Bottom