Firewood Vaporizer

attackpoints

I figured it must be in unregulated mode. I've definitely combusted using it before, but the denseness of the smoke when you don't is so tasty. High risk/reward for sure.

I know device comparisons in threads are discouraged but I really prefer my TM if I want the unregulated convection taste.

ezpz

I figured it must be in unregulated mode. I've definitely combusted using it before, but the denseness of the smoke when you don't is so tasty. High risk/reward for sure.
I hear ya. I normally vape at 380. Clean-up hit at 420. But every once in a while, I gotta hit it hard, just to convince myself that I don't NEED an anvil. Or a ball vape, or a log vape, or a direct draw butane vape. I'm ALL GOOD!

Until Fw8 comes out....... then I'm fucked. :whip:

GnarlyVandal

I hear ya. I normally vape at 380. Clean-up hit at 420. But every once in a while, I gotta hit it hard, just to convince myself that I don't NEED an anvil. Or a ball vape, or a log vape, or a direct draw butane vape. I'm ALL GOOD!

Until Fw8 comes out....... then I'm fucked. :whip:
Yo man, pick up an Fmj for any Dynavap, preferably a vong. I’ve been using as my daily driver the last couple weeks and definitely performs comparable to an anvil. Thought it was going to be a gimmick and I’ve now not used my firewood for 4 days…

GnarlyVandal,
Reactions: ezpz

Texus

Reminder that we want to keep to Firewood topics since this is a Firewood thread. So to bring it back to that, Firewoods are different beasts from ballers, or Dynavaps or Anvils (agree Anvils aren't comparable to FMJ DVs, BTW. Not close in my experience, either), or butane vapes. Bringing it back around to FWs, their combo convection/conduction just gives a different sort of hit in addition to a different and simpler user experience.

GraniteState420

Reminder that we want to keep to Firewood topics since this is a Firewood thread. So to bring it back to that, Firewoods are different beasts from ballers, or Dynavaps or Anvils (agree Anvils aren't comparable to FMJ DVs, BTW. Not close in my experience, either), or butane vapes. Bringing it back around to FWs, their combo convection/conduction just gives a different sort of hit in addition to a different and simpler user experience.
Totally agree. Will also add that all versions are just special in their own way. I'm lucky enough to own the 5,6, and 7....they all have a spot in my rotation depending on my mood. I grab the 7 for ease of use, no tinkering, just load - hold the button - suck - repeat. I use the 6 usually for quick micro dose hits on the go....love the stash trough, insane flavor, but yes a bit of a learning curve on pack and draw speed, but when mastered it's so pleasurable. Finally the 5 is just so pretty (mine is cherry) and again easy to use....I give it a 15 sec heat up before the first hit to warm up the tray a bit, then off to flavor town...

gotbadvas

I have had my firewood 7 for a good while now. Mine came with the cutout in the wood but with the skinny straw stem. I always planned to get the cooling stem but things happened and I never got around to it. Are there any new cool stems I should be aware of as I would like to get one soon. Still love this vape and I feel like I can get some absurdly big hits that rival many desktops if I want to do that. Something about the vapor I seem to prefer I guess it's the conduction. I never change my heat settings and I can pretty much get any kind of hit just by changing draw speed. Maybe a little extra cooling will make me love it even more.

gotbadvas,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

LogicThug

I have had my firewood 7 for a good while now. Mine came with the cutout in the wood but with the skinny straw stem. I always planned to get the cooling stem but things happened and I never got around to it. Are there any new cool stems I should be aware of as I would like to get one soon. Still love this vape and I feel like I can get some absurdly big hits that rival many desktops if I want to do that. Something about the vapor I seem to prefer I guess it's the conduction. I never change my heat settings and I can pretty much get any kind of hit just by changing draw speed. Maybe a little extra cooling will make me love it even more.
A couple of my favorite stems on the FW7 are the Revolve from Mad Heaters and Good Vibes Boro stem I got via Oconnell woodworks website.

gotbadvas

A couple of my favorite stems on the FW7 are the Revolve from Mad Heaters and Good Vibes Boro stem I got via Oconnell woodworks website.
Oh that good vibes one from oww looks nice but that's more than I want to spend right now. I have a noisy cricket from them and the cooling stem is nice for that.

Vaporware

Doesn’t Marc still sell the FW7 cooling stems? If not, you can look for hula stems (just make sure you get the right length).

A variety of Dynavap compatible stems can work, but yeah most of them are more expensive and you may or may not think they’re better. I’m good with the glass ones I got with it. :)

Falconflys

WHEN???? I don't know about others but seeing "firewood 8 coming soon" for months is just brutal! We know it's coming, we knew when 7s stop dropping in 2021! This is worse than waiting for a lamart drop. Sorry for bitchin, but I'm sick of the teaser and my patience are wearing thin! I just want a FW8.

Texus

Doesn’t Marc still sell the FW7 cooling stems? If not, you can look for hula stems (just make sure you get the right length).

A variety of Dynavap compatible stems can work, but yeah most of them are more expensive and you may or may not think they’re better. I’m good with the glass ones I got with it. :)
Good vibes stem is great. But yeah a splurge.

And the Firewood cooling stem is quite nice itself.

If going with Dynavap stems, grab one without a carb hole or figure out how to plug it.

noobvaperct

VAS is killing me. I want to buy a top tier mobile unit and I narrowed it down to this or the TM, and those are readily available…

noobvaperct,

condition

I hope all these top-notch glass stems will be available in Europe sometime. So many options that may power up your vape

condition,
Reactions: Grass Yes

checkyourlibido

WHEN???? I don't know about others but seeing "firewood 8 coming soon" for months is just brutal! We know it's coming, we knew when 7s stop dropping in 2021! This is worse than waiting for a lamart drop. Sorry for bitchin, but I'm sick of the teaser and my patience are wearing thin! I just want a FW8.
I don't know if you are familiar with Norse religions. But I would say this is similar to Ragnarock. We know it's coming, we just don't know when.

checkyourlibido,
  • Haha
Reactions: ezpz

havewill1

May I suggest the large glass charlie stem from vgoodiez, no carb too works perfectly

GnarlyVandal

Duuuuude.....it is not compatible to the Anvil...sorry.
Sorry for derailing the thread!
IMO Vapour definitely tastes better through an anvil but the density and volume through an FMJ vong is amazing. Should’ve added that I don’t hit vapcaps natively, just through large glass pieces. And that i was responding to someone who was trying to edge away from dropping cash on an anvil, I thought it was a good cheaper option, at least one I’ve been enjoying.

Been using my firewood 7 again over the weekend and it’s smackiingggg. Didn’t realise that the FMJ was lowering my tolerance but it’s a nice bonus!

As someone who had both… get the TM. Especially since they upgraded the board.

Tinymight that good? Are they durable? As I am ridiculously clumsy and likely to drop it several times 😆

GnarlyVandal,

games-loaves0t

Sorry for derailing the thread!
IMO Vapour definitely tastes better through an anvil but the density and volume through an FMJ vong is amazing. Should’ve added that I don’t hit vapcaps natively, just through large glass pieces. And that i was responding to someone who was trying to edge away from dropping cash on an anvil, I thought it was a good cheaper option, at least one I’ve been enjoying.

Been using my firewood 7 again over the weekend and it’s smackiingggg. Didn’t realise that the FMJ was lowering my tolerance but it’s a nice bonus!

Tinymight that good? Are they durable? As I am ridiculously clumsy and likely to drop it several times 😆
Sorry guys, but this doesn't have much to do with the Firewood vape. Let's get back to complaining about the disease that is VAS and why Marc hasn't shared any new details with us. I'm back to checking the website on a daily basis... Hoping to see a glimpse of the new design.

Top Bottom