Firewood Vaporizer

checkyourlibido

Sorry for derailing the thread!
No problem.
IMO Vapour definitely tastes better through an anvil but the density and volume through an FMJ vong is amazing. Should’ve added that I don’t hit vapcaps natively, just through large glass pieces. And that i was responding to someone who was trying to edge away from dropping cash on an anvil, I thought it was a good cheaper option, at least one I’ve been enjoying.
You did it again.

Tinymight that good? Are they durable? As I am ridiculously clumsy and likely to drop it several times 😆
You did it again.

LOL, I'm just kidding. I try to follow the rules on the threads, but it's hard not to compare.

I've started my collection of these high end vapes. I need the FW8 and then I'm done, I'm serious this time.

noobvaperct

As someone who had both… get the TM. Especially since they upgraded the board.
Game changing comment possibly. Why does everyone say the flavor, cooling, cleaning, and extraction is better with the FW? For portables I strictly use them natively, I hear the stock stem and cooling unit isn’t the best, is this true? I’m not interested in getting glass as I like to lay down and enjoy my portable. Also, what about the new board makes the TM worth it? The FW8 isn’t even out yet to compare to “the new” TM. Also, doesn’t the TM buzz loudly? Not a fan of any kind of noise from a device.
Sorry guys, but this doesn't have much to do with the Firewood vape. Let's get back to complaining about the disease that is VAS and why Marc hasn't shared any new details with us. I'm back to checking the website on a daily basis... Hoping to see a glimpse of the new design.
I too check daily. Multiple times a day. Not even one freaking email from him. What the fuck man, I’ve never wanted to give my money away more than I do now.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Why does everyone say the flavor, cooling, cleaning, and extraction is better with the FW? For portables I strictly use them natively, I hea
I have not heard this. I have both and I disagree on all counts. Different vapes for different purposes in my opinion. I love my FW7 but I will say that it is almost exclusively my dog walk vape and my TM is used in all situations.
I hear the stock stem and cooling unit isn’t the best, is this true? I’m not interested in getting glass as I like to lay down and enjoy my portable. Also, what about the new board makes the TM worth it? The FW8 isn’t even out yet to compare to “the new” TM. Also, doesn’t the TM buzz loudly? Not a fan of any kind of noise from a device.
These questions are probably better answered in the TM thread. You definitely have some misinformation.

Or you could create a TM vs. FW7 thread.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Why does everyone say the flavor, cooling, cleaning, and extraction is better with the FW?

Yeah not everyone says that, I certainly disagree about cleaning in particular, but the FW7 is totally unique with its on demand hybrid conduction convection ceramic chamber anyway... As I've said before they are the perfect complimentary pair, truly!

Here^ is the comparison thread btw :tup:

For portables I strictly use them natively

You're doing yourself a bit of a disservice if you're using them at home this way only, FW7 with the WPA is like a whole other experience through dry glass like j-hooks ;)

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
You're doing yourself a bit of a disservice if you're using them at home this way only
Just quoting as I don't think liking really emphasizes this enough. No matter what high end portable you are using, the stock "native" stems are making some compromises to keep things portable-ish. A j hook is cheap, easy to carry around the house or lay down with, and does a phenomenal job preserving taste and adding waterpipe levels of cooling (depending on the hook, of course--a plain sherlock won't do as much as something dimpled).

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just quoting as I don't think liking really emphasizes this enough. No matter what high end portable you are using, the stock "native" stems are making some compromises to keep things portable-ish. A j hook is cheap, easy to carry around the house or lay down with, and does a phenomenal job preserving taste and adding waterpipe levels of cooling (depending on the hook, of course--a plain sherlock won't do as much as something dimpled).
Also the FW7 WPA is fantastic. It gives you a totally unique experience with a straight shot to the oven. I don't use it as often as I should but I am always happy I did. OGB sidecar j-hook fits perfectly.

Speaking of WPAs, do we have info on the FW8 WPA situation? I searched the thread and Marc's reddit comments but I didn't turn anything up.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
A j hook does a phenomenal job preserving taste and adding waterpipe levels of cooling.
I’ve read that a lot and nearly picked up a WPA in the last restock, but let it go because I’m usually in the 340-360° range and have never found heat to be an issue. Once the flavor goes, I cash it with a DV/IH combo, so I only really ever use my FW’s lower two presets.

Is the flavor that much better or are you all just hitting it at much higher temps (which you’d expect to hurt the flavor more than a Hula stem)? Genuinely curious.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’ve read that a lot and nearly picked up a WPA in the last restock, but let it go because I’m usually in the 340-360° range and have never found heat to be an issue. Once the flavor goes, I cash it with a DV/IH combo, so I only really ever use my FW’s lower two presets.

Is the flavor that much better or are you all just hitting it at much higher temps (which you’d expect to hurt the flavor more than a Hula stem)? Genuinely curious.

Oh no, no need for high temps, mine is still set low all around, it is better flavor, straight shot, easier cleaning, and if you are using a hook that has right angles, it does the same as the stock setup only more, and yes even smoother, and bonus is the visualization!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

I go all over the place temp wise, but I think the flavor is better for two reasons (n.b. No firewood here, just crashing the thread to see if there was news on the 8, but I don’t think either of these are vape dependent): first is the cooling as you guessed. In general our mouth and tongues aren’t very good at taste when temps are very hot. Having a 420 degree hit feel like it’s much cooler than that without the terp loss that water seems to cause leads to a smack of flavor ime. The second is just the volume. Even when I do 360 it’s still unpleasant on the back of my throat and lungs if I try to take a huge hit, as I am sometimes wont to do. The j hook gives a mechanical advantage in terms of drag and also still cools the vapor, so I can end up taking a larger bit that is just like more concentrated terps or what have you than I can achieve out of some smaller stems that don’t cool white as effectively or pull as freely.

If you can jerry-rig a bb or similar to try your fw with one it really is a fantastic way to enjoy flavor. The dhgate ones are cheap and very effective at cooling, so I think everyone should give a j hook a go before pursuing more esoteric glass and accessories.

noobvaperct

oh, i always thought native meant straight to the face without a water piece.

noobvaperct,

Ralph

I'm group C. Looks really nice!!!!!! I'm a little confused about the battery pack situation. If I have 18650 batteries and a charger already, will that work or must I charge it with a USB-C chord, charging the battery inside the unit?

Falconflys

I'm group C. Looks really nice!!!!!! I'm a little confused about the battery pack situation. If I have 18650 batteries and a charger already, will that work or must I charge it with a USB-C chord, charging the battery inside the unit?
He built like a carriage around the battery so you can't change the battery out of that.. Its permanent. If it dies, you can send it in for a battery swap.

Yessir, I got the early special, a ceramic mouthpiece adapter, and an additional set of capsules+wooden holder
I didn't see the ceramic mouth piece adapter in the pics? What is it exactly

dieezus

I didn't see the ceramic mouth piece adapter in the pics? What is it exactly
No idea, I just assumed it would let me use Dyna stems since the new glass mouthpiece is a single piece.

Now that I'm thinking about it.....It might just be the ceramic piece.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Oh SHIT! this thing looks awesome! Glad to be in group B, all you first buyers get to be the lab rats. I’m excited to see what you all have to say! I have no doubts it’ll be worth every penny.

Top Bottom